Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

Why does Corrin and Kana not count?

Corrin and Kana is effectively just 1 character so it fails on quantity count + their DStone is Trash + Kana actually fulfills the exact crteria Interdimensional Matter Transporter dislike about Manakete

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Corrin and Kana is effectively just 1 character so it fails on quantity count + their DStone is Trash + Kana actually fulfills the exact crteria Interdimensional Matter Transporter dislike about Manakete

But they are only manaketes that are totally different from all other manaketes. They can be any class you want and Corrin can look however you want, be whatever gender you want, and have whatever sexual orientation you want.

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And Ninian is too. Yet one dies in Elibe just existing, and the other has no issues living there and has presumably a long life. You don't look bad Ninian, but gosh you're awful as a plot device, a character, and a contradiction in understanding Elibe.

Actually, neither of the known dragon-blooded characters living in Nabata have any trouble surviving in post-Scouring Elibe, so it might just be the environment there.

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why is it that Fae was the only pure dragon alive in Elibe anyway? I find it hard to take dragonkind in FE seriously when it's mostly silly little girls we see so prominently- if that is what dragon civilization was like at its peak in Archanea, thank Naga it died off! Please drop the dragon loli archetype IS! I loved Goldoa, and Xane, and Nils, and Gotoh, Bantu and Yuan are okay too, and Nagi/Naga are great, and Tiki by herself wasn't bad, just stop the archetype and give us good playable dragon variety. And Corrin and Kana don't count.

Smaller bodies need fewer resources to sustain.

Also, you forgot Mila.

2 minutes ago, KongDude said:

I made the strange discovery that Bryce Papenbrook voices three characters with their eyes closed.

Henry, Oscar, and Kamui (who still needs to be in Heroes)

If only one of them were a green unit, then you could probably run a more balanced eyes closed team with Azama or an alternate Henry, Kamui, or Oscar in the future.

Edited by Kaden

I am in desperate need of Hinatas.  That sole Hinata is getting pretty lonely.  My SCamilla needs to upgrade to Fury 3.

Thankfully going into Colorless Hell has resupplied me with plenty of Setsunas, but I only got one Klein.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Also, you forgot Mila.

Mila and Duma being divine dragons- not the best of ideas, but she's okay despite looking a little too much like Naga with the light green hair Nowi is her daughter. Naga letting them go to Valentia is in glaring contradiction to her "don't interfere with humanity in Jugdral" warning she gives Forseti though. Medeus is okay and Loptyr has potential. Grima is pitiable as of SoV, but is just "I'M THE FELL DRAGON! RAWR!" in Awakening.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Actually, neither of the known dragon-blooded characters living in Nabata have any trouble surviving in post-Scouring Elibe, so it might just be the environment there.

Still doesn't explain why there is only 1 pure blooded dragon left in Elibe despite Athos giving the impression to me that Arcadia had more in the past. Arcadia could have been handled better i think- more fleshing it out would help. I can't see how however many fled there (we have no idea of the number) could be reduced to 1 1/2 in 1000 years. And Binding in Sophia's paired ending with Roy doesn't say she dies early despite moving to Pherae. By the way, why can't she go full dragon like Ninian? Just chalk it up to not having spent time in Dragon Gateia? At least she has clairvoyance though, that makes Ninian not exceptionally out there (as in a hole in Elibe's lore and magical physics) in that regard.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

Why does Corrin and Kana not count?

Corrin's dragonness is largely forgotten about in Fates's plot, and ends up being more specialness without good execution. I do like Corrin's hybridity from a gameplay perspective though (the DS makes for solid mixed tanking, more so on CQ, even if it limits their offense). The choice is less between magic and physical offense like Robin, and more between the Sword of Yato, and the Shield of Dragon. The choice of making them a Qilin instead of a typical dragon was different, but odd, and non Ananny (a mess in himself) dragons in Fates look normal by prior FE standards.

Male Kana is cute, reminding me of Parry, but they are: tied to the Deeprealms, partly defined by a deep love to their bland avatar parent, and are made out as super dragony, despite being only a Dragon Quarter. It reminds me of Ceodore in FFIV: The After Years, he can awaken his quarter Lunarian blood's potential, but his 1/2 Lunarian father doesn't get such a thing (although Corrin and Cecil aren't ordinary people even so). Female Kana is another dragon loli too, albeit questionably better dressed and not screaming the cuteness card (but you can like them if you think they're cute). Kana is more worthy of counting as a manakete/dragon from a plot perspective, though less from gameplay perspective since ingame, Kana is inferior to Corrin and can't dragontank well with bad defenses.

