Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

20 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Anyway, I used Marth, CYL Lucina, CYL Ike, and Celica to take care of the Lunatic quests, and it was fun. Grima quickly found himself on the end of Falchion, and Hardin got acquainted with Urvan.

I chose to have a bit of fun while clearing those quests.

Spoiler

Py637QB.png?1Kc9n1w4.png?1

And by that, I mean I had Alm put down his rabid waifu and had Lucina tell Grima "never again".

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

I knew you don't have Lucina but I wasn't sure about Alm until now. Sorry about that.

Instead I had Celica beat up her PMS self, and felled Grima by the original Falchion. Works for me.

I summoned the wrong blue armour unit and got a 4* Effie instead of Hardin. Not +Atk so definite fodder.

I wonder which armour wants Wary Fighter besides OG Hector? Would Eliwood particularly like it? (Not like I'll get spare Bold/Vengeful Fighter anytime soon..)

Also I finally get a non -Atk Gaius. +Spd/-HP even. I know he's not exactly the greatest dagger unit but a good nature is pretty cool. Maybe I'll build him but not sure what weapon. @Zeo @Cute Chao any suggestions?

Also have a -Spd Eirika to fodder off Hone Spd but I can't particularly think of anyone who wants Hone Spd 3?

Edited by mcsilas

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

I wonder which armour wants Wary Fighter besides OG Hector? Would Eliwood particularly like it? (Not like I'll get spare Bold/Vengeful Fighter anytime soon..)

Oldschool Hector, you could go for the Omnibreaker build (Amads + QR seal + Wary Fighter). Enemies would be prevented from their follow-up, but Hector makes his follow-up anyway (Wary Fighter cancels only one of the QR effects, but not both). 

Haven't cleared story chapter yet, but I just used 160 orbs and got 2 Robins and Hardin.

Robins are +Spd -Res and +Hp -Atk, who should I keep? And is it better merging or using fodder for Vengeful Fighter/Ward Dragons?

Hardin is +Res -Def and he'll be running Iceber lol

2 hours ago, mcsilas said:

I summoned the wrong blue armour unit and got a 4* Effie instead of Hardin. Not +Atk so definite fodder.

Also I finally get a non -Atk Gaius. +Spd/-HP even. I know he's not exactly the greatest dagger unit but a good nature is pretty cool. Maybe I'll build him but not sure what weapon. @Zeo @Cute Chao any suggestions?

Also have a -Spd Eirika to fodder off Hone Spd but I can't particularly think of anyone who wants Hone Spd 3?

I have to admit, I suck at knowing the best weapons, etc.

My Gaius stuck with his default weapon for now, and I refined it, but I don't use him like Zeo uses Matthew. He's mostly used as a bow lyn counter, since I gave him bow breaker ^.^

2 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Haven't cleared story chapter yet, but I just used 160 orbs and got 2 Robins and Hardin.

Robins are +Spd -Res and +Hp -Atk, who should I keep? And is it better merging or using fodder for Vengeful Fighter/Ward Dragons?

Hardin is +Res -Def and he'll be running Iceber lol

For the two Robins, I’m leaning towards saying go +hp/-atk as it helps his bulk, and while it hurts his atk, he has one of the highest atk stats in the game, so it shouldn’t hurt him much. Unless it turns out he has a super bane in atk, and which case, don’t listen to me

16 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

And is it better merging or using fodder for Vengeful Fighter/Ward Dragons?

my experience is that if you are unsure about which skill you should fodder you should wait for a while until you get a unit whom you desire the skill.
There is always a chance that another unit with the skill appears. 

In my case I used him as Vengeful Fighter fodder, but only because I wanted the skill for Wendy since Christmas banner to improve her and I value Vengeful fighter more. So it's not only a question about which skill is better, but which you want for a certain unit. If you need to think about it, it may be better to hold off for now. 

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I wonder if the story point that makes Laegjarn defect will be Surtr ordering Laevantein to set herself ablaze, destroying her soul.

