Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I'm officially out of refining stones, even my spare stock for Tikis refinement (for when I will finally promote her) is gone with F!Morgan and F!Robin getting their tomes refined. 

No Awakening maps tomorrow? That means nothing (except arena) until Thursday ... sigh. The countering skills banner doesn't count, since we won't get new maps/missions with it. 

Overall there are very few quests (3) on the schedule. That's strange to me, since it seems to be content which is producible easily (like banners with existing units). 

Edited by mampfoid
Typo

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

I'm officially out of refining stones, even my spare stock for Tikis refinement (for when I will finally promote her) is gone with F!Morgan and F!Robin getting their tomes refined. 

No Awakening maps tomorrow? That means nothing (except arena) until Thursday ... sigh. The countering skills banner doesn't count, since we won't get new maps/missions with it. 

Overall there are very few quests (3) on the schedule. That's strange to me, since it seems to be content which is producible easily (like banners with existing units). 

Three may not seem like much, but it seems to be the same number as last calendar. Plus, there's implicit quests for the TT, Voting Gauntlet, Illusory Dungeon, two main banners, and two BHB revivals.

7 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Soon.

image.png

(Hopefully. Please Seliph pity break me.)

All must Seliphs must be going to you, because he hasn't pity broken me in what seems like months now.  My Seliph is sitting at +7, and has been there for a while.  I wish Divine Dew wasn't such a precious commodity, or I'd actually upgrade his weapon and try to SI him out.

I hope one of the banners coming up gives me an excuse to pull on Blues some more.  Just 4 more Rachels for me, plus Subakis are always welcome for QR.

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

That's pretty crazy. And here I am sitting here with 257 refining stones after the arena and some of the few refinements I've done have felt like a waste. What do you spend them refining? I've refined only a couple of weapons and promoted two.

@mcsilas @Hilda @Johann @Rafiel's Aria @Fei Mao @Kaden @Vaximillian @Cute Chao @Hawk King...OH MY GOD I JUST REALIZED THE PERFECT PRF WEAPON FOR MATTHEW!!!!!!!!!! If he were to get a prf, this is what I would want.

Leila's Keepsake - 14 MT / Range = 2 

After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts Def/Res-7 on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions, and grants Def/Res+7 to unit and allies within 2 spaces for 1 turn. Refine: HP +3, During combat, foe's damage is calculated using the higher of unit's DEF/RES.

With this weapon he loses the option of boosting any specific stats (most prominently SPD) through normal refinement but he gets a bigger Rogue Dagger+ oriented buff, a 2 ATK jump and now everyone is more or less going to target his DEF stat except for Dragons since their effect and his effect would cancel eachother out and they'd enter combat normally and still target his RES.

17 minutes ago, Zeo said:

After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts Def/Res-7 on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions, and grants Def/Res+7 to unit and allies within 2 spaces for 1 turn. Refine: HP +3, During combat, foe's damage is calculated using the higher of unit's DEF/RES.

With this weapon he loses the option of boosting any specific stats (most prominently SPD) through normal refinement but he gets a bigger Rogue Dagger+ oriented buff, a 2 ATK jump and now everyone is more or less going to target his DEF stat except for Dragons since their effect and his effect would cancel eachother out and they'd enter combat normally and still target his RES.

Makes me want Leila in the game more now than ever. This is pretty interesting though. Would that mean that -RES is now a better option for a bane since enemies would pretty much always ATK his DEF? With the exception of manaketes who would probably always ATK his RES anyways. 

22 minutes ago, Zeo said:

That's pretty crazy. And here I am sitting here with 257 refining stones after the arena and some of the few refinements I've done have felt like a waste. What do you spend them refining? I've refined only a couple of weapons and promoted two.

@mcsilas @Hilda @Johann @Rafiel's Aria @Fei Mao @Kaden @Vaximillian @Cute Chao @Hawk King...OH MY GOD I JUST REALIZED THE PERFECT PRF WEAPON FOR MATTHEW!!!!!!!!!! If he were to get a prf, this is what I would want.

19 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Just add Leila instead. Her getting a sprite in FE7 and stats and everything was a damn nasty tease.

You know, it's pretty insensitive to recommend that Matthew wield Leila's corpse instead of her keepsake.

5 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Makes me want Leila in the game more now than ever. This is pretty interesting though. Would that mean that -RES is now a better option for a bane since enemies would pretty much always ATK his DEF? With the exception of manaketes who would probably always ATK his RES anyways. 

