Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I’m just happy since we’re about to hit a bunch of orbs. Let’s see, the Lissa & Chrom BHB (13 orbs), The TT (A high number of orbs), the three warriors maps (9 orbs in total), and whatever else comes around

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Orb income just keeps going up the more content they add. Not that I mind. It's just that the current banners are rather underwhelming for me, so there really isn't much for me to do with these orbs. At this rate I'll have 600+ orbs by the time L!Eph returns

Edited by Korath88

21 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I’m just happy since we’re about to hit a bunch of orbs. Let’s see, the Lissa & Chrom BHB (13 orbs), The TT (A high number of orbs), the three warriors maps (9 orbs in total), and whatever else comes around

I believe TTs give 40 Orbs, though I could be mistaken on the exact amount.

So, that's a total of 62 Orbs. That's a pretty good amount, and that's without login bonuses from the current banner (2 days of which have come already I think, so that's 11 remaining, 13 if you missed the first two days) and I think there's a TT login bonus during that as well (so 13 Orbs from that too). So a grand total of 88 Orbs.

And there's any Blessed Gardens and Rival Domains maps that get added in the future... And I believe we get more Water maps tomorrow!

Edited by ILikeKirbys

Just now, ILikeKirbys said:

I believe TTs give 40 Orbs, though I could be mistaken on the exact amount.

42, like the answer to the Question of Life, Universe, and Everything.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

42, like the answer to the Question of Life, Universe, and Everything.

Even better!

Now I just need to decide between using some (not all, I'm saving up for Thracia) of these Orbs for pulling for F!Morgan or waiting for the (probable, though not necessarily guaranteed) Legendary Colorless Dragon, and maybe pulling a little on the next banner too, if it's a seasonal one.

1 hour ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I don't think it wll be rerun. Same event but different units. 

I think there will be new units, but there will be a separate banner with the original characters from last year. 

I’m self-exiling myself as of tomorrow the 11th from the Forest until… the 20th of March, just before the current new Banner ends and the next one will be revealed. It should be Seasonal, and I’m expecting more bunny costumes, or they could do something more creative like Love Abounds. While i don’t care about Seasonals as much as I do standard ones, since LA broke from Afatening exclusivity, it should be interesting to see if PoR Mist's basket of tomatoes is replaced with one of easter eggs! Or Reinhardt in pastels, it’d be a good prelude to Thracia. But I’ll settle with Marth in his Sunday Best. 

So sayonara for now.... at 12:00AM tomorrow!

I just had a thought. Thinking about Chrom having sword valor. Given that sword is the only valor to be repeated I am half surprised they didn't give him a new valor. Horse Valor. Ok ok. that would be insane. I know. But Chrom having horse valor when he apparently doesn't know how to stop this thing would be very funny. Suuuuuure I trust him to train my other horsies.

QoL idea: In the Equip Seal menu it would be cool to have the last 1-2 seals equipped on the selected hero on top. Also if you use "select sacred seal" instead of "select hero", to see the last 2-3 heroes who had the seal equipped last. This would make it more easy to switch between the same seals and heroes over and over. 

@Interdimensional Observer have a good vacation! (or off-time)

@Usana movement-type valor would be very handy, sounds like a good idea. Also valor seals would be cool. 

2 hours ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I think there will be new units, but there will be a separate banner with the original characters from last year. 

Yeah, this is my expectation as well.

I'm guessing the main effect for the new units' weapons will be different, but it'd be cool if they include some unit with a Red Egg to complete the egg trio from the originals.

@Hawk King @Javi Blizz @Rafiel's Aria Ah that's fair. I might build him one day, and I guess +Atk works well with QR. But yeah he's too valuable to make a merge so 5 starring it is. He has an interesting Def/Spd combo.

@Cute Chao yeah he's pretty useful in GHBs back when mkv did those 3 star unit clears.

but yeah i hate it when i get a lot of copies of good fodder but they all have really nice natures. @Zeo in my hunt for Vector the game blessed me with nice Reposition fodder in 3 star Barst but now i'm in that predicament of getting good natures of +Spd/-Res,+Atk/-Res and +Spd/-HP lol. @Momentai~ what's your Barst's nature? He's a beast by the way and was really useful in the Rival Domains infernal, next to Zeo's Matthew and @DefaultBeep's Clarisse. Debuff units have been useful in that map!

