• If -Atk, then +1 Res
    • 4-star
      • If [+Res, -Atk], then +1 Res
      • Otherwise, +1 Atk
  5. +1 Res or +1 Atk (the other stat), +1 Def

And then repeats for 6 through 10.

Edited by Ice Dragon

am in a small dillema.

I got an Inigo which is +atk-spd, gave hime TA3, bowbreaker and gronnraven. Bowlyn and Reinhardt dont pose a problem to him. 

So I got a new Inigo, he is +spd-res.

I am not sure which one should be merged. The -spd Inigo performs well, reins speed is low anyway and bowbreaker outspeeds bowlyn.

Even a -atk Inigo would do the same job.

Is there any reasonable advantage to prefer the +spd-res nature?  

2 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

am in a small dillema.

I got an Inigo which is +atk-spd, gave hime TA3, bowbreaker and gronnraven. Bowlyn and Reinhardt dont pose a problem to him. 

So I got a new Inigo, he is +spd-res.

I am not sure which one should be merged. The -spd Inigo performs well, reins speed is low anyway and bowbreaker outspeeds bowlyn.

Even a -atk Inigo would do the same job.

Is there any reasonable advantage to prefer the +spd-res nature?  

I suggest first using a duel simulator to see which of the two fares better against various BLyn builds and merges (like maybe +Res BLyn with full horse buffs can survive a round of combat against neutral Atk Inigo but not against +Atk) and what common green mages he can stand up to more easily (unbuffed +Spd Inigo for example avoids the double from unbuffed +Spd Fury Spd Ploy Deirdre, which seems like a build quite a few people are going for with their Deirdre, me included, but not from a +Spd Sonya with the same build); Spd buffed Nino will always wreck him, but +Spd avoids the double from +Spd 4*+10 and 5* Cecilia with full buffs, but not from +Spd 5* Cecilia with full buffs and merges. Screw around with a duel simulator is basically what I'm saying. The other thing which I shall suggest you is: wait until the new Halloween units skills and stats are revealed, there might just be a new meta defining green/colorless unit that will influence your decision. 

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

My first 2 Nino merges

^These are literally the only 3 Ninos I have ever pulled in the game^
Also, she is part of my new non-horse arena core: Lancina 4 star Olivia +10 and Nino (with bonus unit)
Who needs Eirika when you already do tons of damage :smug: I am hoping next merge is +1 Def/Res for 55 44 22 33 stat memes

So far the highest merges I have

She's so good it shouldn't even be legal

@MrSmokestack @GuiltyLove

Feel the power of the Nino! Tanks Rein nice and easy too~

Nice. 

And I see you run a Lucina/Nino/dancer/bonus arena core as well, though mine is Lucina/Nino/Azura/bonus. Allowed me to stay in Tier 20 ever since I started to run it.

If you think she's strong at +2, wait till you +10 her. There's not much she cannot kill once she' in Desperation range.

Edited by LuxSpes

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

Nice. 

And I see you run a Lucina/Nino/dancer/bonus arena core as well, though mine is Lucina/Nino/Azura/bonus. Allowed me to stay in Tier 20 ever since I started to run it.

If you think she's strong at +2, wait till you +10 her. There's not much she cannot kill once she' in Desperation range.

I need a lot more merges on Lancina and Nino before I can stay in tier 20. Currently it only gets me 690 - 700 heh

I think I'd need galeforce on Olivia or even aether... in addition to some max level seals. 

I bet T-Adept reds don't live either

Just now, Arcanite said:

I need a lot more merges on Lancina and Nino before I can stay in tier 20. Currently it only gets me 690 - 700 heh

I think I'd need galeforce on Olivia or even aether... in addition to some max level seals. 

I bet T-Adept reds don't live either

Yeah, my Azura being +4, Lucina being+6 and Nino being+10 is what allows me to stay there. 

Her biggest fear are G Tomebreaker units. TA Reds are pretty rare.

11 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Yeah, my Azura being +4, Lucina being+6 and Nino being+10 is what allows me to stay there. 

Her biggest fear are G Tomebreaker units. TA Reds are pretty rare.

