Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

8 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Who in Hoshido looks legit asian though? Mikoto is the only one who has me kind of convinced.

Note: don't open if you don't want spoilers for Fates.

Spoiler

That's funny that you say that given Mikoto isn't even Hoshidan to begin with.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Not really, but I don't think you'd be able to find me a European with the same natural hair color as Peri.

Not that the Standard Lord Hair Colour is a thing that happens in RL humans, too. Hey, it’s anime, it doesn’t have to conform to RL rules.

18 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Who in Hoshido looks legit asian though? Mikoto is the only one who has me kind of convinced.

Azama -- yes, Asians with afros exist --, Fuga, Kagero, Ryoma, and Sumeragi come to mind. Part of this is probably because they look the most normal out of everyone ignoring Kagero, Ryoma, and Sumeragi's gigantic hair. Then again, if you gave everyone in Hoshido brown or black hair, they would probably look normal too.

19 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Do redhead Asians even exist?

I think the areas around India -- so, stretching to the Middle East, Turkey, etc. --, there are people with auburn hair. Then again, that might not be the "Asia" most people are thinking about.

47 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Asians don't have freckles. And Hinoka is most definitely Asian.

Asians can have freckles.  Not as common as Celts like me, but they can.  Mozu

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Asians can have freckles.  Not as common as Celts like me, but they can.  Mozu

Celts, Rezzy? I've never seen anyone call themselves that. lol I know what Celts are (Scottish people, I think. At least, that's what the Scotland civilization is in Age of Empires II), but yeah. So does that mean you're of Scottish descent? I'm mainly Slovakian, aka eastern European myself. Appears to be a minority in the US too. Most Americans are of German or British or other western European descent. Especially German. German was actually almost our official language at one time, such people were so common.

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Azama -- yes, Asians with afros exist --,

I will confirm that Azama's hair is almost exactly what my hair would look like if I went without a haircut for half a year or so (extrapolating off of what my hair looks like if I go without a haircut for 2 months). Hair that is both straight and incredibly stiff (the cut off ends of my hair can puncture skin like a splinter) will do that.

33 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Asian is typically depicted as the "generic" face style (for a given physical build) in an anime art style. Other light-skinned races are usually not differentiated or only slightly differentiated unless they need to look distinctively foreign, in which case fairly typical caricatures are used, e.g. Arthur is very American (but possibly German).

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Celts, Rezzy? I've never seen anyone call themselves that. lol I know what Celts are (Scottish people, I think. At least, that's what the Scotland civilization is in Age of Empires II), but yeah. So does that mean you're of Scottish descent? I'm mainly Slovakian, aka eastern European myself. Appears to be a minority in the US too. Most Americans are of German or British or other western European descent. Especially German. German was actually almost our official language at one time, such people were so common.

I'm a mutt, but I have Scottish and Irish blood amongst other stuff.  I have enough Celtic blood to be annoyed that the Basketball team pronounces it Seltic and not Keltic.  I've some Eastern European as well, Lithuanian.  It's funny that Eastern Europeans don't like being called Eastern European.

@Ice Dragon Asian Models with Freckles if my anecdotal evidence doesn't count.

Edited by Rezzy

Just now, Rezzy said:

I'm a mutt, but I have Scottish and Irish blood amongst other stuff.  I have enough Celtic blood to be annoyed that the Basketball team pronounces it Seltic and not Keltic.

@Ice Dragon Asian Models with Freckles if my anecdotal evidence doesn't count.

I hate that pronunciation too. I've always known it as "Keltic" too. AoEII pronounced it that way.

I actually have some Irish and a little British myself, but a vast majority of my lineage is eastern European because of my dad's family. Both my grandparents there are majorly Slovakian because their families actually immigrated straight from there. Everything else in my blood is from my mom's family, who are much more of a mix. Grandma there was British since her maiden name was Richards, and my grandpa there was Irish because his last name was Kelly (yes, that's where my first name comes from, no joke). And apparently my grandma's grandma was part Native American or something and such too.

1 minute ago, Oboro! said:

I leave and I come back to see Asian models with freckles 

?!?!?!

Yeah, this thread's topic tends to get pretty random. lol

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I hate that pronunciation too. I've always known it as "Keltic" too. AoEII pronounced it that way.

I actually have some Irish and a little British myself, but a vast majority of my lineage is eastern European because of my dad's family. Both my grandparents there are majorly Slovakian because their families actually immigrated straight from there. Everything else in my blood is from my mom's family, who are much more of a mix. Grandma there was British since her maiden name was Richards, and my grandpa there was Irish because his last name was Kelly (yes, that's where my first name comes from, no joke). And apparently my grandma's grandma was part Native American or something and such too.

I've got Houlihan for Irish and Leslie for Scottish.

2 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

I leave and I come back to see Asian models with freckles 

?!?!?!

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, this thread's topic tends to get pretty random. lol

There's more tangents than a trigonometry class.

