• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

33 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Never played echoes, but Berkut seems like a cool character.  He's kind of like Lloyd where he doesn't look like a bad guy, but he is.  He's not some big gruesome berserker or some purple sorcerer.  Just a normal dude whose kind of an ass.

As someone who has played Echoes, I can tell you that Berkut and Lloyd have little to nothing in common with each other. Michalis would be the far more apt comparison as Berkut also has delusions of ruling over his entire continent and even has a morality pet (his girlfriend Rinea) like how Michalis has Maria as his.

9 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

As someone who has played Echoes, I can tell you that Berkut and Lloyd have little to nothing in common with each other. Michalis would be the far more apt comparison as Berkut also has delusions of ruling over his entire continent and even has a morality pet (his girlfriend Rinea) like how Michalis has Maria as his.

Considering how Berkut was the heir to the country that was pretty close to ruling the whole continent, I wouldn't call him delusional for that.

Spoiler:

Spoiler

He really breaks at the end of the game though, so you can still call him delusional.

Characterwise, he's mostly just an arogant prick. He has an intresting development in the story, but he's pretty clearly a bad guy (instead of Lloyd, who's a good guy on the wrong side). Michealis is a nice comparison.

11 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, the only thing he's got in common with Lloyd is his good looks. Lloyd actually cares about doing the right thing for others, while Berkut just cares about doing whatever he has to in order to seize the power he thinks he deserves.

3 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Considering how Berkut was the heir to the country that was pretty close to ruling the whole continent, I wouldn't call him delusional for that.

Spoiler:

Reveal hidden contents

He really breaks at the end of the game though, so you can still call him delusional.

Characterwise, he's mostly just an arogant prick. He has an intresting development in the story, but he's pretty clearly a bad guy (instead of Lloyd, who's a good guy on the wrong side). Michealis is a nice comparison.

technically he is closer to the Hardin archetype imo. If you can consider Lyon and Takumi as Hardins... 

13 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah, the only thing he's got in common with Lloyd is his good looks. Lloyd actually cares about doing the right thing for others, while Berkut just cares about doing whatever he has to in order to seize the power he thinks he deserves.

Well looks is exactly what I said (and bolded in my post) xD

The look of an antagonist is very important, it tells a lot about a character.  Immediately, I begin to sympathize with both Lloyd and Berkut.  Whether they are good or evil, I don't know but based on their looks, both of them have justifiable reasons.  ESPECIALLY in games/movies where looks are designed to match a personality, unlike real life where it can be a bit more random.

Characters like Sonia, on the other hand, just look like they're evil and I don't have as much sympathy for them.

Edited by Lushen

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

First impressions: Also you're pretty blunt when it comes to the facts when it comes to mechanics of this game.

I'll take that as a compliment. You're kind of the same way too.

Berkut GHB? Time for yet another Distant Counter horse.

Now that I have Reinhardt I really just need to pull a Roy and Cecilia and my Horse Emblem team will be complete.

Just now, Lushen said:

Well looks is exactly what I said (and bolded in my post) xD

The look of an antagonist is very important, it tells a lot about a character.  Immediately, I begin to sympathize with both Lloyd and Berkut.  Whether they are good or evil, I don't know but based on their looks, both of them have justifiable reasons.  

No, it really doesn't say much. Berkut doesn't have justifiable reasons for what he does, and assuming he does just because he looks nice is just wrong. (His Heroes art also makes him look less threatening than his FE2E art does.)

10 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Now that I have Reinhardt I really just need to pull a Roy and Cecilia and my Horse Emblem team will be complete.

Would he get Distant Counter?  I don't remember from Echoes, did his weapon have that?  Yet another Blue Horse to add to my Stables.  I've got Ursula, Camus, Abel, Reinhardt, and Olwen.  I should run Blue Horse Emblem.

11 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Regardless of my respect of other views... If it's an objectively justifiable statement via calculations... I'm kind of an asshole with it.

Which is why Belinda acts like my PR most of the time haha.

Man it's like they want Horse Emblem to dominate.

15 minutes ago, Othin said:

(His Heroes art also makes him look less threatening than his FE2E art does.)

