Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Ok, has anyone else noticed that when doing Training Tower maps there will be two of the same enemy on the map like really frequently. Different skills but the same character. I don't ever remember this occurring until one of the updates a few months back. Was it like this from day 1?

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

I would love that. There are plenty of maps that would benefit, or would have benefited from uninterrupted music. The Takumi GHB, for example. The final map for whatever TT had Sonya as the boss. Probably more that I'm forgetting.

@Zangetsu yes definitely. Even gave feedback... they gave us Tap Battle instead haha

Also the Rival Domains sometimes has TT final map music. I remember it playing the first Echoess TT final map song with the enemy Celica- the Sacrifice and the Saint 

38 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Ok, has anyone else noticed that when doing Training Tower maps there will be two of the same enemy on the map like really frequently. Different skills but the same character. I don't ever remember this occurring until one of the updates a few months back. Was it like this from day 1?

Well, the 10th stratum always makes sure that the unit types match up with the story map it is using (like if it's Zephiel and Narcian's map from Book I Ch. 9, the enemy composition will always be three armors, an infantry staff and a flier) so if it's a map that had multiple armors, tome cavs or troubadours, odds are pretty good you'll get dups of a hero.

5 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Anyone got any clue why Ike is in the counter skills banner?

He has distant counter built in his weapon. Plus the other units that have counters as a skill are seasonal and thus a no-go, thus a different rep was needed.

Edited by SilvertheShadow

What a nice banner! It's been a while since normal Hector was on a banner. I got lucky to got him on 5 orbs for Sheena, now my dreams of getting that Tactics team for Eirika are one step closer of becoming a reality.

Welp. I asked IS to give Clarisse a new weapon as well as giving justification for it. I doubt they'll give her anything, but a man can dream.

1 hour ago, Hawk King said:

Sort of? I haven't really been paying attention

1 hour ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I kinda like the enemy phase music. Am I the only one? :(

Really, what do you like about it? Admittedly the Tap Dungeon version sounds catchy

@mcsilas Well at least we got a mode that doesn't cost stamina.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Implying green stones decide to appear.

People been having problems getting green orbs, but not very often the case for me: 2 circles already and three green stones, two Freddies and a Fae. It's already above expectations (admittedly very low ones). I stupidly took a colorless as well for Takumi but then realized how dumb that is with my limited supply, though I will take a colorless one if there is no greens, like in your theoretical scenario. And screw Ike, lol.

28 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Implying green stones decide to appear.

My final summoning session had 4 green orbs...

Which baited me so hard and my orbs disappeared with no Hector :(

At least they're all 4 stars. Oh and I got my first Sothe! +Spd although -Atk RIP lol

I did get Ike in my first session though- although on my final orb. Neutral, which I'll take. Glad I actually did a full pull but I should have stopped there lol.

A +Res, -Spd Gordin showed up and now I'm wondering about the practicality of him tanking magic with Guard Bow and some Distant Def 3 stacks. Probably not a good idea since he'd be running mainly on his high HP while other archers run on their raw resistance or in Faye's case, high HP and high defenses. Man, I really wish Faye showed up as +Def, -Spd instead of +Def, -Atk so that she could have a bit more attack. Still bulky, though.

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Oh and I got my first Sothe! +Spd although -Atk RIP lol

Hey, you got a ++Atk, -HP Gaius with a personal Rogue-Smoke Dagger and default access to L&D3.

5 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Hey, you got a ++Atk, -HP Gaius with a personal Rogue-Smoke Dagger and default access to L&D3.

Fixed that for you. Grey L&D3 is also called Jaffar sometimes. Not that it matters much.

Got bored today so I did the following: 

• Wasted all orbs I wanted to save for Cordelia on Ike (Celica showed up instead ... another time)
  • Used  20k feathers I wanted to save for Cordelia merges on Felicia
  • Used 200 dew I had no reason to save up on Felicia
  • Training Felicia (in progress)
  • Find useful build for Felicia (in progress)

So sniping Greens I got...Tacomeme xd. I hate those summoning sesions without the color you want. 

