Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

That doesn't play when you fight Lyon - that'd be "The Prince's Despair". Powerful Foe is for the Grado Generals, Vigarde, Tirado, Carlyle, Orson, Morva, and... a random Gorgon? Huh.

Hm, I probably remembered it wrong. Also, a random Gorgon has the theme. On the topic of Orson, he was a very good minor villain. 

Spoiler

He betrayed Ephraim so that Grado would bring back his wife. And his wife being brought back causes a very creepy scene in FE8

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I for some reason always train Colm, even though I don't really find him special at all. I think it is mostly so he can do the few steals I want with him without so much fear of dying. Helps being a Thief makes him level faster.

As for Ross, well Warrior is more thematically befitting him and his dad whom he emulates. But Berserker is his best statistically. We don't talk about Journeyman 3, since it is just a poor man's Berserker. In the English version that is, in the Japanese, J3 has a 30 Str cap instead of 26, and 30 Def cap instead of 23, at the cost of 1 Skl and 2 Spd, so Japanese J3 is on paper (not in practice at all without grinding and stat boosters/RNG blessings) a much tankier and slightly slower Berserker without waterwalking. 

The English version also severely nerfed Recruit 3 (-5 to Str and Def caps), and some more minor cap nerfing to Pupil. Recruit 3 is still unique as an armorless lancer class, complete with a 15 crit bonus in SS. Pupil 3... well Sage with the glitch for Dark Magic is almost completely better, not that Dark Magic is worth using at all in SS, so even without that Sage is better. None of the trainee 3 classes get any Con boosts on promotion either. Meaning Ross is stuck unable to use anything heavier than his Hatchet (which is every Axe) without at least 2 AS loss, Amelia loses at least 2 from everything not a Slim Lance, and Ewan, well he actually has more 2 Con than Lute, and 5 unpromoted is serviceable for a Mage. A Berserker Ross gets 5 over a Journeyman, so Iron, Silver, Killer, and Hand Axes are all AS loss free for him. A General Amelia ends up with a usable 12 Con, and Cav/Paladin Amelia (my preference), 9, enough for Iron and Killer Lances at at least, and -1/2 AS from Silver/Javelins is bearable.

It also gave Ross 5% more Speed, Amelia 5% less Str and 10% less HP, and Ewan lost 10% Mag.

That's a shame those bonuses weren't included in the English version. I was excited to use the super trainees when I unlocked them but they just ended up being worse versions of their best classes. Although Amelia was kind of like a proto-Halberdier to me or what I used to call back then: a Lancemaster. And yeah, Warrior Ross thematically fits him, but Ross is a fantastic (and better) Berserker and really your only option as your only alternative is the seriously underwhelming Dozla. And Hero Ross... we don't talk about Hero Ross.

General Amelia was always my preference. Paladin Amelia did nothing for me and Great Knight Amelia didn't feel right. Truthfully though Amelia was always a Halberdier trapped in a game without that class available in my opinion.

9 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo Yeah going to be listening to RD ost a bit more at work. Some of the tracks are pretty chill.

Speaking of what's your favourite Boss theme music?

Vs Arvis theme is really high up there, it's just sounds so good and iconic. Imagine what it would sound like with upgraded instruments.

Against the Black Knight (FE9/10) In the name of Bern (FE6) Stalking Menace (and most of the other boss themes) (FE10) are big favorites. But as for the one that probably stuck with me for the longest was Softly with Grace.

It may not sound like much today. But for people like me that were introduced to Fire Emblem with this title, this theme meant a whole lot more, it played only the most serious of battles against foes like Ursula, Lloyd and others. I don't listen to it anymore, but of all the boss themes I've heard throughout the series, this was the one that stuck with me for the longest. So I'll have to say it's my favorite.

Softly with Grace is absolutely graceful, and I'm disappointed Heroes hasn't used it on the GHBs.

I almost forgot yesterday night to train Bowcorrin on TT, I was so focused on SP grinding. But in the end I managed to train him.

Argh I have 80+ orbs and want to use them. I want the banner to be already up RAEG

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

That's a shame those bonuses weren't included in the English version. I was excited to use the super trainees when I unlocked them but they just ended up being worse versions of their best classes. Although Amelia was kind of like a proto-Halberdier to me or what I used to call back then: a Lancemaster. And yeah, Warrior Ross thematically fits him, but Ross is a fantastic (and better) Berserker and really your only option as your only alternative is the seriously underwhelming Dozla. And Hero Ross... we don't talk about Hero Ross.

General Amelia was always my preference. Paladin Amelia did nothing for me and Great Knight Amelia didn't feel right. Truthfully though Amelia was always a Halberdier trapped in a game without that class available in my opinion.

Well when to comes to thematics, I think Garcia might have a case for Hero, being he was a former commander in Renais's forces, and Hero is more dignified than Warrior, but Ross has no reason to go that way.

