Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

What B skills are good for (+Spd, -Res) Julia? I've given mine Draw Back, Darting Blow 2, and Spur Atk 2 already, but I'm not sure about a B skill.

I'm thinking of adding her to my Marth/Sharena/Hector arena team for the remainder of the week, since I have a relatively open spot. I've been using Priscilla, who's been useful for extending Hector's longevity, but Julia could also be helpful for dealing with some of the same colorless and magic enemies Hector can take but at large HP costs. Bowbreaker and G Tomebreaker could help with that, but I'm not sure how relevant they would be and I've been thinking about giving the G Tomebreaker to Hector instead (over Escape Route) so he can deal with Nino more easily.

Vantage is pretty good in general, so maybe that? Although I'm not sure how good it is on a ranged attacker. Julia already inherited Ardent Sacrifice, so I could have her learn that for healer duties, which would go well with Vantage.

Lol editor troubles.

Definitely a Breaker. As a nuker, increasing the range of enemies she can nuke is pretty great for her. Green Tomebreaker and Bowbreaker are the two best for her, imo. Lancebreaker and B Tomebreaker and pretty unnecessary most of the time (you might not one shot some Lindes if you're not +Atk).

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Clogon said:

What happened to the 3 free Subaki's that were given out?

Also Catria has Armoured Blow 3 at 4*

I've only gotten one free Subaki, from the seal quests.

I've only ever gotten one Catria too and apparently the Whitewings will be needed for later quests.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Lol editor troubles.

Definitely a Breaker. As a nuker, increasing the range of enemies she can nuke is pretty great for her. Green Tomebreaker and Bowbreaker are the two best for her, imo. Lancebreaker and B Tomebreaker and pretty unnecessary most of the time (you might not one shot some Lindes if you're not +Atk).

Hector can OHKO Linde, and both he and Sharena also have Spur Atk to boost Julia if necessary, so Linde shouldn't be an issue. (Or blues in general, for that matter.)

Breaker skills and Quick Riposte all seem powerful but my concern is that they might be redundant and not especially compatible with the Ardent Sacrifice plan, if I go that route. I think I'll try her in the arena as-is and see where she could use improvement.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Hector can OHKO Linde, and both he and Sharena also have Spur Atk to boost Julia if necessary, so Linde shouldn't be an issue. (Or blues in general, for that matter.)

Breaker skills and Quick Riposte all seem powerful but my concern is that they might be redundant and not especially compatible with the Ardent Sacrifice plan, if I go that route. I think I'll try her in the arena as-is and see where she could use improvement.

Well if you're using Julia for Ardent Sacrifice, then Renewal is good. Renewal is good in general for her anyway, since it lets her counter nuke more things.

Just now, Clogon said:

You get 2 from the daily hero battle rotations. Today is Hana so tomorrow is Subaki.

I may not have enough feathers to upgrade one though. I'm about to hit 20,000 as soon as this arena season is done tomorrow and I want to use them to upgrade male Robin to 5 star.

11 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

What

The

Flip

I'm sure Est appreciates your devotion XD

Soon my Oboro is gonna look like that hee hee hee

Yes, I think I have the only 5* Est here, unless @Ice Dragon has one.

@Othin Quick Riposte isn't good on Julia if you ask me, by the way. What doubles her still doubles her, and that usually means she dies. The only people who both double her AND won't kill her iirc are the Robins and Linde, but you don't care about them to begin with.

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Well if you're using Julia for Ardent Sacrifice, then Renewal is good. Renewal is good in general for her anyway, since it lets her counter nuke more things.

Unfortunately, I don't have any spare Renewal donators at the moment.

1 minute ago, Clogon said:

@Othin

Quick Riposte is also 5*. This means you lose out on arena points.

@Anacybele

I replied to you above.

I'm not sure I follow. I'm not currently inheriting from 5* units, anyway.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Othin Quick Riposte isn't good on Julia if you ask me, by the way. What doubles her still doubles her, and that usually means she dies. The only people who both double her AND won't kill her iirc are the Robins and Linde, but you don't care about them to begin with.

I've got QR on Julia, it helps taking out blue mages as well as other Julias, since she's often just misses one-shotting the blue mages and they are quite common (along with Julias), at least in my experience.

13 minutes ago, Clogon said:

You only need a 3* so use the free 3* Subaki from the Seals Quest and upgrade the others later. Besides it only causes 200 feathers to upgrade a 2* to a 3*.

Doesn't that only get me Quick Reposte 1, maybe 2? I'd like the third one as well. And I'd like to keep that Subaki.

@Othin The rare quintuple post.

2 hours ago, immatx said:

Sure he was great before skill inheritance, but that's irrelevant now.  A tier isn't all that impressive considering how the tier system is set up (that's another problem altogether). He serves his purpose, yes, but with Anas core I don't see him as viable. She has very tanks units, making on of M Robins best traits (debatably) of having very high def for a mages effectively worthless. Azura on the other hand has high res, is a dancer, and has fortify res, which will help tank mages damage which is something her team needs badly. 

There's always outliers, there's no way to make a team that solves every problem. That's why it's a strategy game and not entirely about the units u have.

