Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I don't know why, but I want to turn my  +def/-spd Spring!Camilla into both a Gronnblade mage and a Gronnraven mage. Can anyone tell me why I shouldn't do it? Because otherwise, I'll do it

She's fine with either. I have both on her too, and just switch as needed.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

8 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

She's fine with either. I have both on her too, and just switch as needed.

Okay. I'll probably give her both and run a different set depending on what I need. Gronnraven will probably be used more often since archers and dagger users seem to be very common on maps. As for Gronnblade, that'll be used when I want to nuke stuff.

3 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

I believe it goes:

1. Attacker damage is calculated.
  2. Defensive special mitigation is applied to the result of step 1.
  3. Deflect skill mitigation is applied to the result of step 2.

See below.

If it went like that, Ice Mirror activating on top of Deflect Magic would reduce Reinhardt's damage on that hit to 0. This is not the case.

Hide contents

In fact, following the steps above, for the 2nd hit:

1. 46 Atk (Rein) - 34 Res (Fjorm) = 12
  2. 12 - floor(12 * .3) = 12 - floor(3.6) = 12 - 3 = 9
  3. 9 - floor(9 * .8) = 9 - floor(7.2) = 9 - 7 = 2

Additionally, it does not go: damage calculation (12 dmg) → deflect mitigation (3 dmg) → special mitigation (still 3 dmg).

I strongly suspect a fully leveled Shield Pulse would apply the -5 flat mitigation in step 2 (since Shield Pulse says "...when Special triggers."), but I'd need to find the right situation in AA to be sure. I don't think I'm going to find PvE Reinhardts any stronger than the Paralogue 1&2 Chain Challenge one...?

Ah. Okay. Thanks for clarifying.

9 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

You have no idea how jealous I am of this! Fir was my first 5-star promotion, and I've been hoping for a +Atk Fir for months to promote and merge into. She can get a strong amount of kills with a Wo Dao+/Slaying Edge+(SE+ is cheaper, and gives like one or two fewer kills), Moonbow, LaD3, and Swordbreaker, if you're interested. Not that I've spent too much time testing out Fir builds on KageroChart or anything...

Pretty sure I had a +SPD Fir at some point, but Fir wasn't a unit I thought I was going to build any time soon, quite a few characters got Speed+3 and one or two got Glacies, I could probably have a +10 Fir already in hindsight, but back then I didn't know *4+10's were a thing. My current *4 +7 Fir is superior to a *5. She's got 2 more HP, 1 more SPD and one more RES. But she lacks a workable weapon. +ATK/-DEF hurts worse than -HP and -RES in my opinion but it's nice not having Iceberg nerfed. 

Wo Dao+ is actually cheaper than Slaying Edge+ because I have an Athena and several Lon Qu's but I only have to upgrade Wo Dao+ once and I have to upgrade Killing Edge+ to Slaying Edge+ so that's stones down the drain. Either one of them would be the +SPD Refinement but where as WD+ Moonbow barely beats out SE+ Iceberg, it flat out loses to SE+ Glacies when it comes to it's ceiling and a 3 cooldown nuke isn't bad. Comparing the two. Before I do this, I don't want to put Swordbreaker on every sword unit, I want to branch out, so I decided I wasn't doing that for Fir, and also that I want her to have bulk and I want Iceberg/Glacies to hurt, so I'd go Fury instead of LnD3. That being said:

SwY6zho.png

Wo Dao+ edges out Slaying Edge and it's actually cheaper because it's 500/50 to upgrade vs Killing Edge+'s 700/70. Despite that I lean towards Slaying Edge+ because it makes the build more original (I already have a Wo Dao+ Ogma and Athena), plus it allows me to run Glacies, which.. nukes things.

Spoiler

l24scRP.png

Ideally though, this is what I would go for:

rJrd41z.png

Attack+3 seal would give her 10 more wins and Defense +3 would remove those 3 losses but there's something delicious about almost having 40 RES, that Iceberg/Glacies damage 2 gud. She has a wide array of Seal options though. QP being one of them. I'm definitely going to make her a thing, but for now she's on the backburner until a few more Firs show up and then I'll jump into giving her resources. 

Edited by Zeo

@Zeo

Heh, see, the problem is that I want to make her 5-star+10 someday, so a 4-star+10 isn't something I'm too interested in. Also because I already have a 5-star Fir, so it feels a bit wasteful to not try to go all the way for 5-star+10 at this point.

