Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’ve got an idea for a gauntlet: Masks vs. Hats, with Conrad, Sirius, Gerome, and Percy in Masks and Wendell, Eremiah, Joshua, and Nephenee in Hats.

We'd need a pullable version of Joshua though, unless they decide to change that current restriction eventually.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

13 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’ve got an idea for a gauntlet: Masks vs. Hats, with Conrad, Sirius, Gerome, and Percy in Masks and Wendell, Eremiah, Joshua, and Nephenee in Hats.

Is Nephenee's headwear a hat? I though it was a helmet?

Miriel though.

6 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Is Nephenee's headwear a hat? I though it was a helmet?

Miriel though.

Sorry, Nephenee, you’re not stylish enough. Wait for Calill to come and teach you how to wear a hat!

Miriel when.

It feels weird. I'm a feather hoarder, and suddenly I've used up 60k feathers to promote Gordin, Hana and Roderick for Brave Bow+, Life and Death 3 and Firesweep Lance+ fodder for both forms of Cordelias.

I still have a health 150k at least but I never though I'd spend this much feathers so quick. Well partially because I want to unlock their Level 40 conversations first during double EXP period before foddering them off.

Maybe I needed to vent somewhere after another dud 8% banner pull

Edited by mcsilas

8 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Definitely listen to Hinoka and Clarisse!

I've been going through them in order to hear their voiced lines, but dang... Clarisse's voice is, like, perfect in both languages. I will definitely be happy to hear her voice regardless of language. And she shares her VA with... Raigh? I-interesting...

I skipped ahead to Hinoka's as well, just to hear it. I definitely do like her Japanese voice more than her English one, but I do wish it was a bit more gruff still. Oh well.

20 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Ikimashou! Soba nii masu! Hai!

Get out of here, Athena Asamiya!

Legion sounds like he's constantly about to throw up, and I'm not sure how to feel about it. I think the only one I've been outright disappointed in is Catria's voice; it's okay, but her English voice is a lot more interesting and unique.

Oh wow! On a related note, since I've been browsing Behind the Voice Actor while doing this, I just found out that Clarisse's English VA also voices the character I had as my first avatar on SF! I was making myself known as a Clarisse fan before I even realized I was, haha.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Cassandra Lee voiced a mole?

Heh, I was probably even less memorable before the mole avatar, but I actually had a character as my avatar at first. Specifically, Anelace, from the Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky series:

Spoiler

bxbyg69.jpg

Also, another quick update: they matched Ayra's two voices almost perfectly. The English one is maybe slightly more gruff, but otherwise, they're extremely close. Lachesis, on the other hand... Well, let's just say that I definitely prefer Cristina Vee.

12 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I've been going through them in order to hear their voiced lines, but dang... Clarisse's voice is, like, perfect in both languages. I will definitely be happy to hear her voice regardless of language. And she shares her VA with... Raigh? I-interesting...

I skipped ahead to Hinoka's as well, just to hear it. I definitely do like her Japanese voice more than her English one, but I do wish it was a bit more gruff still. Oh well.

I love Hinoka's Japanese VA, and voices like that. 

Speaking of gruff voices, do you have Effie? Definitely listen to her Japanese VA and notice the difference.

14 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Get out of here, Athena Asamiya!

"Athena Ikimasu!"

By curiosity I checked japanese Athena's voice. Sure she loses a the Vun Voman thing that makes her stand out from other female myrmidons but I sure do love strong/badass female Japanese voices. 

"Athena. Mairu!"

Another character where I *really* prefer the Japanese VA is Camilla. It's not trying too hard, but also that VA is really talented.

Other notes-

Beruka also has a lovely, soft-spoken yet professional voice. Her VA focuses more on the silent assassin side, so she doesn't shout her critical lines (and her English critical lines are so good, too!) but gosh, I sure do love the whisper-like female assassin voices.

