Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Well for me, I hate the Code Name Steam art style and I think it's jarringly out of place against the rest of the art in Heroes. I get that the comic book superhero look fits him thematically, but I just can't do it. Lloyd looks pretty shit but at least overall he looks like something from this game. Still bad, but I'm not as taken aback as when I first saw Arthur's.

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'm personally not a fan of the style, but I don't think that's a reason to critique it. 

What does bother me is context. The art might be fine in a vacuum, but when juxtaposed to the rest of the Heroes cast, the artstyle is jarring and out-of-place. He doesn't look like he comes from the same game as someone like Sharena or Lucina. 

i honestly feel like it's a really silly complaint to call someone in this game "out of place"

there's so many different artists contributing to this game, and part of the reason for that is because there's so many different characters from so many different games

and the thing about that is, most of those games had different artists too

i think it's really fun to see the drastically different styles all the characters are drawn in. makes it feel a lot more interesting

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, unique said:

i honestly feel like it's a really silly complaint to call someone in this game "out of place"

there's so many different artists contributing to this game, and part of the reason for that is because there's so many different characters from so many different games

i think it's really fun to see the drastically different styles all the characters are drawn in. makes it feel a lot more interesting

You're entitled to your opinion, and I don't intend to dispute it. 

I'm simply letting you know what the most common complaint is. Whether or not you agree with that complaint is another story entirely.

28 minutes ago, unique said:

at least jaffar looks okay? his english voice sounds way too old but his japanese one is good so I guess that's more the fault of the english voice director. really hoping they get linus right.

While I find Jaffar's ok, he stands out as a really young man, he even looks like a kid or a teen. Or at least, I had the impression he was quite adult on FE7, past the 20s near his 30s ~. Of all the Black Fang's illustrations, Nino's is the one I like most.

18 minutes ago, KongDude said:

I don't loathe it like everyone else, but it's not my favorite. Then again, I never got far enough in FE7 to encounter him. But I do think his head is a little big.

I love all the ones from Celica's banner. Celica's art is turning into one of my favorites. Boey's is aight, I remember that artist doing a Celica cipher with her starting team. Amagaitaro did good with Genny. Mae's has a nice moe style, but they have a weird place in Heroes.

The only Heroes art for Celica's banner I truly like is Genny's (the pose is definitely not what I expected out of her though lol). Half of this is just because Hidari's is too good.

35 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

What does bother me is context. The art might be fine in a vacuum, but when juxtaposed to the rest of the Heroes cast, the artstyle is jarring and out-of-place. He doesn't look like he comes from the same game as someone like Sharena or Lucina. 

Arthur (Code Name: STEAM, superhero), Hector, Lon'qu, Olivia, Raven (very stylized); Rebecca (shojo manga), and Gunter, Jagen, Ogma, and Zephiel (old school anime/manga), and Wrys (old school anime/manga, different artist than Gunter and friends'). Also, Niles's art was done by a yaoi artist, right? Lloyd I'm just going to call Persona 3-like.

For me, 90% is "Fire Emblem-styled" and "contemporary anime" whether that's kind of more "realistic" like Celicia, Cherche, Titania, and Virion's art to something like Linde, Mae, both Robins, and Christmas Tharja's cutesy or simple-look -- Christmas Tharja looks so huggable. The rest are kind of whatever and I like that since it's like Fire Emblem has reached to all sorts of people, so having different styles of art just adds to that. I really want something like a German artist specializing in noir drawing one of the characters or someone like Tetsuya Nomura and Yoji Shinkawa somehow being commissioned to draw someone -- never going to happen, but one can hope. An impressionist style for someone would be cool too. It'll be weird, it'll be "out of place", but to me, there's something wonderfully special about it.

Hmm... I wonder who should receive the Jojo treatment.

Edited by Kaden

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

Jojo artstyle aside, I'm really disappointed Odin didn't get any Jojo-level poses. Maybe Owain, if he's eventually added. 

