• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Since Claude is a bow lord, I wonder if he will get a coloured bow, to be more special from other bow user?

Of course I'm fine if he's just colourless though, a colourless lord would be nice

If Claude stays grey, then all four MCs are of different colours: red for Byleth, green for Edelgard, blue for Dimitri, and grey for Claude. I’m all for Claude being grey.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

If Claude stays grey, then all four MCs are of different colours: red for Byleth, green for Edelgard, blue for Dimitri, and grey for Claude. I’m all for Claude being grey.

HA.

Freaking HA.

Not trying to be rude, but when has Heroes ever had a non-super special banner with such perfect color balance?

On 7/6/2018 at 4:51 PM, Lewyn said:

@Oz ♠ That is absolutely the most adorable signature I have ever seen anywhere!  Katarina cat in the hat with a fire flower in hand, now these are the alt costumes that we should be getting!  

kat in the hat

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Not trying to be rude, but when has Heroes ever had a non-super special banner with such perfect color balance?

The SoV banners had the main characters separated. 

9 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I don’t argue for all four to be on one banner. On the contrary, they should and will spread them out and pad the banners with other characters. I can very easily see three or four banners. Or more.

Edited by Vaximillian

Just now, Hawk King said:

Yeah but one had two reds and the other had two blues.

I meant just to not expect a 3 houses banner with all main characters and/or perfect color balance. 

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I can very easily see three or banners. Or more.

That's what I expect. 

7 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm starting to feel like one of the only few people who actually likes all three of the protagonists.

I like them so far, I just want to have more info before I judge them since two minutes is not enough for me to really judge them on.  I am just hoping that Edelgard is a strong female character for a change since IS has a bad habit of making their female protags not as willing to kick butt as the male ones and I want a female lord who is a no nonsense type who does not waffle on things and sticks with what they believe is right.  I like Lyn, Erika and Micaiah as characters and as units I found them being lords hard to deal with because they made more mistakes then their male counterparts.  Just give me a female lord who is more like Minerva and I will be happy.

As to the 3 lords and the avatar being put in Heroes I expect the month the game releases to be full of banners with new characters from the game and I expect some maps like the Warriors maps as well.

Three houses? If none do right

I don't care.

I'll want to do is fight fight fight!

I never got really far in Suikoden 3, maybe I should go and play it now with this new FE coming around. My opinion of Suikoden 2 is not very rosy, but I won't judge 3 based on that.

...To make an actual contribution, I hope they get the SoViet Union treatment in Heroes and get a double-banner + TT and toss in a GHB too. It'll should hopefully besides advertising sate some hot newborn passions for the game for a while. 

And for FEH, I'm actually not looking forward to FE16. It means another mouth to feed- another game of ~40-70 characters to include and give ample representation to. A banner for FE16 means a longer wait for another banner for a different game, since IS won't do two New Heroes banners from different games at the same time. They'll also need Seasonal representation, but I have zero cares if the lords or the lolis, the edgeboys or the Niimes of FE16 are on the beaches or go around demanding candy, since I don't really care about Seasonal banners at all and for me they're just downtime between New Heroes.

10 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Spring can’t come soon enough. Can’t wait to not get Edelgard because no green stones.

S/he is so pretty! I want wigs as accessories! That way, I can turn Reinhardt, LA!Roy, and PA!Inigo into a waifu emblem team. I will throw Lucius in as the lead to complete the trap.

Now that I look closely, I think Reinhardt's outfit would look pretty good on a girl too; reminds me of female butlers.

40 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

Eldegard’s ghostly hair and eyes lead me to think there’s something supernatural going on; but her name means battle guard, so hopefully we’ll get a nice subversion.

Edelgard. "Noble guard".

As in "edelstahl", "stainless steel" (lit. "noble steel"), and "edelstein", "gemstone" (lit. "noble stone").

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Edelgard. "Noble guard".

As in "edelstahl", "stainless steel" (lit. "noble steel"), and "edelstein", "gemstone" (lit. "noble stone").

She is the true Fire Emblem confirmed!

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Edelgard. "Noble guard".

I was thinking it was Hildegard with a dropped H. Dropped H’s are pretty common.

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Fire Emblem has never been a person before. Innovation!

