• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, hunty said:

Still undecided between Iceberg and Moonbow as his special though.

Screenshot_20170411-231603_(1).png

8 defense? Geez, make sure you don't put him in front of physical attackers then. But yeah, Iceberg would be the better option because of his Res.

Thank you people! <3

Yeah, I wasn't 100% sure about Iceberg as Life and Death 3 reduces his base Res by 5 but seems like it is still the best option.

@hunty Man congratulations, that's what fans do. Now that I think of it, screw Anna, I'll dump my next 20k feathers on Cecilia. She has all skills ready to be learnt.

Game undergoing maintenance. Maintenance hype!

Edited by Quintessence

What the heck, how does a lv. 40 5 star have only 8 defense? o_O

Anyway, nice dedication tho! Just like my love for a certain Ylisse butler knight. <3

Also, I think despite my dislike of Elibe and disinterest in FE6, I'll get Zephiel. Armors are hard to get in the game already and I just don't care to use Effie or Gwendolyn (I can't stand Effie's voice or battle panties and my god Gwendolyn's art. I didn't realize how bad it was until rather recently, but why is she so damn skinny?!). Sheena seems to be a very rare pull. Hector is definitely a rare pull. And I already have Draug.

And yes, Maintenance hype! :D

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

5-star Niles has 17 base Def. -Def reduces that to 13 Def. Life and Death 3 reduces that to 8 Def.

Could be worse. 5-star -Res Life and Death 3 Ogma has a pitiful 5 Res.

It's a shame that Eckesachs is 1 range only despite it being 1-2 range in Binding Blade. Anyone know Zephiel's skills?

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

5-star Niles has 17 base Def. -Def reduces that to 13 Def. Life and Death 3 reduces that to 8 Def.

Could be worse. 5-star -Res Life and Death 3 Ogma has a pitiful 5 Res.

Oh geez. Yeah, that is pitiful.

Just now, Falcom said:

It's a shame that Eckesachs is 1 range only despite it being 1-2 range in Binding Blade. Anyone know Zephiel's skills?

Life and Death, Wary Fighter, Reprisal.

Here's hoping he maxes out the Life and Death chain as a 4*.

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Does he have high res? I hope not, because if I recall right, he's a sword guy, and my best unit against that is male Robin, meaning magic.

Neutral Zephiel has 24 Res as a level 40 5-star. With Life and Death 3, that decreases to 19. However, he has the highest HP of any obtainable unit in the game at 55 base (5 points higher than Effie's).

That said, Wary Fighter will prevent him from being double attacked without a skill to negate it. Even with Life and Death 3, however, he only has a mere 21 Spd (his base 16 Spd is the lowest in the game, 2 points lower than Sophia's), meaning virtually anyone with Swordbreaker will double attack him.

On the other hand, you can probably expect other units on the map to have the armor-specific buffs, which can make him much tougher to take down, and Eckesachs's innate Threaten Def 2 means you'll have trouble baiting him into attacking into a Quick Riposte without taking a lot of damage in the process. I'd expect him to start with two armors next to him to give Hone Armor and Fortify Armor buffs similarly to Michalis.

Reprisal is also extremely dangerous with his massive HP pool and its low cooldown.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Neutral Zephiel has 24 Res as a level 40 5-star. With Life and Death 3, that decreases to 19. However, he has the highest HP of any obtainable unit in the game at 55 base (5 points higher than Effie's).

That said, Wary Fighter will prevent him from being double attacked without a skill to negate it. Even with Life and Death 3, however, he only has a mere 21 Spd (his base 16 Spd is the lowest in the game, 2 points lower than Sophia's), meaning virtually anyone with Swordbreaker will double attack him.

On the other hand, you can probably expect other units on the map to have the armor-specific buffs, which can make him much tougher to take down, and Eckesachs's innate Threaten Def 2 means you'll have trouble baiting him into attacking into a Quick Riposte without taking a lot of damage in the process. I'd expect him to start with two armors next to him to give Hone Armor and Fortify Armor buffs similarly to Michalis.

Reprisal is also extremely dangerous with his massive HP pool and its low cooldown.

My male Robin has Swordbreaker, so that's no big deal then. Just hope he's strong enough to one-round him so I'm not forced to try using Olivia...

