Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

9 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Don't give up! I actually wanted to compliment you on reaching 3.500 before you posted this, since I know you had some troubles. That's only 500 from the max feather output for offence points. 

Most people indeed run mages and dancers, the first one because they have 2-range and most units naturally have lower res. The second one to catch people offguard. It's indeed not good for units like Frederick, unless he can oneshot the mages. Still, as hard as it is, if you still have a bit of fun with it, doing 'badly' (subjective) in arena is still more profitable than not doing arena at all.

Ofcourse, you play this game for fun. Partly for the game itself and probably partly to talk with the community here. If you really don't enjoy playing and mostly get frustrated/sad with it, it might be good to take a break from it. If you do though, other people will probably get more feathers and skills in the meantime, so you might wind up a bit more behind if you decide to come back.

Keep the 5-stars if you can. I know the 1.000 feathers must be tempting, but their weapons and skills are worth much more most of the time for inherit skill.

Lastly, only if you want to, but maybe we can look at your units and team you have and try and come up with something? No pressure, just offering.

Thanks for the compliment. And exactly, only 500 away from the max feather output for an offensive score...

Well, it's too bad I don't have any good mages myself except for the Robins (female eats blue tome and cav units and male can take care of swords and colorless). But neither are 5 star. I also have Merric, but he's another green 4 star. The rest of the mages I have are fricken Henry and Sophia. Nobody uses them (unless they really like those characters). I have an adult Tiki, but I've not used her yet. And I don't really care to. And it sucks, I put so much work into Frederick to make him a staple because not only is he my favorite character in the game so far other than Ryoma, I thought he could be really good with his bulk and attack power combined with his movement. I didn't expect many people to use mages because of their squishy defenses.

I did pull Nino once, and I do regret sending her home. but I've literally never had any other mages besides those I've mentioned other than Raigh, who nobody seems to use either and I got rid of him as well. Never pulled any others.

I'm keeping my 5 stars. I would be throwing away all the work I put into Frederick and Marth especially if I sent them home. And I still love my Frederick...

I know people have told me to use more calculations and stuff, but I simply don't have the skill for that. I was never good at those. I should be looking at skills more too though.

And thanks for the offer, I guess it wouldn't hurt.

18 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Oh man :(

What was the team you used? I can help you make a good team!

5 star Frederick, Marth, and Klein. 4 star Sharena because bonus unit. She's the only bonus unit I have trained up this time.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, Elieson said:

ohohoho, 5* Ursula. I'ev been wanting to do this myself, but camping at 4* 40 with Blarblade Ursula so far, while I stockpile more Feathers in the hunt for more Cavalry boosters

Hardest part is sadly fitting in more Horsie Steroid than Gunter and it surprisingly misses some key targets(Ninian and Hector after some chipping). I think once i had the feather its finally time to let go of old man Gunter and let Frederick continue the charge

On the other hand i wish we'll be getting more Flying Tome user in the future. Its surprisingly easy to fulfill the steroid for that since Olivia and Caeda completes 4 stats buff

Edited by JSND

1 minute ago, immatx said:

Yay! I get to use Julia again this week :)

Does anyone know how well Navarre counters Hector?

Assuming Navarre is 5* 40, he's gonna need some help. Not even a Hone Atk buff can secure a ORKO, and Armads leaves him with 4 HP. Do you have anyone else you can use for your bonus?

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Assuming Navarre is 5* 40, he's gonna need some help. Not even a Hone Atk buff can secure a ORKO, and Armads leaves him with 4 HP. Do you have anyone else you can use for your bonus?

Ugh, that's disappointing. I'm not sure, I haven't looked at the list yet I just assumed he'd be on it. If I let Hector attack him first would he be left with more HP? I don't need him to ORKO, just drop Hector around half so that Julia can nuke him.

Just now, immatx said:

Ugh, that's disappointing. I'm not sure, I haven't looked at the list yet I just assumed he'd be on it. If I let Hector attack him first would he be left with more HP? I don't need him to ORKO, just drop Hector around half so that Julia can nuke him.