Simlarly, Ursula is less "female villain voice" and more professional assassin. It's actually quite unsettling how calm she is when voicing her special quotes- in a good way of course.

20 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I love Hinoka's Japanese VA, and voices like that. 

Speaking of gruff voices, do you have Effie? Definitely listen to her Japanese VA and notice the difference.

"Athena Ikimasu!"

By curiosity I checked japanese Athena's voice. Sure she loses a the Vun Voman thing that makes her stand out from other female myrmidons but I sure do love strong/badass female Japanese voices. 

"Athena. Mairu!"

Another character where I *really* prefer the Japanese VA is Camilla. It's not trying too hard, but also that VA is really talented.

Other notes-

Beruka also has a lovely, soft-spoken yet professional voice. Her VA focuses more on the silent assassin side, so she doesn't shout her critical lines (and her English critical lines are so good, too!) but gosh, I sure do love the whisper-like female assassin voices.

Simlarly, Ursula is less "female villain voice" and more professional assassin. It's actually quite unsettling how calm she is when voicing her special quotes- in a good way of course.

Whoa, you were not kidding about Effie. I heard that her voice was different between each version, but I didn't think they were quite that different.

I can think of nothing else when I hear/read "Ikimasu!" in any context. That's what I get for maining Athena, haha. I checked her page on BtVA out of curiosity, but she doesn't have any roles in Heroes. Though Olwen does share her Japanese VA with Nakoruru and Rera from SSVI, which is kinda neat. Speaking of, while Olwen's English VA is good, I think I actually much prefer her Japanese VA. She seems to have a bigger range of emotion in her voiced lines, which sounds more fitting to me than her constant quite and unease in English.

Japanese Athena is pretty good, yeah. Minerva and Ayra's Japanese VAs did really good too, I don't think I could pick a favorite between the two languages.

I think Beruka might be a rare case where the English VA is higher pitched than the Japanese VA. Which is interesting, since she and Tharja share English VAs, but Tharja has a noticeably less high voice. I think I like Beruka's Japanese VA more tool, regardless. Agreed on Ursula as well, especially for her Specials.

Edited by DefaultBeep

34 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Whoa, you were not kidding about Effie. I heard that her voice was different between each version, but I didn't think they were quite that different.

I can think of nothing else when I hear/read "Ikimasu!" in any context. That's what I get for maining Athena, haha. I checked her page on BtVA out of curiosity, but she doesn't have any roles in Heroes. Though Olwen does share her Japanese VA with Nakoruru and Rera from SSIV, which is kinda neat. Speaking of, while Olwen's English VA is good, I think I actually much prefer her Japanese VA. She seems to have a bigger range of emotion in her voiced lines, which sounds more fitting to me than her constant quite and unease in English.

Japanese Athena is pretty good, yeah. Minerva and Ayra's Japanese VAs did really good too, I don't think I could pick a favorite between the two languages.

I think Beruka might be a rare case where the English VA is higher pitched than the Japanese VA. Which is interesting, since she and Tharja share English VAs, but Tharja has a noticeably less high voice. I think I like Beruka's Japanese VA more tool, regardless. Agreed on Ursula as well, especially for her Specials.

Oooh, maybe I should look up any VAs that share roles between KoF and Heroes someday!

Speaking of Effie's differing roles and Tharja, I had a look at Rhajat and WOW, I really prefer Japanese Rhajat. I seem to have a thing for whispering/soft voices lol (or strong badass females)

Other interesting VA differences, is Hector sounds much younger and more his age (as much as I like O-ho apparently it makes him sound a bit older than what he's supposed to be?). Interestingly he has the same voice as Japanese Cain (from what I can hear)

Japanese halloween Sakura's 'Nya' is heart melting. Also love Fir's voice, very fitting for her!

Niles's VA is the legedary Takehito Koyasu- who voices Dio from JoJo but more importantly....SHINGO YABUKI from KOF! :D Talented guy. Oh and he also voices Saberm Lon'qu and Navarre from Echoes.

