Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

6 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Felicia will gladly take care of your sadistic needs. Eirika is a nice girl who's not into that stuff.

Maybe Eirika is just suppressing her own sadistic side.

Just now, DefaultBeep said:

Well, as long as she has Ephraim around, I suppose she should be okay. He can always inherit Fortify Def to help protect her against the bullying.

I've never pulled Ephraim. Un?fortunately.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Do you follow the guidelines when sacrificing your units put out by the Society for Humane Summoning? Anything else inflicts cruel pain onto the sacrifice.

Yeah, I do except that one time I sacked a Berkut for Ward CavalryI specifically made sure that miserable wretch suffered.

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Does using her as Hone Spd 3 fodder qualify as treating her nicely? If not, then....um........eh heh... *runs*

As long as you asked her nicely to give sacrifice for a greater cause it's ok. If not....*cracks knuckle*

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I've never pulled Ephraim. Un?fortunately.

Why do you think she works so well with -blade mages? She loves watching the enemy suffer as much pain as possible.

I haven't either, to be fair. It was more of a hypothetical thing. I can always give Fortify Def to... I dunno, Seliph? He could be a substitute brother for her, I guess.

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

He can always inherit Fortify Def to help protect her against the bullying.

Do words count as physical or magical? Actually, I think they count as SoV Breath, they negate all forms of damage reduction. Ephraim can keep her safe from stones and sticks, but not "Hey, Princess Eir-reek-a!"

4 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

...Just how rare is that exactly? Especially if you consider the three days people had to go 'oh, we don't need to summon Ayra, lets go for Sigurd'?

Bear in mind that I'm considering the case where you're summoning for a 'main' unit, where you want to multi-merge a single unit up to par. A sword unit in general already has it tough breaking into the main lineup, much less two swords.

If all you wanted was a single copy Ayra and Sigurd in a single banner does give better odds, marginally, but, at this point, anyone looking to break into a main team probably needs a metric ton of merges due to how heavily invested most 'main' units are. This is why I said the current situation was better, because the people that would pay the most---those that would merge like crazy---would spend far less due to higher odds. And even getting 1 copy of each isn't significantly more expensive because, while a single 4 unit banner would be better in the state where you had neither, once you had one, the 2 banner of 3 units becomes better, odds-wise, due to sniping.

Regarding the 'oh, we don't need to summon Ayra, let's go for Sigurd' people... The point of new banners is that they have units you want to summon. Summoning now always comes with the cost of being unable to summon later. In FGO terms, 'every banner is a bait banner,' unless you're asking IS to deliberately never release banners people want to roll on. Besides, it's not even that long since Holy War was released, anyone who's fine with waiting a few days to check out new banners before dumping all their orbs are completely unaffected.

Besides, 'Ayra is a free unit' is something people decided for themselves. If you arrive at the incorrect conclusion from insufficient information, it's not the world's responsibility to make you correct anyway.

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

And her releasing it is how we got Ayra.  She's too nice to have that kind of thoughts, she only wishes peace for everyone. 

Just now, DefaultBeep said:

Why do you think she works so well with -blade mages? She loves watching the enemy suffer as much pain as possible.

I haven't either, to be fair. It was more of a hypothetical thing. I can always give Fortify Def to... I dunno, Seliph? He could be a substitute brother for her, I guess.

I have Eirika paired up with Blarblade (not +) Bunny Lucina most of the time. Lucina's probably too focused on eggs to care.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Do words count as physical or magical? Actually, I think they count as SoV Breath, they negate all forms of damage reduction. Ephraim can keep her safe from stones and sticks, but not "Hey, Princess Eir-reek-a!"

Ironically, Eirika's name is Japanese is "Eiriiku", so calling her Ei-reek-a wouldn't be entirely inaccurate maybe...

1 minute ago, Alexmender said:

And her releasing it is how we got Ayra.  She's too nice to have that kind of thoughts, she only wishes peace for everyone. 