Whereas Ross and Ewan have only one (two including the super trainee) class option that suits them thematically, I think you can make a case for Amelia in pretty much any of her final options. Recruit 3 is of course fitting, Paladin has her rivalry and love with Franz, Great Knight has her Duessel connection, only General doesn't make much sense (a Gilliam support would solve this), although it is the closest in nature to her Recruit class.

In gameplay, I agree Dozla is underwhelming. His dwarvish appearance is of little help because it makes him seem out of place for me. And Ross being great as a Berserker? Look no further than my most recent Ephraim Hard footies only run, Berserker Ross almost singlehandedly annihilated Selena's army, he has been seriously Res blessed though, higher than his Def, overall he has been blessed (unlike an Artur who refuses to gain Magic).

Now to speak cosmetically, I Iike Ewan in as a Pupil and in the Mage promotions. But in the Shaman line, his color palette, while very distinct, is oh so hideous (more so on Druid and Shaman than Summoner)! Ewan also looks like a kid Roy, which in a way makes his Sage and Mage Knight sprites cooler. Amelia, I like her as a Pally owing much to the looks of her, not as a Pally, but as a Cavalier, her with her hair arranged like so and just the female Cavalier sprite as a whole is good. As for what looks bad for her, it'd either be Recruit, the color scheme is different from all the other classes, or Knight. Ross looks generic no matter what you do.

I wish the many games down the line the SS remake will add a flier recruit, like Amelia was originally supposed to be. The only issue is making supports work around her having either a pegasus or a wyvern without specifying which.

I killed my badge inventory but I finally got the QR3 SS. Now I can do the meme WF/Armads/QR Hector build and also my Micaiah finally got the versatility to go Anti-Reinhardt (although I guess double DD with QR on the B-slot or the offensive DB set are better for her). 

4 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

I killed my badge inventory but I finally got the QR3 SS. Now I can do the meme WF/Armads/QR Hector build and also my Micaiah finally got the versatility to go Anti-Reinhardt (although I guess double DD with QR on the B-slot or the offensive DB set are better for her). 

Aaaaaaahhhh

I need so many Red badges right now. All the seals I've been upgrading have been using red, and also my Laslow +5 has been eating up a ton. I have feathers for 3 more merges but I need more great badges.

27 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Aaaaaaahhhh

I need so many Red badges right now. All the seals I've been upgrading have been using red, and also my Laslow +5 has been eating up a ton. I have feathers for 3 more merges but I need more great badges.

Today is a good day to grind them, if you have the stamina or any spare potions.

I did a lot of badge grinding today for that reason, getting most of the badges for QR3 plus some extras for Lyon this weekend.

Edited by Othin

27 minutes ago, Othin said:

Today is a good day to grind them, if you have the stamina or any spare potions.

I did a lot of badge grinding today for that reason, getting most of the badges for QR3 plus some extras for Lyon this weekend.

I just hate how inconsistent it is. I really feel like doing runs of 10th Stratum should guarantee  great badges every time. And then the random amount on top of that is also bad! Henry's bounty skill makes it more tolerable but it's still bad.

Thank the lord ToD!Henry exists so I don’t have to put up with SF!Xander’s incompetence at all not that I even have the latter anyways as he was the only Spring Festival hero I didn’t manage to get off the legendary banners.

13 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

And the QR seal means you can field Spring Xander with his default Live for Honor without him being a total liability! Indisputably the true best user of the QR seal.

And here's the part where I regret not pulling for Spring Xander last year.

No one could've predicted the day when a unit with terribad stats and a meme weapon would become the hero of badge farming we need but don't deserve.

2 minutes ago, r_n said:

I just hate how inconsistent it is. I really feel like doing runs of 10th Stratum should guarantee  great badges every time. And then the random amount on top of that is also bad! Henry's bounty skill makes it more tolerable but it's still bad.

Yeah, I found that pretty frustrating as well.

I forgot about that skill. I have Henry, too, but I don't think I ever taught it to him. Plus I was also using the time to train units for Hero Merit, which Henry and most of the rest of my armors have plenty of, so he wouldn't have fit in very well.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Yeah, I found that pretty frustrating as well.

I forgot about that skill. I have Henry, too, but I don't think I ever taught it to him. Plus I was also using the time to train units for Hero Merit, which Henry and most of the rest of my armors have plenty of, so he wouldn't have fit in very well.

what i'm doing right now, is to double with training Michiah, is to bring 2 dancers, her and henry with his skill. HE mostly hangs back, maybe throwing a hit to help out. So long as you have a 3 man hit squad (or a 1 man, 2 dancer) you can fit him pretty much anywhere. I was doing it last week too, with a different set.

Omg

Spoiler

If you were looking here thinking I had something new to share, then you are wrong. Fooled ya!

Can't say I ever really used Live for Honor considering how much I tend to grind btw.