In fact, I don't remember the last time I sniped a different colour than green. Maybe in the Xmas banner for Winter Tharja? Since then, I've 4*+10'ed Cecilia and Cherche, and have 4*+9 Merric (a 5* appeared, so he even has Excalibur), 4*+8 Beruka, 4*+5 Bartre and 4*+4 Boey. At least I got a few chickens since I needed a lot of Renewal 3 fodder

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Got bored today so I did the following: 

• Wasted all orbs I wanted to save for Cordelia on Ike (Celica showed up instead ... another time)
  • Used  20k feathers I wanted to save for Cordelia merges on Felicia
  • Used 200 dew I had no reason to save up on Felicia
  • Training Felicia (in progress)
  • Find useful build for Felicia (in progress)

I hope you find her fun! I'm still looking for a +Spd/-Def one first though.

I remember getting absolutely destroyed by her in arena as she murdered my armours with low Res stats!

@mcsilas She is fun indeed! Best decisions in a while to promote her and Caeda.

Her nature is +ATK/-HP, I don't think she needs +SPD for PvE content. I'm not sure what build to give her, perhaps Fury/Desperation? 

Caeda could become her team mate, the other two spots remain open though. Hinoka perhaps, but I'm not going to give her the refinement anytime soon. 

Edited by mampfoid

8 hours ago, Hawk King said:

I think I have, actually.

I've run into two Sonyas and two Eliwoods (on separate maps for both doubles) today, which seems odd since there are more units than ever the game can choose from...

I've had it happen a fair few times recently, but can't say when it started.

4 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I think I have, actually.

I've run into two Sonyas and two Eliwoods (on separate maps for both doubles) today, which seems odd since there are more units than ever the game can choose from...

I've had it happen a fair few times recently, but can't say when it started.

It's happened since the start I'm pretty certain.

One thing to consider is that different deployment slots on the maps may have specific deployments, so the "pool" might not be as large as you think.  For example, if the training tower generates a 1-4-3 (Big Ambush), all enemy deployments on that map are fliers.  1-9-2 (Nobility and Vanity) requires 3 armors, 1 flier, and 1 infantry (the infantry slot might be restricted even further to ranged or staves, but I haven't paid attention).  I'm pretty certain 1-7-2 (Two Noblemen) requires two armors and two cavalry (the armors in the upper left I'm sure of, not certain on the cavalry at the bottom).  On the other hand, 1-5-5 (Divine Dragon Princess) requires one flier and one infantry, but the rest can be anything (I think, I know I've seen cavalry and armor spawn in Tiki's fort, not sure about the last deployment slot).

If you only ever do the 9th and 10th floors regularly, it'd be more noticeable since those floors are restricted to character enemies only, and the Tower doesn't have a unique restriction like Tempest does.  If you never do the 9th or 10th floors, you'd never notice because 1-4 have all generics, and 5-8 have only a single character enemy with the rest generics.

37 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

It's happened since the start I'm pretty certain.

One thing to consider is that different deployment slots on the maps may have specific deployments, so the "pool" might not be as large as you think.  For example, if the training tower generates a 1-4-3 (Big Ambush), all enemy deployments on that map are fliers.  1-9-2 (Nobility and Vanity) requires 3 armors, 1 flier, and 1 infantry (the infantry slot might be restricted even further to ranged or staves, but I haven't paid attention).  I'm pretty certain 1-7-2 (Two Noblemen) requires two armors and two cavalry (the armors in the upper left I'm sure of, not certain on the cavalry at the bottom).  On the other hand, 1-5-5 (Divine Dragon Princess) requires one flier and one infantry, but the rest can be anything (I think, I know I've seen cavalry and armor spawn in Tiki's fort, not sure about the last deployment slot).

If you only ever do the 9th and 10th floors regularly, it'd be more noticeable since those floors are restricted to character enemies only, and the Tower doesn't have a unique restriction like Tempest does.  If you never do the 9th or 10th floors, you'd never notice because 1-4 have all generics, and 5-8 have only a single character enemy with the rest generics.

Aye, but I'm noticing it more frequently, despite the pool of available units being larger. Oddly, I haven't seen the armours repeat yet on that map... although I think they're still the smallest non-seasonal, non-ghb, non-tempest pool. I've had fliers, cavalry and even infantry, and when the infantry pool is as big as it is, it just seems funny to me. I know it'll all be random, but now it's been pointed out...

Oh well, it doesn't bother me who I face, so long as I my guys can smack them up :)