Ayra is Eirika’s dark and violent alter ego?

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Words are the worst kind of damage, because they don't target the unit's Defense or Resistance.

They target the heart.

:(

So I guess just give Ephraim Rally Heart from Awakening, then. Although he would need to reclass into the Bride class... which is DLC Eirika's class... and also female only... That may be a bit of an awkward solution.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I have Eirika paired up with Blarblade (not +) Bunny Lucina most of the time. Lucina's probably too focused on eggs to care.

Mine is paired up with Tailtiu now. Tailtiu's probably too focused on repressing the memories of abuse and torture from her family to care.

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Bear in mind that I'm considering the case where you're summoning for a 'main' unit, where you want to multi-merge a single unit up to par. A sword unit in general already has it tough breaking into the main lineup, much less two swords.

If all you wanted was a single copy Ayra and Sigurd in a single banner does give better odds, marginally, but, at this point, anyone looking to break into a main team probably needs a metric ton of merges due to how heavily invested most 'main' units are. This is why I said the current situation was better, because the people that would pay the most---those that would merge like crazy---would spend far less due to higher odds. And even getting 1 copy of each isn't significantly more expensive because, while a single 4 unit banner would be better in the state where you had neither, once you had one, the 2 banner of 3 units becomes better, odds-wise, due to sniping.

And what portion of the fanbase is that? The only Arena-based merging I've done is Fae, whose three 5* encounters happened at three very distinct occasions.

5 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Regarding the 'oh, we don't need to summon Ayra, let's go for Sigurd' people... The point of new banners is that they have units you want to summon. Summoning now always comes with the cost of being unable to summon later. In FGO terms, 'every banner is a bait banner,' unless you're asking IS to deliberately never release banners people want to roll on. Besides, it's not even that long since Holy War was released, anyone who's fine with waiting a few days to check out new banners before dumping all their orbs are completely unaffected.

We're asking for IS to not release banners with new units for the two weeks they've normally refrained. People who want to summon the old units are working on a different metric to those who want the new units- and I doubt they're happy about getting a suprise new unit either.

4 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Mine is paired up with Tailtiu now. Tailtiu's probably too focused on repressing the memories of abuse and torture from her family to care.

And y’all just keep rubbing salt in my wounds. I’m getting ever closer to starting hating all of you.

If I had Deirdre or Julia, I would have used her in my tempest team. Otherwise, I’m going Eldigan, Olwen, Arvis, and Soren.

Poor half-dragon guy just can’t get a break.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Ayra is Eirika’s dark and violent alter ego?

You could say that. Ayra would be an Eirika who got fed up of all the teasing @SatsumaFSoysoy gave to her and chose to hide her identity dying her hair to black. While running away she got sucked in one of those outrealm portal things and ended up in Issach with no memories but a lingering feeling of anger. Ignore the Od' bloodline, everyone in Renais has it.

7 hours ago, Kaden said:

I was going to respond to this earlier before the RIP this dream of having Mad Moxxi Ayra, but I wanted to do a tank build with Ayra because she could do it pretty well while packing good player phase and damage output.

Anyway, on the topic of Ayra being summonable, I really am questioning what they were thinking and whenever that question comes up, it's usually bad. Granted, a couple of studios have been hit with stuff like this: Middle-Earth: Shadow of War's lootbox system to get the true ending of the game and something about Activision using social engineering to push players to spend on microtransactions in the upcoming CoD game, so questionable decisions aren't anything new. Also, not limited to games, but other stuff as well like HP is making a super tablet which is weird since if you want that kind of power, you could invest in a laptop or a PC or the whole no headphones thing on phones. Anyway, I digress.