Other armors being there tho? No problem, I got Freddy Bear hammer power! ...Wait, does this mean he could be a Zephiel battle focus unit?! :o

Edited by Anacybele

Oh thank god Zepheil has Wary Fighter. I cringed when I saw that speed stat. But I feel like all his other skills have to go. Life and Death isn't helping him and Death Blow looks like a nicer fit. Plus his special needs to be changed to something like Ignis or Bonfire. 

18 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Life and Death, Wary Fighter, Reprisal.

Here's hoping he maxes out the Life and Death chain as a 4*.

Oooh. Those are some nice skills indeed. (Finally no more grand heroes with AOE skills).

I also hope he gets Life and Death 3 at 4*. I don't think I plan on having an armored unit on my main team. So as good as Wary Fighter might be, I simply have no use for it.

Are the "story" versions of the GHB units actually indicative of their playable versions, weapons aside? I always figured they had inflated stats and would pull whatever skills off the wall. 9-5 Xander in particular seemed insane from what I remember.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

My male Robin has Swordbreaker, so that's no big deal then. Just hope he's strong enough to one-round him so I'm not forced to try using Olivia...

Other armors being there tho? No problem, I got Freddy Bear hammer power! ...Wait, does this mean he could be a Zephiel battle focus unit?! :o

Just now, r_n said:

Are the "story" versions of the GHB units actually indicative of their playable versions, weapons aside? I always figured they had inflated stats and would pull whatever skills off the wall. 9-5 Xander in particular seemed insane from what I remember.

Lunatic Navarre had +16 HP, +1 Spd, +1 Def, and +1 Res relative to his player character 5-star base stats.

Lunatic Michalis had +17 HP, +1 Atk, +1 Spd, and +1 Def relative to his player character 5-star base stats.

Also, oh god that means Zephiel will probably be sitting with at least 71 HP.

2 minutes ago, r_n said:

They are not.

9-3 Ursula had Goad Cavalry, but her GHB does not. Xander similarly had Quick Riposte in 9-5, but according to hacking done by /u/barthen on reddit, he does not have this skill in his playable kit.

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Lunatic Navarre had +16 HP, +1 Spd, +1 Def, and +1 Res relative to his player character 5-star base stats.

Lunatic Michalis had +17 HP, +1 Atk, +1 Spd, and +1 Def relative to his player character 5-star base stats.

Also, oh god that means Zephiel will probably be sitting with at least 71 HP.

Lunatic Ursula had +15 HP relative to her player character 5-star base stats.

So basically we should expect Lunatic Zephiel to have at the minimum 70 HP.

In the best case scenario where his only stat modification is +15 HP and assuming he does have Hone Armor and Fortify Armor like Michalis, we're talking a monster with 70/39/25 defenses and 62/27 offenses.

He survives +Atk unboosted vanilla Reinhardt with 16 HP left. +Atk unboosted Death Blow 3 Reinhardt deals exactly 70 damage for the kill.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 minutes ago, Kiran said:

I'm just waiting for the map to come out and we're all going to be screwed by his buddies with Fortify + Hone Armor and Reposition/Pivot. It'll be a moving wall of death. 

I bet there will be some wings of mercy units thrown in too

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Anyway, nice dedication tho! Just like my love for a certain Ylisse butler knight. <3

Also, I think despite my dislike of Elibe and disinterest in FE6, I'll get Zephiel. Armors are hard to get in the game already and I just don't care to use Effie or Gwendolyn (I can't stand Effie's voice or battle panties and my god Gwendolyn's art. I didn't realize how bad it was until rather recently, but why is she so damn skinny?!). Sheena seems to be a very rare pull. Hector is definitely a rare pull. And I already have Draug.

And yes, Maintenance hype! :D

I kinda like Effie's voice, it's nice to have some female voices that aren't the high-pitched kawaii that're all too common in Japanese games.

1 hour ago, Falcom said:

I'm kinda glad that the limit 1-2 range.  An even Hector-y Hector would be on every single Arena team.

I remember doing Lunatic 9-2 for the first time and using my Roy to fight Zephiel

It took so many turns because he hardly did any damage and Lissa had to heal him up a lot... It was hard. I didn't finish FE6 but I wonder if Zephiel vs Roy was so one-sided in the original game. I played the chapter again later with the Lunatic quests and just used F!Corrin instead :P