Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

@Othin As much as I would want F!Morgan to drop to four stars, I’m leaning towards saying it’s M!Morgan. Watch it be that both Morgan’s drop to four stars

I'd be pretty surprised if Female morgan dropped considering she has 3 full skill sets. I don't think there's ever been a character with 3 skills who dropped...I mean I guess there's a first time for everything, but...

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

The Fallen Heroes banner looked similar enough to those two. Three characters with legendary weapons, two of which were clearly 5* exclusive and one which seemed like something they might go allow at 4* if the legendary weapon wasn't an issue. Celica certainly has a more intense skill set than the other two, but if the Fallen Heroes banner was replaced with a "normal" banner with characters functionally identical to the Fallen Heroes trio, I believe there would have been more people expecting Celica to drop, since the banner's special status fueled a lot of the speculation that they might all be 5* exclusives.

The problem is entirely with Celica's Chill Spd skill. Even if it were a character other than Celica, a character with both a powerful unique weapon and Chill Spd would make it a sure-fire 5-star exclusive. We've already seen this before with the implementation of Ploy, Smoke, and Tactic skills.

11 minutes ago, Othin said:

What's your prediction for the FE13 banner? My money's on m!Morgan dropping, personally.

I'm very much unsure between male and female Morgan. Male Morgan has an okay unique weapon, but Dull Ranged has the possibility of keeping him afloat on its own. Female Morgan has 5 skills by default with Blarserpent and her rare class being the biggest reasons to keep her exclusive.

8 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

@Othin As much as I would want F!Morgan to drop to four stars, I’m leaning towards saying it’s M!Morgan. Watch it be that both Morgan’s drop to four stars

Or Chrom just because he's Chrom. Though I would love for female Morgan to drop as unlikely as it is.

Okay, I guess this is the place to say it, since it's a general discussion thread and all. I just finished listening to all of E!Chrom's lines, refreshing the home screen to get all his quotes, got him to Lv 40 to see his 'confession'. And, well...

EXALTED CHROM IS A GIANT DORK AND I LOVE IT

Sorry. Sorry, I needed to get that out.

2 minutes ago, Reddazrael said:

Okay, I guess this is the place to say it, since it's a general discussion thread and all. I just finished listening to all of E!Chrom's lines, refreshing the home screen to get all his quotes, got him to Lv 40 to see his 'confession'. And, well...

EXALTED CHROM IS A GIANT DORK AND I LOVE IT

Sorry. Sorry, I needed to get that out.

All this talk about how Alt Chrom is all goofy is really weakening my resolve not to pull for him. I adore the more goofy characters and he just sounds so funny. 

...Plus he has one of my favourite vas. 

Urgh, staying strong for Finn... and for not getting a million Morgans...

@Cute Chao

"Don't worry. I took a lesson on mounted combat a few years ago."
"If you want to learn how to make friends with a horse, just ask Frederick. His best friend is a horse!"

~SPECIAL SKILL ACTIVATE~
"I'm being helpful!"
"Charging on ahead!"
"I can't stop this thing!"
"Horse and man as one!"

7 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Yeah, the way I see it, f!Morgan has two big points against dropping: she has three passives and she's a flying mage, two characteristics that have always been completely 5*-exclusive so far. Also, she's the only blue while m!Morgan is one of two reds, and on every three-character banner so far where two characters have shared a color, one of the two has dropped.

m!Morgan's points are his legendary weapon and his B-skill. The legendary weapon no longer seems like too big of a deal, but if he drops, it'd be the first time a banner had both a legendary weapon user drop and an inheritable weapon user stay.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The problem is entirely with Celica's Chill Spd skill. Even if it were a character other than Celica, a character with both a powerful unique weapon and Chill Spd would make it a sure-fire 5-star exclusive. We've already seen this before with the implementation of Ploy, Smoke, and Tactic skills.

I'm very much unsure between male and female Morgan. Male Morgan has an okay unique weapon, but Dull Ranged has the possibility of keeping him afloat on its own. Female Morgan has 5 skills by default with Blarserpent and her rare class being the biggest reasons to keep her exclusive.