Question: Should I use my -Atk 5* Tharja to give -Spd Leo Rawrblade?  I could use him as a one-hot wonder, but -Spd kinda takes away any hope of ever doubling.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I've got Houlihan for Irish and Leslie for Scottish.

Houlihan? Could you be related to Chris Houlihan who got his own room in Zelda: A Link to the Past? That'd be kinda cool!

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I could use him as a one-hot wonder, but -Spd kinda takes away any hope of ever doubling.

I'm pretty sure that Leo would never double anyway with his abysmal speed. I had a +Spd one before I sacrificed his QR3 to Catria and he was still so slow

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Question: Should I use my -Atk 5* Tharja to give -Spd Leo Rawrblade?  I could use him as a one-hot wonder, but -Spd kinda takes away any hope of ever doubling.

Leo isn't going to double muh anyway without a lot of effort (+Spd has 25 speed, and 35 after Cavalry buffs (including a goad) is pretty pathetic), apart from units with Hector level of speed, which he can still do with -Spd (most of the time).

I'd say just go for that one-shot wonder, sine he's not getting much better then that.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Houlihan? Could you be related to Chris Houlihan who got his own room in Zelda: A Link to the Past? That'd be kinda cool!

Possibly, though not close enough to know him personally.

4 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I'm pretty sure that Leo would never double anyway with his abysmal speed. I had a +Spd one before I sacrificed his QR3 to Catria and he was still so slow

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

Leo isn't going to double muh anyway without a lot of effort (+Spd has 25 speed, and 35 after Cavalry buffs (including a goad) is pretty pathetic), apart from units with Hector level of speed, which he can still do with -Spd (most of the time).

I'd say just go for that one-shot wonder, sine he's not getting much better then that.

LaD +Spd Hone Cav Leo would be 36 Speed, 40 with Goad.

Just now, Rezzy said:

LaD +Spd Hone Cav Leo would be 36 Speed, 40 with Goad.

Right, guess you can go that route.

Well, you can always merge your -Spd Leo into a better natured Leo if you pull one, so there wouldn't be that much lost in building this one up (as long as you don't give him an expensive A-skill).

43 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

When it comes to -Blade it's easier to fix a -Atk nature than it is to fix a -Spd one. Neutral Tharja with her base kit already hits 40 Spd, and Leo needing +Spd / LaD / Hone / Goad to hit that same amount is kind of sad.  73 Atk at base is a bit low when trying to OHKO things to make up for the lack of Spd.

Just wait for a better-natured Leo that may or may not come. inb4 +Spd -Atk

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

When it comes to -Blade it's easier to fix a -Atk nature than it is to fix a -Spd one. Neutral Tharja with her base kit already hits 40 Spd, and Leo needing +Spd / LaD / Hone / Goad to hit that same amount is kind of sad.  73 Atk at base is a bit low when trying to OHKO things to make up for the lack of Spd.

My poor Leo.

Maybe I should try to make my -Atk Spring Camilla my next project, instead.  I wish we had a Banner with Leo not sharing a color with another unit soon.

11 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Doesn't something like DB 3, Atk Seal, Leo with +6 all stats reach 29 + 13 + 30 + 6 + 1 = 79 Atk? It OHKOs Reinhardt, and that's good enough to OHKO the majority of the cast, considering Rein's rather bulky and has triangle advantage. (L&D variants also OHKO Reinhardt, but it becomes an exact KO.)

Edit: To be honest, 79 is so high that I, personally, wouldn't have problems dropping 6 from it to pick up the CC Vantage combo.

Edited by DehNutCase

59 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

O___O

That seems kinda high tbh. I think my S. Camilla, with a neutral Atk nature, will have around 70+ Atk if she gets all of the flier buffs

With 0 inheritance other than -Blade, base Leo with max buffs hits 72 Atk which can OHKO a good chunk of the cast, but his Spd puts a hard cap on how many more KO's he can get without using a special. Tharja with her base kit on the other hand with max buffs nets over 20 more KO's because she has something called Spd, yes even Spring Camilla who also has a higher Atk base for 78 Atk.

I'm not saying Leo is bad, just...don't give a -Spd unit a Blade tome. That's all I'm saying.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

When it comes to -Blade it's easier to fix a -Atk nature than it is to fix a -Spd one.

Just wait for a better-natured Leo.

Not giving SI to units with suboptimal spreads is just one of those rules of thumb.

1 hour ago, DehNutCase said:

Doesn't something like DB 3, Atk Seal, Leo with +6 all stats reach 29 + 13 + 30 + 6 + 1 = 79 Atk? It OHKOs Reinhardt, and that's good enough to OHKO the majority of the cast, considering Rein's rather bulky and has triangle advantage. (L&D variants also OHKO Reinhardt, but it becomes an exact KO.)

-Spd gets doubled and KO'd by Ursula on the counter