Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I've been liking it, but I'm somewhat worried about it technically working- crashing and stuttering are looming threats.

I'd probably still jump on a VC release if I can.

Hmm, Dolphin has never crashed on me while playing. I mean, it’s not impossible, it’s just that I haven’t encountered crashes and other issues.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Hmm, Dolphin has never crashed on me while playing. I mean, it’s not impossible, it’s just that I haven’t encountered crashes and other issues.

I'm not using Dolphin (my computer's too slow). I'm not using up-to-date information, but I think the alternative might not be optimised for PoR.

Again, VC release would be lovely.

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I'm not using Dolphin (my computer's too slow). I'm not using up-to-date information, but I think the alternative might not be optimised for PoR.

Again, VC release would be lovely.

Hilarioisly enough, Dolphin even runs on my phone. Well, not literally runs, but rather crawls, but it does work.

I’m always up for rereleases of any kind.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Hilarioisly enough, Dolphin even runs on my phone. Well, not literally runs, but rather crawls, but it does work.

I’m always up for rereleases of any kind.

Well, I think the crawling does describe my PoR experience on PC. The music and sound effects were just at the same pace.

...This reminds me I wrote a joking news article about the launch of PoR VC on Switch.

55 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

In Heroes, you mean? I want him to come because he’ll have Thoron+, completing the trinity of generic tomes. Also, he’s called Arlen now as of the CYL poll.

Whoops, yup meant Heroes xD

I'm still waiting for him to be official before I mentally adjust. After all, Navarre was Nabarl, Caeda was Shiida and Lachesis was Raquesis, so I don't want to have to relearn yet again ^.^

I'm taking Heroes as the official one for me, despite my SD having different names for Navarre and Shiida. Just makes it easier.

4 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I'm taking Heroes as the official one for me, despite my SD having different names for Navarre and Shiida. Just makes it easier.

I guess I’m quick to readjust: I first played Genealogy with the Project Naga patch, and there still was Raquesis. I was fine with calling her Raquesis. The CYL poll with Lachesis came later, and I’m fine with calling her Lachesis.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

I guess I’m quick to readjust: I first played Genealogy with the Project Naga patch, and there still was Raquesis. I was fine with calling her Raquesis. The CYL poll with Lachesis came later, and I’m fine with calling her Lachesis.

Takes me a while, since I have to rename all my fanart and update fanfiction. Since I cbb to do that until I know for certain, I wait until it's official. So, until then, the name that my fanart uses is the name I use for the character :)

So, something I've been trying to figure out is a team of fliers who are similar to the Whitewings only not. Right now, I've actually got most fliers (the biggest gaps being the magic fliers and Minerva), so I'm trying to figure out which ones are the most fitting characters for my Not Quitewings.

Not Minerva:

Michalis (Definitely makes the most sense, is 5*, has got a lot of options and has Goad Fliers learned too), Cherche (Has a lot of potential if I were to promote her, her wyvern's named after Minerva for crying out loud)

Not Palla:

Not Catria:

Caeda (Irony is the only reason I'd suggest her here), Clair (Considering she's Valentia's Catria, it makes sense), Cordelia (While she'd fit character wise, I'll need a better one before raising her.), 

Not Est:

Caeda (Hear me out: she quite easily gets the guy over someone else and her stats match pretty well), Shanna (Another younger sister, and she's not too bad a choice either),

Not sure who:

Elincia (I know nothing about her as I haven't played Tellius, but she'll be a great unit and I've already made her a +1), Camilla (the least prepared of my axes arguably, but if people thinks she could fit in I'll just mention her), Narcian (Unlikely too, but I think I'll mention all of them in case), Beruka (Don't think I even have a 4*, low priority), Subaki (Mr Insufferable does have some things going for him, like his good spread (though +Att would be better) and great red coverage), Valter (I don't know if he'd fit an archetype, but I think he's worth mentioning since he's up there for a 5* promotion), Hinoka (-Att, but she has Hone Fliers, so that's fine and I've been fixing her up a bit, especially with all the Goad Fliers I've been passing around), Florina (Underlevelled, low tier and . She's +Att though, might be worth bringing up.)