>+4 Azura

Well then! It is kind of funny though, apparently a 4 star +10 Olivia is worth a 5 star +4 Olivia in terms of base stat total. +6 Lancina.... probably not gonna happen. Not to mention that it took me this long to get two Ninos.... ill have a +10 Nino by like, 2020 :thumbsup:

Give me your money

36 minutes ago, Koumal8 said:

I suggest first using a duel simulator to see which of the two fares better against various BLyn builds and merges (like maybe +Res BLyn with full horse buffs can survive a round of combat against neutral Atk Inigo but not against +Atk) and what common green mages he can stand up to more easily (unbuffed +Spd Inigo for example avoids the double from unbuffed +Spd Fury Spd Ploy Deirdre, which seems like a build quite a few people are going for with their Deirdre, me included, but not from a +Spd Sonya with the same build); Spd buffed Nino will always wreck him, but +Spd avoids the double from +Spd 4*+10 and 5* Cecilia with full buffs, but not from +Spd 5* Cecilia with full buffs and merges. Screw around with a duel simulator is basically what I'm saying. The other thing which I shall suggest you is: wait until the new Halloween units skills and stats are revealed, there might just be a new meta defining green/colorless unit that will influence your decision. 

Been doing that. And thats actually what has deepened my dillema.

There is no right or wrong in yhis scenario. Rein and lyn are major threats which Inigo can take care of either way depending on SI.

His +spd is 36, with seal it gets up to 39 plus buffs. I wouldnt recommend fury as he needs TA3 to give hime an edge.

So 39 spd isnt bad. But then he is a dancer and supposed to dance. His blyn and rein counter ability is what makes him an exceptional dancer.

But still, +spd sounds nice.

I dont know what to do.

It wouldnt be that bad if he was a regular pool unit.  This merge might be irrevocable. 

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

>+4 Azura

Well then! It is kind of funny though, apparently a 4 star +10 Olivia is worth a 5 star +4 Olivia in terms of base stat total. +6 Lancina.... probably not gonna happen. Not to mention that it took me this long to get two Ninos.... ill have a +10 Nino by like, 2020 :thumbsup:

Give me your money

My latest Azura appeared instead of the mysterious dancer when I pulled from the PA banner.

I'm considering +10 Cordelia and Olivia/Eirika to have a tricolor 5*+10 core. Unless I get 4 more Lucina and 6 more Azura before then.

Too late, I already gave all the money I had to give for this game. I'm an ex-whale now. 

Not even remotely interested in the Halloween banner but I'm sure they'll try to entice you with something like a red tome flyer or OP skill. Don't care much about the skills so unless it's something like a Green Tome Cav that isn't Cecillia or like a Red Tome/Archer flier then there's a high chance of me passing. I need to break my rate on the dancer banner so that's 20/40 orbs right there then I don't know If I'm still going to pull for Ayra or saving orbs. Either way there's no room for Halloween.

Also calling Henry being on this banner and still sucking like Summer Leo did.

Edited by Zeo

29 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Not even remotely interested in the Halloween banner but I'm sure they'll try to entice you with something like a red tome flyer or OP skill. Don't care much about the skills so unless it's something like a Green Tome Cav that isn't Cecillia or like a Red Tome/Archer flier then there's a high chance of me passing. I need to break my rate on the dancer banner so that's 20/40 orbs right there then I don't know If I'm still going to pull for Ayra or saving orbs. Either way there's no room for Halloween.

Also calling Henry being on this banner and still sucking like Summer Leo did.

I'm either going to save my orbs or use them on the TT banner unless there's something really amazing or I get the itch to spend orbs after the TT banner ends and it's the only banner with new units available.

I'm not that interested by limited units now that I can no longer whale for them. Doesn't help that they're useless for arena scoring purposes since there' no way I can get them to a high merge level while being f2p. Pulling reds while looking for Hinatas, Eirikas and Roys and hoping for Ayra is already a better way to spend my orbs since I have a chance (however slim) of pulling more Ayras once her banner ends, which is not the case for limited units. I got a S!Corrin, but she's guaranteed to stay at 0 merge unless she's featured on another banner in the future. 

15 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The timing of this banner puts the banner's characters as Arena bonus heroes on Halloween. Easter did the exact same thing.

Couldn't they have did the Halloween Banner when the FE4 Banner was, and started the early November Banner a couple days later, giving the Halloween Banner when Halloween fever is still high and people haven't moved on to Thanksgiving (or Christmas)?