2 hours ago, Othin said:

I'm guessing the main effect for the new units' weapons will be different, but it'd be cool if they include some unit with a Red Egg to complete the egg trio from the originals.

We should also have White Egg as a dagger.

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

We should also have White Egg as a dagger.

But a White Egg sounds like an unpainted egg. Make it a Purple or Pink or Yellow/Gold Egg instead, it is still not Red-Blue-Green, but now very colorful.

..."Painted egg" sounds like something you'd call a hooker.:>_<:

Speaking of certain biological functions, a Tome that makes an army of bunnies spawn out of nowhere to attack would be neat.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 hours ago, Usana said:

I just had a thought. Thinking about Chrom having sword valor. Given that sword is the only valor to be repeated I am half surprised they didn't give him a new valor. Horse Valor. Ok ok. that would be insane. I know. But Chrom having horse valor when he apparently doesn't know how to stop this thing would be very funny. Suuuuuure I trust him to train my other horsies.

they should start giving valors (beyond sword, which has baffling been the one exception to the point of doing it TWICE) to normal units and let future seasonal units start having crazier valor. Horse valor! Flier valor! Dragon Valor! Armor. Infantry?!

21 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

More accurately:

• Bold Fighter, Vengeful Fighter, and Chill Spd are all incredibly good skills (Bold Fighter is actually just broken) and have every reason to have their availability kept low for a few months.

And that in itself is already good enough of a reason to keep them all 5-star exclusive.

Bloating the 5-star pool actually does nothing. It's so bloated that anything new added to it isn't making a big difference. It has been and will always be a terrible idea to attempt to pull for a 5-star exclusive character when they are not on a banner. Even if the summoning pool were reverted to the number of 5-star exclusive characters as the launch banners, it would still be a terrible idea to pull for an off-banner 5-star exclusive.

I think you're still looking at it backwards. It's highly unlikely that they first decided on those skill sets and then said "well, looks like there's nothing we can drop to 4*". They almost certainly decide which units they want to drop to 4* before finalizing the skill sets, and then make sure those units fit their standards of what they're willing to allow at 4*.

They gave all the units such high-power skill sets because they decided this banner was fine to stay 5* exclusive, not the other way around. The fact that it's an alternate-versions banner like CYL was probably a major factor in that decision, but there's no way to be certain until we see how upcoming "normal" banners like the FE5 one turn out.

11 minutes ago, Othin said:

I think you're still looking at it backwards. It's highly unlikely that they first decided on those skill sets and then said "well, looks like there's nothing we can drop to 4*". They almost certainly decide which units they want to drop to 4* before finalizing the skill sets, and then make sure those units fit their standards of what they're willing to allow at 4*.

They gave all the units such high-power skill sets because they decided this banner was fine to stay 5* exclusive, not the other way around. The fact that it's an alternate-versions banner like CYL was probably a major factor in that decision, but there's no way to be certain until we see how upcoming "normal" banners like the FE5 one turn out.

No, I'm not looking at it backwards. It's obvious that those are dependent on each other.

But from a player standpoint, these are the factors that are taken into account when predicting whether a character will be dropped to 4-star rarity or not. Our predictions don't need to know or care whether "the developers want these characters to be 5-star exclusives and then stack good skills on them" or whether "the developers want these skills to be 5-star exclusives and put them on desirable characters". The end result is the same and result in the same predictions where the skills are the best tell as to whether a character will have its rarity dropped.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Y'know, if they ever give Setsuna a personal weapon, then she'd be the first and likely the only unit who would naturally possess three different weapons at their highest level. She'd have Assassin's Bow+, Guard Bow+, and whatever dopey bow would be hers.

7 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Y'know, if they ever give Setsuna a personal weapon, then she'd be the first and likely the only unit who would naturally possess three different weapons at their highest level. She'd have Assassin's Bow+, Guard Bow+, and whatever dopey bow would be hers.