I could see Surtr trying something in that vein, but I really don't think they'll actually kill Laevatein.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Whats a little resurrection magic?

I mean, I'm used to resurrection magic requiring the soul to survive.

Although I guess we have one exception right here in this banner?

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

I mean, I'm used to resurrection magic requiring the soul to survive.

Although I guess we have one exception right here in this banner?

Well if quintessence = what souls are made of, then Ninian shouldn't have been revivable either, since Nergal explicitly says he took her quintessence (well her "essence", at the least the Dragonstone, maybe the quintessence too) after her death.

...Which actually gives me a rather neat idea- Arisen Heroes! Heroes who "fell" to their deaths, and then came back to life. Featuring non-Breath Ninian with a "Super Fimbulvetr" "tome" like the spell she used to kill two Fire Dragons and injure a third, Forseti!Lewyn (but we need  the Gen 1 real self first), and we can tack on either Emmeryn (impaired language abilities her- as distinct from Exalt Emm before the fall) or Walhart back from the grave, and for the fourth... Nagi?

Okay, maybe the idea wasn't so good. But I'm sure IS could rig an idea out of this. Frey (who survived torture that brought him near death), Elffin (nearly died of poison), and Renning (nearly lost his mind in full) would be other loose options for such a theme. 

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well if quintessence = what souls are made of, then Ninian shouldn't have been revivable either, since Nergal explicitly says he took her quintessence (well her "essence", at the least the Dragonstone, maybe the quintessence too) after her death.

...Which actually gives me a rather neat idea- Arisen Heroes! Heroes who "fell" to their deaths, and then came back to life. Featuring non-Breath Ninian with a "Super Fimbulvetr" "tome" like the spell she used to kill two Fire Dragons and injure a third, Forseti!Lewyn (but we need  the Gen 1 real self first), and we can tack on either Emmeryn (impaired language abilities her- as distinct from Exalt Emm before the fall) or Walhart back from the grave, and for the fourth... Nagi?

Okay, maybe the idea wasn't so good. But I'm sure IS could rig an idea out of this. Frey (who survived torture that brought him near death), Elffin (nearly died of poison), and Renning (nearly lost his mind in full) would be other loose options for such a theme. 

In that case we'd rather have Bertram imo.

Seems my Grima is -HP, +Spd. Bleh. Could be worse, though. Funnily enough, it's the same as my Myrrh, who it's about equally good for.

8 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

In that case we'd rather have Bertram imo.

Yeah, Bertram would be a cool future Fallen Hero.

23 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah, Bertram would be a cool future Fallen Hero.

He was shortchanged in PoR in plot appearances in PoR, he's only in the chapter you fight him, a bit of a shame. Thanks to his personality, background, and the fact he rides a horse, I've always liked to imagine him as a literal Four Rider- of the Apocalypse- since that it's the happy Book of Revelation where that term comes from. Death personified on horseback, relentlessly cutting down the slightest of Crimean resistance to Ashnard's rule with the slighest effort.

His boss loadout has a Runesword and a Spear. Given his true self is a Gold Knight (Sword) who has a saber drawn in his official art, probably the Runesword ("Rider Runesword" if they want to make it distinct from Nanna's Runesword). He also has Daunt as a boss, which means they could consider giving him a debuff skill in Heroes. Daunt in PoR is enemy exclusive, and shared exclusively by Petrine, Bertram, Bryce, and Ashnard; three of the Mad King's Four Riders and himself, I believe that makes it worthy for inclusion in some way.

And speaking of the Runesword, if they don't want to attach a heal effect to it, just lower of Def/Res targeting and maybe DC, perhaps give it something like "If this unit triggers Daytime/Noontime/Sol while this weapon is equipped, Daytime/Noontime/Sol attacks will deal 50% more damage". Not to make the Runesword too good or anything. I'm just thinking weapons that add new effects to old Specials could be something worth toying with. Perhaps a weapon that adds the Gravity effect to a Chilling Wind/Iceberg/Glacies trigger.

