Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

No, but she's getting a wedding dress at level 50 on the FFXIV adamantoise server.

Call me Archer.

I'm going to turn into a heroic spirit and kill my past self.

"Belinda. Belinda. BELINDAAAAAAAAA!!!"

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, Lushen said:

Any news on GHBs?  I feel like if we were going to get a new one this week, we'd of heard about it by now.

C'mon IS make up for Tobin.

The regular GHB schedule suggests the next GHB should be about two weeks after Clarisse, so if it does come on schedule, it should be in about four days. That's also right around when the mid-month banner change normally happens, so if we're getting a second July banner to overlap with the second half of the Summer banner rather than the schedule going completely off the rails, it should be around then as well. In both cases, we'd need an update in the next couple of days, so we'll have to see if that happens.

Just now, Othin said:

The regular GHB schedule suggests the next GHB should be about two weeks after Clarisse, so if it does come on schedule, it should be in about four days. That's also right around when the mid-month banner change normally happens, so if we're getting a second July banner to overlap with the second half of the Summer banner rather than the schedule going completely off the rails, it should be around then as well. In both cases, we'd need an update in the next couple of days, so we'll have to see if that happens.

Ah, thanks.

Fingers crossed.  And by that, I mean I'm hoping if there is another banner it's garbage so I can keep spending my orbs on the one now.

We may see a re-run as the next GHB. Since that's what was supposed to be next before the Bound Hero Battle took its place. But yeah, if there's another July banner of new characters around the corner, the odds of seeing a new GHB instead of a re-run will skyrocket.

12 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

We may see a re-run as the next GHB. Since that's what was supposed to be next before the Bound Hero Battle took its place. But yeah, if there's another July banner of new characters around the corner, the odds of seeing a new GHB instead of a re-run will skyrocket.

I liked the theme GHBs we had last time where we got Clarisse and Legion with the banner which were all from the same game.  I hope they continue to do things like that and release them in small batches.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Wrong game

@shadowofchaos Didn't know you were into Fate

It's hard to avoid in college with my weeb club.

Read the VN.

But casual fan otherwise.

Belinda and I watched Unlimited Blade Works anime. And she just rips on it like... I love this woman so much.

Moving on...

Man Tempest trials might not be as much of a struggle but it's still a check of a grind fest during the work week.

I'm getting so much HM from Tempest Trials, and I think at this point that's my main use for Tempest -- to get my characters to max out HM.

51 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Ah, thanks.

Fingers crossed.  And by that, I mean I'm hoping if there is another banner it's garbage so I can keep spending my orbs on the one now.

You and me both. But I get the sneaking suspicion it could be the CYL banner or something, with all these orbs dropping on us suddenly. Would be like blindsiding us with the Hero Fest banner right after Ike's. But I hope I'm totally wrong.

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

You and me both. But I get the sneaking suspicion it could be the CYL banner or something, with all these orbs dropping on us suddenly. Would be like blindsiding us with the Hero Fest banner right after Ike's. But I hope I'm totally wrong.

It's not "after summer" yet, though.

I get the feeling that Hero Fest should have been predictable for anyone sufficiently familiar with Japanese gacha games. A friend of mine basically was just like "Mhm. Yep." when I mentioned it.

Or, maybe if I actually put 1 plus 1 together between when I said "any banner with Hector on it would be seen as a blatant money grab" and the fact that Golden Week is basically money grab season (along with Christmas).

56 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I get the feeling that Hero Fest should have been predictable for anyone sufficiently familiar with Japanese gacha games. A friend of mine basically was just like "Mhm. Yep." when I mentioned it.

Or, maybe if I actually put 1 plus 1 together between when I said "any banner with Hector on it would be seen as a blatant money grab" and the fact that Golden Week is basically money grab season (along with Christmas).

I thought CYL was coming in summer/late summer? The orb dump still got me suspicious it might come earlier.

For Hero Fest, while I'm familiar with gacha games, I guess I just didn't really think about it since it's Nintendo. I still didn't really know what to expect for how close to other gachas or not they'd go back then. Also since I'm not playing any other gacha right now Golden Week kinda slipped my mind as being a thing.

Edit: Man I really need to stop writing "gatcha" instead of gacha by accident.

Edited by Alkaid

I need more 5-star green and colorless units, but my second best offensive colorless unit is a -atk Klein and I'm holding out onto hope that I'll get one that isn't -atk. My best option is to promote a green unit next, and I've got two of them ready to go. Only question is ... should I promote Boey or Merric first? Both are +spd -HP and I am going to use both eventually, but which one should I promote first? Also, Merric is merged so he will cost me less feathers to promote.

Edited by Sunwoo

49 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I could see CYL being the next banner.  Thankfully as long as none of the costumes are overly amazing I won't pull on it.  Though, at the very least it would need to be after the summer banner is over so it would be the next next banner if one comes out this week.

