Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Three Houses, huh? Possibly 3 different paths ala Fates? Either way, it has a bit of the Warriors feel to it, what with you attacking with a squad and not just your unit. Overview is PoR/RD-reminiscent, though the graphics are a HUGE upgrade. Also looks like there may be overworld/map exploration like in SoV. All in all, super stoked!

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, silverserpent said:

All in all, super stoked!

Me too, I feel really hyper right now. I was falling asleep at work. I took a walk and got the news of the trailer on my phone. My attention instantly perked up. Wasted two dollars on that energy drink as I do not need it anymore.

Since I do not think I will be getting a Switch anytime soon, I hope they release some of those characters into Heroes when they release the game so I can still get to know these new Heroes and get a glimpse of the story!

Ugh... Glad I am awake now, but now I cannot concentrate on my work with the new game occupying my mind.

@XRay Also excited for Smash. I loved that panorama pic of all the fighters. Robin was just there at the edge, sitting down and reading while everyone else was doing fighting stances.

@silveraura25 I don't think she's a prepromoted Lord. She uses axes and...swords? She's either the starting prepromote, or a temporary unit.

Edited by silverserpent

9 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

So I noticed Edelgard has six move. I'm guessing a prepromoted lord

I can’t wait to not get her, and I can’t wait for her to get Lyn’d.

52 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I can’t wait to not get her, and I can’t wait for her to get Lyn’d.

Does this mean that Edelgard will get 4 alts in Heroes too? 

Probably what has me most excited, weirdly, is the idea of getting more "New Character" Smash Bros trailers.

...what? The Smash 4 ones are amazing, and the quality has not dropped in Ridleys.

...did I ever mention I freaking love Smash Bros? Cause I do. Reason why my official first FE was Awakening was literally because Robin and Lucina intrigued me enough to buy the game on impulse one day.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Durability is back. Why.

As a great Tactician once said...

"B-but...wearing down your enemies' weapons is a battle tactic!"

~Robin's support with Anna in Warriors

Edited by Xenomata

49 minutes ago, Hilda said:

So Hinata can reach 63 Defense with Safeguard and Steady Breath.... Lukas Dethroned!!!

But blue is still a better color than red, so...

Dammit, and just when I decided that I was going to build my +def Hinata to be a fucking tank (like the rest of his team). Now I need two Leens. And I haven't pulled a single Leen, ever.

51 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

That, or you could just blame Breath of the Wild for putting weapon durability back in vogue.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

That conversation sounds interesting. Maybe I should just get the game on the 3DS too. My Switch copy is going to be gathering dust in the foreseeable future since I am not sure when I am going to get the console.

From the tone of Robin's quote, I assume Anna is not pleased with weapon durability. Out of all the characters in Fire Emblem, I thought Anna would actually have been the most ardent supporter of durability so she can get more money by selling more weapons.

56 minutes ago, Zeo said:

But blue is still a better color than red, so...

How so? All primary colors seem relatively equal to me. I do not recall encountering any annoying reds, while greens got LA!Hector, Hector, and Gunnthrá.

10 hours ago, Zeo said:

Stacking Drives, Spurs, Rallies and the like is perfectly fine and definitely do it if you want to and it works. People will always be able to try and debunk a certain type of playstyle if it's not meta. Ally and Summoner Supports are prime examples but they're in the game to make things easier for you so it doesn't make sense not to use them if your units have the synergy.

yeah, like, people seem to forget this shit is just part of the game. A strategy game. If you want to assume characters can't get the tools they need to be good, then don't complain about them being bad afterwards...

9 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Honestly i think the real reason nobody talks about buffs is because its such a low impact thing to team build that it dont warant discussing beyond simply saying "is getting stats for free good? Duh". All buffing means in this game is "choosing 1 c slot over another", and with how hard it is to apply ploy, smoke, and threaten sometimes it become an almost brainless addition

And then you have those like me running Marth 

I don't see how adding +4 to any stat isn't a massive diffrence. Even more-so characters stacking Def/Res Tactics and getting doubled, which means a potential 12 less damage...and don't even get me started on further buff stacking. It's a great way to build durability characters, and I've been having so much success with it. It's also a lot more fun than just throwing a Lynhardt and Blade Tomes as a solution to everything.

27 minutes ago, Hilda said:

So Hinata can reach 63 Defense with Safeguard and Steady Breath.... Lukas Dethroned!!!

Lukas can double Bonfire. Hinata can only land two Moonbows or one Ignis.

20 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Lukas can double Bonfire. Hinata can only land two Moonbows or one Ignis.

