Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

10 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Just heard the phrase "Cinnamon Roll" used to describe Wonder Woman in the new Justice League trailer. You guys are the experts, was that a correct usage of the term? Because if it was, I'm now hopelessly unable to grasp the definition.

It wasn't. "Cinnamon roll" is used to describe cute, adorable characters, like the character Nanako from Persona 4. The actor of Wonder Woman isn't cute and adorable, she is more beautiful and gorgeous.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

18 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Just heard the phrase "Cinnamon Roll" used to describe Wonder Woman in the new Justice League trailer. You guys are the experts, was that a correct usage of the term? Because if it was, I'm now hopelessly unable to grasp the definition.

I haven't seen that trailer, but based on seeing the Wonder Women movie, I'm inclined to guess it was a mis-application of the term.

24 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Yeah, I pulled the trigger on Male Robin as soon as Brave Lyn came out, and am also looking at my F!Robin whose been waiting for months. I think if you just give her Bow breaker, that will let her not only survive Brave Lyn but kill her in one round with her base weapon, the gronwolf+. I don't know how to run calculations for the damage gronwolf deals, just that F!Robin will survive, and that should make her a good unit to have in your back pocket for AA runs.

I guess the Gronnwolf might work.  I'll see if that by itself will work, or it'll need TA.  I'm glad I got so many Setsunas when I was in Colorless Hell trying to get Olivia.

21 minutes ago, Othin said:

If the new Voting Gauntlet starts tomorrow, does that mean we should assume 1.8 will be getting released tonight?

That would make sense. That also means we will figure out what sacred coins do and what the re-run is. We also might get info about the genealogy of the war banner.

29 minutes ago, Othin said:

If the new Voting Gauntlet starts tomorrow, does that mean we should assume 1.8 will be getting released tonight?

By all means it should. The game has to update to, at the very least , put the new gauntlet data and whatever else is coming this week like the next banner, the re-run and possibly the new GHB and related quests. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

Something occurred to me recently: did the last datamine find any new maps? I know that a New Mystery music track was found, which was assumed to be for a BHB, but I don't recall a map for that BHB being found. If not, then the lack of a BHB lately makes a bit more sense.

5 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

By all means it should. The game has to update to, at the very least , put the new gauntlet data and whatever else is coming this week like the next banner, the re-run and possibly the new GHB and related quests. 

I don't think new data through an update is necessary to hold a Voting Gauntlet. Unlike Tempest Trials that features a new map and music for the final battle, some dialogue when you first open the mode, etc. Plus a Voting Gauntlet is never accompanied by a set of paralogue or Special maps. Voting Gauntlet just needs somebody to go in and turn the mode on, and it'll run itself over the course of a week.

I've never seen any indication that 1.8 is coming this week. I was betting on it coming the day of or shortly after Halloween so that we could have a spooky edition of the FEH broadcast detailing the updates and new schedule. Judgral banner should come with an update since it's new content, but I'd wait for them to start talking about 1.8 like it's official before making guesses.

8 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I don't think new data through an update is necessary to hold a Voting Gauntlet. Unlike Tempest Trials that features a new map and music for the final battle, some dialogue when you first open the mode, etc. Plus a Voting Gauntlet is never accompanied by a set of paralogue or Special maps. Voting Gauntlet just needs somebody to go in and turn the mode on, and it'll run itself over the course of a week.

I've never seen any indication that 1.8 is coming this week. I was betting on it coming the day of or shortly after Halloween so that we could have a spooky edition of the FEH broadcast detailing the updates and new schedule. Judgral banner should come with an update since it's new content, but I'd wait for them to start talking about 1.8 like it's official before making guesses.

Haven't the 0.1 release versions roughly coincided with each month so far?  We're a week into October, so I imagine we'd be getting it soon.

10 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

It wouldn't be just for the new gauntlet; it'd be for the other stuff that's coming later this week like the next banner, the GHB/GHB re-run and its related quests. They've been oddly quiet this month so far and we're nearly halfway done with October already. Whether it's 1.8 or not, only time will tell. 

The game has to update not only for the upcoming content but also for the new quests to get the flags. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

8 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

The past several months, we've gotten a new version update around the 7th or 8th of each month. Furthermore, we were told we'd find out what Sacred Coins do in October, and that will take a version update.

FEH Channel is apparently supposed to be every three months, so we should get one near the end of this month talking about the end of October banner and the November update. It's possible that there will be some Halloween elements if the end of October banner really is Halloween themed, and if they announce the function of Sacred Coins during that broadcast, I guess it'd fit the "find out in October" mention, but it'd seem like quite a letdown and I don't see any reason to expect them to skip on doing a version update for October.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

The past several months, we've gotten a new version update around the 7th or 8th of each month. Furthermore, we were told we'd find out what Sacred Coins do in October, and that will take a version update.

FEH Channel is apparently supposed to be every three months, so we should get one near the end of this month talking about the end of October banner and the November update. It's possible that there will be some Halloween elements if the end of October banner really is Halloween themed, and if they announce the function of Sacred Coins during that broadcast, I guess it'd fit the "find out in October" mention, but it'd seem like quite a letdown and I don't see any reason to expect them to skip on doing a version update for October.

I'm not sure if the FEH channels have any real schedule.  We had one back in the Spring, then one at the end of July, and one a month after that, for a total of three so far, but there's no real pattern to them.

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

I just went back in that interview and you're right that they specified October. But they could talk about Sacred Coins at any point of the month, including Halloween.

As for FEH Channel, the last two of those we had were only a month apart, and there was never a three month gap. It's more accurate to say that Hero Fest Banners tend to have a three month gap, but we only have two examples to draw from.

Edited by Glennstavos

4 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Sacred coin finally? What will it hold?

1 minute ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I hope so.  Maybe they'll announce that tonight.  New Squad Assault!

It's been datamined, but...

Spoiler

Apparently Coins are used to create Sacred Seals. Two of the new Seals have Urvan's damage reduction effect, one for melee/bow/daggers and one for magic.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

59 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Hide contents

Apparently Coins are used to create Sacred Seals. Two of the new Seals have Urvan's damage reduction effect, one for melee/bows and one for magic.

Spoiler

Create? I would assume upgrade instead. I wonder how that'll work...

WOAH. What happened to the quest layout.

Edited by KongDude

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Hide contents

Apparently Coins are used to create Sacred Seals. Two of the new Seals have Urvan's damage reduction effect, one for melee/bows and one for magic.

Spoiler

Ah!  Interesting.  I'm okay with that.  

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Reveal hidden contents

Apparently Coins are used to create Sacred Seals. Two of the new Seals have Urvan's damage reduction effect, one for melee/bow/daggers and one for magic.

Spoiler

That's... more interesting than I was expecting, honestly. Not super exciting, but at least there's some unique stuff to get from it.

They moved the Upgrade Castle button. Interesting. Perhaps they're planning to put something new in its place?

Also, the quest and team changes are very, very nice. If there's one thing these updates have done well, it's quality of life changes.