I find it really hard to care about the seasonal banners when all of them (except for Caeda and Lyn in the bridal banner) are all Awakening and Nohrian characters. People are speculating that the male silhouette in the Halloween banner teaser is Leo, and if it is Leo I'm going to be so mad even though I'm not getting any of the Halloween characters. Honestly, I'm getting sick of pretty much all of the seasonal units being Awakening or Nohrian characters and it's getting unfun to speculate about who could be on it since if it really is only Awakening and Nohr then we're just guessing between one and a half games.

Leo and Xander didn't even score higher than Takumi in the CYL poll, what the fuck. And the Hoshidans weren't even unpopular, just less popular overall than the Nohrians. This doesn't even mention ... the rest of the FE series?

14 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Couldn't they have did the Halloween Banner when the FE4 Banner was, and started the early November Banner a couple days later, giving the Halloween Banner when Halloween fever is still high and people haven't moved on to Thanksgiving (or Christmas)?

Yes, but that requires them to specifically delay a banner for no other good reason, and delaying content, intentionally or not (especially because it would be damned obvious they were doing so) is not a great decision from a business perspective.

I'm kind of hoping for another Feh channel announcement alongside the trailer for the new heroes.  I'm not particularly enthused about a Halloween banner, but I'd love to know what's on the road map for early/mid November.  It's been a couple of months since the last one, if I recall.

9 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Are you buying Switch games even before the console itself? Or was Warriors a special case? 

Lol yes. I typically do so, even getting Awakening before the N3DS lmao . Basically because Amazon Prime pre order discount.

Edited by Quintessence

I am hoping that Henry is the person on the right in the picture for the new banner, but I really am to the point I am not interested in the Halloween banner.  I will use spare orbs to get PA! Azura if I can, and if there is an armor mage or Kaze on the Halloween banner I will just lump it and do my best.  Being F2P is fun and annoying at the same time, but I am glad I can't get too mad at my pulls since I don't spend money on them.  The Halloween banner should run all of next week right?  If so then I should be able to have orbs for it if there is someone on it I really need.

Wow October is almost over. I feel the month left super fast, it's as if yesterday I cleared the monthly quests. I hope November brings better stuff!

Also, Infernal Ursula was quite annoying with the Gronnwolf cav. After a couole of tries, I cleared it with Cecilia, Rein, NohrZura and Cherche (Brave Axe+, Death Blow 3 and Hit and Run).

Strat:

Rein gets cav buffs and quads the axe knight, Azura sings and Rein moves waiting at 2 range from the poison dagger thief up there. Cecilia repos azura and tanks the southern thief. On EP, rein gets doubled by the thief and readies his Luna hit. Next turn, Rein luna kills Ursula and waits there while the rest of the women retreat to the upper corner for better space. The enemies approach, NohrZura sings Cherche (to avoid getting doubled by the sword cav) and Cherche stomps the green cav while retreating back, and Rein finishes off the thief. Next turn, Cherche dragon fangs the cav the Cecilia deletes the remaining thief.

19 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

The Halloween banner should run all of next week right?  If so then I should be able to have orbs for it if there is someone on it I really need.

If it follows the trend of the last couple seasonal banners, it'll last at least until the end of November as we've had:

Ylissean Summer go from June 30th to August 1st
Nohrian Summer go from July 28th to August 31st
Performing Arts go from September 29th to October 30th

If it bucks this trend, then it should still last a minimum of two weeks since that was how long Spring Festival and Bridal Blessings lasted.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yes, but that requires them to specifically delay a banner for no other good reason, and delaying content, intentionally or not (especially because it would be damned obvious they were doing so) is not a great decision from a business perspective.

We'd really be none the wiser, though.  The Banners always run a little longer than two weeks, so putting in an extra day here or there wouldn't raise too much suspicion.

8 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

If it follows the trend of the last couple seasonal banners, it'll last at least until the end of November as we've had:

Ylissean Summer go from June 30th to August 1st
Nohrian Summer go from July 28th to August 31st
Performing Arts go from September 29th to October 30th

If it bucks this trend, then it should still last a minimum of two weeks since that was how long Spring Festival and Bridal Blessings lasted.

OK, thanks that makes me feel better about going all out for the PA banner.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

We'd really be none the wiser, though.  The Banners always run a little longer than two weeks, so putting in an extra day here or there wouldn't raise too much suspicion.

I, for one, would most definitely notice. Extending a holiday bonus hero set for one week is suspicious if that one week happens to make it overlap with the actual holiday itself.