Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just now, mcsilas said:

Unless they split the banners into Side A and Side B.

Maybe they'll have Young Tiki vs Adult Tiki in round 1, so they will be separated banner wise

I thought the banners were normally separated by sides (like the CYL and Summer gauntlets), but I just checked, and at least the Wyvern Riders vs. Pegasus Knights gauntlet was done the way you suggested, so that could definitely happen. I wonder if they would go for Manaketes vs. Manaketes starting out, or go with Manaketes vs. Falchions right from round 1; both would have their merits.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

58 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

RIP. No calendar. All hope is gone. No BHB. No GHB. 'Tis a sad day indeed. 

Dragon blood is interesting. That could mean a number of things. I'm kind of expecting manaketes and maybe the Corrins though. That'd give us Nowi, Ninian, F. Corrin, Fae, A. Tiki, Y. Tiki, M. Corrin....Summer Corrin? Sophia? Roy?

Does Sophia have dragon blood?

@Sunwoo mentioned someone else in the other thread that might work from Tellius:

Spoiler

Soren maybe?

7 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Does Sophia have dragon blood?

@Sunwoo mentioned someone else in the other thread that might work from Tellius:

Hide contents

Soren maybe?

Oh gods, that'll be fun to explain to Mary...

(Quick explanation, Mary is one of my friends on AWBW who plays this game. She hasn't played many mainline titles, including the Tellius set, and doesn't like spoilers- so it kinda sucks when Heroes blurts them out.)

Just now, phineas81707 said:

Oh gods, that'll be fun to explain to Mary...

(Quick explanation, Mary is one of my friends on AWBW who plays this game. She hasn't played many mainline titles, including the Tellius set, and doesn't like spoilers- so it kinda sucks when Heroes blurts them out.)

I've never played the older games (also Tellius games are hard to get, too), so it's hard for me to avoid older games spoilers like this or Genealogy-related stuff when people casually joke about it

As for that specific person, I watched a let's play of PoR/RD but they never used Soren so I didn't know that fact as well until someone pointed it out. 

But yeah Heroes is pretty bad at spoilers, too. I mean Lucina spoils herself in her summon sequence. I think Sonya's lineage is also stated in her description (but I chose Deen mistakenly while playing Echoes so I didn't know this and was 'spoiled' by Heroes in this case)

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I've never played the older games (also Tellius games are hard to get, too), so it's hard for me to avoid older games spoilers like this or Genealogy-related stuff when people casually joke about it

As for that specific person, I watched a let's play of PoR/RD but they never used Soren so I didn't know that fact as well until someone pointed it out. 

But yeah Heroes is pretty bad at spoilers, too. I mean Lucina spoils herself in her summon sequence. I think Sonya's lineage is also stated in her description (but I chose Deen mistakenly while playing Echoes so I didn't know this and was 'spoiled' by Heroes in this case)

Spoiler

Of course, there's also the half of it that states 'this is a spoiler'. But I imagine this one would be a dramatic case, because why Soren is listed amongst these characters unless you fulfilled a ridiculous amount of criteria that involves a second playthrough. At least people who know that he's Branded (and what that means, because I'm not sure Heroes explains it) can guess.

...Also, are we meant to be tagging this still?

5 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I think Sonya's lineage is also stated in her description (but I chose Deen mistakenly while playing Echoes so I didn't know this and was 'spoiled' by Heroes in this case)

Yup, it sure does since it includes this bit:

"Vowed vengeance upon her father, Jedah."

@Tybrosion I mean I guess it finally made me connect the dots when the witches kept mentioning her in Echoes, even though I technically killed Sonya in my first playthrough. Wow Deen sure is a lot less important including denying Genny's only support.

Speaking of lineages, I wonder if we'll someday somehow get a Hero King lineage themed VG/banner. It could have Marth himself, Chrom, Lucina, Lissa, and Odin!

Maybe make Masked Marth part of it for more merge potential

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

Do people really play a game like Heroes and not expect spoilers? I mean, I can understand us not spoiling it in this forum, but the characters aren't going to censor themselves in the game...