It's odd that the BHB hasn't started yet, but we can expect it to start before the 1.8 update, which in turn will have to be before the newly announced Voting Gauntlet starts. So it shouldn't be too far off.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

So, something I've been trying to figure out is a team of fliers who are similar to the Whitewings only not. Right now, I've actually got most fliers (the biggest gaps being the magic fliers and Minerva), so I'm trying to figure out which ones are the most fitting characters for my Not Quitewings.

Not Minerva:

Michalis (Definitely makes the most sense, is 5*, has got a lot of options and has Goad Fliers learned too), Cherche (Has a lot of potential if I were to promote her, her wyvern's named after Minerva for crying out loud)

Not Palla:

Not Catria:

Caeda (Irony is the only reason I'd suggest her here), Clair (Considering she's Valentia's Catria, it makes sense), Cordelia (While she'd fit character wise, I'll need a better one before raising her.), 

Not Est:

Caeda (Hear me out: she quite easily gets the guy over someone else and her stats match pretty well), Shanna (Another younger sister, and she's not too bad a choice either),

Not sure who:

Elincia (I know nothing about her as I haven't played Tellius, but she'll be a great unit and I've already made her a +1), Camilla (the least prepared of my axes arguably, but if people thinks she could fit in I'll just mention her), Narcian (Unlikely too, but I think I'll mention all of them in case), Beruka (Don't think I even have a 4*, low priority), Subaki (Mr Insufferable does have some things going for him, like his good spread (though +Att would be better) and great red coverage), Valter (I don't know if he'd fit an archetype, but I think he's worth mentioning since he's up there for a 5* promotion), Hinoka (-Att, but she has Hone Fliers, so that's fine and I've been fixing her up a bit, especially with all the Goad Fliers I've been passing around), Florina (Underlevelled, low tier and . She's +Att though, might be worth bringing up.)

Not MInerva is Michalis

Not Est can be Shanna

Not Palla, you can use Hinoka since she's technically a big sis as well

Not Catria, Clair. Honestly i don't think Cordelia actually fit character wise as Catria. Catria's defining characteristic since Archanea is being unremarkable, thats about as far away as you can get from Cordelia

I put about 120 orbs into Performing Arts in hopes of getting another dancer. No luck with that, but I did get a 4* Titania. I'd been hoping to get her as another green cavalry, so she'll be my next 5* upgrade.

I also got a duplicate Hector. This one is +Atk, -Spd, apparently one of his best natures, while my original one is +Spd, -Atk. I could merge my old Hector into the new one, or I could use the new one as Distant Counter fodder. Distant Counter is a rare skill, but it's not really one I've been looking to inherit... hrm.

One point in favor of merging is that Hector is one of my highest-point characters, although BK has recently taken the top spot from him via Black Luna. So it could certainly increase my Arena Assault score, although it might not do much for regular arena.

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

I put about 120 orbs into Performing Arts in hopes of getting another dancer. No luck with that, but I did get a 4* Titania. I'd been hoping to get her as another green cavalry, so she'll be my next 5* upgrade.

I also got a duplicate Hector. This one is +Atk, -Spd, apparently one of his best natures, while my original one is +Spd, -Atk. I could merge my old Hector into the new one, or I could use the new one as Distant Counter fodder. Distant Counter is a rare skill, but it's not really one I've been looking to inherit... hrm.

One point in favor of merging is that Hector is one of my highest-point characters, although BK has recently taken the top spot from him via Black Luna. So it could certainly increase my Arena Assault score, although it might not do much for regular arena.

Fittingly enough, giving Titania Distant Counter would make her a great blue mage counter with her Res. She's the most common unit I see recommended with Distant Counter outside of armor units. Otherwise, I like to merge units if I like them, unless they have rare/expensive skills that could benefit another unit I like.

14 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Fittingly enough, giving Titania Distant Counter would make her a great blue mage counter with her Res. She's the most common unit I see recommended with Distant Counter outside of armor units. Otherwise, I like to merge units if I like them, unless they have rare/expensive skills that could benefit another unit I like.