I suppose I should've mentioned that Slaying Edge+ would be cheaper in terms of feathers specifically, yeah. Also because she starts out with a Killing Edge, so there's no need to fodder anyone to her for the Slaying Edge+ with the refinery. Foregoing Swordbreaker is an odd choice (partially since my only sword units with it are Ike and Eirika currently), but I can understand the desire to make a more unique build, so fair enough on that. But regardless, even if our planned builds for her are pretty different, I'm happy to see her getting some attention at all! I may start dropping some skills on her soon, to prepare for if/when I ever get her with +Atk.

@DefaultBeep I wanted to make a *5+10 Marth because the game keeps throwing him at me, but now I'm wondering if I should do a +10 Matthew instead since he's actually a favorite... you only really want to spend that amount of feathers on your favorites honestly. Fir's a favorite of yours I can see, so it makes sense for you. As for me, I like her but +10'ing her isn't something that I think will ever happen in my game.

Killing Edge+ to Slaying Edge+ is cheaper than going Wo Dao+, but not in my case! You can't upgrade unless you have the + variant and Fir doesn't have that at *4, so it's more expensive specifically for me. But I'm essentially paying 20k feathers for the power of a *5 +5 instead of a *5 +0, so it balances out.

As for Swordbreaker, my Athena has Swordbreaker, my Ogma has Swordbreaker, my Marth has Swordbreaker, I'm sure another sword I build will have it. It just gets old and I want something different for her so meh. Your build for her is that of a nuke, which is pretty awesome and at *5+10 she's probably a titan, I hope that right natured Fir comes your way.

Isn't it funny how people get what other people want? And here I am waiting on a +ATK Matthew, +ATK/+SPD Serra or any sort of normal Lyn.

Edited by Zeo

Just now, Zeo said:

I wanted to make a *5+10 Marth because the game keeps throwing him at me, but now I'm wondering if I should do a +10 Matthew instead since he's actually a favorite... you only really want to spend that amount of feathers on your favorites honestly. Fir's a favorite of yours I can see, so it makes sense for you. As for me, I like her but +10'ing her isn't something that I think will ever happen in my game.

Killing Edge+ to Slaying Edge+ is cheaper than going Wo Dao+, but not in my case! You can't upgrade unless you have the + variant and Fir doesn't have that at *4, so it's more expensive specifically for me. But I'm essentially paying 20k feathers for the power of a *5 +5 instead of a *5 +0, so it balances out.

As for Swordbreaker, my Athena has Swordbreaker, my Ogma has Swordbreaker, my Marth has Swordbreaker, I'm sure another sword I build will have it. It just gets old and I want something different for her so meh. Your build for her is that of a nuke, which is pretty awesome and at *5+10 she's probably a titan, I hope that right natured Fir comes your way.

Isn't it funny how people get what other people want? And here I am waiting on a +ATK Matthew, +ATK/+SPD Serra or any sort of normal Lyn.

If he's a favorite, I'd definitely recommend Matthew instead. Even if they're not the most optimal, it's a lot more fun to have a 5-star+10 that you like; Sheena and Clarisse (once she gets enough reruns anyway) are two others that I like that others wouldn't get any benefit from promoting, for example. Although I also keep 5-starring and building other units, so even getting one of these three to +10 is gonna take quite a while.

Oh yeah, I forgot that the + version was needed. That's my bad, haha. A Wo Dao+ is definitely cheaper in that case.

That's certainly fair. This is probably another case where it's a difference in favorites for us. I'd like to give her the most kills I can give her, so I don't mind giving her a common build if it achieves that goal (same with Clarisse and giving her a Brave build). While for liked units that aren't quite favorites, it's more interesting to give them more unique builds that may not do the best, but give them their own niche to work in (like I did with making my Falchion users into Falchion medics).

Heh... I'm sure @Vaximillian would agree with that last part. Sorry again Vax! And then I failed to get Katarina on her last banner, while like 6 other people managed to get her with great boons/banes. The RNG is kind sometimes, but only very sparingly, and it certainly makes sure to laugh at us at every other opportunity it can. I might be one of the very few people who would gladly trade you my regular Lyn for a +Atk Fir, haha.

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

Heh... I'm sure @Vaximillian would agree with that last part. Sorry again Vax! And then I failed to get Katarina on her last banner, while like 6 other people managed to get her with great boons/banes. 