This pretty much. It becomes pointless overkill at some point. Lukas firing off multiple nukes will be far more useful then Hinata nuking a character once.

44 minutes ago, XRay said:

From the tone of Robin's quote, I assume Anna is not pleased with weapon durability. Out of all the characters in Fire Emblem, I thought Anna would actually have been the most ardent supporter of durability so she can get more money by selling more weapons.

That's completely wrong. Here's the whole thing, straight from Fire Emblem Wiki and I can confirm it's more or less accurate, save for grammatical errors.

Spoiler
  • Anna: Step right up! Everything in the store is half-price today and today only! Well, well. If it isn't Robin! Take a look around. We've got quite a selection.
  • Robin: It's so busy in here. Are you sure I won't be distracting you?
  • Anna: Of course not! Any friend of mine is considered a VIP.
  • Robin: Let's have a look then... Oh, wow! You weren't kidding about that sale.
  • Anna: No I wasn't! And there's an additional discount for regular customers.
  • Robin: Really? You're basically giving this stuff away. How can this be? This sword is so light... It almost feels like a toy.
  • Anna: Ah, Missiletainn! A legendary swordsman once used it to save an entire village.
  • Robin: Does that story fool anyone, Anna? Though it would be good for defense...
  • Anna: Give it a swing! It's got a lot of power. I'll even let you borrow it if you want.
  • Robin: Hah! No thanks. I think it's meant for someone a little more...pretentious. But this spear is pretty interesting... Are those shells?
  • Anna: Right now you're holding the Summer of Bones, a legend in the southern lands. It flies completely straight when thrown and is known to make its wielder sigh.
  • Robin: And that's a selling point? Huh... A throwing spear with shells. Weird.
  • Anna: Maybe, but one attack with this spear can incapacitate a tactician instantly.
  • Robin: A tactician?! I'll just put this down then... Weapons from this world are impressive. I've seen some take out multiple enemies in one blow without taking any damage!
  • Anna: You don't have weapons in your world that can do that?
  • Robin: No. I'm used to a weapon breaking after you use it over and over again.
  • Anna: Yikes! Weapons from your world sound super inconvenient.
  • Robin: No, it just means you have to treat them with care--bond with them.
  • Anna: Hmm... I bet if I took these weapons to your world I'd make a killing!
  • Robin: What?! How would you even get them there?
  • Anna: Leave the business plans to the experts, Robin. You got here, didn't you? All I have to do is figure that out, and then...BOOM! I'll be swimming in cash!
  • Robin: B-but...wearing down your enemies' weapons is a battle tactic!
  • Anna: So you're saying I might face some resistance on the other end... Huh... Well, once they see what these babies can do, they'll be lining up for one! ­As a thank-you for giving me this idea, I guess I should give you a profit share.
  • Robin: R-really? Oh...well. Thank you, Anna... You really are quite the businesswoman.
  • Anna: Hey, there are no discounts for flattery. Except on the Missiletainn.
  • Robin: No offense, but you couldn't pay me to take that sword.

Besides referencing Cordelia's Javelin from her supports with Robin and the Missiletainn, Anna is completely on board with selling infinite-durability weapons to the shnobs in Ylisse who break their weapons within 3 hits (Glass weaponry), and Robin... says it's tactical to wear them down.

Edited by Xenomata

11 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

That's completely wrong. Here's the whole thing, straight from Fire Emblem Wiki and I can confirm it's more or less accurate, save for grammatical errors.

