Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Threaten Defence had an image, so I had an idea as to why it might be relevant.

Clarisse's Bow actually confused me.

Clarrise doesn't start with her Bow as a 3*, so people trying to copy his strat would need to learn it first.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

So after looking for a Valentia unit, I did double pull on Fury banner and got a 4☆ Mae +def -spd, same as my Katarina. Should I bother promoting her or wait for a better Mae? If I don't promote her I might promote Camus or Robin.

28 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

So after looking for a Valentia unit, I did double pull on Fury banner and got a 4☆ Mae +def -spd, same as my Katarina. Should I bother promoting her or wait for a better Mae? If I don't promote her I might promote Camus or Robin.

Probably better to wait. -Spd gives her only 28 speed at 5* lvl 40, and her defence is still terrible. Camus seems like a much better choice to promote, as he's generaly a better unit anyway.

1 hour ago, Quintessence said:

I you want to run a Horse Emblem team, Camus is great.  He and Xander and give you a double Distant Counter combo that can buff each other.

Why couldn’t I have got Eldigan yesterday, when the double SP event was still ongoing? Oh well, I’m still glad I actually managed to pull him.

Mystleteinn + Bonfire + Quickened Pulse = boom boom boom and boom some more.

At least he helped me to get rid of some of my feathers. He’s cool.

Edited by Vaximillian

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Why couldn’t I have got Eldigan yesterday, when the double SP event was still ongoing? Oh well, I’m still glad I actually managed to pull him.

Whoa great, congratz! I may pull another session on the fury banner because I didn't know paralogues had chain challenge as well lmao. Actually I'm going to do it right now.

HOPE WILL NEVER DIE

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Throw in a Quick Riposte and he can run Ignis instead for even more boom. I ran calcs a while back and it turns out that gives him better results than 1 CD Bonfire, interestingly enough. I should check again just to make sure though.

16 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

What nature is he?

Got back to 20k feathers from TT rewards. Want to upgrade Zephiel, but I feel like there's no reason to do it just yet, especially since the double SP weekend just ended and it seems silly to not wait for the next one when I don't have any urgent need for Zephiel but he needs a LOT of SP. Plus, waiting to get more 5*s like Tobin would mean being able to train them alongside him.

13 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Whoa great, congratz! I may pull another session on the fury banner because I didn't know paralogues had chain challenge as well lmao. Actually I'm going to do it right now.

HOPE WILL NEVER DIE

I wonder why xenologues don’t have chain challenge mode. There are exactly two anyway.

9 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Throw in a Quick Riposte and he can run Ignis instead for even more boom. I ran calcs a while back and it turns out that gives him better results than 1 CD Bonfire, interestingly enough. I should check again just to make sure though.

Demand for Quick Riposte is one of the reasons I’m switching to pulling blue.
I only have one Subaki, and the guy did godly work on several grand hero battles; I just can’t throw him away.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

What nature is he?

+Res, −Spd. Not the best, but not the worst either.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I wonder why xenologues don’t have chain challenge mode. There are exactly two anyway.

Demand for Quick Riposte is one of the reasons I’m switching to pulling blue.
I only have one Subaki, and the guy did godly work on several grand hero battles; I just can’t throw him away.

+Res, −Spd. Not the best, but not the worst either.

Its half of the arguably optimal spread though!

-SPD new meta clearly

Silly question regarding Phantom Speed. So does the Seal only apply to units with a sweep skill on, or can it also be used defensively against sweep skills? E.g. If the enemy has say windsweep and you've got phantom speed, your speed is counted 5 points higher against them.

Just now, komasa said:

Silly question regarding Phantom Speed. So does the Seal only apply to units with a sweep skill on, or can it also be used defensively against sweep skills? E.g. If the enemy has say windsweep and you've got phantom speed, your speed is counted 5 points higher against them.

It works against sweep skills. Meaning the other unit needs to have 6 more spd than your unit to use a sweep skill. 

9 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Eh, it probably is the second worst lmao. But it's fine, just Hone Cav and it'll work out.

His half-sister took +Atk. (and −Def too, but she’s glass already)

15 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

It works against sweep skills. Meaning the other unit needs to have 6 more spd than your unit to use a sweep skill. 

15 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

This is correct.

Awesome! That's actually pretty cool. Thanks guys, looks like I have no excuse to slack off on Tempest :P:

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

This is correct.

@SatsumaFSoysoy @JSND Hey, at least he’s not −Atk! Rezzy wasn’t interested in him.

1 hour ago, JSND said:

@Vaximillian True, anything not -ATK is always welcome

DAMNIT REZZY WHY CAIN AND ABEL GOT HIT WITH THIS

I don't want Cain killing Abel again, so I had to make him -Atk.

Well, that sucks for Brash Assault. Because units with Firesweep weapons can't counter back, Brash Assault does not work on them at all. So, a unit with Brash Assault would have to do things normally and hope they can one-shot someone, finish an injured unit off, or have a dancer to help them out. Firesweep Axe, Dagger, and Sword are going to be so fun to deal with...

8 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Well, that sucks for Brash Assault. Because units with Firesweep weapons can't counter back, Brash Assault does not work on them at all. So, a unit with Brash Assault would have to do things normally and hope they can one-shot someone, finish an injured unit off, or have a dancer to help them out. Firesweep Axe, Dagger, and Sword are going to be so fun to deal with...

Whelp, funny because I've gotten tons of Bartres. Best usage of Brash Assault is on Lyn, else other units will have to be tanky enough to eat a counter or exploit WTA to ensure its effectiveness.

Edited by Quintessence

10 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Because one of the requirements of using BA at all is not being 2HKOd (since you'd die on the counter below half in that case), brash units at least guarantee 2 hits if you initiate---initiate, then firesweep hits back on their turn, initiate again.

If a BA user isn't 2HKOing (or 4HKOing with a brave), you picked the wrong brash user, so it shouldn't be too bad.

To be honest the bigger problem with Brash is that there's no easy way to get a unit to barely below half. Just imagine if the requirement had been below 70% instead. BA would've been so amazing, since you get into range even while fighting people who 6HKO you or something.

2 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

I'm really hoping we get another banner for mid-July.  With 40 orbs, I'm getting the itch to pull again, but the current options are not appealing to me.

I tried making some +10s in the summoner simulator once, and, turns out, you need about 2k orbs for a reliable 5* +10.

So just try to save 2k orbs as a challenge.* :D

*Don't actually do this. Orbs on hand that you don't use is identical to orbs you don't have at all. ~200 orbs is pretty reliable for getting a focus unit you want, so that's probably the upper limit of amount of orbs you want to have on hand---any more basically stunts your hero pool.