And this just reminds me, Hardin doesn't have Darksphere as a skill. I thought they had something going for them back when they gave Arvis Recover Ring and Arden Followup Ring. Darksphere as some form of exclusive defensive skill (yes I see he has Brazen Def/Res and Vengeance- the latter reflecting his all consuming negative emotions that the Darksphere captured him by) could have been a distinctive little trait for him. Not asking for it to be broken, but that the same time- when FEH will end up having hundreds of characters in the long run, not everyone needs to be absolutely balanced- Pokemon doesn't, some are just there for creativity and variety's sake, and I think that's fine.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

He was shortchanged in PoR in plot appearances in PoR, he's only in the chapter you fight him, a bit of a shame. Thanks to his personality, background, and the fact he rides a horse, I've always liked to imagine him as a literal Four Rider- of the Apocalypse- since that it's the happy Book of Revelation where that term comes from. Death personified on horseback, relentlessly cutting down the slightest of Crimean resistance to Ashnard's rule with the slighest effort.

His boss loadout has a Runesword and a Spear. Given his true self is a Gold Knight (Sword) who has a saber drawn in his official art, probably the Runesword ("Rider Runesword" if they want to make it distinct from Nanna's Runesword). He also has Daunt as a boss, which means they could consider giving him a debuff skill in Heroes.

And this just reminds me, Hardin doesn't have Darksphere as a skill. I thought they had something going for them back when they gave Arvis Recover Ring and Arden Followup Ring. Darksphere as some form of exclusive defensive skill (yes I see he has Brazen Def/Res and Vengeance- the latter reflecting his all consuming negative emotions that the Darksphere captured him by) could have been a distinctive little trait for him. Not asking for it to be broken, but that the same time- when FEH will end up having hundreds of characters in the long run, not everyone needs to be absolutely balanced- Pokemon doesn't, some are just there for creativity and variety's sake, and I think that's fine.

Now that you mention it, we haven't been getting many non-weapon exclusive skills lately. After BK, we got Ayra/Arvis/Arden, then Fjorm/Gunnthra, then Micaiah/Zelgius, but all we've gotten since then is Radiant Aether, which is just Aether with less cooldown. I think they're a pretty neat way of differentiating characters, and both Hardin and Grima seem like characters who would earn one, especially Hardin since he's using an existing weapon like Zelgius and Legendary Ike.

Bertram can have Runesword or Dark Runesword as his signature weapon. This reminds me that Nosferatu has not been introduced in the game since Sol is what Nosferatu does.

That said, Runesword can have built-in Distant Counter dealing physical damage at 1 range and magical damage when countering 2 range.

Sol as his Special or a new Sol named White Sol in contrast of Black Luna, that recover 80% HP of damage dealt.

Regarding skills, some of them that suit him are Death Blow, Fury, Life and Death, Heavy Blade, Wrath, Desperation, Threaten (stat), (stat/panic) Ploy or a mix of them.

Thinking about the villains:

Laegjarn being a sword user like Laevatein is a bit odd, since if they try to avoid color/element redundancy, that means they probably won't both be available as Fire legendary heroes anytime soon. Of course, who knows if they're planning anything like that, and even if they both get released as legendary heroes, one could be a different element, like Gunnthra.

Hmm, now that I think about it, did the "Fjorm" boss in the previous TT have a Water hero designation? If not, that'd be a precedent for adding legendary hero designations to playable versions of units like Laegjarn and Laevatein after facing them as bosses without it.

One way or another, if Laegjarn ever gets released, she'll fit nicely into my Team Flying Death Princesses. Turning Hone/Fortify Fliers into +18 to everything would be... actually kind of absurd. Hmm. Maybe she shouldn't be playable.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

Laegjarn being a sword user like Laevatein is a bit odd, since if they try to avoid color/element redundancy, that means they probably won't both be available as Fire legendary heroes anytime soon.

I never expected Laevantein to be a legendary of Fire.
No, I really didn’t.