2 minutes ago, JSND said:

+ATK -SPD Setsuna is actually better than +SPD Setsuna on most situation

If Setsuna runs Swordbreaker +ATK -SPD Setsuna is straight up better

Well yeah, but it probably isn't better then +ATK-HP Setsuna, or -DEF/RES. What I was trying to say is that quadsuna works because of her high speed (even at neutral), so taking a hit to that speed really hurts Clarisse. She's still decent, but Setsuna can be better.

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first 80 orbs last week:

Highlights:

Boey -atk/+res (still happy to have him, new unit)

Mae (+speed/-res new unit).

Sorren (+speed/-hp new unit)

All at 4*, not bad though!

yesterday i saved enough and got a 4* Sheena (+atk/-def).

But today... SUMMER ROBIN! She has Neutral stats so not bad I guess!

1 hour ago, Silent shifter said:

Decided to go with yolo summon with my July 20 orbs and....it paid off!!!

Fire Emblem Heroes_2017-07-04-07-17-40.png

Man, I'd go batshit insane if I got this! I still want Summer Female Robin to go with my Summer Freddy! And if I pulled a Summer Freddy that had something a bit better than +Def, -Spd along with her, that would've been sweet too. You lucky dude!

*le sigh* Tried again for Alm and Boey. I got my Faye up to level 40 for the Tempest just in case, but I really don't like using her. I still haven't decided on a B skill, so maybe that will make her easier to use but somehow I doubt it. >.>

I will say I did manage to get two five stars, one of which was a new character. Neutral Ogma finds a place in my barracks as well as another 5 star Nowi. My last one was +DEF -RES. This one is +SPD -HP, a bit better than the former. (Which really sucks because I just spent the weekend grinding my first one up. lol) Now it's just a question of whether I merge or donate Nowi's Lightning Breath+ to someone else... 

I don't know if I should try again. While the thought of having to create a team around Faye for the Tempest really grinds my gears, it may just be better to save my orbs for future banners...

33 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

*le sigh* Tried again for Alm and Boey. I got my Faye up to level 40 for the Tempest just in case, but I really don't like using her. I still haven't decided on a B skill, so maybe that will make her easier to use but somehow I doubt it. >.>

I will say I did manage to get two five stars, one of which was a new character. Neutral Ogma finds a place in my barracks as well as another 5 star Nowi. My last one was +DEF -RES. This one is +SPD -HP, a bit better than the former. (Which really sucks because I just spent the weekend grinding my first one up. lol) Now it's just a question of whether I merge or donate Nowi's Lightning Breath+ to someone else... 

I don't know if I should try again. While the thought of having to create a team around Faye for the Tempest really grinds my gears, it may just be better to save my orbs for future banners...

If you want her to actually try to kill things, Swordbreaker seemed decent as a B skill for her when I was testing sets and matchups to build mine(when combined with an offensive A skill, anyway). Since without a breaker she really can't kill anything in one round.. I ended up putting Poison Strike on mine though, with the intent of making her more support based in the end. A Seal skill wouldn't be bad for similar reasons if you just want to build her cheaply. I don't want to use mine for the Tempest either, and I just got a random Alm while rolling on the summer banner the other day that I'm attempting to build up now. I can say he doesn't seem like he'll be much more of a thrill to use than Faye..

And I'm jealous of that Nowi.

Edited by Alkaid

3 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

If you want her to actually try to kill things, Swordbreaker seemed pretty good as a B skill for her when I was testing sets and matchups to build mine. I ended up putting Poison Strike on mine though, with the intent of making her more support based in the end. A Seal skill wouldn't be bad for similar reasons if you just want to build her cheaply. I don't want to use mine for the Tempest either, and I just got a random Alm while rolling on the summer banner the other day that I'm attempting to build up now. I can say he doesn't seem like he'll be much more of a thrill to use than Faye..

And I'm jealous of that Nowi.

