Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

15 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Chrom putting a god down for about as long as an afternoon nap isn't quite the same as slaying one.

Hide contents

Unless Robin is involved, of course.

But true, the guy has a hard time keeping his strength in check, smashing training dummies all the time.

Didn't he smash a hole in the solid stone wall?

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Lucina did too, if her event tile quotes are anything to follow.

Buffness just runs in the family, doesn't it?

For sure

Spoiler

We don't talk about Lissa

Edited by immatx

Just now, immatx said:

For sure

Hide contents

We don't talk about Lissa and Brady

Lissa doesn't have the Brand of the Exalt, maybe it gives you super powers or something.

Spoiler

Why Brady? Do you mean Owain? But he has the Brand too.

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Lissa doesn't have the Brand of the Exalt, maybe it gives you super powers or something.

Hide contents

Spoiler

But they just use the falchion to chop apples

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

Reveal hidden contents

Like a spider bite? It's definitely possible. Did Marth have it? I haven't played any of his games. 

Spoiler

Because I goofed up and realized right after I sent it that Brady was Maribelles son, and Owain was Lissas. 

Owain has the brand? That's sort of.....odd. 

3 minutes ago, Elieson said:
  Reveal hidden contents

But they just use the falchion to chop apples

Spoiler

Would you rather chop apples with a bland iron fruit knife, or a legendary sword of great renown whose name is known through all the land? The latter sounds pretty attractive to me.

It never breaks either. Saves them some gold for other things the army needs, if nothing else.

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Hide contents

Would you rather chop apples with a bland iron fruit knife, or a legendary sword of great renown whose name is known through all the land? The latter sounds pretty attractive to me.

It never breaks either. Saves them some gold for other things the army needs, if nothing else.

Spoiler

Good point. Maybe Lissa can put the savings to her Nest Egg. That's got...a long ways to go how? considering she's royalty, she has like 4 dollars saved up for her wedding? idgi!

Edited by Elieson

Owains brand is actually reflected too

Story wise, he's actually fairly competent if Leo is anything to believe

Gameplay wise, Odin funny enough have the second best Base before skill growth in all of Fates. Guess who were the first

Edited by JSND

Spoiler

Looks like we're talking in spoilers again eh smoke?

Spoiler

46 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Didn't he smash a hole in the solid stone wall?

Speaking of smashing things through stone walls, are we not forgetting that anyone in this game everyone can have distant counter?

Which technically means the unit with the highest base attack is the strongest hero of them all.....

All hail Effie

Even so, with the Falchion, Chrom has the highest possible damage output in the game so.....................

Edited by Arcanite

So finally did the lunatic quests. Easy ones. I did them with the Askr siblings just to convince me of how good they are.

10-1

Team: Alfonse, Sharena, Klein, Priscilla

Sharena rally atks Klein and Alfonse swaps places to spur atk Klein. Klein one rounds the archer, then destroys Soren on EP with quick riposte. The incoming enemies were handled by a mix between Alfonse (greens) and Sharena (blues) while Priscilla heals here and there and spurs def for extra support. The rest was positioning and sniping with Klein. Klein/10

10-2

Team: same as 10-1

This one was a bit harder because I had to retreat back because the buffed peg and mage would've killed me. Hone atk'd Alfonse one shotted Titania and ate Mist's attacks. Klein quick ripostes Mist as the enemies approach. Klein goes up in the left corner and snipes the sapphire lance peg, and then takes the other peg. Mist died by Klein as well. The mage then walked up all the way to Klein and then spur atk Sharena one shots it. Priscilla did nothing lol. Klein/10

10-3

Team: Alfonse, Sharena, Klein, Raven

This was trivialized by Klein. Soren is so dumb he doubles Klein but watersweep cancels follow ups lmao 0/10. Klein snipes the sword peg down on the left. Raven approaches the blue peg. On EP, Titania went out the forest wall, Bruno and Mist stood still while Soren went up for Raven. Klein one rounded Bruno and then rekt Mist on EP. I played with blue peg and Soren as they did some weird moves until Raven one rounded Soren. Klein repositions Alfonse to reach the choke point in order to wall Titania (lol she does 0 dmg). Raven destroys the peg and the Askr duo handle stuff south with Klein's help. Sharena one shots sword pegs with spur atk while Klein snipes the lance one from south east. Titania bores herself at her incompetence against Alfonse and retreats. Klein/10