Thats.....not the point at all. Fredericks job isn't to take mage damage. It would be Azura's primarily, with a res buff helping the others potentially survive ORKOs. Frederick being a low res cav should never be the one doing the tanking, Azura, Marth, and Sharena have enough res to do it. 

Edit: and if she uses Ike instead, he has enough spd to last a round against mages with a res buff. 

The main issue isn't that Robin doesn't offer any more bulk to Ana's team than Ike, Fred, and Ephraim do, it's that she has zero ranged damage. Zero. Switching out Ephraim in this case would actually be the smarter choice, even if Robin is less bulky, as he at least has to worry less about eating counters. The lack of Res-hitting units leaves her with few options against high-Def foes. Klein needs a team built around him to get him to the appropriate Atk threshold to ORKO things, and even then he still isn't able to address the high-Def units a Res-hitter would.

Robin is still great with skill inheritance, especially if you're lacking in other options. Raven Adept mops the floor with half the meta and puts less strain on Ike and Fred to tank. Throw in Azura and you have an incredibly flexible team.

Mages are dangerous enough that nothing on the team should be tanking magic damage, ever. Fortify Res is laughably useless and she'll get a lot more mileage using a Hone that nets KO's more easily.

Point is, @Anacybele won't make it very far in arena by simply forgoing a ranged option in favor of a full melee team, even if they're better "statted" than the ranged equivalent.

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Doesn't that only get me Quick Reposte 1, maybe 2? I'd like the third one as well. And I'd like to keep that Subaki.

imho If Quick Riposte 2 built on to Armads is good enough for Hector it's probably good enough for anyone. Quick Riposte 3 only lowers the HP threshold to 70% which is still only enough to activate a few times depending on how much damage you're taking.

27 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Even at level 2, Quick Riposte is one of the best B skills in the game and is often a better choice on certain characters than level 3 of a breaker.

You can also grab a free Subaki from the rotation and train him up for fodder. You should have more than enough shards to get him to level 20 instantly, but if not, it shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes to level him from 1 to 20 manually. 

And the upgrade costs 200 feathers (220 if you're upgrading from 1* to 3* and not from 2* to 3*), which is honestly pretty close to synonymous with "free". 

5 minutes ago, komasa said:

imho If Quick Riposte 2 built on to Armads is good enough for Hector it's probably good enough for anyone. Quick Riposte 3 only lowers the HP threshold to 70% which is still only enough to activate a few times depending on how much damage you're taking.

QR3 is still more arena points than QR2, however. So it's a matter of saving 18k feathers now and paying 2k more feathers later or paying 20k feathers now and saving 2k feathers later. 2k now, 20k later. Or 20k now, 0k later.

1 minute ago, komasa said:

Yeah, the difference between QR2 and 3 isn't that much.  Really, it's taking that hit when you're at full health that makes the big difference, I've noticed.  It's often my opening move to try to bait out and kill the enemy mage with QR Julia.  I have QR2 on my Julia and it works well enough.

Just now, DehNutCase said:

QR3 is still more arena points than QR2, however. So it's a matter of saving 18k feathers now and paying 2k more feathers later or paying 20k feathers now and saving 2k feathers later. 2k now, 20k later. Or 20k now, 0k later.

While QR 3 is certainly more Arena points than QR 2, the difference is so minuscule that it really only affects the people that are baaaaarely on the edge of a cutoff, which does not apply to most people. 

45 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I've got QR on Julia, it helps taking out blue mages as well as other Julias, since she's often just misses one-shotting the blue mages and they are quite common (along with Julias), at least in my experience.

Lol, -Atk Julia?

My Julia is +Atk, so any Blue mage just dies. Green Tomebreaker handles both other Julias and, more importantly, Nino. QR Julia dies to boosted Nino and pretty much any non-healer colorless, so adding a Breaker patches one of those holes, depends on your team comp.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, the difference between QR2 and 3 isn't that much.  Really, it's taking that hit when you're at full health that makes the big difference, I've noticed.

I'm paranoid so if I ever give any of my 5 star units QR, it has to be QR 3 so I can always be sure that I was put in a situation I could not have helped.

Basically I'm saying I won't kick myself after for not having QR3 in a case where having QR 2 kills me because if I had QR 3 I would have had exactly enough to double on enemy phase or something like that

Of course situations like that could be a little extreme, but hey, it makes me comfortable anyway!

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, the difference between QR2 and 3 isn't that much.  Really, it's taking that hit when you're at full health that makes the big difference, I've noticed.

I'm paranoid so if I ever give any of my 5 star units QR, it has to be QR 3 so I can always be sure that I was put in a situation I could not have helped.

Basically I'm saying I won't kick myself after for not having QR3 in a case where having QR 2 kills me because if I had QR 3 I would have had exactly enough to double on enemy phase or something like that

Of course situations like that could be a little extreme, but hey, it makes me comfortable anyway!

8 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I'm pretty sure that difference is well under a single point. There's no need to assume it'll ever be necessary to spend feathers on it.

Even on my arena team, a lot of the skills I've inherited are only level 2, whether because I couldn't get to level 3 without using a 5* or because it just doesn't strike me as being worth 2k feathers. It's not a huge deal. And if it really is accessible from a 4*, I might get that 4* sometime in the future and can just inherit from it then.

Edited by Othin