Ploy, Smoke, and Tactic skills all started at 5* exclusive but eventually started showing up at lower rarities. I think the Chill skills will likely follow a similar trajectory, although I may be underestimating their power level. That does suggest that the first Chill skill user would probably be 5* exclusive, but I'm not convinced it'd be enough to suggest a break from the trend of fully normal banners all having at least one 4* drop, and it depends on whether or not we count Gunnthra.

Do you think there's much of a chance that all three characters on the banner will stay 5* exclusive? It looks to me like a pretty similar scenario to the Fallen Heroes banner, outside of the special "Fallen Heroes" designation, since Chill Speed and Dull Ranged make for pretty close parallels. If m!Morgan does make it to 4*, it'll be hard for me to imagine that Chill Speed immediately showing up at 4* would have been as outlandish as you say.

*puts tinhat on*
One other thing that speaks against F!Morgan is her Tome. While it is generic it has in-built Distant Defense, a skill that to this day remains at 5* exclusive despite being quite old (first appeared with Celica). Funny that they actually make an inheritable version of it first before making it more accessible.
*throws tinhat away*

19 minutes ago, Othin said:

Ploy, Smoke, and Tactic skills all started at 5* exclusive but eventually started showing up at lower rarities. I think the Chill skills will likely follow a similar trajectory, although I may be underestimating their power level. That does suggest that the first Chill skill user would probably be 5* exclusive, but I'm not convinced it'd be enough to suggest a break from the trend of fully normal banners all having at least one 4* drop, and it depends on whether or not we count Gunnthra.

Chilling Seal is uninheritable, so it wouldn't count. In general, it's good marketing to keep the new cool shiny thing hard to get for a while until you can get some data on how much demand there actually is for it.

Do you think there's much of a chance that all three characters on the banner will stay 5* exclusive?

There's certainly a possibility. I can see any of

• Male Morgan dropping to 4-star rarity
  • Female Morgan dropping to 4-star rarity
  • No one dropping to 4-star rarity

as very possible outcomes.

outside of the special "Fallen Heroes" designation

I don't see anything special about that. The only "designations" that officially matter are limited banners, which are specifically called out as limited, and CYL winners banners (I don't consider Farfetched Heroes to be a CYL banner).

since Chill Speed and Dull Ranged make for pretty close parallels. If m!Morgan does make it to 4*, it'll be hard for me to imagine that Chill Speed immediately showing up at 4* would have been as outlandish as you say.

10 minutes ago, r_n said:

Dull Ranged doesn't feel like THAT amazing a skill. I mean its pretty good, but, I don't know, doesn't seem on the level as other hot commodity B Skills

Hence why I say Dull Ranged has the possibility of keeping Morgan afloat rather than a lock. It's incredibly anti-meta, but it's also a very specific counter that shares its slot with other more generally usable skills.

Chill Spd, on the other hand, is a very generally usable skill that is powerful for player-phase teams. Why rely on Swordbreaker to double attack the fastest swords in the game when you can use Chill Spd on a different unit to drop the opponent's fast sword a full speed tier and a half.

If Chill Spd ever becomes available from a 4-star pull or I somehow get a 12th copy of Celica, you can pretty much bet that I'll put Chill Spd on Soleil or another Firesweeper.

12 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

*puts tinhat on*
One other thing that speaks against F!Morgan is her Tome. While it is generic it has in-built Distant Defense, a skill that to this day remains at 5* exclusive despite being quite old (first appeared with Celica). Funny that they actually make an inheritable version of it first before making it more accessible.
*throws tinhat away*

As a counterargument, Blarserpent's precursor is Guard Bow, which is available from Setsuna, who is a 3-star pull.

Edited by Ice Dragon

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Chilling Seal is uninheritable, so it wouldn't count. In general, it's good marketing to keep the new cool shiny thing hard to get for a while until you can get some data on how much demand there actually is for it.

Good point.

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I don't see anything special about that. The only "designations" that officially matter are limited banners, which are specifically called out as limited, and CYL winners banners (I don't consider Farfetched Heroes to be a CYL banner).

