Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

18 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Well, Florina's pegasus is named Huey, but I'm pretty sure we don't have a Huey yet in Fire Emblem.

We have a Hugh!

Also, Camilla’s wyvern being called Marzia is fanon coming from I dunno where.

Edited by Vaximillian

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Titania works then!

That's a good name with Vanessa at least. Classy.

Oh, re-reading the thread, we couldn't verify any proof of Marcia and Sumia/Cynthia's mounts having those names. But I left them in as poll options since at least those mounts get characterized a bit even if a name is never dropped.

I remember making the thread was really just me proving a point about how much better Wyvern riders were compared to Pegasus knights. There are a ton more of the latter that are playable in Fire Emblem, but extremely few are written in such a way that the writers were aware they rode flying animals- which is the coolest thing ever. For some reason, relationship between rider and mount comes up more often with our playable wyvern riders. 

45 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:
40 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Titania works then!

That's a good name with Vanessa at least. Classy.

If I remember correctly from my hazy memory of a decade ago, Vanessa's pegasus is named Titania in Japanese, but Tellius's Titania's name in Japanese is Tiamat.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If I remember correctly from my hazy memory of a decade ago, Vanessa's pegasus is named Titania in Japanese, but Tellius's Titania's name in Japanese is Tiamat.

Oh that's interesting.

So maybe there should be a team of Tiamat (Titania), Tiamo (Cordelia) and Matoi (Caeldori)? Anyone similar for a fourth? Mathilda?

@Vaximillian More fun named themed teams!

Edited by mcsilas

41 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Well, they still have 24 days to remember, then.

It's like that Christmas song. 24 days of "Remember Fjorm? Did you know that you can get her for free?". Now that's what I call new content

Edited by silveraura25

You know who I remember? Gunnthra- because we don't even know what her role in the story is besides being a random voice :/

Anyway, this got me thinking, if they do another CYL, would they add the Heroes OCs in there? I wonder how they'll place in the polls.

Speaking of...I remember there was a thread in the subforum that had detailed statistics of the CYL votes- even filtering it by game. I think there was a tumblr link as well in that thread?

I've been trying to find it but can't seem to locate it- can anyone link it?

Just now, mcsilas said:

You know who I remember? Gunnthra- because we don't even know what her role in the story is besides being a random voice :/

Anyway, this got me thinking, if they do another CYL, would they add the Heroes OCs in there? I wonder how they'll place in the polls.

Speaking of...I remember there was a thread in the subforum that had detailed statistics of the CYL votes- even filtering it by game. I think there was a tumblr link as well in that thread?

I've been trying to find it but can't seem to locate it- can anyone link it?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Farfetched Heroes banner units plus Joshua were all referred to as brave heroes in the story maps as well as their appearance in the game being based off of popularity

7 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I’ll create a million Nintendo accounts to vote for Sharena.

Anyway, look on Kantopia. Pretty sure it was @Kirokan who compiled the results.

Damn you, @Vaximillian! I wanted to be one to link Kantopia website & feel like I contributed to something!  D:<

I'll just be more directed then!

https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2017/02/21/fire-emblem-series-choose-your-legends-analysis-final-summary-and-recap/

20 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Just give it time, I'm sure we'll find it more. But man, can you imagine if she was free unit after beating her chapter? The people who whaled for her would be piss!

20 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

We actually kind of in dire need of this. It would be nice to know how Gaiden characters rank now. I doubt Genny is at bottom 600.

I'm very curious on how Sharena will rank in this, a good chunk of people seem to find her very endearing. I'm also very curious on how Azura ranks with the most recent gauntlet.

Edited by Zangetsu

12 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

The people who whaled for her would be piss!

One more copy is not a big deal for actual whales.

And a neutral copy of her would be nice to have for people like me who seem incapable of pulling certain characters with even half-decent natures (all of my Gunnthras are either -Res or -Spd).

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

One more copy is not a big deal for actual whales.

And a neutral copy of her would be nice to have for people like me who seem incapable of pulling certain characters with even half-decent natures (all of my Gunnthras are either -Res or -Spd).

Well when you put it that way I just feel stupid. Thanks for that.

@Vaximillian @Zangetsu Thanks! That's perfect! :D

Yeah out of the original Heroes OCs, Sharena would probably be up there. Maybe Anna as well since I love the Commander version of her design-wise.

I think anyone who's good gameplay-wise in Heroes would get a boost. Reinhardt is an obvious one, but also Ninian might be more popular because of her utility just like in the first rounds of the VG. 

As for Echoes, looking at the CYL results I think characters like Saber, Mae and Gray would get a bump up compared to the Echoes cast. Leon definitely won't be 3rd last in the Gaiden-filtered poll. Kamui might drop a bit compared to other characters, and maybe Lukas/Python/Tatiana would rise more. Mae would probably usurp Genny. I am really curious how the Valentia characters will go (although I expect Celica to be the most popular one)- did they ever have a Japanese popularity poll for Echoes?

7 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Well when you put it that way I just feel stupid. Thanks for that.

I think the only people who would be angry are the ones who paid to get just one copy. (But free merge!)

25 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I'm very curious on how Sharena will rank in this, a good chunk of people seem to find her very endearing. I'm also very curious on how Azura ranks with the most recent gauntlet.

She got No. 8, which is still pretty great. I'm a solid contender for the biggest Azura fan on this website, but I'd honestly be shocked if she got more than +/- 1 space. It's not impossible though; the difference between her and Cordelia is only 164.

@Vaximillian @Zangetsu Thanks! That's perfect! :D

Yeah out of the original Heroes OCs, Sharena would probably be up there. Maybe Anna as well since I love the Commander version of her design-wise.

Optimistically speaking, I see no problem placing Sharena in the 7-10 range. It'd be very hard for anyone to get higher than that, considering that there was more than 2000 votes between Eirika and Cordelia.

I think anyone who's good gameplay-wise in Heroes would get a boost. Reinhardt is an obvious one, but also Ninian might be more popular because of her utility just like in the first rounds of the VG. 

I think the extra exposure would be worth more than the gameplay benefit. For every person who loves how useful Reinhardt is, there's another who hates him for being so pervasive in the meta.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I think the only people who would be angry are the ones who paid to get just one copy. (But free merge!)

What about the people who paid to roll for her and didn't get her at all?

Edited by Phillius the Crestfallen

6 minutes ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

What about the people who paid to roll for her and didn't get her at all?

Then it's about time they learned their lesson.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Some of those people get angry because they expected more or different stuff.

I like ducks. I throw them free bread and they are perfectly happy with it.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Then it's about time they learned their lesson.

Fair enough, but you know how it is; give away free stuff and people will complain it's not the free stuff they want.

Edited by Phillius the Crestfallen

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I like ducks. I throw them free bread and they are perfectly happy with it.

Because they are dumb and don’t know bread is bad for them. Feed them with seeds instead.