RES would undoubtedly be the best bane at that point. I could have broken the weapon and made the buff/debuff apply to ATK/DEF instead of DEF/RES but that would have probably been overkill. Then he could run basically anything he wanted in his B, C and Seal slots since he wouldn't need Seal ATK or ATK Smoke. Making for some really nasty potential builds. Plus it'd make him weaker vs Dragons so there's that.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

You know, it's pretty insensitive to recommend that Matthew wield Leila's corpse instead of her keepsake.

THE SHADE.

The prospect of Leila is cool but it bothers me somewhat as I feel like for one reason or another she would directly powercreep Matthew and specifically Matthew.

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

RES would undoubtedly be the best bane at that point. I could have broken the weapon and made the buff/debuff apply to ATK/DEF instead of DEF/RES but that would have probably been overkill. Then he could run basically anything he wanted in his B, C and Seal slots since he wouldn't need Seal ATK or ATK Smoke. Making for some really nasty potential builds. Plus it'd make him weaker vs Dragons so there's that.

THE SHADE.

The prospect of Leila is cool but it bothers me somewhat as I feel like for one reason or another she would directly powercreep Matthew and specifically Matthew.

Maybe she can be a Res version of Matthew? since obviously a low Atk Jaffar is enough for her

@VaximillianYou know, Leila actually sort of reminded me of Layla when you said that. She had a neat sprite design in Fates but for some reason that's all we see of her. I guess they want Azura to take the spotlight of the only dancer (err...singer) in Fates

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

What else did I expect? One must be especially careful with phrasing with The Rezzy around. Well played.

7 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Maybe she can be a Res version of Matthew? since obviously a low Atk Jaffar is enough for her

MORE SHADE!

That's more or less Felicia already though. Since the launch of the game they've released superior offensive daggers, chippers and magic tanks. The only type of dagger we haven't seen is a physical/mixed tank. If you want one of those you have to run Matt, Saizo or Jakob. That leads me to think they'd opt for one of that type if we aren't just going to keep powercreeping offensive daggers forever. CYL Celica will probably be a dagger now that I remember it.

Still, Leila having something neat like a 50% damage reduction on the first hit of 1 range units would be neat or something like that.

Edited by Zeo

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

What else did I expect? One must be especially careful with phrasing with The Rezzy around. Well played.

Why thank you.  I'm happy to see I bear the definite article now.

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Still, Leila having something neat like a 50% damage reduction on the first hit of 1 range units would be neat or something like that.

Because 50% reduction is fair and balanced. No thanks, there is a reason why Thani and Parthia only have 30%.

Divine Tyrfing’s 50% is broken.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Why thank you.  I'm happy to see I bear the definite article now.

The definite article for The Rezzy. Only fair.

5 minutes ago, Zeo said:

MORE SHADE!

That's more or less Felicia already though. Since the launch of the game they've released superior offensive daggers, chippers and magic tanks. The only type of dagger we haven't seen is a physical/mixed tank. If you want one of those you have to run Matt, Saizo or Jakob. That leads me to think they'd opt for one of that type if we aren't just going to keep powercreeping offensive daggers forever. CYL Celica will probably be a dagger now that I remember it.

Well maybe not as low Def as Felicia, although she'd have to have a good weapon to not be overshadowed by Felicia's Plate.

Although  guess if Leila herself had Leila's Dagger that at least could be interesting

I could see Leila getting added eventually, but more down the road, we still need most of the playable cast, like Fiora, Kent, Erk, and Canas, among others.

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I could see Leila getting added eventually, but more down the road, we still need most of the playable cast, like Fiora, Kent, Erk, and Canas, among others.

Erk pls. Priscilla’s only happy ending (and thus only “canon” pairing for me) must be in the game already.

While Leila was never playable in FE7, apparently her growth rates were really good in HP and Attack, with alright Res. This could mean she could be a more offensive version of Felicia, which could be interesting (and quite the opposite of her partner).

Then again, this is the same IS who turned Mathilda from an offensive juggernaut into a mediocre Res tank for whatever reason, so anything can happen. 

17 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

While Leila was never playable in FE7, apparently her growth rates were really good in HP and Attack, with alright Res. This could mean she could be a more offensive version of Felicia, which could be interesting (and quite the opposite of her partner).

Then again, this is the same IS who turned Mathilda from an offensive juggernaut into a mediocre Res tank for whatever reason, so anything can happen. 