Dopey Bow: 14 Mt. Unit cannot perform a follow-up attack. Foe cannot counterattack. If unit attacked in combat, unit falls into a pitfall and cannot perform actions or be targeted until an ally uses Draw Back on unit.

EDIT:

Unique refine: When unit is stuck in a pitfall, unit has Obstruct with no HP requirement.

Edited by Ice Dragon

4 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Cute Chao yeah he's pretty useful in GHBs back when mkv did those 3 star unit clears.

Aye, that's when I first started using him more, after he was used so much in those vids. Then the fliers quests cemented it, when type emblems started to become even more of a thing (or at least to me. I think many horse bladetome users realised a long time before I ever did xD )

5 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Speaking of I wonder when they'll ever get around to giving us another archer. Assuming they dont get another personal weapon, I expect they'd have Guard Bow.

Then again after Rhajat finally gave us Keen Gronwolf I expect them to add Keen Blarwolf but instead we got an...entirely new generic tome for some reason???

*sigh* i just wish they'd have a nice big batch of riff raff to help add more generic weapons to the pool....maybe for the second anniversary : (

5 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Speaking of I wonder when they'll ever get around to giving us another archer. Assuming they dont get another personal weapon, I expect they'd have Guard Bow.

Then again after Rhajat finally gave us Keen Gronwolf I expect them to add Keen Blarwolf but instead we got an...entirely new generic tome for some reason???

*sigh* i just wish they'd have a nice big batch of riff raff to help add more generic weapons to the pool....maybe for the second anniversary : (

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

No, I'm not looking at it backwards. It's obvious that those are dependent on each other.

But from a player standpoint, these are the factors that are taken into account when predicting whether a character will be dropped to 4-star rarity or not. Our predictions don't need to know or care whether "the developers want these characters to be 5-star exclusives and then stack good skills on them" or whether "the developers want these skills to be 5-star exclusives and put them on desirable characters". The end result is the same and result in the same predictions.

I think it's important to have a reference point for how many 4* drops we can expect the banner to have when analyzing what may or may not seem plausible at 4*. That requires understanding what decisions were made when designing the banner and why.

The FE10 banner was the first non-CYL New Heroes banner in a very long time to have all the characters have legendary weapons. That raised the question: would it keep all three of its units at 5*, or would it drop Sothe, the first legendary weapon user to be added to the 5* pool since Reinhardt? Once it turned out that Sothe dropped, it was obvious that for the following FE8 banner, L'Arachel would drop as well.

The Fallen Heroes banner looked similar enough to those two. Three characters with legendary weapons, two of which were clearly 5* exclusive and one which seemed like something they might go allow at 4* if the legendary weapon wasn't an issue. Celica certainly has a more intense skill set than the other two, but if the Fallen Heroes banner was replaced with a "normal" banner with characters functionally identical to the Fallen Heroes trio, I believe there would have been more people expecting Celica to drop, since the banner's special status fueled a lot of the speculation that they might all be 5* exclusives.

We can see the significance of this difference when looking forward to the new FE13 banner. If we think of it as the same "type" of banner as the Fallen Heroes banner, it looks pretty plausible for all three characters to stay 5* exclusive. On the other hand, if we think of the Fallen Heroes banner as an anomaly, the FE10 and FE8 banners become the closest reference points for the FE13 banner, and Sothe and L'Arachel dropping suggests one of the new FE13 units will probably drop as well, with m!Morgan as the only plausible candidate. We'll have to see which answer turns out to be correct in a couple weeks.

What's your prediction for the FE13 banner? My money's on m!Morgan dropping, personally.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Dopey Bow: 14 Mt. Unit cannot perform a follow-up attack. Foe cannot counterattack. If unit attacked in combat, unit falls into a pitfall and cannot perform actions or be targeted until an ally uses Draw Back on unit.

EDIT:

Unique refine: When unit is stuck in a pitfall, unit has Obstruct with no HP requirement.

You know Setsuna would be fun to pair up with male Morgan who mentions making a pitfall when you tap him. "DON'T tell anyone.."