10-4

Team: Alfonse, Sharena, Klein, Lucius

Praise St. Elimine for making Lucius a good healer *shots fired*. Ok serious stuff. Rally spur atk Klein one rounds the archer on the north and then quick riposte wrecks Soren. Lucius eats a thoron hit from the blue cav to improve his Martyr healing (res tank/10). Then Alfonse swaps with Klein to reach the blue cav and snipe it. Sharena reaches the broken wall east of Ike because he moved there. Alfonse one shots Titania. The rest is retreating up north while Sharena one rounds sword cavs. Alfonse one shots axe peg and mage on the north western reinforcements while Klein snipes dudes on the north east, Sharena walls reds from the south east and Lucius heals here and there and casts Kindled-Fire Balm. Klein/10

10-5

Team: same as 10-3

Rally Atk Alfonse choke points the tile below Titania, Klein moves next to him, Sharena next to Klein and Raven up to the lance cav. Titania gets one shotted by Alfonse and Mist doubles him. Alfonse swaps with Klein so he can one round Mist. Raven enters the cav range and tanks. Klein then quick ripostes Soren. Raven kills the lance cav, Alfonse swaps Sharena and she faces Ike like a bull. Ike falls mercilessly by Sharena's Fensalir. Klein/10

Conclusion: Klein/10

Got my orbs and on my first session I got +Hp -Atk Mist lol whoo. I have now 3 5☆ healers.

22 minutes ago, Arcanite said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Looks like we're talking in spoilers again eh smoke?

Reveal hidden contents

Speaking of smashing things through stone walls, are we not forgetting that anyone in this game everyone can have distant counter?

Which technically means the unit with the highest base attack is the strongest hero of them all.....

All hail Effie

Even so, with the Falchion, Chrom has the highest possible damage output in the game so.....................

Spoiler

Effie is the goat.

No one likes Chrom.

Enh when it comes to god/devil killing in the series, I can't really think of a case where any baseline human really beat a God purely by their own power. (Well by intent/semi canon anyway,) So if anything this hypothetical sword measuring contest could just as easily be between Naga and Yune. On a heroes note, those types of characters are interesting to think about, anyone got ideas on what they might do on that front? 

3 minutes ago, goodperson707 said:

Enh when it comes to god/devil killing in the series, I can't really think of a case where any baseline human really beat a God purely by their own power. (Well by intent/semi canon anyway,) So if anything this hypothetical sword measuring contest could just as easily be between Naga and Yune. On a heroes note, those types of characters are interesting to think about, anyone got ideas on what they might do on that front? 

. . .what does this have to do with anything?

I'm genuinely confused.

12 minutes ago, eclipse said:

AHEM.

Oh....

Hi there!

heh heh......

heh.....

yeah..

6 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Got my orbs and on my first session I got +Hp -Atk Mist lol whoo. I have now 3 5☆ healers.

Three?

Training units must be a breeze XD

Also, this Lunatic play by play is quite useful

The units you used are easily substitutable with my own units. Thanks!

Now I can craft the perfect plan to slaughter everything in my sight

*Maniacally rubs hands together*

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Three?

Training units must be a breeze XD

Also, this Lunatic play by play is quite useful

The units you used are easily substitutable with my own units. Thanks!

Now I can craft the perfect plan to slaughter everything in my sight

*Maniacally rubs hands together*

It is indeed! My main healer was Priscilla, basically because of rehabilitate, spur and for sp grinding. Now she has Ward Cavalry and Renewal 3 so I can switch to Lucius. Lucius has Speed +3 and Kindled-Fire Balm and is 90Sp short of learning Rehabilitate. Now I'll train Mist after I finish my sp grind cav (Cecilia needs only Glimmer and job's done, Abel has Fort cav and Stahl and Ceci have Hone cav). I still have my lv. 1 Clair and Zephiel lol.