Miyano Mamoru voicing Leo is perfect. Max's version of Leo is also good, too so he's just one of those characters with perfect voices either way.

And I love Japanese Henry- he has such a creepy but jolly voice. Especially perfect with his Halloween version!

Edited by mcsilas

You people apparently grabbed every single Deirdre in the pool, leaving none for me, because my last ten orbs that mattered brought me a 4★ Camilla and a 4★ Hawkeye.

Thank you very much, folks.

I’m not even sad anymore.

So my free summon on VG banners were Arthur (Rhajat's banner) and Katarina!! Months ago I was complaining about my Katarina being +def -spd, and even considered to use her as fodder, but this time she is +atk -hp! I merged her and paired her with Marth, due to Spur Spd. Btw, I promoted my 4☆ +spd -hp Marth and gave him Moonbow and Swordbreaker 3 to make a pretty solid pair. I'll need Repo and Fury fodder tho 

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

You people apparently grabbed every single Deirdre in the pool, leaving none for me, because my last ten orbs that mattered brought me a 4★ Camilla and a 4★ Hawkeye.

Karma for sending home a Spring Camilla.

The gacha never changes~

Look, I already said I was sorry for my accidental “contributions” to that effort. What more do you want from me man?!

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Just bribe Anna for more Orbs.

50 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Faye is REALLY trying to make me vote for her...literally pulled 4 copies of her on this banner -_- 2 of those were back to back. Anyone want a yandere?

Nope. She keeps screaming about Alm instead of my name. Huge turn off.

Plus, she is not crazy enough to murder Celica. Yandere fail. The least she could have done was to be Alm's "secret" mistress and force Celica to watch from behind the closet while blackmailing Alm that she would "expose" their relationship to Celica.

Edited by XRay

22 minutes ago, XRay said:

Nope. She keeps screaming about Alm instead of my name. Huge turn off.

Plus, she is not crazy enough to murder Celica. Yandere fail. The least she could have done was to be Alm's "secret" mistress and force Celica to watch from behind the closet while blackmailing Alm that she would "expose" their relationship to Celica.

Well...guess I'll have to build her now after all. On the plus, I got a +Atk/-Def Elise that I can turn into a nuker :p (Don't care that she's maxed HM, she's too precious not to have kill things) and better than the +HP/-Spd Elise that I had.

So I've gotta ask, what do you think of Berkut? His GHB battle is coming up next week. Personally, I think he's an underrated unit. Peforms well as a mixed tank so he'd be great for baiting. I dare even say that he's even better than Camus because every Camus I come across in Advanced Arena get's chilled by my mages (blues have no mercy, especially Lute). He's got a nice base kit and with the new update his lance is much better (he can gain a possible total of 17 res with his lance and water soul without even factoring in distant defense and cavalry buffs). I guess I'll slap lance (or sword) breaker 3 and distant defense or deflect magic SS on him when I get him.

Edited by silveraura25

36 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

On the plus, I got a +Atk/-Def Elise that I can turn into a nuker

Do it! Sacrifice a sheep and a farm girl in the name of Anna and turn Elise into a monster! Make triple Elise defense team into a new nightmare for players.

7 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

So I've gotta ask, what do you think of Berkut? His GHB battle is coming up next week. Personally, I think he's an underrated unit. Peforms well as a mixed tank so he'd be great for baiting. He's got a nice base kit and with the new update his lance is much better (he can gain a possible total of 17 res with his lance and water soul without even factoring in distant defense and cavalry buffs). I guess I'll slap brash assault 3 and distant defense or deflect magic SS on him when I get him.

They should have given his weapon to somebody else like Peri, or they could have made Berkut into someone like Peri. He is okay with Deflect Magic, but other units can use it so much better.

I am not a huge fan of regular tanking, since units with Gem Weapon-Distant Counter can do it better and completely shutdown an entire color.