I had been thinking Swordbreaker or a Seal Skill (probably seal attack or speed so she can survive the counters). I'm lucky enough that this Faye is at least +ATK -HP. She does significant enough damage. I did give her Death Blow 2. (Don't feel like sacrificing a Klein to give her DB3.) And I also gave her Iceberg which helps with damage. I may just keep WoM on her, so I don't have to waste more characters on her.

I think I'd at least prefer Alm because Falchion isn't as...specialized as the Firesweep Bow. Like, I see the point of it, but Faye isn't fast enough to make use of it. You can give her a Bowbreaker or Tomebreaker, but then she'll really only be useful at taking out certain units.

Faye is just a terrible unit period, despite high BST which is ironic.

What made them think putting her in the 40% units for a mode where all enemy stats are inflated was a good idea? Had they swapped her out with Lukas I'm sure 99% of the playerbase would have been better off. Considering not only can Lukas be pulled at *4, but he's just a better unit overall.

Edited by Zeo

I had 23 orbs so I finally got to do a summon for summer!

First session had no greens... Got a Florina. I've been needing that Ardent Sacrifice.

Second session had one green. 3* Arthur, which I've never gotten before.

Third session had two greens. First green had another 3* Arthur. Looks like his luck is rubbing off on me... Second one... HAD TIKI!!! YES!! She's my first Atk- 5* but that's okay because she's Spd+ and I want her anyways! I decided to use the last 4 orbs on a blue so I got 3* Shanna which means Desperation fodder!

Jesus what an awful luck summon.

Hit 27 orbs with the ones we got today, so I did a summon.

First set of orbs, all red and colorless with 1 green orb.

3* Batre

Go again, 3 blues, 1 green and 1 colorless.

3* Cherche (-def/+hp)

3* Sully

3* Sully again

3* Subaki

Just terrible. I mean, some decent fodder, but come on I want my bikins man. That's like 150 orbs on this banner so far.

WHAT THE FUCK

I just summoned Alm on my first red stone pull on the tempest banner, and he's +spd -res. I'm happy with this. Apparently, now I have 3 of the 40% bonus tempest units.

Other highlights include: +spd -def regular Frederick (lol), +spd -res regular Tiki, another fucking Gunter, and a Catria. All in all, a really good pull. Except now I'm getting really sick of Gunter.

EDIT: The Gunter appears to be +spd -def. So apparently 4/5 of my new units are +spd -some defensive parameter.

Edited by Sunwoo

22 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Jesus what an awful luck summon.

Hit 27 orbs with the ones we got today, so I did a summon.

First set of orbs, all red and colorless with 1 green orb.

3* Batre

Go again, 3 blues, 1 green and 1 colorless.

3* Cherche (-def/+hp)

3* Sully

3* Sully again

3* Subaki

Just terrible. I mean, some decent fodder, but come on I want my bikins man. That's like 150 orbs on this banner so far.

Join the club, blew my only 25 on the Tempest banner hoping for something other than my *5 Faye.

*3 Cecillia

*3 Eliwood

*3 Nino (+HP/-RES)

*3 M!Robin (+ATK/-HP)

*3 Sophia

*4 Cain

Worst summon in a long time actually. I can't remember the last time I felt like I legit wasted my orbs. But I'll look on the bright side. I finally have WoM3 for Olivia, I've never had WoM fodder before. I have a +ATK Robin to replace my +DEF/-ATK one and I have a free Drawback to use....

... yeah... yeah that balances out.

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

Join the club, blew my only 25 on the Tempest banner hoping for something other than my *5 Faye.

*3 Cecillia

*3 Eliwood

*3 Nino (+HP/-RES)

*3 M!Robin (+ATK/-HP)

*3 Sophia

*4 Cain

Worst summon in a long time actually. I can't remember the last time I felt like I legit wasted my orbs. But I'll look on the bright side. I finally have WoM3 for Olivia, I've never had WoM fodder before. I have a +ATK Robin to replace my +DEF/-ATK one and I have a free Drawback to use....

... yeah... yeah that balances out.

I'd trade you what I got just for that Cain. I've never had him before, at least.

