Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

9 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

You could always sacrifice him for WoM 3.

And I understand that feeling, I got my pity rate ruined by a Jakob and I'm really considering sacrificing him for Renewal 3.

I sacrificed my 5 star Fae for Renewal, Jakob should be no problem lol

9 minutes ago, Levin's Scarf said:

He has caused me pain! Do you understand how many orbs I have spent trying to get Alm, only to have my hopes and dreams shattered by two inferior-to-Xanders??? I have used him in my FE3 B1 run, yet he betrays me by shattering my pity percentage (twice!) and breaking my heart. He shall burn.... HE SHALL BURN!!!

Don't be a moron and stop letting your feelings cloud your judgement 

It's just game! Why you have to be mad? 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

11 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I wonder why Clive is getting a GHB. Then again, I didn't made much sense for Navarre to get it either.

That being, I kinda excited for it. I mean, doesn't Clive look really good in his Heroes's artwork? Seriously, his artwork is the major reason I want him. Does anyone else thinks his artwork makes him really good looking?

Definitely :D I liked Clive anyway, even in Echoes, but he's so much better here. It's the same artist as Klein, and he also looks pretty :)

5 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

I sacrificed my 5 star Fae for Renewal, Jakob should be no problem lol

Don't be a moron and stop letting your feelings cloud your judgement 

It's just game! Why you have to be mad? 

There's also the fact that I don't need Cain at all. I have Xander already, and I don't have anyone who needs Brave Sword+ right now. I also don't have many units who could use WoM3 right now. He's redundant on top of not having much use for me. 

2 minutes ago, Levin's Scarf said:

There's also the fact that I don't need Cain at all. I have Xander already, and I don't have anyone who needs Brave Sword+ right now. I also don't have many units who could use WoM3 right now. He's redundant on top of not having much use for me. 

Well...you could always merge all of them or send them home. Just keep one for Brave Sword fodder. Slow sword users like Chrom or Alfonse could benefit from it. 

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Water Boost on Berkut is cool to hear. I've been wanting it for Gwendolyn, so a GHB unit would make for a very convenient source, at least if he has all three levels available by 4*. Replacing his personal weapon with an inheritable named one is a bit odd, but it makes sense to avoid another GHB lance cavalry with an ultimate weapon for redundancy with Camus.

The unofficial English twitter posted Clive's art along with speculation that he might be a GHB unit, but the official Japanese twitter didn't make that post at all. Don't trust the English one.

Clive seems to have no new skills, at least if his story mode appearance is to be believed. The most recent GHB unit like that was Navarre, quite a ways ago. Since then, every GHB unit has had at least a new weapon, so it'd be strange for him to not even have like a "Clive's Lance" if he really is a GHB unit. In contrast, I think the TT free units are the only new units we've gotten since Navarre in any context without new skills, so he'd seem more at home with them.

1 hour ago, Lushen said:

Wuh, I've been using the unofficial twitter for quite some time and he has never speculated - he usually just posts what they send out.  This is disappointing.  He should have indicated that he was speculating, though I suspected it might be the case because the wording seemed funny.

Uhh guys.

Don't blame this on the unofficial fan account. I've pretty much seen the crap flinging and ridiculous blame shifting towards that translator account. They post datamines. Take everything they post and think first instead of saying "don't trust them".

7 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Uhh guys.

Don't blame this on the unofficial fan account. I've pretty much seen the crap flinging and ridiculous blame shifting towards that translator account. They post datamines. Take everything they post and think first instead of saying "don't trust them".

That's fair, that came off harsher than I intended. They're well-intentioned, but we can't assume everything they post is from the JP account without checking.

I do think it's bad practice of them to post something like that without making it clear that it's their own post, not a translated one. They hold responsibility for making it appear that there was an official statement about Clive getting a GHB when no such statement exists.

Edit: It looks like the owl icon is supposed to denote that? But as this shows, it's easy for people to miss that or be unaware of it.

Edited by Othin

2 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Uhh guys.

Yea I mean I see people hating on the unofficial acc't because people think its official and they don't like character art or something related which isn't fair to the unofficial acc't.  So for the most part I agree.

However, the wording he used to speculate on Clive is very similar to the wording he officially translated towards Berkut which made it seem like it was official:

"【Notice】 We'll be sharing upcoming event info sometime next week! Barkut seems to be an upcoming Grand Hero Battle! Are you ready? #FEHeroes"

"Complete artwork set for Clive. Most likely an upcoming Grand Hero Battle as well. #FEHeroes"

I appreciate his translations and I feel like he gets a ton of hate for things that aren't related to him.  But in this case, I think he could have been a bit more careful.

Twitter also sucks with things like that.

140 char limit leads to a lot of misleading. While I'm saying they shouldn't take the blame people put on them, it's the fault of the system and people's assumptions.

