Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

50 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Kaze wasnt a GHB though, but a Grande Conquest unit. I could see them push in the Tempest Trial and Grande Conquest units into the summoning pool, but i really really doubt they'll push in the GHB units. Maybe when Book 3 starts they'll push in the season 1 units into the summoning pool.

Yeah, there's a pretty big distinction in that GHB units keep getting rerun while TT units never really do, and there were concerns of GC units turning out the same way.

Masked Marth, BK, and the seasonals seem more likely to be rerun as special rewards like quests, but the others could all easily be added to the regular summoning pool. Maybe Tobin/Clive at 3-4* and the others at 4-5*? (Arden, Joshua, Marisa, Gerome, Finn, and now Canas.)

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Pretty much, yeah. Hopefully, there will be something exciting down the line. And when I say “something exciting”, I don’t mean CYL2. I mean something actually exciting.

Is it actually possible to make you feel excited anyway? :P

Give me an example of something that would make you happy.

1 hour ago, Troykv said:

Is it actually possible to make you feel excited anyway? :P

Some people have uncompromisingly high standards. Too high for this game it seems. I think I might be loosely among such a crowd.

*Sigh* Two banners where the passions will run hot but burn out so quickly. Give me some nice guy bods to stare at from afar, but know none shall be summoned to the master bedroom, for I art too cheap and remove'ed from the passions ever so enough to avoid wastes upon such frivolities. 

Not till August mid, shall the chance arise again that to Heroes I may be summoned. May it be so, or may it not. Whatever fate shall lay before my eyes and fingers.

They're doing this to postpone the beginning of Book III, which they're likely to try to hold off on until the next update. But besides that, two Special Hero banners is actually a good opportunity to save orbs. If the banners in question lack appealing units, aside from the Legendary Banner there is in fact no banner to entice orb spending all the way until Hector's banner comes back in July which is a fantastic chance to save up for CYL which likely will drop in August.

I'm going to go ahead and let the Julia/Deirdre banner die out. I don't have them, but don't particularly need either. And I'll hold off on a last ditch summon for Ninian until I see what the next banner looks like.

I have 12 orbs, I'm going to hold onto them and try to summon for Julia at the last 5 minutes or something. In the meantime, I promoted Seliph! He's pretty good, although I don't have the dew to give him divine Tyrfing yet.

A silly thing I just realized: "last" rearranged is "salt".

4 hours ago, Troykv said:

Give me an example of something that would make you happy.

Not alts.

It’s that easy.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I have 12 orbs, I'm going to hold onto them and try to summon for Julia at the last 5 minutes or something.

My ten final orbs didn’t even give me any greens.

I will admit that the next month doesn't seem all THAT exciting in terms of the calendar... I wonder if we'll actually have 4 swimsuit banners running at once. That feels like bait if I've ever seen it. But everyone's right. It gives you time to save orbs. I think we should be getting close to 270... I just kind of ran vague calculations... I think it should be closer to 280+ since I wasn't sure how many orbs one quest would give. And I also didn't know how to factor in compensation orbs. Still a nice chunk. 

Was originally going to set my orb saving goal for 400, but I'm thinking I could set it for 500 and still have a few spare orbs to spend here and there.

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Ah, I'm sorry to hear that. I attempted to do a summon after I got my arena orbs, but I went in with 17 orbs and didn't get a single green either. So I pulled a Lucius and just left. If I wait until the last minute to pull, I'll have less time to regret it if I don't pull Julia.

But to talk about the swimsuit banners real fast ... I would like to get at least summer Robin and 2 summer Tikis from the Ylissean banner rerun. I still need close defense on several of my characters, and lance+axe valor would be amazing. On the Nohrian summer rerun, I'd like to get a summer Corrin who's not -spd and a summer Leo (the only one I actually wanted ... and yet I got all of his siblings instead). As for whoever's on the new banner ... eh. There aren't very many characters who would make me want to pull on a swimsuit banner, so as long as none of those show up I think I'll be content with just pulling one 5-star from that banner and leaving.

39 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Not alts.

It’s that easy.

I don't remember you showed excitement for the Ishtar's banner.... But maybe I just don't remember anything from that day hahhaha 

12 minutes ago, Troykv said:

I don't remember you showed excitement for the Ishtar's banner....

This makes me sad. Even sadder than my last Julia orbs giving me Reinhardt and Est.

I'm fine with this upcoming lull. It'll at least make this game all the more easy to blow off once Crash N. Sane takes up permanent residence in my Switch. Though I have a sinking feeling that a bikini Cordelia is going to force me to care and cause me another year's worth of sadness after I inevitably fail to pull her.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

This makes me sad. Even sadder than my last Julia orbs giving me Reinhardt and Est.

