Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Concerning who may drop, all I know is that Chrom is a lock for remaining 5*. :P

I’d prefer F!Morgan to drop (especially after getting her with crappy IVs), but she carries a lot of the tropes of a 5* locked character having a full kit of good skills, and a rather rare class that was previously exclusive in season banners. We’ve learned that having a legendary weapon doesn’t mean much after Sothe and L’Arachel stepped down, so I’m leaning towards her male counterpart.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Dopey Bow: 14 Mt. Unit cannot perform a follow-up attack. Foe cannot counterattack. If unit attacked in combat, unit falls into a pitfall and cannot perform actions or be targeted until an ally uses Draw Back on unit.

EDIT:

Unique refine: When unit is stuck in a pitfall, unit has Obstruct with no HP requirement.

The Pass meta begins... :p

So, I checked and Setsuna does have her own bow, Setsuna's Yumi, in Fates. It would basically be the opposite of Clarisse's Bow where it debuffed defense and resistance instead of attack and speed. The wikia says it does -4 Skl/Def/Res while the wiki says it does -4 Skl/Spd/Def. I guess it could work, but it would basically be a glorified Silver Dagger+ which doesn't seem that useful compared to Assassin's Bow's Daggerbreaker EX and Guard Bow's Distant Def 3 and that there's an entire class of units who naturally debuff defense and resistance.

6 hours ago, r_n said:

Speaking of I wonder when they'll ever get around to giving us another archer. Assuming they dont get another personal weapon, I expect they'd have Guard Bow.

Then again after Rhajat finally gave us Keen Gronwolf I expect them to add Keen Blarwolf but instead we got an...entirely new generic tome for some reason???

*sigh* i just wish they'd have a nice big batch of riff raff to help add more generic weapons to the pool....maybe for the second anniversary : (

Yeah, I've been wondering that, but then again, there are a bunch of weapon types and skills that aren't infinitely obtainable or at all. Case in point: axe units finally get an anti-cavalry weapon, but it's locked to two uses for inheritance and costs you the third playable axe flier to be introduced into the game. I just realized that no new axe flier has been introduced as a summonable unit. Every axe flier was either in the game in the beginning: Beruka, Camilla, Cherche, and Minerva, or was made playable through certain events: Narcian, Michalis, and Gerome. At least there are more axe fliers being introduced. Meanwhile, axe cavalry and healers.

Okay, dumb idea I had about Owain. What if Owain showed up with a similar stat spread as his Odin self, so something like 47 HP, 24 Atk, 37 Spd, 26 Def, and 26 Res, but Missiletainn had this as its effect: "If unit's Special cooldown = 2, unit's Special activates with every hit"? So, Escutcheon, Glimmer, Moonbow, Noontime, Reprisal, and Sacred Cowl would all activate on every hit. It would only be limited to those specials, any special with a 2 cooldown, so nothing like Infantry Pulsed Luna or whatever.

The dumb idea comes from wondering how to let Owain activate as specials as much as possible as it would be fitting for Owain to announce every attack he makes. And that led to "What if Owain could activate a 2 cooldown special with every hit?" He'd easily be able to abuse Shield Pulse and Wrath with Missiletainn and it would be stupidly fun and annoying to see him activate a special with every hit.

Edit: And so it dawned on me that Owain with that stupid idea for Missiletainn could combine Sacred Cowl, Distant Counter, Shield Pulse, and a Distant Def 3 seal possibly to a terrifying degree. Maybe this was a very bad idea... :p

Edited by Kaden

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Erm, what?

I even took a screenshot, that makes two times miss-reading it, wow. Would have been funny though... now I'm going back to bed. 

Edited by mampfoid

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

I even took a screenshot, that makes it two times miss-reading it, wow. Would have been funny though... now I'm going back to bed. 

That’s one advantage to having the daily reset at 2 PM: you’re (usually) (mostly) awake to comprehend stuff.

3 hours ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Concerning who may drop, all I know is that Chrom is a lock for remaining 5*. :P

I’d prefer F!Morgan to drop (especially after getting her with crappy IVs), but she carries a lot of the tropes of a 5* locked character having a full kit of good skills, and a rather rare class that was previously exclusive in season banners. We’ve learned that having a legendary weapon doesn’t mean much after Sothe and L’Arachel stepped down, so I’m leaning towards her male counterpart.

not sure if even one drops. The fallen heroes battle had noone fall to 4star rarity right?

So the Garden is basicly just a rehash of olde maps you clear with blessed units for rewards... I was hopeing for more ._.

Edited by Hilda

4 hours ago, Hilda said:

not sure if even one drops. The fallen heroes battle had noone fall to 4star rarity right?

Yes, but that’s probably a rare exception similar to how the Brave and Farfetched Heroes has no drops. I think it helps that this is based around a specific game, which is Awakening in this case, as opposed to various ones such as the Fallen Heroes. When we had such specific banners, there was always a drop so keep that in mind.

Also, is it weird that Soren’s Wind Brand animation has no sound whatsoever? It’s so awkwardly quiet.

4 hours ago, Hilda said:

So the Garden is basicly just a rehash of olde maps you clear with blessed units for rewards... I was hopeing for more ._.

So much ado (hype) for nothing indeed. I was pretty disappointed when I saw the maps were the same paralogue chapters we’ve all cleared ages ago. Up to nine times already.

At least the rewards are generous.

1 minute ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Also, is it weird that Soren’s Wind Brand animation has no sound whatsoever? It’s so awkwardly quiet.

Looks like a bug. Zelgius lacking his sword was eventually fixed, now we’ll have to wait for a fix to Wind’s Brand.