...Well, Soren outing himself as a Branded outside of his 5* 40 is probably not expected. And the Black Knight has the decency to not bring up his master or said master's plans.

As much as we rag on them, the Modern characters being walking cardboard cutouts means all their lines can go to that, and not to discussing plot developments.

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

That's why it's tricky. Changing the weapon types would be the better answer. As in "the weapon changed shape to better fit its user's prefered fighting style" while axe Siegfried would be a reference to Garon. 

If we go with Heirs of Fate "canon", Falcon Knight with a lance. 

Losing DC is ok if you can make up for it. The only real advantage Distant Counter have is to make you not need a ranged unit or a dancer, Green is really the only color atm that get a huge benefit from Distant Counter with no downside whatsoever and thats because Tana and Cordelia is a 1 Hit Trash.

I mean if you take Valter and give him Distant counter you literally get Camus. There is enough design space right now that makes Distant Counter not needed.

6 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

...Well, Soren outing himself as a Branded outside of his 5* 40 is probably not expected. And the Black Knight has the decency to not bring up his master or said master's plans.

As much as we rag on them, the Modern characters being walking cardboard cutouts means all their lines can go to that, and not to discussing plot developments.

Soren being Branded is a huge part of his character, though. I'd've been more surprised if it wasn't mentioned somewhere along the line. At least, to me since it's a huge thing to him... (Also, I'm pretty sure he mentions being Branded in a normal castle conversation, too... Besides, people throw around things like Sigurd dying willy-nilly... wouldn't that be an even bigger spoiler? How old do these games have to be?)

BK has no real need to spoil his plot - he doesn't even need to spoil who Gawain is. He was secretive about who he was and who he worked for until the end of RD, so I would've been more surprised if he blurted that out.

Edited by Cute Chao

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

Soren being Branded is a huge part of his character, though. I'd've been more surprised if it wasn't mentioned somewhere along the line. At least, to me since it's a huge thing to him...

BK has no real need to spoil his plot - he doesn't even need to spoil who Gawain is. He was secretive about who he was and who he worked for until the end of RD, so I would've been more surprised if he blurted that out.

Soren literally waited until A-Rank with his best/only friend to tell him- the fact the Branded line is a generic Castle quote and not his 5* 40 is what surprises me.

At the very least, the Black Knight, when combined with Ike, does offer potential spoilers regarding Gawain- but it requires both units and remembering to piece together their plot. (Also, there's the whole thing about Gawain casting aside his skill).

I guess minor spoilers are fine, as long as it's not too major to the plot or anything. I like being surprised.

But I guess it's because I'm a newer FE fan and to me  Heroes is the bridging game that allows me to have a look at what characters other FE had. It makes me appreciate getting a taste of what the older games have had to offer but I wouldn't want to get big plot twists spoiled. (I keep hearing something about FE4 but I have yet to find a good let's play of it to follow, so that I don't have to worry about spoilers anymore. I could gather bits and pieces from people's jokes but I just want to experience it properly I guess?)

I guess minor spoilers are fine, as long as it's not too major to the plot or anything. I like being surprised.

But I guess it's because I'm a newer FE fan and to me  Heroes is the bridging game that allows me to have a look at what characters other FE had. It makes me appreciate getting a taste of what the older games have had to offer but I wouldn't want to get big plot twists spoiled. (I keep hearing something about FE4 but I have yet to find a good let's play of it to follow, so that I don't have to worry about spoilers anymore. I could gather bits and pieces from people's jokes but I just want to experience it properly I guess?)

I used this one. It's a text LP, but I honestly prefer that format- not sure about you, though.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

I used this one. It's a text LP, but I honestly prefer that format- not sure about you, though.

Ah thanks, although I prefer video to listen to while I work on things/multi-task. :)

Also I like listening to the actual FE music. It makes the experience.