Hopefully our next pulls go better, because they can't get a whole lot worse.

I went for another round on Ylissean Summer, courtesy of the gauntlet orbs.

3* Hinata, 3* Jagen, 3* Frederick, 4* Clair (+RES, -SPD; new), 3* Gunter

Thanks game, but that wasn't the peg knight I've been waiting on since Day 1. Cordelia, I said I was sorry for betraying you for Camilla back in the April gauntlet! Will you finally grace me with your presence, pretty please? Oh well, I have all of the World of Shadows characters now, so there's that I guess. Hinata apparently loves it when I off him for Fury considering he just keeps coming back even though I've sacked at least 10 of his kind up to this point. More of Frederick even though he didn't show up shirtless is always welcome as well. Jagen and Gunter, you two can just piss off.

35 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

WHAT THE FUCK

I just summoned Alm on my first red stone pull on the tempest banner, and he's +spd -res. I'm happy with this. Apparently, now I have 3 of the 40% bonus tempest units.

Other highlights include: +spd -def regular Frederick (lol), +spd -res regular Tiki, another fucking Gunter, and a Catria. All in all, a really good pull. Except now I'm getting really sick of Gunter.

EDIT: The Gunter appears to be +spd -def. So apparently 4/5 of my new units are +spd -some defensive parameter.

I had the same thing happen with Alm except it was on his original banner. The first red stone I pulled from that banner just happened to have an Alm (who is also -RES but +HP instead) under it. It also happened to be my first time pulling from that banner and that red stone was the only red in the set.

Decided to snipe some blue and green orbs from the tempest banner, since Mae and Boey are pretty cool and I really need some more skill fodder from those colors.

First session:

- 3* Donnel (Reciprocal aid fodder I guess, though I already have a ton of him)

- 3* Barst (Reposition fodder is always nice, and possible Brave Axe fodder as well)

- 3* Cherche (Guess Hector is finally getting pivot)

Second session (no green or blue orbs):

- 3* Lon que (was running low on vantage fodder, so this is pretty nice)

So yeah, I got decent fodder for now, but I really wanted Gunter and Jegan for horse emblem. Also no Mae and Boey...

32 orbs, time to get, maybe, Alm again or... Faye ?

Spoiler

After a pull where there isn't any red or gray, and where I got a 3* Arthur, I pulled again :

Red is another Caeda 4*, one grey is Kagero 4*... 2nd grey is Clarisse, green is Arthur (again -_-)... Blue is M!Robin ! 4* ! +Spd -Res !

Man, I'm so lucky with these Robins... Didn't have one without a good boon/bane. Time to bring him to 5* and merge my other Robin with him !

With the 10 Orbs from the Voting Gauntlet and the 4 from the Arena, I'm exactly up to 20 Orbs again... Let's burn them immediatly:

Summerfestival Banner: 3 Red, 1 Green, 1 Colorless

4* Barst: Ewww... another one of these... well Reposition fodder is always nice.

3* Lissa: 150 Feathers, thank you very much.

4* Roy (+HP, -Res): Finally I got another one. Now I will finally be able to give TA3 to my Cecilia. Very nice!

4* Yatoboy/MKamui (+Def, -Spd): Not too bad, though I already have one with a better nature. He will probably end up as Dragonfang fodder.

5* Caeda (+Res, -Atk): Yeeeeees! I finally got her, and at 5* no less. Her nature is horrible though, 22 Basestrength is ugh to say the least. But I don't care, I'm going to make this Lady work. Glacies and a Rubysword+ once I have the Feathers for it should help her a lot, though I'm going to run calcs first before I do anything stupid and regret it later. Not too sure about her B-Slot, I don't think Breakers will help her much. Hit'n'Run or potentially Drag back could make for some fun things though.

I'm very happy with this summon, got nice skillfodder and finally a Caeda. I certainly won't complain about that.