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

While I find Jaffar's ok, he stands out as a really young man, he even looks like a kid or a teen. Or at least, I had the impression he was quite adult on FE7, past the 20s near his 30s ~. Of all the Black Fang's illustrations, Nino's is the one I like most.

i'm fairly sure jaffar is supposed to be a teen

he was raised from when he was born to be a killer, which already sort of implies that he's not that old. i assumed the intention was that he was essentially raised as a child soldier.

he never really looked that old to begin with either, and his cipher art looks similarly young. his japanese voice also sounds much younger than his english one, so I think it's fitting enough. he definitely does look younger than I expected, but I feel it's a good choice.

Leveling Hana in preparation for the new Sacred Seal quests before the EXP bonus goes away with Olivia and Anna supporting her. I can't handle the Strass.

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Jojo artstyle aside, I'm really disappointed Odin didn't get any Jojo-level poses. Maybe Owain, if he's eventually added. 

Oh yeah, that was disappointing. Arthur has a heroic attack art and then Odin's like normal, un-Odin Dark-like magic spell casting. If his special art was different, then sure, but nope.

At least Odin has the best special lines. That's something. He has personality...

4 minutes ago, a bear said:

Leveling Hana in preparation for the new Sacred Seal quests before the EXP bonus goes away with Olivia and Anna supporting her. I can't handle the Strass.

I fully trained one to 5*, complete with a Brave Sword, for my Arena bonus unit this week.

I'm as ready for the new seals quests as I'll ever be.

Spoiler

Strassman. I see what you did there.

Edited by MrSmokestack

15 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

The only Heroes art for Celica's banner I truly like is Genny's (the pose is definitely not what I expected out of her though lol). Half of this is just because Hidari's is too good.

Well, if you take her ending and her implied husband you could say Genny is kind of a perv. 

16 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

I think it was a good decision, JaffarxNino doesn't have disturbing implications anymore.

Edited by L9999

Just now, L9999 said:

Well, if you take her ending and her implied husband you could say Genny is kind of a perv. 

I mean, preferring older men doesn't make you a perv. I wonder why they didn't get a support, though.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I mean, preferring older men doesn't make you a perv. I wonder why they didn't get a support, though.

One thing is older, but may-december is another story. 

17 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Valbar, Leon and Kamui. Calling it right now. 

35 minutes ago, unique said:

Heroes has many different artists, but there are a lot of similarities in style. I'm also of the opinion that Arthur sticks out like a sore thumb far more than any other character, and while you might not share that opinion, plenty of people do.

@a bear Wait wait wait, what's this about new Sacred Seal quests? Are we finally gonna get more than just the 3 we currently have? And are there gonna be more than just DEF +1 and RES +1?

Edited by ILikeKirbys

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Someday I'll figure out how to take 20k feathers too.

You're going to use your psychic powers to make me mis-tap and promote my Olivia to 5 stars instead?

You're not the only one who's a psychic you know! I'm only realizing this now, but does anyone take me less seriously with this tomato as my profile picture?

Just now, Arcanite said:

You're going to use your psychic powers to make me mis-tap and promote my Olivia to 5 stars instead?

You're not the only one who's a psychic you know! I'm only realizing this now, but does anyone take me less seriously with this tomato as my profile picture?

It actually took me a little while to realize that it was you with the tomato, so I may have skimmed over some of the things you said.

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I'm only realizing this now, but does anyone take me less seriously with this tomato as my profile picture?

I didn't even take you seriously before you had a tomato as your userpic.

RiI8A2l.png

While everyone says Lloyd looks horrible I can't stop thinking that Mae is wearing a swimsuit underneath the mage things, and her boobs are way bigger than SOV. 

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

I'm only realizing this now, but does anyone take me less seriously with this tomato as my profile picture?

Honestly I couldn't identify you until I saw the Oboro member card.