Well if you want to be a little artsy about it, Yune, being the source of the flames of Lehran's Medallion, that which makes it the Fire Emblem, could be considered a living FE as well. And I guess if the glow of the Sacred Stone of Grado was caused by Formortiis's soul, then he artsilly too could be considered a living Fire Emblem.

And it won't exactly be innovation if at the end she turns into gem form to power up a guy. But let us have happy thoughts instead! Let them be as prolific as frolicking bunnies in heat under a peaceful rainbow sky!

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And it won't exactly be innovation if at the end she turns into gem form to power up a guy. But let us have happy thoughts instead! Let them be as prolific as frolicking bunnies in heat under a peaceful rainbow sky!

She mentions the "crests" (assumed to be the house crests on the tapestry) in the trailer narration, and considering that's the translation of 紋章 (monshou) in the Japanese trailer, I think it's pretty clear one of those crests is the Fire Emblem, which is standardly written in kanji as 炎の紋章 (honoo no monshou).

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

She mentions the "crests" (assumed to be the house crests on the tapestry) in the trailer narration, and considering that's the translation of 紋章 (monshou) in the Japanese trailer, I think it's pretty clear one of those crests is the Fire Emblem, which is standardly written in kanji as 炎の紋章 (honoo no monshou).

-That was a joke. People making inferences based on outlandishly connecting dots where there are no actual connections which anyone truly rational could see is a thing you know?

53 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

49 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Fire Emblem has never been a person before. Innovation!

I just realized that Heroes did not even introduce its own Fire Emblem yet. Maybe the real innovator here is Heroes, the first Fire Emblem game without a Fire Emblem.

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I assume you consider Brave Heroes a super special banner right? Even if you don’t count that one, Rite of Shadows and Sacred World both had four characters and had one for each color. There have also been plenty of three character banners that didn’t double up on a color (World of Dawn, Sacred Memories, Fallen Heroes, Wings of Fate, Scattered Fangs, etc).

4 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

I am just hoping that Edelgard is a strong female character for a change since IS has a bad habit of making their female protags not as willing to kick butt as the male ones and I want a female lord who is a no nonsense type who does not waffle on things and sticks with what they believe is right.

I hope so too. I'd had high hopes for Celica when SoV came out (I knew nothing of Gaiden beforehand) and I got the impression she'd be a strong character from the footage before playing. Instead, her side of the story ended up being an inconsistent mess and needed to be saved by Alm in the end like any other damsel in distress princess. I still like her nice design, but man was her character a disappointment to me.

Since I'm not digging her design like I did with Celica's, I'm hoping her character itself ends up being good to make me care about her more.

Yeah I don’t really like Edelgard’s design either, or anyone else in Three Houses for that matter. 

I find it odd how the Res Tactic and Earth Dance sacred seals were mentioned in the TR notification but not the Live to Serve one. 

4 hours ago, Oz ♠ said:

kat in the hat

If they ever release an accessory like that I'm putting it on my Katerina for sure!

So guys I already built Galeforce Basilikos Raven, but Linus was too good to just not do anything with.  So I promoted him and built him like so.

Basilikos+eff (haven't refined yet but will soon)

Support: Reposition

Special: Pavise

A skill: Brazen Atk/Spd

B skill: Shield Pulse 3

C skill: Drive Def 2 (adjustable)

Sacred Seal: Heavy Blade

So he will have Pavise charged turn 1 thanks to Shield pulse, the 5 less damage effect  makes up for the loss of 5 defense/5 resistance of refine. With Heavy blade he will charge Pavise every attack afterwards.  He will have 38 speed at first, which is enough to not be doubled by most units.  However when he gets into Brazen range the fun really starts.  He will be 65 attack and 45 speed.  He won't be doubled by anything and he will double most units in the game.  With such high attack he won't need to rely on specials as much (though I know high def reds will be a problem) and having pavise charged pretty much for every enemy attack in addition to the damage reduction of shield pulse will make him an incredible wall against close attacking units.  He just has to avoid mages at all costs.  

I think I will fodder one of the other Linuses (I got all 3) to maybe Ryoma who is sitting with Defiant atk3 right now.  He is +spd/-atk, not a great nature.  However with Brazen atk/spd 3 he will be 45spd/54atk in that range helping making his vantage more effective.