Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

15 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I'm still missing much more (Zeglius, Ryoma, Lucina, Ayra, new Chrom, FH!Celica,  Morgan, Leo, NS!Leo, Ike, new Eirika, Luke, Lyn and Saber).

Saber doesn't have infantry pulse but shield pulse. Marisa, Dorcas and NS!Xander are the only bearers. 

...riiiiight...i totally blame sleep deprivation for that mix up >_<

But yeah...Saber is the only silouette in my Heroes list ? He refuses to come to me. I hope he ends up on another banner soon, or IS decides to do a 5*-pool revamp and he gets bumped down to 4*.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

So I just thought about something. Can skills be... bred? I mean, I thought about this:

I give Cain Death Blow 3, what if I make him learn Armored Blow 3 and "unlock" the Sturdy Blow line of skills? I think it'd be cool and would make scarce skills more accessible and even people would either train them or merge them rather than making them SI fodder. A similar example can be made for the Spur/Hone/Fort/Threaten/Ploy skills... or at least the Spur and Stance skills for now, while they add multi ploy skills.

Edited by Quintessence

9 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I just realized Female Morgan had the mark of the Exalt in her eyes. Subtle IS, subtle. Did anyone ever get a HD image of M!Morgan to see if he has the mark too? 

I pulled M. Morgan, but I can't really tell because I have old lady eyes. But it'd make sense for M. Morgan to have the mark since he can be Chrom's son. For F. Morgan to have it, she'd have to be the daughter of Lissa, Emmeryn, or Lucina. Hmmmmmm...... I can't really tell in the art I've found of her online anyways. Darn you old lady eyes.

14 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I just realized Female Morgan had the mark of the Exalt in her eyes. Subtle IS, subtle. Did anyone ever get a HD image of M!Morgan to see if he has the mark too? 

I can't tell if that's the mark of the Exalt or just speculars. Male Morgan has them, too. Both of them have a glowing power button in both of their eyes.

15 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Not really. It's how the artist stylized the pupils to show where they are. Because anime obeys different laws of lighting physics.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I can't tell if that's the mark of the Exalt or just speculars. Male Morgan has them, too. Both of them have a glowing power button in both of their eyes.

This is exactly what I saw it as too. I have no idea if it's supposed to be more than just a detail in the artwork or just that artists style of eye highlights.

16 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I'm looking at her eyes but that's not the exalt mark. Those are just her pupils. Compare Lucina's eyes with Morgan's

maxresdefault.jpg 

https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/feheroes_gamepedia_en/1/19/Full_Portrait_Morgan_(F).png?version=86018dd50103b6047d141c534c2eb086 (large resolution)

There is a lot more to the mark of the exalt that is not in either of Morgan's eyes

1 minute ago, Liliesgrace said:

This is exactly what I saw it as too. I have no idea if it's supposed to be more than just a detail in the artwork or just that artists style of eye highlights.

1 minute ago, r_n said:

I'm looking at her eyes but that's not the exalt mark. Those are just her pupils. Compare Lucina's eyes with Morgan's

I thought they were speculars at first, but the fact that none of Tobi's other character arts in Heroes have the same made me doubt that. But yeah, they're missing parts to it, so they're definitely speculars.

In other words, they both have power buttons in both of their eyes.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If they start to reference pairings that aren't certain to be canonical, then I demand Assassin Raigh.

And woah the post two above is an eyeful! (From the one moment in Awakening's plot that made me tear up a little.)

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

In other words, they both have power buttons in both of their eyes.

So if you poke them you can turn the kids off? Must be convenient for their parents.

1 hour ago, silverserpent said:

But yeah...Saber is the only silouette in my Heroes list ? He refuses to come to me. I hope he ends up on another banner soon, or IS decides to do a 5*-pool revamp and he gets bumped down to 4*.

Wow, you miss only Saber? That's an huge collection, cool. I'm at 177/228. 

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

We can dream.

Additional quality of life additions we need:

1: Raise the Friend Limit.

2: Raise the Barracks Limit.

3. Zero damage sound also with combat animations deactivated.

(That's perhaps even No#1, it's rewarding in it's own way)

6 hours ago, Iridium said:

According to... who? It sounds to me like you're attempting to make excuses.

Apologies if I came off rude with the post you responded to. Skills of course, but I don't know that if popularity demands it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Soleil the most popular character out of the Fates children banner? She also came with the fabled Firesweep Sword. She has stellar stats as well. And yet she was demoted. She's superior to Celica as a sword unit as well.

What I meant by fallen heroes being like brave heroes is that brave heroes are supposed to represent heroism/courage/hope and fallen heroes despair/madness/corruption. More of a good vs evil concept, but yeah.

57 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

She also came with the fabled Firesweep Sword. She has stellar stats as well. And yet she was demoted. She's superior to Celica as a sword unit as well.

Melee Firesweep isn't anything too big to write home about considering Roderick had been handing out his Firesweep Lance to everyone for months at that time as a 4-star-summonable character. Other than Firesweep Sword, Soleil had no other skills of note, and her stellar offensive stats are dampened by the fact that she has the weakest player-phase class in the game: melee infantry.

Comparatively, Shiro is an enemy-phase melee infantry with a unique weapon with built-in Sturdy Stance along with Steady Stance and the powerful Def Tactic. Siegbert is a player-phase melee cavalry superior to Brave Roy with a unique weapon with built-in Swift Sparrow along with the powerful Atk Tactic.