In terms of dragon integration into FE's worlds/plots I'd say: Tellius >= Jugdral & Archanea > Elibe > Fates > Awakening > SoV > Magvel.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I am in desperate need of Hinatas.  That sole Hinata is getting pretty lonely.  My SCamilla needs to upgrade to Fury 3.

Thankfully going into Colorless Hell has resupplied me with plenty of Setsunas, but I only got one Klein.

Hinatas have become an endangered species.

That said the max I pulled was two :/

Also Chromdelia would be a great S support! Too bad I couldn't pull Bridelia...

I'm sure someone would have done Marth x Caeda though. Maybe Hector x Lyn. Not sure about Charlotte (Benny's the best fit for her personality wise but he ain't in the game)

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Not sure about Charlotte (Benny's the best fit for her personality wise but he ain't in the game)

Nah she's looking for someone noble and rich.

maybe niles if she persuades him to retake his life as a thief/outlaw

57 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Also Chromdelia would be a great S support! Too bad I couldn't pull Bridelia...

I'm sure someone would have done Marth x Caeda though. Maybe Hector x Lyn. Not sure about Charlotte (Benny's the best fit for her personality wise but he ain't in the game)

I pulled one pre SI so he got sent home. I need Fury really bad.

1 minute ago, KongDude said:

I pulled one pre SI so he got sent home. I need Fury really bad.

I'm just forced to use Bartres in the meantime.

@Quintessence Actually who would be the richest FE character. I mean I guess Xander in her own game since he's next in line to be king?

Bride Charlotte S support with Summer Xander

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

Nah she's looking for someone noble and rich.

maybe niles if she persuades him to retake his life as a thief/outlaw

Everyone knows Charlotte belongs with Xander. How much richer and more noble can one get than the King of Nohr? Plus it gives Xander just what he needs to sweep through CQ Lunatic as much as he can by himself.

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Actually who would be the richest FE character. I mean I guess Xander in her own game since he's next in line to be king?

Then again, Hoshido is a land of plenty compared to Nohr, so maybe she'd want Ryoma instead. Or how about Alm ruler of the One Kingdom? Marth rules all of Archanea pretty much by the end of Mystery. Seliph can have most of Jugdral under his thumb if Subs exist. One of these i think is best.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Anna

Charlotte would have to retool her ways for lesbianism (she'd do it no doubt), unless she seduced a Jake who could reach into an Anna's purse without her noticing he was cheating on her.

17 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

That would be the same number of Hinatas (one 3*, one 4*) that I got from my latest pull alone. Seriously, the guy always has a way of showing up for me when I start to get low on spares of him. Makes me wish I could donate some to you, Rezzy or anyone else who has problems getting Hinata to show up at all.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Charlotte would have to retool her ways for lesbianism (she'd do it no doubt), unless she seduced a Jake who could reach into an Anna's purse without her noticing he was cheating on her.

The likelyhood of that happening is slim to none. Anna would never be caught unawares as to lose her golden shinies.

On a different note, messing with a new arena team since I do not have a Gunter trained up for the current season. Inigo got crystal'd up to be the bonus/reinhardt counter, M!Robin for CYLyn counter, Nephenee for awesomeness and Cain for even more awesomeness. It helps that Neph can tank an axe to face when needed.

17 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I wouldn't be surprised if there were more than a few Eliwood x Ninian pairs running around.

I'm a terrible person, and went with Alm x Mae. :P:

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I don't need Fury for as many units, but I still need it. My Nowi insanely needs Fury to make up for her -atk nature. As for the other unit which is my Julia, I'm debating whether going Fury or TA.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nothing wrong with that. Since I heard Celica say perfection bores her and she ran away with her little Mr. Imperfect Tobin.

Celica's fooling around with Marth, offscreen.

Or at least that's what I tell myself, since I somehow have neither.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Celica's fooling around with Marth, offscreen.

Or at least that's what I tell myself, since I somehow have neither.

The Supports you support but can't build yourself are always the worst ones.

Alm's pining for his Faye, unless I decide to put Clair with him instead of Gray.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

The Supports you support but can't build yourself are always the worst ones.

Alm's pining for his Faye, unless I decide to put Clair with him instead of Gray.

Who's Faye?  Oh wait, it doesn't matter, because she's going to be donated unless her boon is amazing.  Not 'cause I hate her, but because I pulled a better Firesweep option.