Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Anyone have any guesses about the next summer banner in July? Think they'll go with Heroes OCs again like last year? Personally, I'm hoping they utilize one of the games that has three or less characters in summer themes. Jugdral, Valentia, Elibe. SOMETHING that isn't Three Houses/Hopes or Heroes.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I'm still expecting to see some FEH originals on the second banner (specifically some combination of Eir, Ganglot and Ymir). There are voice actor connections to two of those characters: kid Hector got Ganglot's JP VA, and Dorothy got Eir's JP VA. Ideally, I'd like to see both Valentia and Jugdral but somehow I don't think IS will go with either of them.

The thing I'm more interested in is if they do a second straight Duo Hero. They have yet to do back-to-back Duos or back-to-back Harmonics this year when last year, they had Roy/Eliwood into Edelgard/Altina (Harmonics), Thorr/Loki into Nina/Kagero (Duos) and Duma/Mila into Laegjarn/Fjorm (Duos).

Edited by Tybrosion

Last year was half Heroes, half Sacred Stones and full Three Houses. So with two of those games ticked off already, they do have freedom now to either go full Heroes, or perhaps half Heroes again and half something new?

Actually looking back to 2021, it was half Heroes half Archanea (and of course full Three Houses) so they might go back to that. Going back further yields no more useful info because it was 3H and SS again in 2020. It'd be good for me because my FE1 line-up for LHBs and Resonant Battles is pretty horrific.

Edited by Humanoid

The only think I don't want to see is Summer Embla... I don't want to see that C skill of her during Astra/Anima seasons as well.

Considering it will have a Harmonized Hero, it may have at least 2 titles. I would like to see a Valentia Summer banner. Or Jugdral.

If we go by Harmonized Heroes titles, it's been a while since we had one from Echoes, Genealogy of Tellius in general.

Last Harmonized Hero by Game Timeline

September 2021: Genealogy (Leif & Seliph)

January 2022: Path of Radiance (Azura & Leanne)
March 2022: Valentia (Sonya & Tharja)
May 2022: Binding Blade (Roy & Eliwood)
June 2022: Radiant Dawn, Three Houses (Edelgard & Altina)
September 2022: Sacred Stones (Tana & Peony)
December 2022: Fates (Cordelia & Selena / Severa)

January 2023: Thracia (Linde & Sara)
March 2023: Blazing Blade, Heroes (Karla & Freyja)
May 2023: Awakening, Archanea (Tiki & Tiki)

The only thing that surprises me here is that it has been an entire year since Fodlan's last Harmonized Hero.

Meanwhile with Genealogy, perhaps it wouldn't be this long since its previous Harmonized Hero if they didn't spend all of 2022 playing "The Floor is Lava" but with seasonal Jugdral Heroes as the lava.

The next Resplendent Hero is again announced early, this one being Ljosalfheimr Nina:

chara_img_00069022000289_01.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00069022000289_02.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00069022000289_03.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00069022000289_04.png

The watercolor look of the art is very pretty. The BL books in her damaged art are amusing, though I do wonder where they appeared from.

I'm willing to give this one a pass for being another Ljosalfheimr outfit only because the art is so nice, but it is getting annoying that we still haven't gotten a single Jotunheimr or Nidavellir outfit this year, and we haven't gotten any Vanaheimr outfits at all.

The shading on her face in the neutral art looks kinda odd.

Also, she totally stole Mirabilis's wings.

As for usability, Nina's stats are actually not too bad. She has 39/44 offenses with maximum Dragonflowers, which is just barely short of Kiragi's 39+/44+ offenses and only because he has superboons in both stats, though the recent release of Dorothy with her gigantic 47/44+ offenses and Young Rebecca with her extremely strong weapon make Nina less worth using over these units that are much easier to obtain and merge.

Her weapon isn't terrible, as the effects are comparable to Arcane Nastrond's, but the conditions can be a huge pain to work with, as she needs both members of a support pair to be within 3 spaces. If you're building her despite Kiragi and Dorothy strictly outclassing her offensively, you're probably still better of giving her Arcane Nastrond over using her default weapon for ease of use since the effects are so similar.

