Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

16 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I already have a Nino that's +spd. I need more green units besides just her, Fae, and f!Robin.

Ah. I see. Then Merric would be your next best option.

Do you have Cherche? She is basically green Effie with wings.

Legion and Raven are also pretty good.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

Ah. I see. Then Merric would be your next best option.

Do you have Cherche? She is basically green Effie with wings.

Legion and Raven are also pretty good.

I could technically promote Cherche too. She's +def -spd, but I'm not sure whether she would be as effective as a mage would be on my team.

44 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I already have a Nino that's +spd. I need more green units besides just her, Fae, and f!Robin.

Anna is nice to have as a guaranteed bonus unit.

Speaking of starters:

They would've been so fucking amazing if their Prfs were legendary gem weapons.

16 MT gem weapon, basically puts all dragon builds out of a job, while also being relevant even at +0 merge vs. +10s.

9 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Ninian's #2 fan.

We all know who #1 is

Do I have a nickname?

Am I the only one who's hardly done any of the Chain Challenge Courses yet?  I'd like to get all the Tempest Orbs this time, and Tempest is thirsty for Stamina.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Do I have a nickname?

Am I the only one who's hardly done any of the Chain Challenge Courses yet?  I'd like to get all the Tempest Orbs this time, and Tempest is thirsty for Stamina.

I fiddled with them, but I haven't even looked at the Squad Assault stuff. I figure they'll be around for a while, so I've got time. The Tempest is temporary though, and I'm going for all of the rewards.  

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I've done one or two, I think; also focusing on Tempest, though I'm not sure if I'll try for top 1k again.

If I play it right, I think I can complete a full page of max HM...

56 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I could technically promote Cherche too. She's +def -spd, but I'm not sure whether she would be as effective as a mage would be on my team.

Since Cherche relatively easy to get, I would only promote her to 5* if she is [+Atk, -Res]. She is your green flier for the monthly flier quests.

I've been starting to chip away at the Chain Challenges. Haven't made much progress yet, but I want to keep at it. It's less forgiving than TT, but also less repetitive and has individual, concrete objectives rather than just grinding away, so I've been more enthusiastic about it. TT may be temporary, but with it showing up every month, it should be available almost half the time anyway, so I'm not too worried as long as I get all the major rewards. I certainly don't want to push myself as much as last time and get sick of it again.

I wonder what future Squad Assaults will be like, and when. With 6-8 new story maps being added per month from the banners, it should be possible to keep up a rate of at least one new 5-map SA per month in the vein of the first one, but they don't necessarily have to be in that vein, either. The game suggests SAs might not all have to be 5 maps, so they could do shorter ones for the Paralogues like CC, as well as doubling up to form like 10-map SAs. Personally, I didn't find 5 teams to be much trouble to build, but more than that could be really exciting. They could also add Infernal variants, which would be cool.

On that note, I wonder if/when we'll get Infernal versions of story chapters in general. With them already adding different-level variants of story chapters for CC, it doesn't sound like it would be too much trouble to add, although adding additional enemies could make it a bit more work. Also CC just added a ton of new content and free orbs already, so it'd make sense to hold off for a bit more. Of course, now that CC exists, having CC versions of the story maps means adding Infernal versions would give even more content if it also comes with Infernal CC maps, which would be pretty rad.

Also CC quests, that's a thing that could start showing up soon.

26 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I fiddled with them, but I haven't even looked at the Squad Assault stuff. I figure they'll be around for a while, so I've got time. The Tempest is temporary though, and I'm going for all of the rewards.  

I was kind of surprised that they had just the one Squad Assault.  Maybe they'll add one with each big update.

21 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I've done one or two, I think; also focusing on Tempest, though I'm not sure if I'll try for top 1k again.

If I play it right, I think I can complete a full page of max HM...

I don't know where I'll end up rank wise.  I'm sitting at 2373 with a score of 43,411.  I got my Seals and Tobins, so I'm not feeling rushed anymore, but I'll do at least 3 a day for the Missions, and hopefully get more of the Orbs than I did last time.

37 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Do I have a nickname?

-Atk Goddess. So what's mine?

I don't really like Tempest and would rather spend my stamina on Cici's once I hit 40k. So far I've done all the Paralogues on Normal and Hard, Ch. 1 & 2 on all difficulties, Ch. 3, 4, 5, 6 on Normal and Hard, and right now I'm doing Ch. 7 & 8 on Normal. It's pretty repetitive but the maps are shorter and I get to the goods quicker. Instant gratification much?

Meanwhile, I'm at 15k and the grind is getting to me much quicker than last time, even with how much faster the maps go by and the last major milestone being lowered by 10k points.

Reinfart + Briceload + 2 Dancer is literal god comp, @XRay where you at?

@Rezzy @MrSmokestack

With this Tempest Trial, I replaced Olivia with Alm. Without bonus units, I would run Reinhardt, B!Cordelia, and two dancers. Reinhardt and B!Cordelia really need Savage Blow in this Tempest Trial to take out Celica's Ragnarok. Once I give my Azura RTBreaker, I might run B!Cordelia, Alm, and two dancers again. I like Reinhardt, but having three offensive units are not necessary.