Soleil really couldn't hold a candle to either Shiro or Siegbert, and popularity alone isn't enough to guarantee a character stay 5-star exclusive.

At this point, I'm convinced that having Swift Sparrow or Distant Def is a guarantee, though.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

At this point, I'm convinced that having Swift Sparrow or Distant Def is a guarantee, though.

Don’t forget Quick Riposte!

this wasn’t exactly serious because Subaki and Klein exist but hey, two most recent heroes added with QR3 are five-star-locked

Edited by Vaximillian

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Melee Firesweep isn't anything too big to write home about considering Roderick had been handing out his Firesweep Lance to everyone for months at that time as a 4-star-summonable character. Other than Firesweep Sword, Soleil had no other skills of note, and her stellar offensive stats are dampened by the fact that she has the weakest player-phase class in the game: melee infantry.

Comparatively, Shiro is an enemy-phase melee infantry with a unique weapon with built-in Sturdy Stance along with Steady Stance and the powerful Def Tactic. Siegbert is a player-phase melee cavalry superior to Brave Roy with a unique weapon with built-in Swift Sparrow along with the powerful Atk Tactic.

Soleil really couldn't hold a candle to either Shiro or Siegbert, and popularity alone isn't enough to guarantee a character stay 5-star exclusive.

Always thought Soleil was the best unit out of that banner... Guess I was wrong. True about melee infantry being the weakest player-phase units, but Soleil's offenses are still great though. Add to the fact that she's 4* and we've got a banner featuring her right now as a 4* focus, though I'm not certain how much orbs would be required on average to get her

Edited by silveraura25

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Don’t forget Quick Riposte!

this wasn’t exactly serious because Subaki and Klein exist but hey, two most recent heroes added with QR3 are five-star-locked

Don't forget Guard!

On another note, I really love how they chose Divine Decree as the new music for the Awakening maps.

I'm guessing the TT will have ID Purpose.

4 hours ago, Quintessence said:

So I just thought about something. Can skills be... bred? I mean, I thought about this:

I give Cain Death Blow 3, what if I make him learn Armored Blow 3 and "unlock" the Sturdy Blow line of skills? I think it'd be cool and would make scarce skills more accessible and even people would either train them or merge them rather than making them SI fodder. A similar example can be made for the Spur/Hone/Fort/Threaten/Ploy skills... or at least the Spur and Stance skills for now, while they add multi ploy skills.

Interesting thought since skills of such nature are still 5* exclusive... but I dunno how "broken" such a system would be.

For instance, while Death Blow 3 is still a semi-rare skill given Klein is colorless, Darting Blow 3 is on 3 separate units available at 4*, one of them even being 3* available.

I'd be excited if there was a way to "breed" Drives onto units, though.

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

There is a bit of a light at the end of the tunnel, since Sothe made LnD3 a 4* available skill after a year, and some other skills were made 4* available over the year (Lancebreaker 3 no longer locked to Narcian for instance)

5 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I'm guessing the TT will have ID Purpose.

Probably edited down if so. I personally hope it's ID Hope, which I guess is now Robins "theme" since it played when he fights in Fates and Echoes. I at least assume the final boss will be either Grima or one (or maybe even both) of the Morgans.

Speaking of the TT, does this mean we will have 3 separate Awakening TTs when other games have 1, Echoes has 2 only because separate ones for Alm and Celicas separate paths, and Fates doesn't even have a full non-seasonal TT?

Edited by Xenomata

It's not like IS is saying "fuck enemy phase units" but "enemy phase units are for the rich" . Not only the good armors  are 5* exclusive,  their skills also locked to those 5*, and even those available at lower rarity units (like QR on Klein ot Subaki), it still caps at 5*. Meanwhile, the base -blow skills all available in 4* and there is plenty of good enemy phase units available in 3* and 4*. 

5 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Interesting thought since skills of such nature are still 5* exclusive... but I dunno how "broken" such a system would be.

For instance, while Death Blow 3 is still a semi-rare skill given Klein is colorless, Darting Blow 3 is on 3 separate units available at 4*, one of them even being 3* available.

I'd be excited if there was a way to "breed" Drives onto units, though.

There is a bit of a light at the end of the tunnel, since Sothe made LnD3 a 4* available skill after a year, and some other skills were made 4* available over the year (Lancebreaker 3 no longer locked to Narcian for instance)

Probably edited down if so. I personally hope it's ID Hope, which I guess is now Robins "theme" since it played when he fights in Fates and Echoes. I at least assume the final boss will be either Grima or one (or maybe even both) of the Morgans.

Speaking of the TT, does this mean we will have 3 separate Awakening TTs when other games have 1, Echoes has 2 only because separate ones for Alm and Celicas separate paths, and Fates doesn't even have a full non-seasonal TT?

Actually that does make sense. When you actually fight Grima, it does play in battle. I'm going to hate the multiple times the enemy phase interrupts it though

We need more Tomebreaker fodder. Looking for Henry is kind of tough for my main account. And then there's B Tomebreaker on F!Robin who is a GHB unit. :(

Breathbeaker and Staffbreaker next please IS

2 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Why would you need staffbrea- *looks at Loki and Wrathfull Staff Elise* Oh okay , sorry there. 

Infernal Takumi GHB :(

Dazzling Staff was a mistake.

Okay I mean it only takes one hit for the debuffs to take effect so it's only use is to prevent doubles from Wrathful Staff fast healers like Elise or just super buff GHB healers.