Also...

Thank freaking Naga Adept Slayer doesn't work on tome users.

15 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Also...

Thank freaking Naga Adept Slayer doesn't work on tome users.

They should have explicitly mentioned that somewhere.  I feel sorry for people who pulled that unit just to put it on their Reinhardt. 

I find it a bit odd that they decided to do this.  I mean, why make a B slot skill exclusive to lances?  I wonder if they heard the complaints and changed it last minute.  

That being said, thank god.  Can it be inherited to nocolors like archers? <edit> acc't to reddit, mages and staff users can't use it.  Weird...

Edited by Lushen

I think the best way to handle it would be to have that account stick to translating posts that actually exist and put any independent posts on a noticeably different account with a different icon, which could then be retweeted onto the translation account.

And yeah, good to see that Cancel Affinity is staying off the characters where it could really mess things up. Could still be annoying on others and certainly necessitates even more careful skill-checking, but it shouldn't be as game-warping as we feared.

---

Decided to check my Delthea's boon/bane and apparently she's -Atk, +HP. Why. I mean, once she reaches lv40 and learns Death Blow, she'll still be hitting with 53 Atk, but still.

37 minutes ago, Lushen said:

That being said, thank god.  Can it be inherited to nocolors like archers? <edit> acc't to reddit, mages and staff users can't use it.  Weird...

Probably balancing reasons. Ranged units can't inherit Galeforce or ranged defensive specials either. IS staff user hate is to be expected, but archers having access to it still offers some neat counterplay against -Raven Adept, which they'd otherwise do nothing against.

Reinhardt not breaking the meta in half even harder is just a bonus. I kind of like this skill now.

10 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Probably balancing reasons. Ranged units can't inherit Galeforce or ranged defensive specials either. IS staff user hate is to be expected, but archers having access to it still offers some neat counterplay against -Raven Adept, which they'd otherwise do nothing against.

Reinhardt not breaking the meta in half even harder is just a bonus. I kind of like this skill now.

Ranged units can't learn defensive special skills at all, not just the ranged ones.

I'm slightly annoyed that this would let Lucina break through Nowi now, especially because this can occur in Training Tower, Tempest Trials, etc. due to Lucina's empty B slot, but I'm a lot more okay with it now, too.

At the very least, it looks like the perfect skill to give to Firesweep and Brave weapon users that don't need a Weaponbreaker to cover same color match-ups.

I'll be interested to see if some more archers show up in the arena thanks to Cancel Affinity. I can imagine there's been some archer fans (besides of B Cordelia) that have wanted to put their archers out there but Raven tomes have kept them from bothering.

34 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

IS staff user hate is to be expected, but archers having access to it still offers some neat counterplay against -Raven Adept, which they'd otherwise do nothing against.

I dunno, I don't think it would ever be worth it to give an archer CA3.  It would only be useful if you found yourself up against a raven user which is way too rare to sacrifice a B slot on.

2 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I dunno, I don't think it would ever be worth it to give an archer CA3.  It would only be useful if you found yourself up against a raven user which is way too rare to sacrifice a B slot on.

The point of running specific skills for a defense team is to

1. Be as obnoxious as possible, and
  2. Help the AI not be as stupid as it usually is.

Cancel Affinity is both. Triangle Adept Litrraven is one of the more common ways to deal with archers, and if the player is made unable to bait your archer because of it, then Cancel Affinity has served its purpose.

In particular, Cancel Affinity isn't useful for an Arena offense team. Triangle Adept is not a common skill to see on arena defense teams because it is easy to circumvent. However, Triangle Adept is common on offense teams because you can pick your engagements in a way to never be at disadvantage. The point of using Cancel Affinity is to put it on your defense team to let the AI have an easier time finding advantageous match-ups.

I finally got Cordelia! Woohoo! Selena, your mom's here! She's a +Spd, -Def 4* for those who are wondering. +Spd would be great for Firesweep, but that -Def, though. Also, 4* Abel who's +Spd, -Atk. Well, at least you're here so you can be with your wife who's much stronger than you. :p

And on an also bright note, I got Tikini who's +Atk, -HP! (Dear Naga, that 32 HP... You really need Renewal or something.)

All 3 of them showed up in the same summon with 5* M!Corrin showing up as my first summon and almost making me regret spending my last 20 orbs since he reset the focus rate which wasn't high -- 3.50-ish? --, but it was something. Incidentally, he shares the same boon and bane as Tikini. I am done with the summer banner. I am done. I summoned for the beach bombshells and I got the beach bombshells. Would have been nice to get the two guys, but whatever.

The downside is that I'm up to 50 summons and the only red mage that has appeared since the 4 last summons was a 3* Sophia. Thanks, game. Totally appreciated feeling like Celica, Katarina, Leo, Lilina, Sanaki, and Tharja are somehow NPC-only units. I would not be surprised if you block me from even getting a red mage GHB who is supposed to be available for everyone. I wanted another Henry so I wouldn't have to use my only Henry to give Sophia G Tomebreaker. Guess that's not going to happen soon now will it?