I did not run Reinhardt in the first Tempest Trial due to the map with the tree, and that he is not a bonus unit.

Edited by XRay

I was just thinking, they should make one of each color for DC and CC.  Both should only be available from a unit who can only be obtained as a 5* to keep it rare, but there should be exactly one (two when they double the # of units) of EACH color.  This way, people who are pulling red/blue orbs aren't being left out of two of the most powerful skills in the game.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

@Rezzy @MrSmokestack

With this Tempest Trial, I replaced Olivia with Alm. Without bonus units, I would run Reinhardt, B!Cordelia, and two dancers. Reinhardt and B!Cordelia really need Savage Blow in this Tempest Trial to take out Celica's Ragnarok. Once I give my Azura RTBreaker, I might run B!Cordelia, Alm, and two dancers again. I like Reinhardt, but having three offensive units are not necessary.

I did not run Reinhardt in the first Tempest Trial due to the map with the tree.

My Reinhardt has Moonbow, Quickened Pulse, and R Tomebreaker, which lets him ORKO Celica.  That takes out Celica on the first round, assuming Reinhardt makes it to the last map.

I run Boey, Alm, and Azura to go along with Reinhardt.  Alm and Boey are there for bonus, but also to serve as pseudo-healers, with Renew+Reciprocal Aid.  I can usually get to the final map with everbody alive, unless the Ram Valley Map screws my team over, or there's a bad unit match-up, mostly Green High Res units.

17 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

You are Hector.

Just because of my first profile pic? Huh. Guess that stuck better than I thought.

@XRay R Tomebreaker Reinhardt deletes Celica, but Lancebreaker is better in every other context, I have to agree.

My team of Lukas / Briceload / Reinfart / Olivia gets screwed over by bulky ranged greens too BOEY REEEEEEE, but the rest of the time it goes along swimmingly. The god comp is pretty solid for Cici's though since a bonus unit isn't dragging me down.

Can't wait for Ch. 9 & 10 Lunatic...

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Just because of my first profile pic? Huh. Guess that stuck better than I thought.

What can I say, I often get a visual sort of idea of people, and it sticks.

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Ike's Chain Challenge is so bs lol.

I haven't even gotten close to there.  I've only done the first couple chapters, and that was mostly to train Minerva and Cecilia through levels 30's on Normal.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I haven't even gotten close to there.  I've only done the first couple chapters, and that was mostly to train Minerva and Cecilia through levels 30's on Normal.

I'm doing Lunatic first because I want the free orbs. Stat inflation + troublesome skill combos + unkillable juggernauts = fuk. I made it to the last fight with only Kagerou and Bride Lyn left so I just quit. Could have considered it if I still had Olivia.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

But what about your Titania with shades? Where has she gone?

The difficulty spike is real at 9+10 I imagine since literally none of the previous story maps have reinforcements, and the compositions you want for Ch. 9 alone all vary pretty drastically, never mind 10 and its defense objectives.

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

But what about your Titania with shades? Where has she gone?

The difficulty spike is real at 9+10 I imagine since literally none of the previous story maps have reinforcements, and the compositions you want for Ch. 9 alone all vary pretty drastically, never mind 10 and its defense objectives.

I used to have her on my art thread, but Photobucket nuked all my pictures.  I have them backed up on my computer, but I haven't gotten around to transferring everything over to Imgur.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Whenever someone changes their profile I have to readjust my mental image of them. Otherwise how could I not remember @Arcanite as spinning Oboro or being @Rezzy better half while having red hair avatars. (except right now).

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I have only done 1 lunatic chain, and like 5 normal chains... I'm playing only trial too, specially because I don't have a 40% bonus character and I feel more easy to play on hard, so I need even more stamina like this haha (I hope next trial is a Fates one, and they make Takumi/Leo a bonus character lol)

3 minutes ago, Rezanator said:

Whenever someone changes their profile I have to readjust my mental image of them. Otherwise how could I not remember @Arcanite as spinning Oboro or being @Rezzy better half while having red hair avatars. (except right now).

So you just imagine that I look like Oboro?

Looking like Oboro is something I wouldn't mind at all!

Didn't get a chance to do the chain challenges and I had no motivation to do them when I realized that you only get orbs from the lunatic ones. Gonna take some pre-planning to do those and at the time, I was training 4* Clarisse, 3* Draug, 4* Laslow, 3* Henry to level 20, 4* Hinata, 4* masked Lucina, I think 4* Reinhardt -- maybe he was trained before with Legion instead of Clarisse --, summer F!Robin, and I think a couple of other units all in preparation for the Tempest Trials. 5* Lukas showed up during the trials, he got trained. Anyway, I thought maybe they'll be useful. No, no, 33 speed, whatever high defense Boey says "Hi, your lunatic runs end with me. I am Veronica 2.0 while you fight Lunatic Celica."