Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 minutes ago, Nanima said:

So did I hear correctly that none of the Fallen units got demoted in the end? Has this happened before or is this a new trend of Intsys bloating up the 5* exclusive pool?

It happened when Farfetched Heroes, although people assumed that was because they were presented as CYL units

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Fun fact unrelated to anything: the last time we’ve had a four-person banner with two of the four dropping was Echoes of Mystery in late June.
The Sacred World banner in late August had only one demotion (Seth), and the last four-person “new heroes” banner was Brave Heroes in early September.

11 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

It happened when Farfetched Heroes, although people assumed that was because they were presented as CYL units

It's probably because fallen heroes are treated as the opposite of brave heroes. Interestingly enough, farfetched are actually brave heroes. They were referred to as that in the story maps as well as appearing with other brave heroes in the free Ike map.

Finally got around to playing the new modes. I think my brain is too tired for Rival Domains, but the easiest level wasn't that bad. I ended up just using all fliers plus Lucius, and they got the job done. I'll try more later. I have to admit that the map size hurts my eyes a little bit, but I've also never had stellar eyesight to begin with. Blessed Gardens was nice. Easy maps. Great rewards. It was also kind of fun building teams around my legendary heroes. I've still got a little team building to do, but I think I've figured it out for the most part. 

Used all the feathers I got to promote my +SPD Sothe and make him my new merge base. Now I've gotta train up M!Morgan, Horse Chrom, and Sothe this weekend... 

I want to punch myself in the face. I was leveling up female Morgan with Shigure (he's always in my training team) and I forgot that Shigure has a valour skill. My stamina potion died in vain

16 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Considering he's the ONLY 5* red I have yet to summon, I definitely agree.  I want to run some infantry pulse shenanigans.

I'm still missing much more (Zeglius, Ryoma, Lucina, Ayra, new Chrom, FH!Celica,  Morgan, Leo, NS!Leo, Ike, new Eirika, Luke, Lyn and Saber).

Saber doesn't have infantry pulse but shield pulse. Marisa, Dorcas and NS!Xander are the only bearers. 

Edited by mampfoid

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Any unique upgrades or only generic 2Mt+2HP / 1Mt+2HP+2Spd / 1Mt+2HP+3Def / 1Mt+2HP+3Res?

Generic. Though my Morgan is a greater res tank than my Deirdre now. And that HP bane doesn't hurt so much anymore. Stays at 12 mt unless you for some reason opt to go for the 1 mt upgrade. HP boost as well

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Lachesis → Nanna → Priscilla is a separate and different chain, to be honest.
I guess yeah, Caeda, Lachesis, and Micaiah all have birbs, and Nanna, Priscilla, and Cordelia all have wing hairclips, but this feels tackled-on. As does my connection between Caeda and Micaiah, though.

You forgot Mordecai:

Spoiler

L_Mordecai.jpg

Which reminds me of this bit from his Mist support.

Mordecai: Is that so? It does not matter. I am fond of Ike. Mist… I do not want you to laugh, but I would like to tell you something.
Mist: What’s that?
Mordecai: When I returned your scarf, my hand was shaking with fear.
Mist: You? Were scared?
Mordecai: Yes. I was afraid that I made you afraid. I was afraid that you would run. I…was afraid.
Mist: Wow… I didn’t know that. Tee hee. It IS kind of funny. You and I have a lot in common, don’t you think?
Mordecai: Yes. We share much between us.

I guess this makes Mordecai an honorary little sister/princess/young woman? He and Mist share the Water Affinity.

4 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

There’s no drops. No one dropped among the three Fallen Heroes.

Point for the "despair" column.

4 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Gray and Saber are still locked even though their inheritance potential is even lamer. I now doubt either of the Morgans is going to drop.

And the addition of forging made one of Saber's 5 star lockable justification at the time- the Slaying Edge- much easier to get. Correct?

One of the things I'm waittttting on before I go from login sloth to actual player is a mass demotion! Or at least they could phase demotions in the way they do weapon refines, so Mist today, Saber next month. I don't want to waste Orbs on a crappy limited pool! 

Although Nils, Canas, Pent and Louise all ranked as the highest of the Blazing characters on CYL2, correct? Blazing, although it did just get the Seasonal LA and: Binding, Awakening Gen 1, Fates Gen 1 (I don't think it ever got a dedicated banner), and Genealogy Gen 2 are all worse off on the dedicated banner front, it hasn't had a standard banner in almost a year. I could see it getting one sometime between June and December (assuming June is when CYL2 starts coming into play with 4 months past since the poll). If so, and any of those four were on it, I'd have to jump in. And I severely doubt Child of Destiny Nils would be the TT character, since Breath Refresher sounds too good for that, he'll be 5 Star for sure and hence it'll be my only chance to get him. 

