Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, r_n said:

Dont normal dragon stone usage keep flipflopping too? Like they do physical in FE1/3, 2/15 and Awakening (I think?), but magic in 6,8 and 14

Yes. Something like that.

Occam's 3D printer prefers simple solutions that get the job done. Laguz in FE9 and 10 were designed to be novel. Heroes is designed to let people play with their favorite characters from across the series in a single game. There's no need for Laguz to be novel here when we already have a system that gets the job done.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I don't mind if it's not accurate to the game. I'm a fan of Tellius and the Laguz. If they ignore them just because they don't want to bother, that's way more of an insult to me as a fan than making them use beaststones or something for ease. I wouldn't mind that - it's a sidegame and such things can be handwaved by saying outrealms, etc. 

Besides, what would they have done if a Laguz had won CYL? I'm sad none made it into the top twenty, since it may have forced them to confront this sooner, but Laguz are a huge part of PoR/RD and to just leave them out feels just like a plain cop out. 

That being said, I'm pretty sure there were units other than Ephraim and Eirika in SS, but they haven't bothered with them yet xD 

(I say this as someone enjoying the current promotion of Echoes). 

Edited by Cute Chao

Going with Beaststones wouldn't be a total cop out given Laguz Stones and Laguz Gems do exist- they just seem to be less their morphin' battery (which dragonstones are) and more energy drinks or performance enhancers. And on the plus side, Beaststones let our two Taguel, Wolfskin, and Kitsune in as well, so it wouldn't be an addition just for the sake of Tellius. It isn't like giving Beaststones to Laguz in this game would at all suddenly affect them in PoR or RD.

As for who to let in- I'd pick Lethe (or Lyre) over Ranulf for our first Cat, because she's female and that overrides Ranulf plot importance. Nailah for the Wolf, because female and she speaks in intelligible language, Volug her only competition doesn't. For first Tiger, Mordecai works well with Lethe, but Muarim stands out a little more (and Kyza is forgettable b/c RD doesn't have in-depth supports). For the Lion- Caineghis and Giffca are inseparable and maybe a little too old to be appealing for Heroes, so I'd go with Skrimir instead. Tibarn for first Hawk, because Ulki and Janaff are inseparable. Naesala for first Raven, because nobody cares about old Nealuchi and Vika, though female, is forgettable. Kurthnaga for Black Dragon, Ena for Red, and Nasir is literally the only named White. If we wanted a Heron to expand the Dancer pool, Leanne has sweet female going for her, and both her and Reyson can fly, unlike any other refresher (they can get a weak exclusive Tome/Staff called Sorrow or something for an offense).

As for coloration, I don't know. But with Beaststones, it could be on a character-by-character basis. So we can have a Red Hawk in Tibarn, make Janaff a Green Hawk, and Ulki Blue- variety is nice.

Arcanite wanted me to share this with you people :)

VK0pcM3.png

This is why everyone needs a Nino in their life!

As well as an Oboro, but that's beside the point :)

14 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

VK0pcM3.png

Arcanite has quite an impressive Nino. Did they send it after you afterward?

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Arcanite has quite an impressive Nino. Did they send it after you afterward?

You mean did Nino come to kill me too? Ha ha!

No, for Nino and I are very good friends. We respect each other very much! She respects me for being Arcanite's most expensive unit (66k feathers, and I still need a hone/fortify skill), and I respect her for being Arcanite's arguably best unit! I know I'm not the best in Heroes.... and I wish I could be for Lord Takumi, but at least no one here can make clothes like me!

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I already have an Oboro:

Reveal hidden contents

91353_front.jpg

But a sword will never love you like Oboro will. :p

At least you can love the art and music of Muramasa: The Demon Blade and other Vanillaware works.

