Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

But... forest tiles :(

Yeah that's true

Which is why you always bring Boat loads of repositioning skills just in case you have to go around the whole map to get to the enemy XD

I've never tested out horse emblem yet, so if it becomes too much of a hassle I'll probably just promote Xandoi and get it over with.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

But seriously speaking currently the problem of Flier Emblem is the unit pool

Theres only one Flying Tome and its limited edition. Its 2 core buff is 4* to 5* only. Michalis, Palla, and Catria is extremely good, but assembling the entire thing is pretty hard IMO.

On the flipside the units are EXTREMELY good and they had insane stats distribution(see: Cordelia's 35/35). Horse Emblem distribution got nothing on them(Cain 32/32, Abel 33/32, Peri 33/33)

Compare to how Horse Emblem is almost "literally F2P"

Entire ingredient of Horse Emblem

Gunter - Free

Ursula - Free

Stahl - Free and we got 3 of these

Jagen - 3* pull

Eliwood - 3* pull

Xander - Free

Cecilia - Free and we got 3 of these

Nino - 3* pull

Odin - 3* pull

Subaki - Free and we got 3 of these

Hana - Free

Then you have Arthur/Narcian, and Selena for the extra skills

Edited by JSND

I woke up to see that Linde was on the GHB banner and was thinking of summoning when I remembered that she'll most likely be the lone blue in one of the voting gauntlet banner and that banner will have much better units for the other colors.

3 minutes ago, JSND said:

True! I hope we get Elincia soon. watch as she is turned into a flying healer

One of the FE8 fliers would be great too...

Oh wait, Haar would be awesome! More Tellius please!

Edited by GuiltyLove

From what I gather about Xander stats (and bad skillset), he's basically a (not so)glorified Eldigan? Even their specials are nearly the same. It does make horse emblem more viable, being a free unit and all, but I kinda wish they fleshed out the characters individuality a little bit more.

That's quite the challenge after they hit us with skill inheritance, but getting more creative on the signature weapons or giving then viable skillsets to begin with would go a long way (so you don't feel pressured to splash fury on every single unit). Let's hope Lloyd isn't just another "enables counterattack regardless of distance" unit (unless it's an inheritable light brand).

Let's also hope they give us the right Lloyd :lol:

Spoiler

Lloyd.png.3be4563f375d3b5d07622104df9775ae.png

Eldigan is arguably better than Xander at their maximum potential

Its a trade between A skill vs Killer Effect

To be fair Eldigan and heck even Eliwood is perfection if they had DC, but not everyone had it lol

10 minutes ago, r4v1sh said:

From what I gather about Xander stats (and bad skillset), he's basically a (not so)glorified Eldigan? Even their specials are nearly the same. It does make horse emblem more viable, being a free unit and all, but I kinda wish they fleshed out the characters individuality a little bit more.

That's quite the challenge after they hit us with skill inheritance, but getting more creative on the signature weapons or giving then viable skillsets to begin with would go a long way (so you don't feel pressured to splash fury on every single unit). Let's hope Lloyd isn't just another "enables counterattack regardless of distance" unit (unless it's an inheritable light brand).

Let's also hope they give us the right Lloyd :lol:

Reveal hidden contents

Lloyd.png.3be4563f375d3b5d07622104df9775ae.png

Lloyd will probably end up with a Silver Sword or the Regal Blade. 

@JSND: Eliwood is more of a magic tank so he could be great for baiting mages with DC. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Lloyd will probably end up with a Silver Sword or the Regal Blade. 

The Regal Blade was datamined, wasn't it? It had some bonus when attacking full-health enemies.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The Regal Blade was datamined, wasn't it? It had some bonus when attacking full-health enemies.

Woah I don't remember seeing that

47 minutes ago, JSND said:

There's no good red fliers :(

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Was it? That would cool!
Even though I mentioned a light brand, I really thought Lloyd would be just Navarre 2.0, with a Silver sword+ and a vanilla myrmidon set (probably resembling Fir's, since I remember his resistance being a pain to deal with).

5 minutes ago, r4v1sh said:

Was it? That would cool!
Even though I mentioned a light brand, I really thought Lloyd would be just Navarre 2.0, with a Silver sword+ and a vanilla myrmidon set (probably resembling Fir's, since I remember his resistance being a pain to deal with).

I don't recall that!

7 minutes ago, r4v1sh said:

Was it? That would cool!

Yeah, its info is here: https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-heroes/skills/weapon-red/

Light Brand doesn't seem particularly compatible with how this game's mechanics work, anyway.

Wow, I only have 3 units left before my barracks are full. Guess I should start using Inherit Skill more...

So since Xander doesn't really have any good 4 star skills to pass (in fact, to get the full set you need to 5 star him strangely enough), I was wondering if its worth it to just merge 3 star and 4 star Xander together to save on feathers when promoting on 5 star?

(Well that or 5 starring both of them and merging both of them but I don't have that extreme of a feather supply to do that)

I just really need more 5 star Red units and Xander's Siegfried sounds so good.

Spoiler

@Othin. Light Brand doesn't seem particularly compatible with how this game's mechanics work, anyway

It can just target resistance instead of defence. Range attack or distant counter can be optional. With most melee users having weak res, it would make Lloyd standout.

5 minutes ago, Rezanator said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@Othin. Light Brand doesn't seem particularly compatible with how this game's mechanics work, anyway

It can just target resistance instead of defence. Range attack or distant counter can be optional. With most melee users having weak res, it would make Lloyd standout.

But a sword fighter that targets Res is pretty much just a red mage/manekate. A sword that is ranged might be intresting though. It would basicly be an archer with color advantages/disadvantages.

6 minutes ago, Rezanator said:
  Hide contents

Navarre that targets Res would be pretty neat IMO. Swords are saturated though with "ok" units. Lloyd needs to somehow stand out. It looks like Regal Blade provides the general support buff that Linus would have given (if he existed). IDK...I'm not seeing the value in it as it stands right now. Inverted Binding Blade had better have 16 Mt.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Which is why we need Elincia and her Amiti!

Seconded. Elincia where </3

We also need more flying ranged characters (hoping for Aversa and Reina at the very least)

14 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Navarre that targets Res would be pretty neat IMO. Swords are saturated though with "ok" units. Lloyd needs to somehow stand out. It looks like Regal Blade provides the general support buff that Linus would have given (if he existed). IDK...I'm not seeing the value in it as it stands right now. Inverted Binding Blade had better have 16 Mt.

I would love to see some of the old magic swords back, and I don't think it's that hard to make it work, really. Maybe make it so the sword targets def normally at close range and targets res at long range, but with the healers damage halving debuff at long range, so it's not completely bonkers. I dunno, just an idea.

But, indeed, that probably won't be happening any time soon (It's a shame, I remember Lloyd mostly through his Light Brand and his interaction with Legault).

I searched around and indeed, there's a bunch of info about the Regal blade datamine here and there (reddit mostly), so it seems that's the Lloyd we'll get. At least we'll get a cool looking sword and - probably - a pretty strong offensive character this time around, so it's cool anyway ;)

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Seconded. Elincia where </3

We also need more flying ranged characters (hoping for Aversa and Reina at the very least)

I just want the fliers I actually like. Meaning Elincia, Jill, Marcia, and Fiora or Cordelia. They'll be my Flier Emblem team. They'd be balanced too! Elincia would be a red sword, Jill would be a green axe, and Marcia and Fiora both blue lance. One or more of them will get Hone Fliers and Fortify Fliers as well, whether naturally or through inheritance.

Edited by Anacybele