11 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Looks like a bug. Zelgius lacking his sword was eventually fixed, now we’ll have to wait for a fix to Wind’s Brand.

I actually believe it’s more of an oversight than a legitimate bug. They probably didn’t care enough about giving the tome a unique sound at the time. Hopefully it gets one next update though.

The Blessed Gardens are continuing the way I expected, but an odd detail is that we should keep getting Blessed Gardens maps faster than Paralogue maps. So at this rate, we'll run out eventually.

However, if we include main story maps, the rate is fine. They've skipped over chapters later added to Book 1 (10 and 11 so far), but perhaps they'll start including Book 2 maps once we get that far?

In one of the picture in the "Tips for Rival Domains", there are two enemies standing in one spot. I was looking at it for the longest time thinking "how the hell is the displayed enemy range that much with those enemies on the map. Turns out there is a Bow Cavalier behind Seth.

Makes me wonder if it could be an unreleased unit that they just covered up with a sprite of Seth or if it is Brave Lyn. It doesn't really look too much like her, but it is really hard to tell.

33 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

In one of the picture in the "Tips for Rival Domains", there are two enemies standing in one spot. I was looking at it for the longest time thinking "how the hell is the displayed enemy range that much with those enemies on the map. Turns out there is a Bow Cavalier behind Seth.

Makes me wonder if it could be an unreleased unit that they just covered up with a sprite of Seth or if it is Brave Lyn. It doesn't really look too much like her, but it is really hard to tell.

Good catch, looks like a new unit. See the bit of grey below the back of Seth's hair? There's nothing like that in either his sprite or Lyn's. Also, the bow cavalier has a special cooldown of 2, which an enemy Lyn wouldn't have without getting into combat first. Roy wouldn't fix those issues, either.

tumblr_p5fhr825se1sn35pqo1_1280.png

Edited by Othin

12 minutes ago, Othin said:

Good catch, looks like a new unit. See the bit of grey below the back of Seth's hair? There's nothing like that in either his sprite or Lyn's. Also, the bow cavalier has a special cooldown of 2, which an enemy Lyn wouldn't have without getting into combat first. Roy wouldn't fix those issues, either.

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_p5fhr825se1sn35pqo1_1280.png

Ya know, looking at it some more, they aren't even on one tile! They are in between two tiles. Notice the distance between them and Peri. The enemy range says that they, or at least the Bow Cavalry is on the tile adjacent to Peri. Ok, this is really weird. I wonder if they do stuff like this on purpose?

2 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Ya know, looking at it some more, they aren't even on one tile! They are in between two tiles. Notice the distance between them and Peri. The enemy range says that they, or at least the Bow Cavalry is on the tile adjacent to Peri. Ok, this is really weird. I wonder if they do stuff like this on purpose?

The placement half-way between tiles is weird but the range matches up with an infantry bow unit

2 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Strange. Perhaps it's showing them in the middle of moving to attack Xander? Although that's yet another "why would they do that" question.

Yep, that’s someone new, as it doesn’t match Lyn’s bow at all, and from what I can see the hair looks more grayish, possibly blonde. I’d say this could be a legendary hero, but since the next one is likely the colorless dragon, I’m stuck. On top of that, I can’t think of any bow cavs with gray hair like that.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

Strange. Perhaps it's showing them in the middle of moving to attack Xander? Although that's yet another "why would they do that" question.

The actual tile could also be below the throne as they would still be able to warp to the fort to achieve that attack range, but then I think the angle would be a little bit different on their way to attack Xander. Either way that Seth is obviously just placed their to cover them up. It clearly is not Brave Lyn because she holds her bow at a different angle, and it is shaped differently. LA!Roy's is completely different too.

The HP looks like it either begins with a 2 or possibly a 5.

4 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Yep, that’s someone new, as it doesn’t match Lyn’s bow at all, and from what I can see the hair looks more grayish, possibly blonde. I’d say this could be a legendary hero, but since the next one is likely the colorless dragon, I’m stuck. On top of that, I can’t think of any bow cavs with gray hair like that.

Doesn't necessarily have to be the hair. Could be a collar or helmet or something. King Hayden from FE8 is the only gray haired bow horse I could possibly think of. Bow horses in general leave me at Rath, Wolf, and Sedgar. I am completely unfamiliar with FE 4 and 5 though

24 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

The placement half-way between tiles is weird but the range matches up with an infantry bow unit

If they're in the lower of the two titles, it suggests infantry. If they're in the upper one, it suggests cavalry. I can see them counting as being in the upper one but ending up displaying in-between while moving, but I don't know of any reason for them to count as being in the lower one while being there.

15 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I was going to suggest an upcoming seasonal unit, but those haven't been appearing in Rival Domains, right? (Also, a seasonal unit wouldn't have a Silver Bow.) The FE5 banner doesn't have an archer, and that seems like our next non-seasonal banner. So... I'm really confused.

Edit: Wait, the movement range is fine with them being infantry, isn't it?

Edited by Othin

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

If they're in the lower of the two titles, it suggests infantry. If they're in the upper one, it suggests cavalry. I can see them counting as being in the upper one but ending up displaying in-between while moving, but I don't know of any reason for them to count as being in the lower one while being there.

I double checked the range, an infantry bow unit in the upper spot would still have that attack range since Julia has the left side of the fortification tile covered, so there is nothing to say this is a cavalry unit, however them putting Seth over it means it probably is a new unit that we aren't supposed to see 

26 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm guessing the bow user just attacked Xander (the HP bar doesn't look full for the bow user and Xander lost some HP too) and Seth is in the process of swapping spaces with said bow user. It's probably just Virion being a big disappointment again.