The last part of that last part certainly doesn’t apply to me, even though I got Katarina rather quickly on her last banner. I was very pleasantly surprised. HP/Def is not the best nature, but her Atk, Spd, and Res all are intact, and that’s great.

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The last part of that last part certainly doesn’t apply to me, even though I got Katarina rather quickly on her last banner. I was very pleasantly surprised. HP/Def is not the best nature, but her Atk, Spd, and Res all are intact, and that’s great.

Fair enough. I know at least two people here on SF got her with +Spd though, which is the main thing I remember, since I think you and those two were the only ones to actually tell me what boon/bane you got.

8 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

If he's a favorite, I'd definitely recommend Matthew instead. Even if they're not the most optimal, it's a lot more fun to have a 5-star+10 that you like; Sheena and Clarisse (once she gets enough reruns anyway) are two others that I like that others wouldn't get any benefit from promoting, for example. Although I also keep 5-starring and building other units, so even getting one of these three to +10 is gonna take quite a while.

Oh yeah, I forgot that the + version was needed. That's my bad, haha. A Wo Dao+ is definitely cheaper in that case.

That's certainly fair. This is probably another case where it's a difference in favorites for us. I'd like to give her the most kills I can give her, so I don't mind giving her a common build if it achieves that goal (same with Clarisse and giving her a Brave build). While for liked units that aren't quite favorites, it's more interesting to give them more unique builds that may not do the best, but give them their own niche to work in (like I did with making my Falchion users into Falchion medics).

Heh... I'm sure @Vaximillian would agree with that last part. Sorry again Vax! And then I failed to get Katarina on her last banner, while like 6 other people managed to get her with great boons/banes. The RNG is kind sometimes, but only very sparingly, and it certainly makes sure to laugh at us at every other opportunity it can. I might be one of the very few people who would gladly trade you my regular Lyn for a +Atk Fir, haha.

Favoritism matters a lot. Sheena is one of your liked units. And yet she is the only *5 I have that has remained at level 1 since I got her. I have no idea what to do with her and she doesn't appeal to me in the slightest as a unit. Clarisse is cool, but I don't like any archer in Heroes enough to really invest since already having B!Cordelia. Wil (FE7), Shinon (FE9/10) or Rolf (FE9/10) would have to show up. Maybe I'd build a Leonardo. Innes already exists but I doubt I'll ever get him and Rebecca continues to be a myth (another unit that I like, but not as much as Wil).

I'll probably be going your route for the max kills when I pull a Lyn. LnD3/Moonbow/Wrath with some manner of powerful seal. She deserves the golden treatment being my favorite unit in FE. I have 0 orbs so I kinda hope she doesn't show up right now. If she pops up in a banner literally everything becomes secondary. So yeah, I'd gladly take that Lyn off your hand. There's not a single unit in the game that evaded me like she did. I've poured over 150 orbs into pulling for her. Here's hoping it's not another 4-6 months before another Lyn banner. Meanwhile Tharja gets a banner every other month.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I need Wrath for her too, now that Sol Katti got its enhancement. Why is Nephenee so good both as a unit and as a fodder?

Simple- to force you to exhaust more Orbs for more of her. You want to find that ideal nature Neph for using as a combat unit, and then have plenty of duplicates for Wrath fodder and merging into your finest pantsless Sentinel (that was a stupid move). More Orbs spent on the peasant girl-turned guard in Melior (I liked her character ending), the more pressure to go PtP, which is the meaning of happiness for this game's developers.

Now who would you support your combat Neph with? Calill? 

18 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Favoritism matters a lot. Sheena is one of your liked units. And yet she is the only *5 I have that has remained at level 1 since I got her. I have no idea what to do with her and she doesn't appeal to me in the slightest as a unit. Clarisse is cool, but I don't like any archer in Heroes enough to really invest since already having B!Cordelia. Wil (FE7), Shinon (FE9/10) or Rolf (FE9/10) would have to show up. Maybe I'd build a Leonardo. Innes already exists but I doubt I'll ever get him and Rebecca continues to be a myth (another unit that I like, but not as much as Wil).

I'll probably be going your route for the max kills when I pull a Lyn. LnD3/Moonbow/Wrath with some manner of powerful seal. She deserves the golden treatment being my favorite unit in FE. I have 0 orbs so I kinda hope she doesn't show up right now. If she pops up in a banner literally everything becomes secondary. So yeah, I'd gladly take that Lyn off your hand. There's not a single unit in the game that evaded me like she did. I've poured over 150 orbs into pulling for her. Here's hoping it's not another 4-6 months before another Lyn banner. Meanwhile Tharja gets a banner every other month.