Was rolling for Alm, but didn't get him. In the process I got:

3* Stahl x 2

3* Laslow

3* Adult Tiki

3* Hana

3* Draug

3* Hinata

4* Marth

4* Olivia

5* Sanaki (+Def/-Res)

I'm not too upset over this pull. Sanaki was on my to-get list, and I got a few good fodders out of it. Just a tad salty that I came out of this without Alm nor a pity percentage.

1 hour ago, SakuraFish said:

5* Caeda (+Res, -Atk): Yeeeeees! I finally got her, and at 5* no less. Her nature is horrible though, 22 Basestrength is ugh to say the least. But I don't care, I'm going to make this Lady work. Glacies and a Rubysword+ once I have the Feathers for it should help her a lot, though I'm going to run calcs first before I do anything stupid and regret it later. Not too sure about her B-Slot, I don't think Breakers will help her much. Hit'n'Run or potentially Drag back could make for some fun things though.

I'm very happy with this summon, got nice skillfodder and finally a Caeda. I certainly won't complain about that.

God speed to you. I had such a hard time using her for the flier quests before (granted a 4*) because they gave her such depressingly low damage, especially with -atk. It's kind of a tall order but I think the best you could do for her is Brave Sword+, Luna, L&D3 and maybe Swordbreaker just 'cause. Drag Back's cool too, I really like that on my Cordelia. Swordbreaker might help her a bit more just since she'll need all the help she can get, though.  Her kill count still won't be amazing with -atk  but it's a lot more than much else will do for her. I hope you get another better nature one to merge into her. If you do you'll be good to go since +atk would basically double her amount of good matchups.

I got a -atk of one of my favorites too (Beruka) that I'm also trying to salvage, so I feel your pain.

Edited by Alkaid

YAAAAAAAY I GOT HER I GOT HER!! FIRST PULL OF THE DAY WITH THE PILE OF FREE ORBS!

zt81U7E.png

FREDDY x FEMALE ROBIN EMBLEM IS COMPLETE! (minus Summer Female Robin's skills, of course lol And sorry for forgetting to screenshot the summon session too. :P)

She's +Def, -HP, so basically neutral. Not bad at all! She just wanted some extra def like her knight. :P

I still have some orbs left, so I'll save 'em! Gotta have something for CYL, ya know. BUT YAYZ COMPLETE AWAKENING OTP COLLECTION!

45 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

God speed to you. I had such a hard time using her for the flier quests before (granted a 4*) because they gave her such depressingly low damage, especially with -atk. It's kind of a tall order but I think the best you could do for her is Brave Sword+, Luna, L&D3 and maybe Swordbreaker just 'cause. Drag Back's cool too, I really like that on my Cordelia. Swordbreaker might help her a bit more just since she'll need all the help she can get, though.  Her kill count still won't be amazing with -atk  but it's a lot more than much else will do for her. I hope you get another better nature one to merge into her. If you do you'll be good to go since +atk would basically double her amount of good matchups.

I got a -atk of one of my favorites too (Beruka) that I'm also trying to salvage, so I feel your pain.

Ah Thank you. I haven't had the time to run calcs yet, though tbh I can't imagine that a Bravesword would do her much good. I don't think 35/37 offenses after Bravesword+ and LnD3 is good enough to change a whole lot of her matchups since she basically suffers the same problem Setsuna does. 4×0 is still 0 damage done and other than Setsuna she actually has to go into close combat, and her bulk isn't that good either. Also I do think that either Iceberg or Glacies would do a lot better than Luna on her, due to her extremely high Res (since mine is +Res) and it not being reliant on high enemy Def to be strong. As for Swordbreaker, I don't think she will gain much out of it. She's fast enough to avoid getting doubled and double attacks won't really help her since most swords have decent bulk. Drag back sounds much better since it gets her to safety and possibly allows her to pull out enemies for the team to kill.

Then again, I haven't done Calcs yet so I might be wrong here.

She might be a decent magekiller though, since most mages aren't that bulky to begin with.

Yeah I hope that someday I will pull a better one, but for now I have to work with what I've got.

Good Luck with your Beruka, while I don't exactly have her stats in mind I can imagine a QR+Bonfire Set could be quite evil.