Nils will powercreep Ninian perhaps, which is a little odd for FE7 lore because she is supposed to be stronger magically, but more fragile as well. A special Resurrected Maiden or Nergal's Pawn (he does possess her for two minutes in E19/H20- that was enough for Celica), would fix this "injustice" (I'm a bit critical of Ninian) for her admirers though.

Goddammit, I never was able to get Hardin. I will just have to wait until he is on a Hero Fest/ Legendary Hero banner.

From the little bit that I could play, Rival Domains was pretty fun. It would be really cool(and challenging) to turn it into another Arena mode against other people's teams.

I still haven't checked out any of my friends units since I wanted to complete them all with my own first. @Zeo - did you want to add me to use my Lukas? Your Matthew seems like he would be fun to use for this.

Oh yeah, Gerome can finally inherit Galeforce in Heroes. Cherche can't give it and neither can the guys. Hmm, maybe Gerome has two mommies then. Minerva was a Pegasus Knight before becoming a wyvern rider... CherchexMinerva confirmed. :p

32 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Oh yeah, Gerome can finally inherit Galeforce in Heroes. Cherche can't give it and neither can the guys. Hmm, maybe Gerome has two mommies then. Minerva was a Pegasus Knight before becoming a wyvern rider... CherchexMinerva confirmed. :p

Well Wyverns, like certain other reptilian species, have the sex determined by the temperature of the egg before it hatches. Minerva's was in this blurry zone where it alternated between cold enough for a female and warm enough for a male, and being that way she managed to be born with both sets of sex organs complete. A freak but not unheard of accident.

Or so that story goes- I haven't gotten so close to Minerva as to check that out for myself. I'm not sure if it is true.

And Virion has told me of rumors about Cherche. Apparently she used to go by the name Serge, that doesn't sound very feminine.... Not that I have a problem if thats the case!

I hope male Morgan drops to 4 star. I couldn't get him with what orbs I had today and my luck was bad since I didn't pull any 5 stars except horse Chrom who I chose to fodder off, so I don't want to press my luck with this one... >_<

2 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I love the little serpent animation of the new tome. I kinda want one just for that. Semi-hoping F!Morgan drops to 4*, but oh well if she doesn't.

Kinda hoping it's M!Morgan cause I couldn't get him. Plus if I get him as a four star and his IVs are bad, dull ranged would be good on my precious daughter.

I just saw someone in Arena with def refined Kagami Mochi on NY!Takumi?

Edited by silveraura25

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Oh, cool. Now I don't know if to go SPD, RES or DEF with my +SPD/-HP Morgan. 

+RES Refinement for Alm is the new Meta. 

I’m leaning towards the Res Refinement with the same nature Morgan. I’m planning on using her as an EP magic check, so QR has doubles covered, and she doesn’t really need Def.

5 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I’m leaning towards the Res Refinement with the same nature Morgan. I’m planning on using her as an EP magic check, so QR has doubles covered, and she doesn’t really need Def.

I will use her mainly in TTs, perhaps even as the only magic user on a flier team. +SPD would help her offense, +DEF would help her tank some Archers. After all this refinement costs only stones (not dew) and is not irreversible. 

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nils will powercreep Ninian perhaps,

None of the dancers, not even New Year Azura, have boosted stats.

14 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I will use her mainly in TTs, perhaps even as the only magic user on a flier team. +SPD would help her offense, +DEF would help her tank some Archers. After all this refinement costs only stones (not dew) and is not irreversible. 

Neutral Morgan has 53 physical bulk, 59 with Blarserpent. WIthout Iote's Shield, she gets one-hit killed by every relevant bow user, and on a flier team, there are better candidates for Iote's Shield.

Edited by Ice Dragon

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

None of the dancers, not even New Year Azura, have boosted stats.

Hmm. Perhaps Nils will get the child BST treatment. Don't lolis have increased BST compared to others the time they were released

6 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Hmm. Perhaps Nils will get the child BST treatment. Don't lolis have increased BST compared to others the time they were released

I somewhat doubt that Nils is considered "child" enough to get the trainee stat modifiers as a dragon, and unlike the non-dragon trainees, he doesn't have a trainee class to warrant it, either.

53 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Neutral Morgan has 53 physical bulk, 59 with Blarserpent. WIthout Iote's Shield, she gets one-hit killed by every relevant bow user, and on a flier team, there are better candidates for Iote's Shield.

Compared to Caeda (SPD+ or QP seal), Valter (Brash Assault seal), Gerome (don't know yet) and Minerva (QP seal), Morgan seems like an ok candidate for Iote's shield. 

She would tank archers only in case of emergency. Blarserpent, TT boosted stats, Fortify Fliers (Caeda) and Ward Fliers (Minerva) will help to survive some. It seems the only way for her to profit from the DEF bonus of her tome (apart from dagger tanking).