To expand on this, this is how he looks in his final battle in FE2E:

gvuzzlY.png

18 minutes ago, Othin said:

To expand on this, this is how he looks in his final battle in FE2E:

Hide contents

gvuzzlY.png

Spoiler

Again, I haven't played the game, but my understanding is this is due to some form of corruption.  Much like Prince Lyon who was not inherently evil.  He doesn't look like he was as nice as prince Lyon before the corruption, but he doesn't look pure evil like some of the other antagonists.

51 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

technically he is closer to the Hardin archetype imo. If you can consider Lyon and Takumi as Hardins... 

Spoiler

In the sense that he gets posessed at some point, yes. There's a big difference though, as unlike all the other characters you mentioned, Berkut choose to get posessed bby his own free will. Becoming mad was entirely his own fault, with Duma corrupting him just being a final touch.

8 minutes ago, Lushen said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Again, I haven't played the game, but my understanding is this is due to some form of corruption.  Much like Prince Lyon who was not inherently evil.  He doesn't look like he was as nice as prince Lyon before the corruption, but he doesn't look pure evil like some of the other antagonists.

Spoiler

Believe me, he wasn't a nice guy before the story started. He was extremly arogant, looked down on all commoners, and only thought of himself and his trophy wife. He and Lyon are pretty much polar opposites.

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:
  Reveal hidden contents

In the sense that he gets posessed at some point, yes. There's a big difference though, as unlike all the other characters you mentioned, Berkut choose to get posessed bby his own free will. Becoming mad was entirely his own fault, with Duma corrupting him just being a final touch.

Reveal hidden contents

Believe me, he wasn't a nice guy before the story started. He was extremly arogant, looked down on all commoners, and only thought of himself and his trophy wife. He and Lyon are pretty much polar opposites.

Interesting, seems like a pretty unique character.  Can't think of anyone in the other games like that.

38 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Would he get Distant Counter?  I don't remember from Echoes, did his weapon have that?  Yet another Blue Horse to add to my Stables.  I've got Ursula, Camus, Abel, Reinhardt, and Olwen.  I should run Blue Horse Emblem.

*Echoes Spoilers*

Spoiler

Berkut's Prf lance, Kriemhild, has 3-range when he is fought in Duma's Temple at Endgame.

There's too many blues for Horse Emblem, now I can't run all of them. Camus and Reinfart alone take up two slots. Still need my Xander for red and Cecilia for green!

37 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Regardless of my respect of other views... If it's an objectively justifiable statement via calculations... I'm kind of an asshole with it.

Man it's like they want Horse Emblem to dominate.

I mean, you're not wrong haha.

The LTC'ers are coming! The LTC'ers are coming!

Quick Bors, hide!

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

*Echoes Spoilers*

Hide contents

Berkut's Prf lance, Kriemhild, has 3-range when he is fought in Duma's Temple at Endgame.

There's too many blues for Horse Emblem, now I can't run all of them. Camus and Reinfart alone take up two slots. Still need my Xander for red and Cecilia for green!

I mean, you're not wrong haha.

Yeah, that's right, I wasn't sure if Berkut got range, but now that I think about it, I think most if not all of the bosses did towards the end.

Berkut must be happy that he gets WTA on Alm, now.

3 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

My 4% pity rate on the summer banner just got reset by a 5* Jakob. Im honestly considering sacrificing him as renewal fodder out of spite.

I know that feel. I turned mine into an Reciproc Aid Healer/Debuffer to help teams SP grind. He works well as that but that's pretty much all he can do. So it would not be a big loss.

Has anyone tried the following team:

Armorslayer+
____wolf+
Bow
Poison Dagger+

Not saying it would be the best team, but it would be usable and pretty cool imo.  RIP team if you're against dragons.  Although, dragons aren't too strong right now.

Edited by Lushen

3 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Has anyone tried the following team:

Armorslayer+
____wolf+
Bow
Poison Dagger+

Not saying it would be the best team, but it would be usable and pretty cool imo.  RIP team if you're against dragons.  Although, dragons aren't too strong right now.