How often do these Japanesse gacha games do hero fest related events?  Is it just a golden week thing or should we expect to see more this year?

edit:  And I'm pretty sure quests require an actual update through the playstore.  If this is correct, then shouldn't we have had an update this morning?  I thought they try to update on mondays, why would they wait till Tuesday?  Maybe they're trying to hide something they know will get datamined.  

Edited by Lushen

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I thought CYL was coming in summer/late summer? The orb dump still got me suspicious it might come earlier.

https://serenesforest.net/2017/04/06/heroes-fall-sneak-peek-eshop-spring-sale/

8 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

For Hero Fest, while I'm familiar with gatcha games, I guess I just didn't really think about it since it's Nintendo. I still didn't really know what to expect for how close to other gatchas or not they'd go back then. Also since I'm not playing any other gatcha right now Golden Week kinda slipped my mind as being a thing.

I'm not sure anyone actually put 2 and 2 together for this, probably because it's Nintendo and not a smaller developer and publisher. For me, at least, it was mostly that I wasn't expecting a blatant money grab out of Nintendo.

8 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I could see CYL being the next banner.  Thankfully as long as none of the costumes are overly amazing I won't pull on it.  Though, at the very least it would need to be after the summer banner is over so it would be the next banner if one comes out this week.

I think most people still consider August to be summer, so...

8 minutes ago, Lushen said:

How often do these Japanesse gacha games do hero fest related events?  Is it just a golden week thing or should we expect to see more this year?

"Hero Fest" in particular is more or less FEH-specific. "Blatant money grab of the highest order", though, is mostly Golden Week and Christmas, I think, since Japanese players have buttloads of time and money to spend during those times.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I think most people still consider August to be summer, so...

"Hero Fest" in particular is more or less FEH-specific. "Blatant money grab of the highest order", though, is mostly Golden Week and Christmas, I think, since Japanese players have buttloads of time and money to spend during those times.

I think it will be august or later, but I could see them saying end of summer means end of the ingame summer season.  I doubt it, but I wouldn't be too suprised.

Interesting, I didn't think the Japanesse were too big with Christmas, given the demographics. 

2 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I think it will be august or later, but I could see them saying end of summer means end of the ingame summer season.  I doubt it, but I wouldn't be too suprised.

Interesting, I didn't think the Japanesse were too big with Christmas, given the demographics. 

If it's not earlier, it's gotta be September at the latest, since I doubt they'd cross it over the obvious Halloween costume banner that will surely come in October. Similarly I keep expecting it to come earlier for some reason.

Is there anything else summer-related that could come soon? Again, this orb influx just seems surprising.

They sure love their KFC come Christmas I'll tell you that.

6 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Is there anything else summer-related that could come soon? Again, this orb influx just seems surprising.

It's possible that we'll get a second summer banner themed around a different game, since the first one was Ylisse-specific. Although if that's the case, I hope we get another regular banner in the meantime.

Just now, Othin said:

It's possible that we'll get a second summer banner themed around a different game, since the first one was Ylisse-specific. Although if that's the case, I hope we get another regular banner in the meantime.

I was kinda thinking about that. It better not be Fates if they did, since Nintendo would royally fuck my wallet up with a summer Camilla or something. With the big orb dump and the Ylisse banner being a month long something does feel odd, but it might be not odd enough to get any solid ideas what they could be up to, if anything.

Just now, Othin said:

I was kinda thinking about that. It better not be Fates if they did, since Nintendo would royally fuck my wallet up with a summer Camilla or something. With the big orb dump and the Ylisse banner being a month long something does feel odd, but it might be not odd enough to get any solid ideas what they could be up to, if anything.

4 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

If they go that route, my hope is that we get a second July banner in the next few days, overlapping with the second half of the first summer banner, then when the two of them expire at the end of the month, we repeat the pattern for August. (Second summer banner for all of August, regular banner for second half of August.) But there's no way to tell yet.

52 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I need more 5-star green and colorless units, but my second best offensive colorless unit is a -atk Klein and I'm holding out onto hope that I'll get one that isn't -atk. My best option is to promote a green unit next, and I've got two of them ready to go. Only question is ... should I promote Boey or Merric first? Both are +spd -HP and I am going to use both eventually, but which one should I promote first? Also, Merric is merged so he will cost me less feathers to promote.

I would wait for a Nino. If you really need a green mage now, go with Merric. Boey needs +Atk to work as an enemy phase unit, and his Speed is still pathetic with +Spd so I would not recommend him for Player Phase builds. Do not promote this Boey.

Edited by XRay

48 minutes ago, Lushen said:

It's amazing what good marketing campaigns can do. Many of the modern Japanese traditions (including Valentine's Day, White Day, and Christmas) are results of some company pitching a damned good marketing campaign that ended up catching on.

33 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would wait for a Nino. If you really need a green mage now, go with Merric. Boey needs +Atk to work as an enemy phase unit, and his Speed is still pathetic with +Spd so I would not recommend him for Player Phase builds. Do not promote this Boey.

I already have a Nino that's +spd. I need more green units besides just her, Fae, and f!Robin.