6 minutes ago, r_n said:

I said that in the feedback when they did the survey. Most of the time when I grind Great Badges I have to use all of my stamina and it still won't be enough for what I need. It took me 2 weeks to fully grade(just did it like 5 minutes ago) the Heavy Blade seal to level 3.  

14 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

I said that in the feedback when they did the survey. Most of the time when I grind Great Badges I have to use all of my stamina and it still won't be enough for what I need. It took me 2 weeks to fully grade(just did it like 5 minutes ago) the Heavy Blade seal to level 3.  

The balance of great badges to regular ones does feel a bit off, but I think there's an element of being careful what you wish for here. We still need thousands of regular badges for the seals, and while most of us will have plenty of them at the moment, that's only because they're awarded from 10th stratum.

Monthly quests incentivise us to do 10th stratum a minimum 60 times a month to get all the orbs, and 9th stratum only 15 times, and then the lower stratums that give fairly low quantities of badges. If 10th stratum only awarded great badges, I suspect we'd end up having to go out of our way to farm regular badges, and without the carrot that is monthly quests to ease the pain.

TL;DR: It's probably better for us if they increase the chance of getting great badges from 10th stratum without removing regular badges altogether.

EDIT: To kind of demonstrate the point, I currently have 1543 great green badges and 4272 regular green badges. If these were consumed in the proportions that the seal upgrades require them, I'd run out of regular badges first.

This is a bit of an extreme case though, for the other three colours the great badges would run out first, but not by a huge margin - I'd have about 2000 left of blue and grey regular badges if I spent all of my great badges. A decent buffer but not a huge one, and one that I suspect would be fully wiped out if 10th stratum didn't award any.

Edited by Humanoid

6 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

The balance of great badges to regular ones does feel a bit off, but I think there's an element of being careful what you wish for here. We still need thousands of regular badges for the seals, and while most of us will have plenty of them at the moment, that's only because they're awarded from 10th stratum.

Monthly quests incentivise us to do 10th stratum a minimum 60 times a month to get all the orbs, and 9th stratum only 15 times, and then the lower stratums that give fairly low quantities of badges. If 10th stratum only awarded great badges, I suspect we'd end up having to go out of our way to farm regular badges, and without the carrot that is monthly quests to ease the pain.

TL;DR: It's probably better for us if they increase the chance of getting great badges from 10th stratum without removing regular badges altogether.

More options isn't terrible. 10th stratum gets you the guarantee if you need them, 8th/9th are still good grinding spots in case you want a mix or specifically want small badges.

At the very least, make them in larger quantities. Being both random in if you get them and random how many you get is just annoying. I have henry so i get 20-30 which should honestly be the base line

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

I'm surprised most of you guys are short of badges while I've always a stock of 4 digit badges.

It depends on how they're used!  I have a pretty hefty stock of all badges, but that's because I like building random characters.  Perhaps other people have more fun in places besides the Tower!

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

It depends on how they're used!  I have a pretty hefty stock of all badges, but that's because I like building random characters.  Perhaps other people have more fun in places besides the Tower!

Makes sense, but I do 10th stratum at least once a day to get the random badges. Another cause might be sacred coins management, as I use them only when I reach 150 coins.

10 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

EDIT: To kind of demonstrate the point, I currently have 1543 great green badges and 4272 regular green badges. If these were consumed in the proportions that the seal upgrades require them, I'd run out of regular badges first.

This is a bit of an extreme case though, for the other three colours the great badges would run out first, but not by a huge margin - I'd have about 2000 left of blue and grey regular badges if I spent all of my great badges. A decent buffer but not a huge one, and one that I suspect would be fully wiped out if 10th stratum didn't award any.

I don't think anyone is advocating for the removal of regular badges, just specifically upping the chances of us being able to get Great Badges when we do the 10th stratum.  

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

I'm surprised most of you guys are short of badges while I've always a stock of 4 digit badges.

I have almost 2000 of the other great badges ,and amany more of their smaller counterparts. It's jsut there's been a lot of good red badges lately so those have put a huge drain on those specific resources. 

If you spread it out, it's not as bad, but the badge grind can still be pretty rough anytime you DO need them. I'm really hoping the next tempest has some great non-red badge skills.

1 minute ago, Usana said:

The badge I am hoping for is a Live for Honor badge so we don't have use H!Henry or S!Xander for farming runs!

That'd be good for variety's sake but also if it stacked with that character's Live for Honor

5 hours ago, Zeo said:

Against the Black Knight (FE9/10) In the name of Bern (FE6) Stalking Menace (and most of the other boss themes) (FE10) are big favorites. But as for the one that probably stuck with me for the longest was Softly with Grace.

It may not sound like much today. But for people like me that were introduced to Fire Emblem with this title, this theme meant a whole lot more, it played only the most serious of battles against foes like Ursula, Lloyd and others. I don't listen to it anymore, but of all the boss themes I've heard throughout the series, this was the one that stuck with me for the longest. So I'll have to say it's my favorite.

What's wrong with Hero Ross?