Effective weapons don't work particularly well at weapon triangle disadvantage. When using an effective weapon at weapon triangle disadvantage (1.5 × 0.8 = 1.2), the numbers are approximately equal to fighting as if both sides had weapon triangle advantage. The opponent will take a lot of damage, but so will you on the counterattack.

Triangle Adept at weapon triangle advantage also negates effective weapons' effective damage entirely (1.5 × 0.6 = 0.9). Litrwolf+ would have trouble breaking through Triangle Adept Litrraven cavalry when at disadvantage, and bows have a lot of trouble breaking through Triangle Adept Gronnraven+ Spring Camilla's 30 base Def.

It's more effective to simply run one of each color than to run one of each effective damage type because that guarantees you'll have at least one unit with a strict advantage against every opponent.

Also, dragons are infantry.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Effective weapons don't work particularly well at weapon triangle disadvantage. When using an effective weapon at weapon triangle disadvantage (1.5 × 0.8 = 1.2), the numbers are approximately equal to fighting as if both sides had weapon triangle advantage. The opponent will take a lot of damage, but so will you on the counterattack.

Triangle Adept at weapon triangle advantage also negates effective weapons' effective damage entirely (1.5 × 0.6 = 0.9). Litrwolf+ would have trouble breaking through Triangle Adept Litrraven cavalry when at disadvantage, and bows have a lot of trouble breaking through Triangle Adept Gronnraven+ Spring Camilla's 30 base Def.

It's more effective to simply run one of each color than to run one of each effective damage type because that guarantees you'll have at least one unit with a strict advantage against every opponent.

Also, dragons are infantry.

Heh, as I said I didn't think it would be that effective but it would work.  Kagero can take out most infantry and dragons leaving just horses and fliers.  Any good bowman can take out pretty much all fliers with a brave bow.  The ___wolf character would be the least useful but should help Kagero finish off infantry and kill most cavalry.  The issue would be if you ran into a horse of the opposing color as your ___wolf unit or an armored unit of the opposing color as your armorslayer.  You could get out of this by having your infantry and ___wolf unit be different colors.  Still, I'd wager you could get it to work for most GHBs, scenarios, and get a decent score in arena.  I'm not saying it's the next meta xD 

It'd be like the Sakura team.

I didn't know dragons were infantry.  I never had a Kagero (till today) and the only dragon I use is Ninian.  Additionally, I haven't seen any Kageros in arena in months.  I always thought dragons were separate.  I guess they still have the movement of infantry.  Explains why combat simulator was saying Kagero could kill all the dragons.

Edited by Lushen

Yeah if you look at their movement type icon, dragons have the same "shoe" icon as other infantry. (At least, the dragons so far. It's possible that in the future, we'll get Myrrh or other dragons with the flier movement type.) It's just the weapon type that dragon-slaying weapons target.

You could get all three colors while still hitting all movement types by using Excalibur instead of a bow. Wouldn't make it a good idea, but you could do it.

47 minutes ago, salinea said:

I know that feel. I turned mine into an Reciproc Aid Healer/Debuffer to help teams SP grind. He works well as that but that's pretty much all he can do. So it would not be a big loss.

Considering I have Jaffar, S!Frederick, Felicia and Kagero, I wasn't hurting for 5* daggers. I think what makes it sting even more is that Jakob marks the 13th gray 5* I got without getting a 4* Klein. 

I guess Ill keep Jakob if he has a better nature than my 4* one.

2 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Considering I have Jaffar, S!Frederick, Felicia and Kagero, I wasn't hurting for 5* daggers. I think what makes it sting even more is that Jakob marks the 13th gray 5* I got without getting a 4* Klein. 

I guess Ill keep Jakob if he has a better nature than my 4* one.

I've pulled so many greys since Klein came out. I haven't got many extra 5* greys to show for it (both the summer ones, though, thankfully. Still no Jaffar :( ). Klein refuses to come to me, likewise. I need him so much - partly because of the pretty, partly for the bow since any Kleins I've played in the gauntlet have been great... and partly because I need extra Kleins for DB3. I'm not upgrading a Hawkeye just for that v.v 

Why does Klein hate me so? -.- I feel your pain.