14 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

The shading on her face in the neutral art looks kinda odd.

It's not a common shading style, but it's not particularly rare, either. I think it's also a bit more common with styles that use this watercolor look.

...shit, I gotta sub to Feh Pass for another month.

Seriously, watch literally any of my Abyssal Hero Battle clears? Nina is on pretty much all of them. Bonus, she looks pretty! As do most dream fairy Resplendents do, I guess, but still. Man, now I kinda wish I subbed a little later, since I don't even use Ninian for anything except Dragon Valor...

Weird her bow is still just the natural Fates Silver Bow instead of the recolored Spy-Song Bow, but then I guess this wouldn't be the first time a unit didn't receive a different weapon from their original art in their Resplendent outfit. Ironically her Resp. outfit actually has some colors to match the Fates Silver Bow...

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's not a common shading style, but it's not particularly rare, either. I think it's also a bit more common with styles that use this watercolor look.

That might be so. Maybe I'm just distracted by the fact that the spot where her nose should be looks the same as the blush marks on her cheeks.

So she looks like she doesn't have a nose.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Her weapon isn't terrible, as the effects are comparable to Arcane Nastrond's, but the conditions can be a huge pain to work with, as she needs both members of a support pair to be within 3 spaces.

Outside of Save teams, is her Weapon's condition even tolerable anywhere else?

Maybe super tank teams where she sits right behind the supertank? But that is only if there is no Lunger or something, and I remember them being common on Aether Raids defense.

Edited by XRay

36 minutes ago, XRay said:

Outside of Save teams, is her Weapon's condition even tolerable anywhere else?

She works on Harmonized Catria teams since you already need to be within 2 spaces of 2 allies to activate Triangle Attack, so being within 3 spaces of 2 units that are supported with each other isn't that much more trouble, and the teleportation effect helps.

39 minutes ago, XRay said:

Maybe super tank teams where she sits right behind the supertank? But that is only if there is no Lunger or something, and I remember them being common on Aether Raids defense.

Lunge dropped off rather quickly after Save tanks were released. It still exists, but it's now rather rare to run into.

Oh boy, another Fates Resplendent that isn’t Camilla, Soleil or Leo.

At this point, we’ll probably get Resplendent Rhajat before any of the above names (and also before Tharja because of course).

8 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Also, she totally stole Mirabilis's wings.

Mirabilis is the daydream fairy, so this is definitely on brand for Nina.

36 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm genuinely surprised Leo hasn't gotten a Resplendent yet. Especially since Takumi got one. I can see Xander still waiting even though Ryoma got one, only because it took ages for them to even do one Grail unit, but Leo? Seems weird.

I'd argue Camilla is a weirder case.

• sexy girl unga bungas, men gamers think with their "tails"
  • definitely a popular enough character, if her having a high alts count is anything to say about it (for all it matters, considering Lyn the other high-alt-count woman was literally the first Resplendent hero)
  • currently the only one of the original 8 Focus heroes (Marth, Roy, Takumi, young Tiki, Lucina, Lyn and male Robin being the others) to not have a Resplendent alt.
Edited by Xenomata

After looking over my notes, Nina [349th in CYL7] usurps Est [321st] for the title of "character with the worst CYL rank to get a Resplendent". Resplendent Nina also arrives after the 8th ranked character [F!Robin] and the 10th ranked character [Sigurd] got their Resplendents this month.

So in honor of the further lowering of popularity standards to get a Resplendent, here's everyone from CYL7's top 100 (and Camilla) who still doesn't have a Resplendent (for now, I'll only list characters that were added by the end of Book II since no Book III era or beyond Resplendents exist yet):

