• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Just don't pull my Cordy.

I saw this quoted and thought "what wonderful person is waiting for a chance to pull Cord...?" 

Don't get my hopes up like that. You already have a nickname for her. Riceload.

Edited by Gustavos

2 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

I saw this quoted and thought "what wonderful person is waiting for a chance to pull Cord...?" 

Don’t ridiculy an M-rated manly man of manliness like him by calling him Cordy.

13 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

When the Summoning Thief asks people not to steal

I leave for 1 week and now we're assigning inside joke labels to regulars here?

What the hell is mine then

2 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

And that's why everyone people declared "Fanservice ruined the franchise" I just snorted ... haha yeah sure let's forget leg fetish is a thing in Japan.

If showing a little leg or some cleavage is "fanservice" (like Ishtar, Sonia and Petrine), you've got problems. FE took a whole other step beyond Awakening and just made a thing. The whole TCG exaggerates 90% of the chick's assets.

8 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

If showing a little leg or some cleavage is "fanservice" (like Ishtar, Sonia and Petrine), you've got problems. FE took a whole other step beyond Awakening and just made a thing. The whole TCG exaggerates 90% of the chick's assets.

I mean i already said it before

I'm ok with fanservice, heck when i played Shadow Dragon, Caeda being hot is the entire reason i stomache that game

Just don't make it ugly, which is sadly literally Fates and Awakening. Theres a good reason i never complained about SoV despite the fact that the design there is just as fanservice as it have always been

And FEM Linde more than manage to surpass my expectation in every wrong way possible

10 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

oh, yes, it  is fanservice. the  slight cleavage, not so much, but the legs, it's even called the   Absolute Territory     there. It's not that I myself is that crazy about legs, it's just I know it's a thing in Japan. If your definition of fanservice is only boobs and pussy you're oh so getting it wrong

And I'd rather not complain about females getting sexualized when they are catering to females too.

Edited by DraceEmpressa

What I mean to say is there's a clear-cut difference between what FE always did and what started to be a trend starting Awakening. Nobody can handwave that.

28 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I'll pull your cord Kappa

I don't think the doctor kept it around.

35 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I leave for 1 week and now we're assigning inside joke labels to regulars here?

What the hell is mine then

You're just Rey, the Swordmaster. I watch your vids and I read that convo in that crit collection.

20 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Does Ninian's dress double as a wedding outfit?

I can see the appeal.

No, but she's getting a wedding dress at level 50 on the FFXIV adamantoise server.

32 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I don't think the doctor kept it around.

You're just Rey, the Swordmaster. I watch your vids and I read that convo in that crit collection.

Call me Archer.

I'm going to turn into a heroic spirit and kill my past self.

1 hour ago, Soul~! said:

What I mean to say is there's a clear-cut difference between what FE always did and what started to be a trend starting Awakening. Nobody can handwave that.

I dunno.

People only started noticing fanservice and getting them to make more "appeal to that kind of crowd" simply because of the whole "you can make a character and marry anyone in the game" mechanic.

Without that, it just seems to me that the fanservice has been in line with the times. Seasonal fanservice character roll banners are the norm in other gacha games.

Edited by shadowofchaos

39 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I dunno.

People only started noticing fanservice and getting them to make more "appeal to that kind of crowd" simply because of the whole "you can make a character and marry anyone in the game" mechanic.

Without that, it just seems to me that the fanservice has been in line with the times. Seasonal fanservice character roll banners are the norm in other gacha games.

That's not the excuse at all, but they were both things older fans tend to see as a degrade in quality. Think of it, a game that's always been rather tame and gentle with it's character designs decides to go down that road because it sells more (yes, I'm one of those guys, but you just ought to admit I'm right). Other games always did this, it's nothing I'd call new. It's not what I'd call "gacha-related".

5 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

but you just ought to admit I'm right

In a forum, this mentality is a problem, Soul.

Especially since my perspective via the Japanese FEs means I take more to the "sexified" implications in language in addition to character designs in old FEs that gets lost in English or translation patch.

We are also in an FE heroes thread. So gacha fanservice is always part of the discussion whether we like it or not.

There was never any golden age of fire emblem tame character designs to degrade from. They are simply a reflection of the times they were born from.

Now if we're talking about character designs regarding impractical things such as battle panties... That's another subject entirely.

Edited by shadowofchaos

2 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Especially since my perspective via the Japanese FEs means I take more to the "sexified" implications in language in addition to character designs in old FEs that gets lost in English or translation patch.

What do you mean?

Just now, Soul~! said:

What do you mean?

First one that comes to mind with character interactions is Sylvia and Feena.

There is always language specific implications that can't be translated into English no matter how hard we try.

Just like the "Kingdom of Byakuya and Anya" doesn't have that "oomph" to English FE14 players.

If you want an illustration of how much text can affect how "sexed up" a character design can be via context, look at Feena and Kris supports. And that was recent.

3 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

First one that comes to mind with character interactions is Sylvia and Feena.

There is always language specific implications that can't be translated into English no matter how hard we try.

Just like the "Kingdom of Byakuya and Anya" doesn't have that "oomph" to English FE14 players.

If you want an illustration of how much text can affect how "sexed up" a character design can be via context, look at Feena and Kris supports. And that was recent.

No, seriously. I never heard anything to those regards. I'm genuinely really curious as to what you mean now. Like, are you referring to cultural things that aren't that big of a deal in Japan?

7 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Like, are you referring to cultural things that aren't that big of a deal in Japan?

In general, westerners make a bigger deal about sex or any implications of sex related things more than the Japanese, I've noticed.

In FE games, they are just little things here and there that just don't transfer unless you know Japanese. What I'm saying is that in my perspective, being primarily rooted in the Japanese FE games...

The fanservice of recent FE games a la Awakening or Fates and people's reactions to them are attributed to their possible nostalgia of older character designs. Your "ought to admit I'm right" statement earlier is not all encompassing as while there is a change in character design trends since Awakening... The reflection of those changes as proof of degradation is debatable.