Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

technically he is closer to the Hardin archetype imo. If you can consider Lyon and Takumi as Hardins... 

Dude Lyon is literally as straightforward as a Hardin clone as possible. 

Like if they took Hardin and made him a bishi Lyon is the exact result. Its not as straightforward as Alvis(whose details are clearly taken from Hardin) or Zephiel(literally a Hardin from the most straightforward FE3 ripoff in a series that is essentially FE3 ripoff) but he's WAY up there

Heck looking back i'd order it Lyon > Zephiel > Arvis > Robin > Kris in term of "how Hardin is this character" since Lyon is almost a copy paste

Edited by JSND

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 minutes ago, JSND said:

Dude Lyon is literally as straightforward as a Hardin clone as possible. 

Doubt it.  Perhaps in terms of story, but they're totally different.  One is a giant brute, one is a sorcerer. 

Wouldn't Ashnard be a better clone?

5 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Doubt it.  Perhaps in terms of story, but they're totally different.  One is a giant brute, one is a sorcerer. 

Wouldn't Ashnard be a better clone?

He's a giant brute in FE3, and a cav in FE1, but the storyline and the personality actually lines up to Hardin. Like the whole having crush on Eirika and being jealous at Ephraim is literally coming from Hardin

Ashnard and Hardin couldn't be more different. One is one of the most disgusting villain, the other is probably the second kindest person in Archanea after Marth. Case in point all i know about Ashnard is that he's basically "power, power, power" while Hardin's very first conversation with Marth is them bonding over their idealism

Edited by JSND

4 minutes ago, JSND said:

He's a giant brute in FE3, and a cav in FE1, but the storyline and the personality actually lines up to Hardin. Like the whole having crush on Eirika and being jealous at Ephraim is literally coming from Hardin

Ashnard and Hardin couldn't be more different. One is one of the most disgusting villain, the other is probably the second kindest person in Archanea after Marth

Hm, but the personality is different.  Before corruption, Lyon was a calm, peace-loving, gentle figure.  

Hardin, acc't the wiki was an honorable warrior.

Edited by Lushen

1 minute ago, JSND said:

Ashnard and Hardin couldn't be more different. One is one of the most disgusting villain, the other is probably the second kindest person in Archanea after Marth

In all seriousness, Daein under Ashnard is probably the best country to live in in Tellius for an average person (that is, the 90% or so who aren't nobles), meritocracy counts for a lot. Literally every other country* has their own share of assholes at the top, but Daein at least the common person can advance if he's good at fighting---Shinon made a terrible choice, though. If he had stayed in Ike's mercenary company he would've been a second TItania with those growths, maxed out Shinon is almost indistinguishable from maxed out Rolf, and he starts 20 levels higher, but nope, gotta leave for the whole damn game.

*Laguz and branded would probably want to live in their own countries or Stefan's Village Hidden in the Sand random ass village in the desert.

1 minute ago, Lushen said:

Hm, but the personality is different.  Before corruption, Lyon was a calm, peace-loving, gentle, religious figure.  

Hardin, acc't the wiki was an honorable warrior.

Theyre not exactly the same but a lot of their details are extremely simmilar(sick "parents", the unrecruited love with jealousy towards their best friend, controlled by dark figure etc)

I mean even Roy and Marth is different in personality and they're the most cited "same lord"

52 minutes ago, JSND said:

Its not as straightforward as Alvis(whose details are clearly taken from Hardin) or Zephiel(literally a Hardin from the most straightforward FE3 ripoff in a series that is essentially FE3 ripoff) but he's WAY up there

Heck looking back i'd order it Lyon > Zephiel > Arvis > Robin > Kris in term of "how Hardin is this character" since Lyon is almost a copy paste

I feel there's a big difference between being corrupted by magic (Lyon and Hardin) and life (Zephiel and Arvis). Also, just wondering, would you still put Zephiel on the list if FE7 never happened?

Also, remind me how Robin and especially Kris are Hardins again?

20 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I feel there's a big difference between being corrupted by magic (Lyon and Hardin) and life (Zephiel and Arvis). Also, just wondering, would you still put Zephiel on the list if FE7 never happened?

Also, remind me how Robin and especially Kris are Hardins again?

Yeah

Its really mainly FE6 that makes him Hardin clone(in isolation FE7 Zephiel would be closer to Yubello/Yumina than Hardin). The mention that Zephiel is a nice person does comes from FE6 with FE7 showing it in details

Kris is a bit of a joke from me, but lets put it this way- directly or not, the side effect of how Kris is written as a character would make him coincides with Hardin since their #1 characteristic is that they are Marth's best friend and right hand man, and he definitely did. The ending of New Mystery is basically Champion of Aurelis, so whether you took the good or ugly implication is up to you(most people probably took the ugly implication regarding Kris lol)

Robin comes from https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/6l988x/ive_realized_awakenings_plot_may_have_been_made/

Its the same thing as Zephiel in that FE13 is an FE3 ripoff, and the one who fills the Hardin spot in FE13 is Robin.