Yep. Navarre does about half to Hector's health with a buff, though since Vantage is becoming more common on Hector you might want to try something else.

4 minutes ago, immatx said:

Navarre deals 10 damage per hit to +def Hector and 13 to =def. He can take two hits. So he can handle Hector on his own if you let Hector attack the first two times and if you attack after that he wins. Don't know how much that's worth though.

Edited by Bartozio

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Yep. Navarre does about half to Hector's health with a buff, though since Vantage is becoming more common on Hector you might want to try something else.

Hmm, I think I might be fine then. I just need to drop him low enough where Armads doesn't let him double. I have all of the possible bonus heroes not including the ones in the Alm banner, but only Cecilia is trained at 4* lv40.

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

Navarre deals 10 damage per hit to +def Hector and 13 to =def. He can take two hits. So he can handle Hector on his own if you let Hector attack the first two times and attack after that he wins. Don't know how much that's worth though.

That should be enough for my purposes. Hector is the only one my main three can't easily handle.

44 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I guess I need to somehow pull a full new team of 5 stars. The rest, I don't know what I'll do with them. I don't want to send them home after the work I put into them, but I don't want to use them anymore either...

Nothing wrong with building up a big set of trained units you aren't currently using but have in reserve for when anything might come up. I've been collecting a ton of them.

1 minute ago, immatx said:

Letting Hector attack first is usually a good idea, especially since he tends to be the last enemy left so there's no hurry.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

5 star Frederick, Marth, and Klein. 4 star Sharena because bonus unit. She's the only bonus unit I have trained up this time.

Since you can't really fit in a Dancer, how about you give your units some movement Assists like Draw Back, Swap and Reposition? In certain cases, they can be functionally the same as a Dancer. For example, if you manage to bait out a unit that Klein can ORKO, but something that can kill Klein is also in range, you could pull him away with Draw Back or Reposition, or slot in someone else to take the hit with Swap. Back when I didn't have a Dancer, this was the next best thing, and helped me win way more battles, because I could kill things on Player Phase and get away with it.

@Bartozio I'm not sure what scoring range @immatx plays in, but for me personally, the team compositions I've been running into make games go by much faster so making strategies dedicated to taking out one unit with two or taking place over several turns is a bad idea. Then again, Hector only has one move so some proper baiting can ensure he is always the last unit dealt with in a given map.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Bartozio I'm not sure what scoring range @immatx plays in, but for me personally, the team compositions I've been running into make games go by much faster so making strategies dedicated to taking out one unit with two or taking place over several turns is a bad idea. Then again, Hector only has one move so some proper baiting can ensure he is always the last unit dealt with in a given map.

I was at 4650 last round, but before the update I was consistently around 4200. I play defensive so I always have time to multi-round Hector at the end.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Since you can't really fit in a Dancer--[snip]

The easiest fix to Ana's team is replacing Marth with Olivia. That's it.

Though General recently exploded over this exact issue a few days ago so I'm not counting on anything being different this time.

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I agree, which is why I said I didn't know if it mattered. Still, it might be relevant since he only seemed to care about beating Hector. Also, Hector is ofter the last to arrive to the battle, so if you can kill other units that fast, it only gives you more time to deal with Hector?

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wtf, how did I double post? I only hit the reply button once...

Yeah It happens to other people sometimes too

Olivia on your team works some wonders if you swap Marth, but I know you don't like using her so........

Try Male robin, Klein, Marth, Sharena. I'm not too sure how well you'll do, but I feel Frederick may be dragging you down since he is green and whatnot.

After failing to get far with a Lucina/Cherche/Nowi/Azura team in the arena and finally falling back on my usual strategy, I decided to use the 2 remaining swords I had trying out a Lucina/Fae/Ephraim/Faye team and I've been surprised by Faye's effectiveness even with base skills. The ability to completely disregard Vantage is amazing and the mobility Wings of Mercy gives her also saved her from death quite a few times. 