I'm probably going to skip the Alm's Army banner. 2 summons went in to Celica's Army to try and get Sonya and I would have liked Leon and Saber, but I got nothing out of it except for 4* Priscilla -- you would have been so useful had you showed up during the Voting Gauntlet -- and that's up to my limit of 2 summons per regular banner while Alm's Army only has Mathilda being a unit who'd do something different -- being a fast, high resistance lance cavalier. Delthea would be neutral Mae, could end up as a -Atk Mae, or could end up as neutral Linde and Gray, well, I have Alfonse, Chrom, Hinata, and Laslow even though they aren't 5* or have 37 neutral attack except for Chrom. Extra stats by being a villager would be nice, but I have so many sword units.

Man, tomorrow's when the 2x SP weekend bonus starts and I think I'm going to promote Anna to get some of that sweet, sweet extra SP! Should probably bring summer F!Robin along for Cordy. Great, that only leaves space for like one more unit. Uh... Priscilla who showed up on the second summon today? Maybe I should promote and level up Lloyd. I wonder if a 3* Lloyd could work for his quests. Probably. Nah, he'll stay 3* for now.

Edited by Kaden

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The point of running specific skills for a defense team is to

1. Be as obnoxious as possible, and
  2. Help the AI not be as stupid as it usually is.

Cancel Affinity is both. Triangle Adept Litrraven is one of the more common ways to deal with archers, and if the player is made unable to bait your archer because of it, then Cancel Affinity has served its purpose.

In particular, Cancel Affinity isn't useful for an Arena offense team. Triangle Adept is not a common skill to see on arena defense teams because it is easy to circumvent. However, Triangle Adept is common on offense teams because you can pick your engagements in a way to never be at disadvantage. The point of using Cancel Affinity is to put it on your defense team to let the AI have an easier time finding advantageous match-ups.

I was thinking of #3

3.  All you need is one win - all you need is one person to not realize your unit has CA and be surprised.

Does Cancel Affinity work on daggers? It would at least buff them slightly, and I could see GHB Poison Dagger thieves finally not being easy pickings for Robin/Cecilia if that is the case

CA might be also useful for a slow archer like Virion/Gordin or something, increasing his damage output on raven tome users at least? Maybe even Niles to be even more annoying to mages?

Just now, mcsilas said:

Does Cancel Affinity work on daggers? It would at least buff them slightly, and I could see GHB Poison Dagger thieves finally not being easy pickings for Robin/Cecilia if that is the case

CA might be also useful for a slow archer like Virion/Gordin or something, increasing his damage output on raven tome users at least? Maybe even Niles to be even more annoying to mages?

Cancel Affinity can be taught to anything that isn't a tome or staff. That includes bows, daggers, and breaths.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Spoilers for the new Story Chapter 12

Reveal hidden contents

Did anyone not see the Bruno is Zacharis twist coming?

Eh

Spoiler

I haven't kept up with the story at all so I have no particular things to say to that

I just think it's messed up that they cut off the whole thing RIGHT after Alfonse asks him that question.

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Spoilers for the new Story Chapter 12

Reveal hidden contents

Did anyone not see the Bruno is Zacharis twist coming?

Me_rn

Spoiler

of8rgpdd9b9z.jpg

I'm focusing on pulling Saber before trying for anyone else on this banner. 92 orbs and no luck so far!

I did a dumb thing and used my 120 orbs I built up split across both banners. The end result was a lot of skill fodder (Pallas, Robins, some Shannas, etc), a shiny new 4* Eirika aaaand not a 5* to be had. ALso I filled up my barracks, oops! Reaaaalllly gotta go through and clean that bad boy out. SO many skills to pass on...i should probably put together a spread sheet to get people to help me prioritize skills.

On the brightside, got hte 5* rates up to 3.75% so...so surely a 5* is just around the corner on both! 

Edited by r_n

5 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

Eh

Reveal hidden contents

I haven't kept up with the story at all so I have no particular things to say to that

I just think it's messed up that they cut off the whole thing RIGHT after Alfonse asks him that question.

The cynic in me thinks it's because then, they'd have to give him art, and then the data-miners would reveal the big secret before we played the game and ruin the surprise.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Me_rn

Hide contents

of8rgpdd9b9z.jpg

I'm focusing on pulling Saber before trying for anyone else on this banner. 92 orbs and no luck so far!

Good luck.  I want Gray's Sword SP.  I kind of like that they separated the two Banners, it makes it easier to get the Red you want.  I'm surprised they missed the perfect opportunity to add another Armor unit with Valbar.  He's on the box art and everything.