Your welcome :awesome:. Most units can be replaceable with 3 or 4☆ gem weapon units like Stahl/Hinata/Palla, Sully/Subaki, Arthur/Narcian. I think the most crucial thing is having a strong ranged nuke unit. The rest is covering up enemies and positioning.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Chrom putting a god down for about as long as an afternoon nap isn't quite the same as slaying one.

Reveal hidden contents

Unless Robin is involved, of course.

But true, the guy has a hard time keeping his strength in check, smashing training dummies all the time.

It's not his fault he got stuck with the one villain in the series that could only be killed by their own power. Besides, didn't Ike have help anyway?

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Hide contents

What about all the blood on the Falchion. Don't tell me Chrom bothers to clean it consistently.

23 minutes ago, immatx said:

Hide contents

Effie is the goat.

No one likes Chrom.

But I like Chrom...

22 minutes ago, goodperson707 said:

True, hence why I stick with the stone wall argument.

As for those characters in Heroes, storywise, I want to see something where Veronica tries to control someone like Grima leading it to bite her in the butte when she can't control them. Might finally lead to her joining your party.

1 hour ago, Quintessence said:

So finally did the lunatic quests. Easy ones. I did them with the Askr siblings just to convince me of how good they are.

10-1

Team: Alfonse, Sharena, Klein, Priscilla

Sharena rally atks Klein and Alfonse swaps places to spur atk Klein. Klein one rounds the archer, then destroys Soren on EP with quick riposte. The incoming enemies were handled by a mix between Alfonse (greens) and Sharena (blues) while Priscilla heals here and there and spurs def for extra support. The rest was positioning and sniping with Klein. Klein/10

10-2

Team: same as 10-1

This one was a bit harder because I had to retreat back because the buffed peg and mage would've killed me. Hone atk'd Alfonse one shotted Titania and ate Mist's attacks. Klein quick ripostes Mist as the enemies approach. Klein goes up in the left corner and snipes the sapphire lance peg, and then takes the other peg. Mist died by Klein as well. The mage then walked up all the way to Klein and then spur atk Sharena one shots it. Priscilla did nothing lol. Klein/10

10-3

Team: Alfonse, Sharena, Klein, Raven

This was trivialized by Klein. Soren is so dumb he doubles Klein but watersweep cancels follow ups lmao 0/10. Klein snipes the sword peg down on the left. Raven approaches the blue peg. On EP, Titania went out the forest wall, Bruno and Mist stood still while Soren went up for Raven. Klein one rounded Bruno and then rekt Mist on EP. I played with blue peg and Soren as they did some weird moves until Raven one rounded Soren. Klein repositions Alfonse to reach the choke point in order to wall Titania (lol she does 0 dmg). Raven destroys the peg and the Askr duo handle stuff south with Klein's help. Sharena one shots sword pegs with spur atk while Klein snipes the lance one from south east. Titania bores herself at her incompetence against Alfonse and retreats. Klein/10

10-4

Team: Alfonse, Sharena, Klein, Lucius

Praise St. Elimine for making Lucius a good healer *shots fired*. Ok serious stuff. Rally spur atk Klein one rounds the archer on the north and then quick riposte wrecks Soren. Lucius eats a thoron hit from the blue cav to improve his Martyr healing (res tank/10). Then Alfonse swaps with Klein to reach the blue cav and snipe it. Sharena reaches the broken wall east of Ike because he moved there. Alfonse one shots Titania. The rest is retreating up north while Sharena one rounds sword cavs. Alfonse one shots axe peg and mage on the north western reinforcements while Klein snipes dudes on the north east, Sharena walls reds from the south east and Lucius heals here and there and casts Kindled-Fire Balm. Klein/10

10-5

Team: same as 10-3

Rally Atk Alfonse choke points the tile below Titania, Klein moves next to him, Sharena next to Klein and Raven up to the lance cav. Titania gets one shotted by Alfonse and Mist doubles him. Alfonse swaps with Klein so he can one round Mist. Raven enters the cav range and tanks. Klein then quick ripostes Soren. Raven kills the lance cav, Alfonse swaps Sharena and she faces Ike like a bull. Ike falls mercilessly by Sharena's Fensalir. Klein/10

Conclusion: Klein/10

Wow, if you could do so much of those with Klein alone (though with boosts), this makes me wonder if I could do it with my Klein too! He is 5 star. I never leveled up Alfonse much though. Yet, Klein did still help a good bit in normal...which I found a little hard even with a team of lv. 40 5 stars...