Would you say it's a coincidence that Farfetched Heroes and Fallen Heroes are so far the two "non-designated" New Heroes banners to not have any 4* drops? I certainly don't think it is. If we ever get future banners resembling Farfetched Heroes or Fallen Heroes, I'll expect all the units to stay 5* exclusive, whatever their skill sets turn out to be. Maybe for any New Heroes banner with "Heroes" in the title, tbh. (Does the naming similarity between Brave Heroes, Farfetched Heroes, and Fallen Heroes hold in Japanese?)

Edited by Othin

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Would you say it's a coincidence that Farfetched Heroes and Fallen Heroes are so far the two "non-designated" New Heroes banners to not have any 4* drops? I certainly don't think it is. If we ever get future banners resembling Farfetched Heroes or Fallen Heroes, I'll expect all the units to stay 5* exclusive, whatever their skill sets turn out to be. Maybe for any New Heroes banner with "Heroes" in the title, tbh. (Does the naming similarity between Brave Heroes, Farfetched Heroes, and Fallen Heroes hold in Japanese?)

You can say it's coincidence because both Farfetched Heroes and Fallen Heroes were designed around characters known to be popular or powerful, both of which are factors that decrease the chance that a character is dropped to the 4-star pool (powerful characters for obvious reasons and popular characters because they are typically made to be powerful or at least have desirable skills).

Brave Heroes is 大いなる英雄たち (ooinaru eiyuu-tachi), "Great Heroes".
Farfetched Heroes is 大いなる英雄再び (ooinaru eiyuu futatabi), "Great Heroes, Again".
Fallen Heroes is 闇に堕ちた英雄 (yami ni ochita eiyuu), "Heroes Who Fell into Darkness".

The fact that they all have "heroes" in the title is probably coincidence because these are the only non-limited new-character banners since the sibling-themed banners that aren't themed around a single game. (The names of banners also seem to always be nouns with modifiers, though I'm also not sure how much of that is by design.)

6 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Hawk King @Javi Blizz @Rafiel's Aria Ah that's fair. I might build him one day, and I guess +Atk works well with QR. But yeah he's too valuable to make a merge so 5 starring it is. He has an interesting Def/Spd combo.

@Cute Chao yeah he's pretty useful in GHBs back when mkv did those 3 star unit clears.

but yeah i hate it when i get a lot of copies of good fodder but they all have really nice natures. @Zeo in my hunt for Vector the game blessed me with nice Reposition fodder in 3 star Barst but now i'm in that predicament of getting good natures of +Spd/-Res,+Atk/-Res and +Spd/-HP lol. @Momentai~ what's your Barst's nature? He's a beast by the way and was really useful in the Rival Domains infernal, next to Zeo's Matthew and @DefaultBeep's Clarisse. Debuff units have been useful in that map!

Hey! He's +speed -HP. I would prefer +attack -HP for his current build. Thanks! He is my biggest project. Out of the ones you have, I think +speed -HP allows for the most versatility. I don't know how you're planning on using him but most of the time he can take a resistance bane and not be affected much so +speed -resistance might be  better. +attack -resistance is great if you want to have him keep his brave axe and not put much investment in him but there are a few other axe users with a better offensive presence for this.

I have a few other builds for him if you want to try any of them out. He should still do pretty well without the summoner support stat inflation:

https://imgur.com/a/tBZXf

Oops, I meant to switch to ignis/bonfire and the close defense 3 seal for the build with renewal but heavy blade also works pretty well.

Edited by Momentai~

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You can say it's coincidence because both Farfetched Heroes and Fallen Heroes were designed around characters known to be popular or powerful, both of which are factors that decrease the chance that a character is dropped to the 4-star pool (powerful characters for obvious reasons and popular characters because they are typically made to be powerful or at least have desirable skills).

Brave Heroes is 大いなる英雄たち (ooinaru eiyuu-tachi), "Great Heroes".
Farfetched Heroes is 大いなる英雄再び (ooinaru eiyuu futatabi), "Great Heroes, Again".
Fallen Heroes is 闇に堕ちた英雄 (yami ni ochita eiyuu), "Heroes Who Fell into Darkness".

The fact that they all have "heroes" in the title is probably coincidence because these are the only non-limited new-character banners since the sibling-themed banners that aren't themed around a single game. (The names of banners also seem to always be nouns with modifiers, though I'm also not sure how much of that is by design.)