I'd give you my spare lyn if I could, to me she doesn't needs help doubling she just needs to hit harder, her problem is she can kill nothing for me 

22 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Fair enough. I know at least two people here on SF got her with +Spd though, which is the main thing I remember, since I think you and those two were the only ones to actually tell me what boon/bane you got.

That was me apparently +spd is my thing, +Spd Lyn,  Sheena, Kagero, Hawkeye, Erika, Nephenee, Halloween Henry, Katarina, Dorcas (Wasn't exactly thrilled at the last one) 

Edited by Mackc2

11 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Sheena works really well with DC, but there's not much point to build her if you have Hector/like Hector more, for sure. Hehe... I have a Bride Cordelia too ;) Neutral Atk and Spd, but she is +1 now, thanks to the Legendary Hero banner. She currently has a Brave Bow (not +) and Death Blow 4... While Clarisse is 5-star, +1, fully decked out with BB+, Luna, LaD3, and Swordbreaker 3. If that's not a show of favoritism, then I'm not sure what is.

That's pretty much what I plan to do as well; it's an expensive set (thanks a lot Nephenee...), but she works so well with it. Your experience in trying for Lyn sounds exactly like my own with Katarina, so I definitely give you my sympathies. Maybe now that they have a banner with two different versions of Tharja at the same time, they'll calm down... although they made a second Death Blow banner just to put Klein on a banner again, so maybe that's just wishful thinking.

1 minute ago, Mackc2 said:

That was me apparently +spd is my thing, +Spd Lyn,  Sheena,  Hawkeye, Erika, Nephenee, Halloween Henry, Katarina, Dorcas (Wasn't exactly thrilled at the last one) 

Yep, it was you and mcsilas that I remembered having +Spd Katarinas. I got a +Spd Dorcas as well, actually. Is yours -Res, or something else?

Just now, DefaultBeep said:

Sheena works really well with DC, but there's not much point to build her if you have Hector/like Hector more, for sure. Hehe... I have a Bride Cordelia too ;) Neutral Atk and Spd, but she is +1 now, thanks to the Legendary Hero banner. She currently has a Brave Bow (not +) and Death Blow 4... While Clarisse is 5-star, +1, fully decked out with BB+, Luna, LaD3, and Swordbreaker 3. If that's not a show of favoritism, then I'm not sure what is.

Yep, it was you and mcsilas that I remembered having +Spd Katarinas. I got a +Spd Dorcas as well, actually. Is yours -Res, or something else?

Not true, Sheena is more bulky, she can actually laugh at mages with a few armour spurs she basically just becomes a wall that laughs off anything the enemy tries while firing back with killer specials.

Worse, he is -Atk and now I just look at him and go "Dorcas what happened to you?" (Not really he currently owns the tempest even with the attack drop.) 

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Now who would you support your combat Neph with? Calill? 

But who else? 

4 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

My Neph is +Spd! (or is she?)

1 minute ago, Mackc2 said:

Not true, Sheena is more bulky, she can actually laugh at mages with a few armour spurs she basically just becomes a wall that laughs off anything the enemy tries while firing back with killer specials.

Worse, he is -Atk and now I just look at him and go "Dorcas what happened to you?" (Not really he currently owns the tempest even with the attack drop.) 

Agreed, she's much better in terms of defenses, but she's also much more expensive than Hector (primarily in that she needs a Hector to even get DC, since he comes with it). Plus she can't run QR2 alongside a different B skill, while Hector can. I'm definitely going to build Sheena myself, but I don't know if the investment would be worth it for most people.

Ouch... I'm sorry to hear that. But agreed, he makes the Tempest a breeze to get through.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

My Neph is +Spd! (or is she?)

Do you have a Neph? Or is it simply an Oboro in disguise?

2 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Speak of the devil and she will come, there was a single green and it was Sheena also drew Cain and Ceada

Ooo, what were the boons/banes for Sheena and Caeda? I need to know how jealous I should be right now.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Screenshot_20171202_135114.png

As Nephenee-like as as Nephenee gets.

Pretty nice... although that Spd looks suspiciously low for "being +Spd"... and that Def is suspiciously high... Hmmmmmmm...