The funny thing about the whole Titania DC trend is the fact that Emerald Axe+ QR3 Hector would does the exact same thing from role perspective, with 20 higher BST costing 40k feather instead of costing a Hector foddering

Corrin, Novice Vacationer attacks. Triangle disadvantage reduces attack by 20%. Opponent reduces attack by another 20% [Emerald Axe+]. 28 damage dealt.
Hector, General of Ostia HP: 52 → 24

Hector, General of Ostia counter-attacks, ignoring distance [distant-counter]. Triangle advantage boosts attack by 20%. Attack is boosted by another 20% [Emerald Axe+]. 39 damage dealt.
Corrin, Novice Vacationer HP: 34 → 0

Hector also have 47 HP worth of Panic Ploy thanks to PP Seals. Compared to Sheena, with 40 HP Panic Ploy

It feels rather backwards to do that unless you actually like Titania or mobility because strictly speaking for Blue Mage counter in term of combat score Hector shitstomps the hell out of Titania

So yeah

Fuck i just made a new meta shit without realizing

EDIT: Even sadder PP Seal could have made Clive into a legit Top Tier Hero. RIP the dream

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

4 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

The funny thing about the whole Titania DC trend is the fact that Emerald Axe+ QR3 Hector would does the exact same thing from role perspective, with 20 higher BST costing 40k feather instead of costing a Hector foddering

Corrin, Novice Vacationer attacks. Triangle disadvantage reduces attack by 20%. Opponent reduces attack by another 20% [Emerald Axe+]. 28 damage dealt.

Hector, General of Ostia counter-attacks, ignoring distance [distant-counter]. Triangle advantage boosts attack by 20%. Attack is boosted by another 20% [Emerald Axe+]. 39 damage dealt.

Hector also have 47 HP worth of Panic Ploy thanks to PP Seals. Compared to Sheena, with 40 HP Panic Ploy

It feels rather backwards to do that unless you actually like Titania or mobility because strictly speaking for Blue Mage counter in term of combat score Hector shitstomps the hell out of Titania

So yeah

Fuck i just made a new meta shit without realizing

Counter-argument: I have zero Hectors, so I can do neither.

Can either of the blue armors work similarly as a red mage counter? I don't remember their stats as well as some other armors'.

4 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

That sounds fun, but I have enough answers to blue mages that I don't think I need it. Especially TA-Raven Cecilia.

Funny enough, Titania will be my fourth 5* unit with TA, and they're still all green. The other two are Frederick and Performer Azura, so that'll still include all three of my green cavalry. (Fred only has TA2 so far, though.)

I guess this Hector has three ways of enhancing my armor team, since Goad Armor is pretty sweet and he's the only source of that as well. I wouldn't want to sacrifice him just for that, but it's possible to inherit both it and Distant Counter pretty easily. Still, I'm leaning towards merging. Distant Counter Goad Armor Effie would be nice, but she already has perfectly good A and C skills, and Hector could really benefit from the +7 Atk.

13 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Counter-argument: I have zero Hectors, so I can do neither.

Can either of the blue armors work similarly as a red mage counter? I don't remember their stats as well as some other armors'.

The problem with Blue Armor doing it is that the main reason the build is created was to check Reinhardt. Blue is the worst DC color for various reason.

But Effie arguably have the best statsline for the build due to 40 Base ATK, and a solid 45 HP Panic Ploy. Gwendolyn have 5 higher Res 5 higher Def and 10 less ATK but her PP marks is also close at 44

At the end of the day the god damn build runs TA, practically anything can run TA and get results.

Also while he's DEFINITELY not going to be green, Dark Emperor Hardin would straight up own this shit, assuming everything goes right

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

39 minutes ago, Othin said:

It was one of my best decisions lately to promote +RES Titania and to fodder her my only spare Hector. Her being a TT bonus unit is also very cool, but her main role is to counter non-red mages in AA and other maps like GHB, story etc. 

As long as I am able to enter tier 20 from time to time, I don't merge such valuable SI fodder like Hector. Who wants to try a deathless 7 streak just with armors anyway? 

Two days ago I pulled another Hector (trying to get a non -ATK PA dancer) and I'm thinking to give Eliwood DC. Mine is +ATK -HP. If I want him to keep his sword, then he would need a +RES nature perhaps. 

19 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

[...]

Titania also counters many green mages and healers because of her high RES. 

19 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

What Titania does better is the fact the fact that her high Res means she can survive multiple rounds of combat against blue mages, specifically Reinhardt (opponents with multiple Reinhardts are a thing). Titania also doesn't need to spend her B slot on Quick Riposte because she's fast enough to double attack Reinhardt, who is easily the most threatening blue mage in the game.

