Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

34 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

(I keep hearing something about FE4 but I have yet to find a good let's play of it to follow, so that I don't have to worry about spoilers anymore. I could gather bits and pieces from people's jokes but I just want to experience it properly I guess?

Genealogy is a very good game. Many don’t like its gameplay (long maps, dubious balancing of weapons, inventory management), but it definitely is worth it to play. I played it after reading an LP on LP Archive, and I liked it very much.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

20 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Yeah, I don't like Titania's focus on age. Maybe I missed something, but I don't recall that being a heavy focus for her in game (it's been a while so I could be wrong). I don't really like that Eirika, especially, seems to have been boiled down to being Ephraim's sister, either.

Cain is awesome. He and Luke are so much fun to play. I like how they counter the much calmer Abel and the much more worrisome Roderick.

Is Roderick worrisome? I mean I get he is calmer than Luke but from what I hear from him in his 4 star self, he's kind of just...a calm person I guess. Maybe I should use him more.

I really want Kieran to come already (or Kaze) just so we can have a Christmas knight/pair VG already. 

@Vaximillian I'd be down to play it if I had time, which unfortunately I sorely have a lack of :/ (I mean, I'm still a long way away from finishing Persona 5 and I want to finish that first. Too bad it ain't a portable game)

24 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Is Roderick worrisome? I mean I get he is calmer than Luke but from what I hear from him in his 4 star self, he's kind of just...a calm person I guess. Maybe I should use him more.

I really want Kieran to come already (or Kaze) just so we can have a Christmas knight/pair VG already. 

I wasn't sure how to describe it. He really, desperately wants to be a good knight, but he is worried he's not good enough (although seems to be aware it's 'cos he's still new). He's calm and pretty reliable, but that seems to be a big point for him in Heroes. I can't remember enough of him from FE12 to see how it tallies... despite using him xD

But yup, he's only worrisome for that one point, not in general, if that makes sense ^.^

I think there still wasn't enough supports in FE12 -.-

And never mind Kaze and Kieran (though I am still really irked that he didn't come in on the last banner and I do want both)... I want Kent and Sain! :D

Edited by Cute Chao

27 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Vaximillian I'd be down to play it if I had time, which unfortunately I sorely have a lack of :/ (I mean, I'm still a long way away from finishing Persona 5 and I want to finish that first. Too bad it ain't a portable game)

Roderick is literally a wife in FE12 and im not even joking

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Roderick is literally a wife in FE12 and im not even joking

Really? Man, I need to replay this game. Is it in his supports or the story that that comes across. I want to reread and remember :D

I've too many other games currently to replay it right now -.- I still wish it came out in English. Way easier to get the DS out for a bit than an emulator :(

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Really? Man, I need to replay this game. Is it in his supports or the story that that comes across. I want to reread and remember :D

I've too many other games currently to replay it right now -.- I still wish it came out in English. Way easier to get the DS out for a bit than an emulator :(

Its actually a joke because his Cecille support is progressive as fuck

His personality in story(as in the prologue) is basically standard stoic cavalier 101. Its not until you read his supports that he basically become the big sister of Sixth Platoon

8 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Its actually a joke because his Cecille support is progressive as fuck

His personality in story(as in the prologue) is basically standard stoic cavalier 101. Its not until you read his supports that he basically become the big sister of Sixth Platoon

Ahhh, makes sense :D I need to go reread those (not sure I've seen his Cecil one).

Just found them under base convos on SF. Never noticed they were there before. I was always looking for a section called supports xD

...Are those all of the conversations from the game? So many sections seem to be just one conversation. Is that correct? :/ Cecil's and Roderick's is there, at least :)

Edited by Cute Chao

17 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Ahhh, makes sense :D I need to go reread those (not sure I've seen his Cecil one).

Just found them under base convos on SF. Never noticed they were there before. I was always looking for a section called supports xD

...Are those all of the conversations from the game? So many sections seem to be just one conversation. Is that correct? :/ Cecil's and Roderick's is there, at least :)

SF had all convo in the game yeah

Also do play that game. Not only its fantastic, once you know the insides out of FE12, you will quickly realize its basically FE Heroes

6 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Also do play that game. Not only its fantastic, once you know the insides out of FE12, you will quickly realize its basically FE Heroes

I played it a while back until I got stuck on the wyvern map. Struggled to get past that one and meant to try again ^.^''

10 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

IT MISSED CERTAIN SUPPORTS

LIKE ABEL AND CAIN

AND CATRIA AND WARREN

She could recruit Warren but never talk to him after?!?!!?!!?!?!!?

18 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I played it a while back until I got stuck on the wyvern map. Struggled to get past that one and meant to try again ^.^''

Which wyvern map? The Anri's Way is actually pretty easy since you can spam Archers. FE12 Archers is the second strongest in the series

15 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

IT MISSED CERTAIN SUPPORTS

LIKE ABEL AND CAIN

AND CATRIA AND WARREN

She could recruit Warren but never talk to him after?!?!!?!!?!?!!?