Back to Ayra, I cannot think of a good answer or a reason for "What were they thinking?" Taking into consideration that Sigurd, Ayra, and Arden ranked in the top 100 despite being should be obscure characters since they're from games never released overseas and perhaps the developers making them like Jugdral CYL units, Ayra having a personal weapon, unique special, and boosted stats is fine in my opinion. What is a problem is that the Holy War banner did not feature her as a summonable unit as she appeared in the end as a teaser like Clarisse, Clive, and Legion did and all those characters were freely available. Why feature her if Arden's the one that is free and why wasn't she on the Holy War banner in the first place? Four units on a banner and two of them having boosted BST and unique skills isn't anything new. That's what the BH banner was. This would create a problem where the TT banner could only have two units or they could have not had a TT banner and made two of the Askr trios 20% units. In that case, the Holy War banner would be the TT banner and there's nothing wrong about that. Yes, it would suck for people who couldn't get a 40% bonus unit, but it's not like now there's two banners and one of them one new unit, but two or more old units instead of having one banner be new units and the other be old units.

To me, this is like Kieran not being on the Dauntless Crimean banner, but if he showed up as a summonable unit in another banner with Ike, Mist, Soren, and/or Titania a couple days after it and if he had boosted stats for whatever reason. In Kieran's case, it would be much worse in my opinion since the only axe cavalier we've gotten was Titania, a mage tank, leaving jack of all trades and offensive axe cavaliers as things we don't have. Kieran showing up as Cain or Luke on crack would just make it worse. Something like 42 HP, 34 Atk, 32 Spd, 34 Def, and 17 Res would be just as good as it would be bad.

There is an argument that handing her out isn't right because she's powerful and she's not a BH unit who was more of a unique, event thing. I agree with the latter part, but not the former. Arden, Arvis, the Black Knight, Camus, Legion, masked Marth, Michalis, Ursula, Valter, Xander, Zephiel, and not a GHB or TT unit, but Donnel, Est, and Hana are all good units. None of them have boosted BST other than Donnel and for that matter, Tobin, being villager units, but they're all good nevertheless. In some cases, giving them more stat points might not do much other than making them bulkier like Camus and Xander which would be good, but doesn't change them from being not so great or average units to good units; they're good regardless. Ayra is at their level or above them. In other words, players have been given powerful units since the beginning, so what makes Ayra any different from any of them? If anything, Ayra being summonable makes her even stronger, so why not artificially cap her strengths? Seriously, other than the obvious +Atk and +Spd Ayra, -Atk or -HP with +Spd, +Def, or if you want it, +Res would be even tankier than Selena despite already being as tanky. +Atk, -Spd Ayra is essentially Lucina with more defense because Ayra's Blade evens out her speed so she'd have 36/37 offenses instead of 36/34 offenses to Lucina's 34/36 offenses.

At this point, they can't fix it and by it, I'm referring to Ayra's situation. How could they? The banner's up and she's summonable. Making her a GHB unit in the future or giving a 1* or 2* Ayra to everyone wouldn't do much. All it would do is let everyone have her rather than can have her. Refunds wouldn't make sense since people who want her would be trying to get her however they can.

Mind, part of the reason I'm fine with Ayra being summoned is that I mostly only care for her as a unit. (I have no personal bias for her as a character.)

Because of that, the 'Ayra on a banner' option is superior to 'Ayra as a free unit option,' due to merges. My main lineup is so beefy at this point that not even B!Ike, who also has boosted Stats, a Prf, and a unique skill... fails to make the cut. And I do have 2 copies for a merge if needed, that's the kind of competition Ayra would need to face to get into the main lineup, a bunch of people who manages to push out B!Ike. +2 merge max would not let her see the light of day at all. (Although she would be basically another, more expensive---because I need to give her reposition---copy of Selena for AA, which is nice. 'Kills axes, tanks everything, and reposition is a surprisingly useful niche.')

Since I already prefer Ayra to be on a banner, and 'Ayra on a separate banner' is better than 'Ayra in a 4 person banner' (due to roll odds), this was already the best outcome, whether or not I wanted Ayra as a unit. (She's great, yeah, but the biggest problem is that she's still a sword-locked foot unit in a world full of ranged cavalry.)