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, if you could do so much of those with Klein alone (though with boosts), this makes me wonder if I could do it with my Klein too!

I've got a 5* Klein (+HP, -Spd which isn't optimal, but with a Brave Bow+ it doesn't really matter) at max level, running Death Blow 3, Bowbreaker 2 and Hone Attack 3 set. He works wonders for me in particular, so long as I keep him out of the reach of M!Robins, Cecilias, and the like. He's tanky enough to take a hit or two from both magic and ranged, so I don't have to worry about him getting 0HKO'd unless someone has one of those effective against colorless weapons.

I've got Draw Back on my own M!Robin that I run alongside him on my A-Team, so it's easy for me to pop Klein up to 0HKO someone, then draw him back out of range, with Cherche and Pivot to position in front of him so that melees can't get at him. Profit! He's easily my best bow (no Takumi...Q-Q), and I'm still training up my Jeorge and trying to decide what set I want to run on him. Granted, Jeorge is still only 4*, so I'm not sure if he'll match or outshine Klein. If he does, I'm looking into promoting him.

Klein's amazing, basically.

Edited by Extrasolar

8 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

I've got a 5* Klein (+HP, -Spd which isn't optimal, but with a Brave Bow+ it doesn't really matter) at max level, running Death Blow 3, Bowbreaker 2 and Hone Attack 3 set. He works wonders for me in particular, so long as I keep him out of the reach of M!Robins, Cecilias, and the like. He's tanky enough to take a hit or two from both magic and ranged, so I don't have to worry about him getting 0HKO'd unless someone has one of those effective against colorless weapons.

I've got Draw Back on my own M!Robin that I run alongside him on my A-Team, so it's easy for me to pop Klein up to 0HKO someone, then draw him back out of range, with Cherche and Pivot to position in front of him so that melees can't get at him. Profit! He's easily my best bow (no Takumi...Q-Q), and I'm still training up my Jeorge and trying to decide what set I want to run on him. Granted, Jeorge is still only 4*, so I'm not sure if he'll match or outshine Klein. If he does, I'm looking into promoting him.

Klein's amazing, basically.

Yeah, Klein is pretty damn good, though mine is +HP, -Res which is probably better than what you got.

Three of the four 5 star units I use a lot are +HP actually. Ike, Ephraim, and Klein are all +HP. And with Frederick's natural high HP, my boys are loaded on HP here. lol

Edited by Anacybele

48 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, if you could do so much of those with Klein alone (though with boosts), this makes me wonder if I could do it with my Klein too! He is 5 star. I never leveled up Alfonse much though. Yet, Klein did still help a good bit in normal...which I found a little hard even with a team of lv. 40 5 stars...

Of course you can. You can even use Ike due to his built-in distant counter to take hits from soren or bow users, then use some assist positioning skill and make klein deal the final blow. Mine is +atk -def and had rally and spur support but you can make some tweaks and do pretty fine as well. You also have Ephraim who has built-in hone atk 2.

Yeah. Gonna have to use light blessings. Thankfully May quests are coming up soon. So it ain't an issue.

For some reason I can't beat 10-5. Everyone says that's really easy, and I'm sure it is. But I don't really have the right units to handle Ike. The guy somehow takes down Lukas. He just shrugs off WTA and Lukas' almighty defense. I'm not sure how. I don't believe Ike was doubling either. And this occurred when I had Lukas initiate the attack at full HP. Don't believed he proc Aether either.

Spoiler

Perhaps Ike truly is the strongest Hero?