Hide contents
  • Anna: Step right up! Everything in the store is half-price today and today only! Well, well. If it isn't Robin! Take a look around. We've got quite a selection.
  • Robin: It's so busy in here. Are you sure I won't be distracting you?
  • Anna: Of course not! Any friend of mine is considered a VIP.
  • Robin: Let's have a look then... Oh, wow! You weren't kidding about that sale.
  • Anna: No I wasn't! And there's an additional discount for regular customers.
  • Robin: Really? You're basically giving this stuff away. How can this be? This sword is so light... It almost feels like a toy.
  • Anna: Ah, Missiletainn! A legendary swordsman once used it to save an entire village.
  • Robin: Does that story fool anyone, Anna? Though it would be good for defense...
  • Anna: Give it a swing! It's got a lot of power. I'll even let you borrow it if you want.
  • Robin: Hah! No thanks. I think it's meant for someone a little more...pretentious. But this spear is pretty interesting... Are those shells?
  • Anna: Right now you're holding the Summer of Bones, a legend in the southern lands. It flies completely straight when thrown and is known to make its wielder sigh.
  • Robin: And that's a selling point? Huh... A throwing spear with shells. Weird.
  • Anna: Maybe, but one attack with this spear can incapacitate a tactician instantly.
  • Robin: A tactician?! I'll just put this down then... Weapons from this world are impressive. I've seen some take out multiple enemies in one blow without taking any damage!
  • Anna: You don't have weapons in your world that can do that?
  • Robin: No. I'm used to a weapon breaking after you use it over and over again.
  • Anna: Yikes! Weapons from your world sound super inconvenient.
  • Robin: No, it just means you have to treat them with care--bond with them.
  • Anna: Hmm... I bet if I took these weapons to your world I'd make a killing!
  • Robin: What?! How would you even get them there?
  • Anna: Leave the business plans to the experts, Robin. You got here, didn't you? All I have to do is figure that out, and then...BOOM! I'll be swimming in cash!
  • Robin: B-but...wearing down your enemies' weapons is a battle tactic!
  • Anna: So you're saying I might face some resistance on the other end... Huh... Well, once they see what these babies can do, they'll be lining up for one! ­As a thank-you for giving me this idea, I guess I should give you a profit share.
  • Robin: R-really? Oh...well. Thank you, Anna... You really are quite the businesswoman.
  • Anna: Hey, there are no discounts for flattery. Except on the Missiletainn.
  • Robin: No offense, but you couldn't pay me to take that sword.

Besides referencing Cordelia's Javelin from her supports with Robin and the Missiletainn, Anna is completely on board with selling infinite-durability weapons to the shnobs in Ylisse who break their weapons within 3 hits (Glass weaponry), and Robin... says it's tactical to wear them down.

Ah, okay. Yeah. Reading the whole thing makes more sense.

Feels weird how the summer banners are already just over a week away. I'd say I'm more hyped for upcoming Heroes content than I am for the new Switch game, after watching that trailer, which I can't believe I'm saying.

Edited by Alkaid

3 hours ago, Hilda said:

Like others have said, Slaying weapons are better for the double bonfires. Regardless, Draug can get even more Def than Lukas or Hinata.

4 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

So I noticed Edelgard has six move. I'm guessing a prepromoted lord

Tier 1 Infantry have 6 move in the Tellius games.

3 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I'd say I'm more hyped for upcoming Heroes content than I am for the new Switch game, after watching that trailer, which I can't believe I'm saying.

I wish the newer Fire Emblem games had the same kind of simplicity as the older titles, specifically the GBA games. When it comes to recommendations to newcomers to the series, I always still end up recommending Blazing Sword because of just how lightweight the game mechanics are there.

I do, on the other hand, love the old Tellius feel to the movement and range indicators.

But yeah, even with the trailer, the release date is so far out that I don't really have any hype for it.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I wish the newer Fire Emblem games had the same kind of simplicity as the older titles, specifically the GBA games. When it comes to recommendations to newcomers to the series, I always still end up recommending Blazing Sword because of just how lightweight the game mechanics are there.

I do, on the other hand, love the old Tellius feel to the movement and range indicators.

But yeah, even with the trailer, the release date is so far out that I don't really have any hype for it.

We didn't get a whole lot of info on how new mechanics will work, so I'm pretty neutral on that front until we learn more. (though I'll say I wish weapon durability didn't return) It was mostly the game's presentation that we could judge, and as for that I was pretty underwhelmed. I'd say I prefer even the Heroes OCs' designs over the rather bland-looking characters that were shown, and I wasn't a big fan of the new art style either. Something about it felt out of place to me, like it's more suited for a game in a high school setting like Persona instead.

I guess my gut feeling that it would get delayed to 2019 ended up being true. Between the wait time and the above gripes, I'm more interested in the upcoming summer banners than I am more Three Houses info at this point.

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I have no idea why you'd go for natures that clearly suck for Julius and Michalis, but you do you.

Well with Julius he has more than enough res especially with the builds he often runs, however being doubled by everything really sucks.  Having 31 speed, well that is workable with buffs/skills/support to at least make it so he isn't doubled by many units.  This increases is most vulnerable stat, defense immensely. 

With Michalis I wasn't thinking too hard on that, though similarly in a flier team Michalis with hone and super boon speed he gets 36spd again a good stat to not be doubled by many units.  It isn't about BST but increasing survivability.  However Michalis and his special procing usually wants to be doubled, so then maybe -spd/+atk or  +def would be better.  

I wasn't thinking about BST bins at all, just what stat spreads would work best for the unit.