That sounds to me like correlation, not coincidence.

The way I'm currently seeing it, there are currently two types of New Heroes banners: ones that feature a collection of high-profile heroes from various games and have all of them be 5* exclusive, and ones that focus on a specific game with less of a focus on being high-profile, including one 4* unit. (And the "Heroes" naming seems to be specifically a thing done for the former so far.) Of course, who knows how long it might take for that to need revisions, and it could very well get thrown out entirely right away depending on how the FE13 banner turns out. But for now, I think it's possible for us to make guesses as accurate as possible about whether or not a banner will have any 4* drops just based on a banner's premise and characters, without needing to know anything about the skill sets.

I just finished building these guys today for the gardens! And also because it's about to be spring in Xander's case. :P

Capture_2018-03-10-12-52-201.pngCapture_2018-03-10-20-53-351.png

Oh yeah, I didn't refine Cordelia's weapon yet. That'll have to come next time. But Bunny Xander is now a specialized red killer! He's also a really nice tank if I can buff him with Fortify Cav.

@Rezzy @Arcanite If you guys are interested in seeing.

Edited by Anacybele

34 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I just finished building these guys today for the gardens! And also because it's about to be spring in Xander's case. :P

Capture_2018-03-10-12-52-201.pngCapture_2018-03-10-20-53-351.png

Oh yeah, I didn't refine Cordelia's weapon yet. That'll have to come next time. But Bunny Xander is now a specialized red killer! He's also a really nice tank if I can buff him with Fortify Cav.

@Rezzy @Arcanite If you guys are interested in seeing.

Cool, Bridelia also really works with a Brave Bow, if have Feathers to spare.

My Water and Earth teams are sort of a hodge podge, but my Wind and Fire Teams make use of Horse Emblem.

Wind: Gunnthra, Titania, the Rachel, Seth

Fire: Ephraim, Eldigan, Leo, Cecilia

I think we're supposed to get a new map in the Water Garden tomorrow.  I wonder if it's going to be just one or a complete set.  They were really nice to have a bunch at once, but might be a bit slow, if it's only one new map per week.

I also managed to get really lucky and pull a few Rachels last banner to bring her up to +6.

9HGUu0m.png?1

14 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Cool, Bridelia also really works with a Brave Bow, if have Feathers to spare.

Yeah, but I'd rather keep her base weapon since my Bride Cordelia is not +Spd. I don't remember what her IVs are exactly, but I know it wasn't +Spd. Thanks though.

And wow, you got your L'Arachel a lot of merges fast.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but I'd rather keep her base weapon since my Bride Cordelia is not +Spd. I don't remember what her IVs are exactly, but I know it wasn't +Spd. Thanks though.

And wow, you got your L'Arachel a lot of merges fast.

Yeah, I got really lucky with Blues yesterday.  I got like 3 right after the other.  Sadly no Subakis who I really need for Quick Riposte, though.

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, I got really lucky with Blues yesterday.  I got like 3 right after the other.  Sadly no Subakis who I really need for Quick Riposte, though.

Yeah, lucky... And whenever I pull green now, I never get a Frederick... Sigh...

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, lucky... And whenever I pull green now, I never get a Frederick... Sigh...

Don't worry, you'll get him.  They tend to come in streaks.  It took me months before I managed to get 11 Titanias, and Green's the least bloated color there is.  I wish I could give you one of my 40 Fredericks.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Don't worry, you'll get him.  They tend to come in streaks.  It took me months before I managed to get 11 Titanias, and Green's the least bloated color there is.  I wish I could give you one of my 40 Fredericks.

Sometimes, yeah. Though whenever I pull Frederick, I don't pull him again for like, ages, for some reason. xP

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

As a counterargument, Blarserpent's precursor is Guard Bow, which is available from Setsuna, who is a 3-star pull.

But the guard bow isn’t available on a 3★ Setsuna, only on a 5★ Setsuna.

25 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

But the guard bow isn’t available on a 3★ Setsuna, only on a 5★ Setsuna.

That wasn’t what he was saying. He was saying that Guard Bow is only obtainable from a hero who is a 3*-4* pull (Setsuna), not that you can actually get it from a 3* Setsuna.