Sonya's giant bang, forelock? Whatever, her giant hair while she's a chibi in FE Heroes makes her look so adorkable like Kagero. With a ranged Wo Dao, I wonder if it might be better for her to run a 3 or 4 charge special instead. If her offensive stats are similar to Celica, Katarina, Nino, Soren, and Tharja, then she might be able to just destroy most stuff without needing Moonbow to activate. At that point, having a massive burst of damage might be better. That's just me, though.

1 hour ago, Oboro! said:

VK0pcM3.png

What happened to Arcanite? What did you do to this glorious person?!

Also why can't Nino be real and solve all my life problems (while doing her best of course)?

Edited by Falcom

So apparently, among all the free Heroes from daily Hero Battles, Olivia has been used the most (of course), but surprisingly, Virion is in second. 3rd is Cecilia, 4th is Lissa, and 5th is Felicia. Weird, I thought Lissa would take Virion's place.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

So apparently, among all the free Heroes from daily Hero Battles, Olivia has been used the most (of course), but surprisingly, Virion is in second. 3rd is Cecilia, 4th is Lissa, and 5th is Felicia. Weird, I thought Lissa would take Virion's place.

Virion was also free-free.

Where is this data coming from?

I think I'll just talk about data-mines in the most jerkish, but non-spoliery way I can from now on.

Anyway, I have the sneaking suspicion that a new character will be joining Chrom on the 'I'm not Alfonse' bench, where, because Chrom isn't Alfonse, Alfonse is running all of Chrom's builds that don't involve Falchion.

Just now, DehNutCase said:

Anyway, I have the sneaking suspicion that a new character will be joining Chrom on the 'I'm not Alfonse' bench, where, because Chrom isn't Alfonse, Alfonse is running all of Chrom's builds that don't involve Falchion.

...I'm confused now...

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I think I'll just talk about data-mines in the most jerkish, but non-spoliery way I can from now on.

To be fair, Chrom's only use over other units was his Falchion and ability to heal during Tempest.  There's no other reason to use him over some of the other red 5*s.

@phineas81707He's taking about the datamine, without talking about the datamine.  Dunno what's wrong with spoilers.

Edited by Lushen

3 minutes ago, Lushen said:

To be fair, Chrom's only use over other units was his Falchion and ability to heal during Tempest.  There's no other reason to use him over some of the other red 5*s.

He's also the strongest sword. Atk matters a lot more than Spd with Braves. 37 Atk with brave is equivalent to someone with 30 Atk, but infinite speed, and always active desperation, in terms of damage.

Edit: (This is one of many reasons Lyn is terrible, though. 28 atk, even with 29 'effective' thanks to prf, is still lower than Chrom's Brave damage)

Edited by DehNutCase

2 minutes ago, Lushen said:

@phineas81707He's taking about the datamine, without talking about the datamine.  Dunno what's wrong with spoilers.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

He's talking about a certain character's datamined stat spread being similar to Alfonse's and Chrom's.

In other news, water is wet.

What confuses me is the way he went about describing Chrom/Alfie in circuitous terms that makes me have absolutely no idea which one is being advocated and so forth.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

What confuses me is the way he went about describing Chrom/Alfie in circuitous terms that makes me have absolutely no idea which one is being advocated and so forth.

I believe that was literally the point. He appears to be annoyed about the argument last time involving spoiler tags for datamined information.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I believe that was literally the point. He appears to be annoyed about the argument last time involving spoiler tags for datamined information.

I'm confused between Chrom and Alfie. The statistical similarity of whichever one of Gray/Saber happens to be the mystery character has nothing to do with them.

Really, he mentioned this in his first post. Just because I didn't find it relevant to add to my quote doesn't mean I didn't read it.

Virion being the second most used is simple. Didn't you see him alongside the Askr trio in every paralogue/story chapter reveal? He's basically a main character.

In all seriousness, him being in your party from the start explains how every player has used him, at least for a little bit. Though I am surprised Cecilia didn't overtake him, given how great and unique a character she is. Those normies need to step up their game.