If I wanted Ayra as Ayra I might be more miffed, but if I had wanted Ayra and Ayra I probably would've prioritized other things less, meaning I'd still have a stock of orbs. Mind, I'm not saying she's a bad unit, she's bloody amazing, it's just that the 'units I already have' is kind of a freakishly amazing group already, meaning, without character bias, I don't actually care too much about missing new people. Particularly ones that aren't even seasonal.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Ironically, Eirika's name is Japanese is "Eiriiku", so calling her Ei-reek-a wouldn't be entirely inaccurate maybe...

Depends on whether those rumors of overactive sweat glands are true. As I heard it from the gossip factory, she inherited from her mother. Ephraim is perfectly fine though, dunno why.

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

So I guess just give Ephraim Rally Heart from Awakening, then. Although he would need to reclass into the Bride class... which is DLC Eirika's class... and also female only... That may be a bit of an awkward solution.

Well if Ephraim can't wear Eirika's dress, I saw someone in the Sprite Assembly Thread made a Bridal Innes recently, with Ephraim as a groom.

Tailtiu's probably too focused on repressing the memories of abuse and torture from her family to care.

You can't go through life just repressing memories, you have to let them out and scream! Not anywhere will do, only in the office of a trained psychiatrist. Shall I recommend Dr. Knoll? Too cold? How about Dr. Calill? She's more compassionate. I mean she helped a random guy she met get through his love issues.

9 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Yeah, Tailtyu's story is probably one of the saddest ones in FE... At least she's doing okay in this game.

4 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

You could say that. Ayra would be an Eirika who got fed up of all the teasing @SatsumaFSoysoy gave to her and chose to hide her identity dying her hair to black. While running away she got sucked in one of those outrealm portal things and ended up in Issach with no memories but a lingering feeling of anger. Ignore the Od' bloodline, everyone in Renais has it.

Hey, I shower her with as much love as I shower her with fake spiders.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Depends on whether those rumors of overactive sweat glands are true.

Maybe.... That's not too bad.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

And y’all just keep rubbing salt in my wounds. I’m getting ever closer to starting hating all of you.

If I had Deirdre or Julia, I would have used her in my tempest team. Otherwise, I’m going Eldigan, Olwen, Arvis, and Soren.

If it makes you feel any better, I only got a stinkin' Brave!Lucina also haven't gotten any of the World of Holy War trio and as such will also have to rough it with a x1.2 hero in the next Tempest. It's what I get for bemoaning the possibility that I'd actually have to use Seliph, I suppose.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to :( For what it's worth, I'm still rooting for you to get her. I'm gonna wait to make sure that we're not getting the -owl banner next before I try for her any more.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yeah, Tailtyu's story is probably one of the saddest ones in FE... At least she's doing okay in this game.

She has like, one serious castle line that talks about her father, and that's it. It's a bit of a mood shift when she says it too, since the rest of her dialogue is so cheery.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You can't go through life just repressing memories, you have to let them out and scream! Not anywhere will do, only in the office of a trained psychiatrist. Shall I recommend Dr. Knoll? Too cold? How about Dr. Calill? She's more compassionate. I mean she helped a random guy she met get through his love issues.

Er... How much do you know about Tailtiu's story in FE4? Because just in case you hadn't heard...

Spoiler

...she doesn't have to go through life with those memories for long.

8 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Mind, part of the reason I'm fine with Ayra being summoned is that I mostly only care for her as a unit. (I have no personal bias for her as a character.)

Because of that, the 'Ayra on a banner' option is superior to 'Ayra as a free unit option,' due to merges. My main lineup is so beefy at this point that not even B!Ike, who also has boosted Stats, a Prf, and a unique skill... fails to make the cut. And I do have 2 copies for a merge if needed, that's the kind of competition Ayra would need to face to get into the main lineup, a bunch of people who manages to push out B!Ike. +2 merge max would not let her see the light of day at all. (Although she would be basically another, more expensive---because I need to give her reposition---copy of Selena for AA, which is nice. 'Kills axes, tanks everything, and reposition is a surprisingly useful niche.')