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Soren literally waited until A-Rank with his best/only friend to tell him- the fact the Branded line is a generic Castle quote and not his 5* 40 is what surprises me.

At the very least, the Black Knight, when combined with Ike, does offer potential spoilers regarding Gawain- but it requires both units and remembering to piece together their plot. (Also, there's the whole thing about Gawain casting aside his skill).

Ahhh, sorry, I misread what you put >.<

That's fair enough, but regardless of where it was, it is still a spoiler that occurs that I would expect. I think you're correct that it would be better as a 5* quote, there, though.

10 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Losing DC is ok if you can make up for it. The only real advantage Distant Counter have is to make you not need a ranged unit or a dancer, Green is really the only color atm that get a huge benefit from Distant Counter with no downside whatsoever and thats because Tana and Cordelia is a 1 Hit Trash.

I mean if you take Valter and give him Distant counter you literally get Camus. There is enough design space right now that makes Distant Counter not needed.

That's why I thought up of a Brave effect for Shiro's Raijinto (basically becoming infantry Elincia) and Distant Defense 2 for Siegbert's Siegfried. The abilities also match well with their personalities. 

@ gauntlet: It wouldn't surprise me if it's a Hoshido royals VS Nohr royals due to their whole dragon vein thing. I hope it's actually with other such as Tiki or Nowi. 

Ah thanks, although I prefer video to listen to while I work on things/multi-task. :)

Also I like listening to the actual FE music. It makes the experience.

Fair enough, but from here, I can't really help. Don't know what to look for.

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Ahhh, sorry, I misread what you put >.<

That's fair enough, but regardless of where it was, it is still a spoiler that occurs that I would expect. I think you're correct that it would be better as a 5* quote, there, though.

It doesn't help that his 5* 40 is... a riff on his Mission Report feature from PoR?

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Fair enough, but from here, I can't really help. Don't know what to look for.

That's okay, I can look for some. I should probably watch and finish it soon so I can get a better feel of the Genealogy banner that's rumoured to come soon.

When PoR banner finally came, it was actually as soon as I finished watching a Let's Play of PoR! Which made me hunt for Ike so bad but lost so many orbs in the process.

......Maybe it's better for my orbs if I don't establish a connection to the characters haha

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

That's okay, I can look for some. I should probably watch and finish it soon so I can get a better feel of the Genealogy banner that's rumoured to come soon.

When PoR banner finally came, it was actually as soon as I finished watching a Let's Play of PoR! Which made me hunt for Ike so bad but lost so many orbs in the process.

......Maybe it's better for my orbs if I don't establish a connection to the characters haha

Hey, it helps me avoid the seasonal banners.

That would be sensible... I lose so many orbs because I know all the characters and have many, many likes.

That being said, it's harder to get attached to some of the older characters because of a lack of support convos, etc, so you'd only grow attached to those with story relevance, at least ^.^

Just now, Cute Chao said:

That would be sensible... I lose so many orbs because I know all the characters and have many, many likes.

That being said, it's harder to get attached to some of the older characters because of a lack of support convos, etc, so you'd only grow attached to those with story relevance, at least ^.^

I think with some older characters, I get more attached after seeing their upgraded designs,  their dialogue and voices in Heroes. For example, I love Cain's personality and his 'Gored by the Horns!' line and not just his Wings of Mercy

Although some added quirks like Titania's focus on age don't really add much

I think with some older characters, I get more attached after seeing their upgraded designs,  their dialogue and voices in Heroes. For example, I love Cain's personality and his 'Gored by the Horns!' line and not just his Wings of Mercy

"How old do you think I am, Boyd?"

*Gets zapped into another dimension*

6 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Yeah, I don't like Titania's focus on age. Maybe I missed something, but I don't recall that being a heavy focus for her in game (it's been a while so I could be wrong). I don't really like that Eirika, especially, seems to have been boiled down to being Ephraim's sister, either.

Cain is awesome. He and Luke are so much fun to play. I like how they counter the much calmer Abel and the much more worrisome Roderick.