Edited by JSND

This is weird, but I want a cavalier who rides a camel. Camus on a camel would be pretty rad. :p

Also, there are no canonical character who are Griffon Riders, right? Not even a named enemy or anyone. The only thing I can think of is a Halloween Cherche where Minerva's wearing a Griffon hoodie.

Spoiler

83xKwQo.png

This is such a feelsbadman stat spread. Hp is the second lowest stat, same Atk as Speed (despite Atk seal), haha.

Pity Wo Dao+ doesn't work well on Ignis, and Silver's 3 higher MT over Armorslayer doesn't really justify a 5* investment (same goes for Wo Dao+). To be honest, I'm not sure what I'm even looking for in a sword at this point---a Prf would be amazing, of course, but Prfs are Prfs because they're uninheritable.

6 minutes ago, Kaden said:

This is weird, but I want a cavalier who rides a camel. Camus on a camel would be pretty rad. :p

Also, there are no canonical character who are Griffon Riders, right? Not even a named enemy or anyone. The only thing I can think of is a Halloween Cherche where Minerva's wearing a Griffon hoodie.

Camus on a camel... does he get to use a cactus as a weapon?

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

Camus on a camel... does he get to use a cactus as a weapon?

That would suck to hold and get hit by.

Just now, JSND said:

Speedo Camus sitting on a camel wearing a cactus on the deset

s-w-e-a-t-i-n-g

Like I said, that would suck to hold and get hit by. All I'm thinking of now is what would happen if Camus accidentally hit his privates with the cactus. *shudders*

Camus on a camel fighting with a cactus should be really fast. Or his cactus should get people high. :p

Just now, Kaden said:

That would suck to hold and get hit by.

Like I said, that would suck to hold and get hit by. All I'm thinking of now is what would happen if Camus accidentally hit his privates with the cactus. *shudders*

Camus on a camel fighting with a cactus should be really fast. Or his cactus should get people high. :p

Never heard of a groin protector in martial arts? :P

3 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Gradivus doesn't have infinite durability!(except in the recent game) It needs protecting too

Canonically Gradivus broke first before Camus's body tbh

Which should include his groins

bro do you even BSFE

Just now, JSND said:

Canonically Gradivus broke first before Camus's body tbh

Which should include his groins

bro do you even BSFE

man that chapter was so hard

there were like 912190210 reinforcements and i don't think i ever killed the boss so i never got that medeus cutscene NotLikeThis

6 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

man that chapter was so hard

there were like 912190210 reinforcements and i don't think i ever killed the boss so i never got that medeus cutscene NotLikeThis

I need to try that thing

And the Hardin Minerva chapter

But not after i finished Lunatic Mode

But fuck chapter 15

Just now, JSND said:

I need to try that thing

And the Hardin Minerva chapter

But not after i finished Lunatic Mode

But fuck chapter 15

The Hardin Minerva chapter is fine

until you get stupid Frost healing the enemies because Archanea games don't have Ally units so all actual allies are enemies 

2 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I've pulled so many greys since Klein came out. I haven't got many extra 5* greys to show for it (both the summer ones, though, thankfully. Still no Jaffar :( ). Klein refuses to come to me, likewise. I need him so much - partly because of the pretty, partly for the bow since any Kleins I've played in the gauntlet have been great... and partly because I need extra Kleins for DB3. I'm not upgrading a Hawkeye just for that v.v 

Why does Klein hate me so? -.- I feel your pain. 

I have a growing list of units that would really like DB3 and like you, I'm not really keen on spending 20k feathers on Hawkeye to get it. Seems like Klein hates both us.

2 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I've pulled so many greys since Klein came out. I haven't got many extra 5* greys to show for it (both the summer ones, though, thankfully. Still no Jaffar :( ). Klein refuses to come to me, likewise. I need him so much - partly because of the pretty, partly for the bow since any Kleins I've played in the gauntlet have been great... and partly because I need extra Kleins for DB3. I'm not upgrading a Hawkeye just for that v.v 

Why does Klein hate me so? -.- I feel your pain. 

I have a growing list of units that would really like DB3 and like you, I'm not really keen on spending 20k feathers on Hawkeye to get it. Seems like Klein hates both us.

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Sorry, I can't think of any holidays that revolve around deserts and camels.  

You just think Camus on a camel would be cool cause Camus and Camel are two letters apart :p

I just want to see Ashnard

Spoiler

abusing a Laguz dragon