• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Speaking of you drawing, are there other bespectacled characters in FE except Miriel, Laurent, and Yukimura?
(Canas and Etzel wear monocles and thus count half. They score double for style though.)

I'm drawing a blank at the moments, but I'm thinking one of the Athos-types might.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Surely you don't draw hell itself every time.

My stuff can be pretty bad.

57 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I want to play it but they're all on either Vita, PS3, or PC. The former two I don't have and my laptop sucks at running games. :( At least I think Trails of Cold Steel 3 is coming to PS4 so I can play that one.

Just dropping in to say that Trails is not Final Fantasy. Each game is important to the other and you should absolutely not play a single non-entry point game on its own. Not only would the story make zero sense, but it'd be hella spoiler-y, too.

Sky FC, Coldsteel I, and Zero (unreleased in the West) are the only acceptable starting points, and even then, I strongly recommend starting from FC and playing the games in the order in which they were released.

More on topic, I've been lazy about TT since I was traveling in Japan the past two weeks, but I'm back now so I'm going to have to grind hard to get from 7000 to 100,000 in just 10 days. But I will do it. I just do it. But I'm not looking forward to it. T_T

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

I want to play it but they're all on either Vita, PS3, or PC. The former two I don't have and my laptop sucks at running games. :( At least I think Trails of Cold Steel 3 is coming to PS4 so I can play that one.

I burned a couple stamina potions across the last few days and I've finished all the lunatic Chain Challenges. I gotta say the final Prologue one and the final story ones were both frustrating at first and took a few tries. The Paralogue one was actually the hardest. That very first map I just couldn't find a way to lure either Roderick or Luke and not end up with somebody dead, which kept leaving me off on the wrong foot to clear all the rest with only 2 teams available. I managed to pull it off with some very careful horse team play while NOT abusing buffs so Luke and the archer wouldn't fuck up Xander first turn.

The final story one was a pain since the first time I cleared all the way to the final map while on my last team and COMPLETELY forgot that Ike's final map had a fucking turn limit that would auto fail you. Yeah I was mad. But fully beat it 2 tries later thankfully by bringing my healer Alm instead of a regular healer, and that worked out really well.

Trails in the Sky isn't particularly resource-intensive - my toaster runs it just fine!  Check out the minimum specs, and give it a go - the story/characters are amazing.  Cold Steel will get a PC release as well, and that's where my avatar is from!

Would it be possible to intentionally murder your first team on the final paralogue (and take someone out), then use the second string to clean up?  I remember the final paralogue maps as normal maps were a gigantic PITA.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Would it be possible to intentionally murder your first team on the final paralogue (and take someone out), then use the second string to clean up?  I remember the final paralogue maps as normal maps were a gigantic PITA.

That's still perfectly viable if you don't mind the slight drop in score- in fact, I think only one of my many runs has lost my first team before then. Meanwhile, I have had to use Linde and Hector to clean up plenty.

If your first team dies, the enemy will be left with whatever damage they had or, failing that, some lost HP like the first Tempest. So if your team is dying, take out as much of the enemy as you can!

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

That's still perfectly viable if you don't mind the slight drop in score- in fact, I think only one of my many runs has lost my first team before then. Meanwhile, I have had to use Linde and Hector to clean up plenty.

If your first team dies, the enemy will be left with whatever damage they had or, failing that, some lost HP like the first Tempest. So if your team is dying, take out as much of the enemy as you can!

Chain Challenge doesn't keep score - you either pass it or you don't.

Just now, eclipse said:

Chain Challenge doesn't keep score - you either pass it or you don't.

Oh, confused the two.

In which case, there's absolutely nothing stopping you. I think it follows Tempest's rules, though it's been a while since I tried.

4 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Speaking of starters:

They would've been so fucking amazing if their Prfs were legendary gem weapons.

16 MT gem weapon, basically puts all dragon builds out of a job, while also being relevant even at +0 merge vs. +10s.

ROY should have Gem Legendary. TA3 is practically his signature skill

Edited by JSND

Do you now what is better than 5* Oboro? Double 5* Oboro !

tumblr_inline_oswxhhP3SU1r8vmru_540.jpg[]/SPOILER]

Today start the Yamada-Challenge right? Ugh, too much to do now, 99 stamina sounds very little with too many events

Edited by SniperGYS

25 minutes ago, Fruity Insanity said:

Just dropping in to say that Trails is not Final Fantasy. Each game is important to the other and you should absolutely not play a single non-entry point game on its own. Not only would the story make zero sense, but it'd be hella spoiler-y, too.

Sky FC, Coldsteel I, and Zero (unreleased in the West) are the only acceptable starting points, and even then, I strongly recommend starting from FC and playing the games in the order in which they were released.

15 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Trails in the Sky isn't particularly resource-intensive - my toaster runs it just fine!  Check out the minimum specs, and give it a go - the story/characters are amazing.  Cold Steel will get a PC release as well, and that's where my avatar is from!

I wanted to play Coldsteel when I heard it was coming out (had never heard of Trails before period, but it looked like an interesting jrpg) and was then bummed to see it was only on PS3 and not PS4 too. Maybe I'll see about FC or maybe they'll even port Coldsteel 1-2 to the PSN story on PS4 sometime. I'd hope they would eventually, since they're doing that for some other games lately.

19 minutes ago, eclipse said:

That's what I kept trying to do at first, but losing people the first map meant team 2 had to come in before the final Legion/Katarina/etc. map and that would make me lose somebody too, then I couldn't get through the summer paralogues. It was a mess. Luckily I figured out Xander, unbuffed, lived Luke and the archer on the first map, and I got all through it in one piece with my horses and all the way to that last of those paralogues before losing anybody, and team 2 of my usual units took out the summer ones.

Just kinda funny I probably had more trouble with those for a while than with Ike's survival maps.

2 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Are they catering to the international fandom or promoting it more since echoes bombed in Japan with all these Echoes content flood?

You didn't know?  July is national Fire Emblem: Echoes month in Japan...

In all seriousness, I'm surprised they weren't doing an echoes month earlier.  All I can think of is maybe the setup took a while and they didn't have it ready when Echoes came out.  That would explain Tempest, at least.

And when did IS start hating new players?  You need good units to do these quests, even on normal difficulty (though it's not too bad until you get to hard)

Edited by Lushen

Whoa, Berkut's coming up. I wonder what they're going to do with the Infernal map...

Cleared out the Kotaro quests.

Trial 1: Xander, Alfonse, Olivia, Reinhardt

Trial 2: Xander, Anna, Olivia, Reinhardt

Trial 3: Xander, Anna, Olivia, Reinhardt

Trial 4: Xander, Bride Cordelia, Olivia, Reinhardt

Trial 5: Xander, Anna, Olivia, Reinhardt

Edited by Roflolxp54

Well, what a time for him to arrive: off the heels of me actually seeing him in person so I can get excited.

...I think. I'm going to be honest, guys- I liked his descent into madness, but that doesn't exactly translate to being fun in Heroes. 2 range lance with Close Counter?

Enough of your WORTHLESS platitudes! Strength isn't lent, it's taken. Pried from your dead foes! 

Oh baby, I will gladly take more Echoes content. This guy should be the boss of TT, not Celica. This is a GHB right? Is there an accompanying banner of new characters from the same game?