In fact, +10 Reinhardt [+Atk, =Spd] (Dire Thunder, Death Blow 3) +6/6/0/0 deals exactly zero damage to +0 Titania [=Spd, =Res] (Emerald Axe+, Distant Counter, Guard 3) +6/6/6/6 and cannot even activate Moonbow due to Guard.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

What Titania does better is the fact the fact that her high Res means she can survive multiple rounds of combat against blue mages, specifically Reinhardt (opponents with multiple Reinhardts are a thing). Titania also doesn't need to spend her B slot on Quick Riposte because she's fast enough to double attack Reinhardt, who is easily the most threatening blue mage in the game.

In fact, +10 Reinhardt [+Atk, =Spd] (Dire Thunder, Death Blow 3) +6/6/0/0 deals exactly zero damage to +0 Titania [=Spd, =Res] (Emerald Axe+, Distant Counter, Guard 3) +6/6/6/6 and cannot even activate Moonbow due to Guard.

But Titania did not have 47 Hp panic Ploy :(

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

The problem with Blue Armor doing it is that the main reason the build is created was to check Reinhardt. Blue is the worst DC color for various reason.

But Effie arguably have the best statsline for the build due to 40 Base ATK, and a solid 45 HP Panic Ploy.

At the end of the day the god damn build runs Distant Counter, practically anything can run DC and get results.

Also while he's DEFINITELY not going to be green, Dark Emperor Hardin would straight up own this shit, assuming everything goes right

Yeah, I was just curious if either one had the stats for it. Although I'm sure someone out there has made a 5-star Gwendolyn with Distant Counter anyway; if not, I might just for fun once I've finished upgrading all of my actually useful units.

As much as I do like Hardin, I kinda hope we get Mercurius at all before giving Gradivus to more units. Although they could add Astram through a banner and Hardin through a GHB at the same time, which would be a perfectly fine compromise.

3 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

But Titania did not have 47 Hp panic Ploy :(

Put it on a teammate.

Xander hits almost everything that matters with his 43 HP. Spring Camilla, Celica, and Tharja (39 HP) are the only relevant neutral unmerged ranged characters he misses with Panic Ploy 1, and the next closest are either named Reinhardt (38 HP), who Titania doesn't care about, or have 35 neutral unmerged HP or lower.

12 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

..Well, Soren outing himself as a Branded outside of his 5* 40 is probably not expected. And the Black Knight has the decency to not bring up his master or said master's plans.

Heroes is as someone else put it, a game about philandering characters. Expect the best, or worse, exaggerated to the heights of Valla.

12 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Sophia is half-dragon.

And Ninian is too. Yet one dies in Elibe just existing, and the other has no issues living there and has presumably a long life. You don't look bad Ninian, but gosh you're awful as a plot device, a character, and a contradiction in understanding Elibe.

Why is it that Fae was the only pure dragon alive in Elibe anyway? I find it hard to take dragonkind in FE seriously when it's mostly silly little girls we see so prominently- if that is what dragon civilization was like at its peak in Archanea, thank Naga it died off! Please drop the dragon loli archetype IS! I loved Goldoa, and Xane, and Nils, and Gotoh, Bantu and Yuan are okay too, and Nagi/Naga are great, and Tiki by herself wasn't bad, just stop the archetype and give us good playable dragon variety. And Corrin and Kana don't count.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Heroes is as someone else put it, a game about philandering characters. Expect the best, or worse, exaggerated to the heights of Valla.

And Ninian is too. Yet one dies in Elibe just existing, and the other has no issues living there and has presumably a long life. You don't look bad Ninian, but gosh you're awful as a plot device, a character, and a contradiction in understanding Elibe.

Why is it that Fae was the only pure dragon alive in Elibe anyway? I find it hard to take dragonkind in FE seriously when it's mostly silly little girls we see so prominently- if that is what dragon civilization was like at its peak in Archanea, thank Naga it died off! Please drop the dragon loli archetype IS! I loved Goldoa, and Xane, and Nils, and Gotoh, Bantu and Yuan are okay too, and Nagi/Naga are great, and Tiki by herself wasn't bad, just stop the archetype and give us good playable dragon variety. And Corrin and Kana don't count.

Why does Corrin and Kana not count?