Does Abel and Cain support even exists lol. And i'm pretty sure Catria Warren dun exist

6 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Which wyvern map? The Anri's Way is actually pretty easy since you can spam Archers. FE12 Archers is the second strongest in the series

Does Abel and Cain support even exists lol. And i'm pretty sure Catria Warren dun exist

It was the one just after recruiting Elrean / Arlen / Scowly blonde red mage. I think my problem was I wanted to use him and kept failing xD I meant to go back to it... might have lost my save now...

If it doesn't exist, why not? I would love to read a Cain and Abel support >.< They're amongst my favourites - the original duo of my favourite archetypes :D Though I will admit my love for Abel makes my dislike of Est greater. There is bias there -.-

Edited by Cute Chao

3 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

It was the one just after recruiting Elrean /Arlen / Scowly blonde red mage. I think my problem was I wanted to use him and kept failing xD I meant to go back to it... might have lost my save now...

If it doesn't exist, why not? I would love to read a Cain and Abel support >.< They're amongst my favourites - the original duo of my favourite archetypes :D Though I will admit my love for Abel makes my dislike of Est greater. There is bias there -.-

Oh yeah that map you'd be better off dropping Elle, mostly because the movement zone is kinda wonky. You can use him as your curate there, before going back into Mage next chapter. You can start using him next chapter just fine since the movement zone is much more lenient, and feeding him kills should be EZ since Fire Dragons are fairly tanky. Promote him at level 15 and he should be good to go

IDK what mode you are playing though, but trust me, you won't ever have too much Healer in FE12 lol

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’ve never reclassed anyone when I played New Mystery. Then again, I played on Normal.

The only reclass i did is mostly the Horse into Dragon into Horse ones

and Draug

Never forget Draug

My team was Marth, swordmasters F!Chris and Navarre, paladins Luke and Rody, sage Linde, bishop Marisha, hero Ogma, falcos Est and Catria, draco Minerva, and warrior Barst.

In the Endgame I dropped Luke, Navarre, and Est for Sirius, Merric, and Julian to recruit the girls. But otherwise these twelve were my team.

21 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

No Im saying that the game missed those opportunities 

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

My team was Marth, swordmasters F!Chris and Navarre, paladins Luke and Rody, sage Linde, bishop Marisha, hero Ogma, falcos Est and Catria, draco Minerva, and warrior Barst.

In the Endgame I dropped Luke, Navarre, and Est for Sirius, Merric, and Julian to recruit the girls. But otherwise these twelve were my team.

Yeah i also didn't use the suitors and sisters beside Minerva

Although looking back i don't think i have used Chris

6 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

No Im saying that the game missed those opportunities 

The real missed opportunity is the lack of recruitable Hardin

....because fuck after fighting against that 80/30/30/30/30/25 bullshit i deserve a broken unit to point at the enemies

8 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Yeah i also didn't use the suitors and sisters beside Minerva

Although looking back i don't think i have used Chris

The real missed opportunity is the lack of recruitable Hardin

Minerva rules Macedon, but Catria rules the skies. I used Chris because why wouldn’t use the customisable character.

And yet Michalis is recruitable. Mike is awesome and everything, but still.

I actually forget: is the Hauteclere Prf for Minnie, or can Mickey use it too?

Edited by Vaximillian

36 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Oh yeah that map you'd be better off dropping Elle, mostly because the movement zone is kinda wonky. You can use him as your curate there, before going back into Mage next chapter. You can start using him next chapter just fine since the movement zone is much more lenient, and feeding him kills should be EZ since Fire Dragons are fairly tanky. Promote him at level 15 and he should be good to go

IDK what mode you are playing though, but trust me, you won't ever have too much Healer in FE12 lol

I think Normal / Classic, off the top of my head.

I'll give that a shot :) I need to remember which archers I had levelled xD I'll try to find my save at some point :) I did enjoy the game but if I get stuck, I usually go away and come back to it later... and never got around to coming back to it...

I want Elrean in Echoes. I imagine he'd be another grumpy type like Michalis and Berkut, and they are simply the most fun to poke and prod xD

5 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I want Elrean in Echoes. I imagine he'd be another grumpy type like Michalis and Berkut, and they are simply the most fun to poke and prod xD

In Heroes, you mean? I want him to come because he’ll have Thoron+, completing the trinity of generic tomes. Also, he’s called Arlen now as of the CYL poll.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Meanwhile, I got PoR and I think it's working well, so I'm probably not going back to Mystery for a while...

Blueberry Saga Part One is a fun game. I enjoyed playing it. My Mia was ridiculously Str-blessed, and that was pleasing. She capped Str by 20/4!

23 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Blueberry Saga Part One is a fun game. I enjoyed playing it. My Mia was ridiculously Str-blessed, and that was pleasing. She capped Str by 20/4!

I've been liking it, but I'm somewhat worried about it technically working- crashing and stuttering are looming threats.

I'd probably still jump on a VC release if I can.