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

I agree, which is why I said I didn't know if it mattered. Still, it might be relevant since he only seemed to care about beating Hector. Also, Hector is ofter the last to arrive to the battle, so if you can kill other units that fast, it only gives you more time to deal with Hector?

We're in agreement so let's not argue past each other here. I'm trying to think of more fringe scenarios where KO'ing Hector last isn't always feasible, depending on the map and the presence / absence of a dancer, but the odds are low enough that maybe he shouldn't have to worry about it happening.

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

The easiest fix to Ana's team is replacing Marth with Olivia. That's it.

Though General recently exploded over this exact issue a few days ago so I'm not counting on anything being different this time.

Is 4* Olivia any good against Hector? I'm usually reluctant to have Olivia as my only Red, but I guess since she has Klein it matters less except against Hector.

But anyway, if she refuses to use Olivia, then at least she has another option to consider. 

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Is 4* Olivia any good against Hector? I'm usually reluctant to have Olivia as my only Red, but I guess since she has Klein it matters less except against Hector.

But anyway, if she refuses to use Olivia, then at least she has another option to consider. 

Frederick has his Hammer and base 39 Def; I don't think Hector is an issue. Between the two though, Ana would drop Marth long before she would consider doing anything to Fred.

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

We're in agreement so let's not argue past each other here. I'm trying to think of more fringe scenarios where KO'ing Hector last isn't always feasible, depending on the map and the presence / absence of a dancer, but the odds are low enough that maybe he shouldn't have to worry about it happening.

The only situation I've run into where it isn't possible is the presence of a dancer along with Hector, and mages/Takumi as the rest of the team. An argument could be made for teams with both Effie and Hector, but anyone running a green mage shouldn't have a problem taking out Effie first.

@Anacybele I have not changed my original opinion that even your 3* -Spd Olivia is a far better option than any of the 4*s of 5*s you have, but I won't continue pushing you to use her.

So aside from Olivia and keeping in mind you want to use Frederick no matter what, I would go with a team of Frederick, Marth, Sharena, and Klein (though I'm not sure what you're currently using. It may be the same team). On the off-chance you're willing to replace Frederick, I'd throw Robin in (either M!Robin or F!Robin works depending on what types of units you want to deal with). 

I think the main problem right now is that you have problems with positioning. After all, Klein's squishiness is largely irrelevant since if you position well he should never be getting hit. Same with Olivia. It seems to consistently be a problem with you, but I need you to understand that it is not "impossible" to keep dancers and archers entirely out of harm's way. Many other players, including myself, can consistently do that over hundreds of matches. Once you realize it's not impossible and start thinking harder about ways to make it possible, you'll improve as a player. 

Dancers are an easy way to help with positioning, but failing that, movement assist skills like Reposition, Draw Back, and Swap are also fantastic and are greatly underrated. I can personally say they've saved my life more times than I can count. 

In any case, I think your team is fine. The problem isn't your team but rather your positioning. If you don't improve that first, then it doesn't matter what team people suggest. But on the flipside of that, if you do improve your positioning, you'll do much better no matter what team you use (which will also help you in future GHBs where you won't necessarily be able to use your main 5* units). 

I know it may seem daunting, and constantly failing is certainly going to be discouraging. But you can't give up! It's okay if improvement is slow as long as you get there eventually, and I know you will. 

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Is 4* Olivia any good against Hector?

Since Smoke has answered your question, I'll just answer this part only. The answer is nope.

Triangle Adept Olivia however, can win against any kind of Hector.

1 minute ago, JSND said:

Honestly i would run Fred/Oli/Klein/Sharena with Ana's known units

If you think your unit pool is unsufficient, theres really no other better unit than Olivia. She's by far the best unit in the game

I'd argue "dancers in general" rather than Olivia specifically.

But yes, I agree with your choice of units and also agree that there is literally no 5* unit that offers anything close to what any of the 3 dancers does.