Spoiler

Veronica [Heroes]: 2nd Place Female and 4th Overall in CYL2
Camilla [Fates]: 2nd Place Female and 3rd Overall in CYL3
Tiki [Awakening]: 1st Place Female and 2nd Overall in CYL6
Soren [PoR / RD]: 2nd Place Male and Overall
Black Knight [PoR / RD]: 15th
Tharja [Awakening]: 18th
Lyon [Sacred Stones]: 27th
Leo [Fates]: 32nd
Nephenee [PoR / RD]: 43rd
Ayra [GotHW]: 44th
Fjorm [Heroes]: 46th*
Berkut [SoV]: 47th
Finn [GotHW / Thracia]: 61st
Zelgius [PoR / RD]: 64th
Catria [SD / NM]: 68th
Xander [Fates]: 70th
Laegjarn [Heroes]: 74th
Myrrh [Sacred Stones]: 76th
Soleil [Fates]: 92nd
Lute [Sacred Stones]: 93rd
Seth [Sacred Stones]: 95th
Owain [Awakening]: 98th
Sakura [Fates]: 100th
*Not really sure about her getting one due to being a Legendary Hero.
**Alfonse [Heroes; 12th] and Sharena [Heroes; 13th] are left off because IS seems dead set on never giving out additional copies of the Askr Trio.

12 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

She works on Harmonized Catria teams since you already need to be within 2 spaces of 2 allies to activate Triangle Attack, so being within 3 spaces of 2 units that are supported with each other isn't that much more trouble, and the teleportation effect helps.

Lunge dropped off rather quickly after Save tanks were released. It still exists, but it's now rather rare to run into.

I wonder if we'll ever get an upgraded counterpart to Lunge. Knock Back and Hit and Run got improved versions a long time ago, and now Book 7 has introduced Tier 4 versions of both of those, but Lunge and Drag Back are still on their own. Maybe they'll get "Flow" variants for cavalry?

11 hours ago, Othin said:

I wonder if we'll ever get an upgraded counterpart to Lunge. Knock Back and Hit and Run got improved versions a long time ago, and now Book 7 has introduced Tier 4 versions of both of those, but Lunge and Drag Back are still on their own. Maybe they'll get "Flow" variants for cavalry?

Lunge Flow should also have Pass as an additional Tier 4 effect instead of the stat boost. So even if you cannot swap with a Save tank, there is a chance to hit their backline if it is not protected.

Managed to pull SV!Edelgard and decided to field her in MS. Three actions in one turn with the help of Assault Troop is very fun. It can be 4 since I have her paired with Thorr but I was too lazy to switch between them. I'm actually thinking of going back to the banner for one more copy since I would like to use her more now that I have her and the extra merge helps with scoring in RB. Too bad the banner ends on the day before the trailer for the next SH banner would go up but I think I'd still want the copy more. The L/M banner is coming up pretty soon and I would also like 2 copies of the arcane bow for inheritance since there's a good chance R!Tana will be a focus since she's next in line to get rerun but I don't even have the 2 units that I would give the weapon to so I'm not in a rush.

Edited by Flying Shogi

Yeah, I still feel she's probably the best unit in the game. Would love another copy too, especially since mine is -Atk, but her missing out on the AHR banner due to Voting
Gauntlet shenanigans sadly put paid to that. 😞

I'd be perfectly happy for her to take up a slot for the next AHR but then she'd probably lose again in the first round.

9 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Yeah, I still feel she's probably the best unit in the game. Would love another copy too, especially since mine is -Atk, but her missing out on the AHR banner due to Voting
Gauntlet shenanigans sadly put paid to that. 😞

I'd be perfectly happy for her to take up a slot for the next AHR but then she'd probably lose again in the first round.

Blame Fallen Edelgard for that

Summer Edelgard might've had more support had people not been joining Camilla to oust F!Edelgard/joining f!Edelgard for the lolz

10 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

had people not been joining Camilla to oust F!Edelgard/joining f!Edelgard for the lolz

And I was one of them, so kind of my own fault, yes. >.>

And in the end, I had to spark Camilla anyway after getting zero copies in 80 pulls, so it was sort of a fail all round.

(I have a late comment on Nina's art.)

Looking at Nina's damaged art, I can't make sense of what the heck is going on in the left book, but the right looks like Marth's Falchion x ... I should know this, uh... Is that Tyrfing? Well, we already know she ships inanimate objects after deciding that they're all dudes. But seriously Nina, if you're going to wear a short skirt and tights, wear a slip or shorts underneath. (You can see her butt between the petals of the ravaged skirt. Bold of the artist, and I guess it was gotten away with.)