Maybe is just me; I'm the kind of person that forgets birthdays and other relevant days xDU

So is there going to be no regular banner between the two swimsuit banners this year?  3 whole weeks for the special banner seems a bit long.

Despite dumping 450+ orbs on Ephraim's legendary banner for NS!Corrin, I think I'm going to take a pass on the return of the Nohrian Summer banner. Pulled a F!Morgan with poor natures on the recent Stance banner and coupled with being content with my current flier team, I rather spend my orbs on a fast, non-green flier(preferably blue) that will be in the permanent pool.  

As for the new calendar, I'm looking forward to the Death Blow banner the most. Kinda hoping that they don't put Elincia on there so I can save for her next banner but I'll still pull if she's featured on the banner.

I've also been cleaning out my box and I have to say I like what I'm seeing. In the past, whenever I would inherit skills onto a unit, I would always take all 3 skills in attempt to get the most out an inheritance despite never using the "leftover" skills. However, I don't like only seeing level 1 or level 2 version of a skill so I've been just inheriting skills onto mostly built units so they'll have the level 3 version of a skill just so the sight of an incomplete skill chain can stop bothering me whenever I scroll through a unit's list of skills. I made a list for which level 3 skills most of my units units need and apparently a good number of them still need Spur Defense 3.   

Edited by tobuShogi

53 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

So is there going to be no regular banner between the two swimsuit banners this year?  3 whole weeks for the special banner seems a bit long.

Wouldn't be bad promotional material if they tossed in a banner consisting of some early-joining FE16 characters. No spoilers of course. 

But then again, would that be too early? Or is it just a Book 3 delay? Or a firm belief in the alluring power of swimsuits?

Any chance the Luna and Death Blow banners might be there be because those skills are relatively good and thus a possibly tempting pull for anti-Seasonalites?

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

They're doing this to postpone the beginning of Book III, which they're likely to try to hold off on until the next update. But besides that, two Special Hero banners is actually a good opportunity to save orbs. If the banners in question lack appealing units, aside from the Legendary Banner there is in fact no banner to entice orb spending all the way until Hector's banner comes back in July which is a fantastic chance to save up for CYL which likely will drop in August.

I'm going to go ahead and let the Julia/Deirdre banner die out. I don't have them, but don't particularly need either. And I'll hold off on a last ditch summon for Ninian until I see what the next banner looks like.

This is my thought since it looks to me like they are trying to get the last breath out of book II before they give us book III with hopefully Fjorm's brother as a free unit.  I agree on saving orbs I tried a bit for Ninian but I pulled Shigure instead and I feel like I should save my orbs for Vector and CYL 2, though on CYL 2 I am only going for the guys this time.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wouldn't be bad promotional material if they tossed in a banner consisting of some early-joining FE16 characters. No spoilers of course. 

But then again, would that be too early? Or is it just a Book 3 delay? Or a firm belief in the alluring power of swimsuits?

Any chance the Luna and Death Blow banners might be there be because those skills are relatively good and thus a possibly tempting pull for anti-Seasonalites?

I would be surprised if FE Switch was close enough to have a Banner yet.

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Didn't the SoV banners come with the JP and WW launches? I'm too lazy to check.

10 minutes ago, a bear said:

Didn't the SoV banners come with the JP and WW launches? I'm too lazy to check.

World of Shadows overlapped with the Japanese release, Rite of Shadows with the worldwide release.

So if we were to get an FE Switch banner, it'd probably be closer to release rather than however far in advance we currently are.

One skill banner I want to see eventually is a distant defense banner. It has a nice distribution of people with the skill (Celica, Micaiah, Rhajat, and even Performing Arts Olivia for seasonal/colorless), and I really need distant defense on a lot of my characters.

Also, hi Balc!

@Zeo

As someone else who uses a lot buffs/debuffs for their team, do you consider it effecient? As in, would you say it's consistently doable? Or is it too gimmicky?

I sometimes run into a bit of doubt when showing these because people like to make excuses to put you down and discredit whatever it is you have to offer. "oh but they were debuffed and you gave your character X, Y & Z". Things like that.

I made this Julius into a badass tank, even though he kind of relies on Atk Ploy (especially if he's not always using Close Def). I'm having a lot of success with it, even though I admit a lot of support goes into one unit. Doesn't seem too hard to pull off a Def/Res Tactic + Drives when they're basically ranged (in case of Tactics). I just need one adjacent support partner, even though I admit having said partner with Spur Def Seal on top of Spur Def/Res C-slot is a bit too much?

I dunno. Maybe I'm thinking too much about this...it is a strategy game, of course. All that is part of a strategy, and what is, is. People put too many damn excuses, as if they're a sore loser in Smash or something.

4 hours ago, Zeo said:

They're doing this to postpone the beginning of Book III, which they're likely to try to hold off on until the next update.

They are overstretching an already ultra-thin story. Who will still care about the rite of flames after the summer?