Since I already prefer Ayra to be on a banner, and 'Ayra on a separate banner' is better than 'Ayra in a 4 person banner' (due to roll odds), this was already the best outcome, whether or not I wanted Ayra as a unit. (She's great, yeah, but the biggest problem is that she's still a sword-locked foot unit in a world full of ranged cavalry.)

If I wanted Ayra as Ayra I might be more miffed, but if I had wanted Ayra and Ayra I probably would've prioritized other things less, meaning I'd still have a stock of orbs. Mind, I'm not saying she's a bad unit, she's bloody amazing, it's just that the 'units I already have' is kind of a freakishly amazing group already, meaning, without character bias, I don't actually care too much about missing new people. Particularly ones that aren't even seasonal.

By amazing group you mean 10 copy of Savage Blow Cordelia and Bike right

@SatsumaFSoysoy i always wondered why everyone gave so much damn to say.... Lachesis as far as suffering in FE4 goes lol. I mean not everyone is Adean and Briggid(didnt Ulir blood actually give luck bonus lol) but she gets off rather well compared to Tiltyu

5 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I mean not everyone is Adean and Briggid(didnt Ulir blood actually give luck bonus lol) but she gets off rather well compared to Tiltyu

Who knows? FE5 leaves open the possibility everyone not Erinys, Lewyn, Sigurd, Claud, Quan, Ethlyn, and those mentioned before got stoned and are just stored away somewhere. In which case, once Kia'd they be back to normal, possibly not even having aged a day. 

She has like, one serious castle line that talks about her father, and that's it. It's a bit of a mood shift when she says it too, since the rest of her dialogue is so cheery.

Does she talk about her child?

1 minute ago, Alexmender said:

So when she comes in contact with creepy crawlies, her appearance temporarily changes and she Astras everything?

2 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy i always wondered why everyone gave so much damn to say.... Lachesis as far as suffering in FE4 goes lol. I mean not everyone is Adean and Briggid(didnt Ulir blood actually give luck bonus lol) but she gets off rather well compared to Tiltyu

Lachesis' story is sad, but in a different way... Her life was harsh, but not as harsh as getting mentally tortured. She was restless and never satisfied after Eldigan's death, from what I understand, and based on Diarmuid and Nanna's heritage. Have you watched Gone with the Wind? She reminds of that heroine.

Just now, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

By amazing group you mean 10 copy of Savage Blow Cordelia and Bike right

Bear in mind that Cordelia is only keeping SB because she's a melee that's not on a horse. Even a Hone's positioning cost is difficult to pay in turns where she needs to hit something---needing to attack limits her postioning options, needing to be honed limits the positioning options of people she's honing, a bad combo unless you have lots of mobility to spare.

I'd probably replace it with Def Smoke once it comes out. Another ultra selfish option which fits her role fine, since her role is to (selfishly) galeforce sweep a team to death.

But nah, by amazing group I mean people like Leo with full inheritance, Reinhardt who's Reinhardt, Bow Lyn, B!Cordelia, S!Corrin with Hinoka support, etc. Yeah, Ayra's matchups are amazing, but her mobility is only better than armors, and that's... uncomfortable. Can't use your matchups if you can't get to them, and more than half the units in the game are better at getting to matchups than she is. (Think of horses as having a 'Horse March' C-slot for free compared to Infantry, and having 2, stacking copies compared to armors. I don't know about you, but I'd gladly pay 4 BST for a C-slot, especially considering the 4 BST can be taken out of a stat you don't actually use.)

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

So when she comes in contact with creepy crawlies, her appearance temporarily changes and she Astras everything?

It worked for Spiderman, there's no reason for it to not work for Eirika.

Well... I guess the biggest problem with this is the bitter surprise... Specially for the Ayra fans that don't have any reason to believe Ayra would be a Banner Unit.