Argh yeah, poor Mathilda :(

Actually, all the lance cavaliers in the Echoes era are kind of meh, base-kit wise. Clive was pretty mediocre and Berkut could've been better and is now more known for his weapon than himself.

I mean this was probably the time IS started to 'balance' Horse Emblem by adding Horse-effective weapons (except for axes...which the Poleaxe arrives just now in the upcoming TT), and making more mediocre horses.

Now that i've finished upgrading all 3*-4* units to 5*, i can now work on merge projects. I'm just not sure who to start working on first. I'm leaning towards M!Robin as he's been rather crutch in dealing with pesky bow/dagger users and he's +ATK/-HP. I've also got Titanias stashed away and GHB units built up.

42 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Because 50% reduction is fair and balanced. No thanks, there is a reason why Thani and Parthia only have 30%.

Divine Tyrfing’s 50% is broken.

It wouldn't really be all that bad. This is 1 range reduction on a unit that not only probably has middling to mediocre defenses, but can't retaliate either. The only reason CC works on Matt is because he has moderate bulk and Rogue Dagger+ makes him dumb.

40 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Going to go ahead and shoot for Erk. Just demote him, we need more NOT exclusive red mages.

42 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Well maybe not as low Def as Felicia, although she'd have to have a good weapon to not be overshadowed by Felicia's Plate.

Although  guess if Leila herself had Leila's Dagger that at least could be interesting

If Leila had her dagger she would basically make Matthew irrelevant. Even if he himself got access to the dagger too (IE. Rein/Olwen) because she likely will have boosted BST and a more optimized spread. All she needs is a RES stat that's higher than Matt's DEF and she immediately outclasses him. I'd use them both though, I admit. I'd pull for Leila.

You guys are making me want to build a Leila now. Hm.

3 minutes ago, Zeo said:

It wouldn't really be all that bad. This is 1 range reduction on a unit that not only probably has middling to mediocre defenses, but can't retaliate either.

Sigurd has mediocre Res but that doesn’t stop him from being obnoxious because 50% is that stupid.

21 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Sigurd has mediocre Res but that doesn’t stop him from being obnoxious because 50% is that stupid.

It really just makes him annoying. It's hardly gamebreaking. I'd prefer to deal with a Sigurd than to deal with a Brave Roy, Xander or Siegbert. Honestly I think that was just IS's way of making a red unit that could survive Rein. I 100% believe that was their sole intention with his creation. That and for the irony of the fact that Arvis can't kill him in this game.

Oh... and yeah, couldn't resist guys @mcsilas @mampfoid @Rafiel's Aria

WI30ZO5.png

Stats: HP: 35 / ATK: 28 / SPD: 35 / DEF: 19 / RES: 33 | BST = 150

Weapon: Leila's Dagger - MT - 14 / Range - 2:

After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts Atk/Res-7 on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions, and grants Atk/Res+7 to unit and allies within 2 spaces for 1 turn. During combat, foe's damage is calculated using the higher of unit's DEF/RES.

• Atk/Res Bond 3
  • Thief's Ward: During combat, if foe's range = 1 unit recieves 50% less damage from the first attack. (Inheritable to Matthew and Leila only)
  • Dagger Valor 3
Edited by Zeo

16 minutes ago, Zeo said:

It really just makes him annoying. It's hardly gamebreaking. I'd prefer to deal with a Sigurd than to deal with a Brave Roy, Xander or Siegbert. Honestly I think that was just IS's way of making a red unit that could survive Rein. I 100% believe that was their sole intention with his creation. That and for the irony of the fact that Arvis can't kill him in this game.

Oh... and yeah, couldn't resist guys @mcsilas @mampfoid @Rafiel's Aria

WI30ZO5.png

Stats: HP: 35 / ATK: 28 / SPD: 35 / DEF: 19 / RES: 33 | BST = 150

Weapon: Leila's Dagger - MT - 14 / Range - 2:

After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts Atk/Res-7 on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions, and grants Atk/Res+7 to unit and allies within 2 spaces for 1 turn. During combat, foe's damage is calculated using the higher of unit's DEF/RES.

• Atk/Res Bond 3
  • Thief's Ward: During combat, if foe's range = 1 unit recieves 50% less damage from the first attack. (Inheritable to Matthew and Leila only)
  • Dagger Valor 3

That's pretty sweet. I'd definitely use her. A potential for like...+12 RES with her ATK/RES Bond and dagger buff would be pretty scary. And that's before something like...Distant Defense seal. It is a bummer that she and Matthew share a color otherwise I'd use them on the same team.