"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

Oh shoot didn't see your edit there. I'm going to be blunt when I say that -Atk is bad, but -Spd is definitely worse between the two. I personally would try to roll for a better Nino as I wouldn't want to spend feathers upgrading something suboptimal. Although, merge allies now passes down inherited skills as well as their learned status, so you could always merge your Nino into a better one you get down the road, provided both are 5*.

Alright that's what I figured.  I don't think she is -Spd, but I wasn't sure about the attack.  I'll get her to level 40 as a 4 star and check a tier list to be sure.  If she is -Atk, then I may try Sharena instead.  Thank you again for all your help!  Love your nickname for Nino!  XD 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Do Armor Slayer, Heavy Spear, & Hammer carry any of the penalize properties from the original game to here?

IIRC, they originated in Ye Olde Days, so I have no idea what you're asking.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

IIRC, they originated in Ye Olde Days, so I have no idea what you're asking.

I think he's asking if they have reduced Mt if they are not used against a unit that they do bonus damage to--the answer to which would be no.

Edited by MrSmokestack

10 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I think he's asking if they have reduced Mt if they are not used against a unit that they do bonus damage to--the answer to which would be no.

That's a VERY new development.  Older games didn't have that.

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Neither. Only Fates has that mechanic to date. Kind of pointless, if you ask me.

Especially considering the penalty was a flat -4 MT, -10 hit.

Even when 'ineffective' the weapons are only 1 MT and 5 less hit than irons.

Can anyone tell me what happens if you're both super-effective against a unit (giant check mark) and weak to the same unit (giant exclamation mark)? I'm thinking Kagero vs Kagero or Ursula vs Ursula as the easiest explanations.

@phineas81707 I think both units would just deal effective damage to each other. Not sure if there's anything beyond that tho.

So, I have a Maria that I wish to train up, and now I have a question:

When I get enough SP to give Maria Assault (and later, Panic), should I keep leveling her primarily through healing, or have her kill stuff for levels too? It's been a while since I had a healer I wanted to use, so I forgot what I did last time.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

16 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Can anyone tell me what happens if you're both super-effective against a unit (giant check mark) and weak to the same unit (giant exclamation mark)? I'm thinking Kagero vs Kagero or Ursula vs Ursula as the easiest explanations.

Effective just multiplies damage by 1.5, it does nothing else. So Kagero does 1.5 times normal damage to herself, same for Ursula.

Edited by DehNutCase

2 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

I think both units would deal effective damage to each other. Not sure if there's anything beyond that tho.

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

Effective just multiplies damage by 1.5, it does nothing else. So Kagero does 1.5 times normal damage to herself, same for Ursula.

Actually, I was thinking more about the visual interface- does it show a check, an exclamation or some combination of the two? (Also, is there a map where I might be able to reasonably check this myself?)

@ILikeKirbys My Lissa achieved high levels just by being used for softening, sniping and healing in literally every match. So I'd imagine doing both damage and healing can help.

So I think I know the answer to this already, mostly just reaffirming it; Atk and Spd are definitely the best rallies/auras for any general-use support unit in this game right? 

I have most of the stats in the form of a rally or aura EXCEPT speed and I'm trying to talk myself out of teaching the unit I have in mind (A!Tiki, not that it super matters; she's vulnerable to kind of a lot so supporting would give her something useful to do from the rear). 

EDIT: Likewise, is it good/useful to have a unit who can buff both defenses, either to be used independently from or alongside the aforementioned two? I imagine that Def OR Res + Speed is actually more useful on defense than both Def and Res though, since most units will very rarely need to have both of those handled...

I'm also wondering if I could get away with just Fortify Def 3 on my second unit (m!Robin incidentally) and use a mobility skill in place of Rally Res... (I guess it would depend on the units in question, who mostly are Kagero, Abel, and Nino, 2 of whom don't worry too bad about their res I think...)

I'm just... kinda second-guessing myself a lot here haha ;; indecisiveness is an issue I struggle with

Edited by BANRYU

19 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Actually, I was thinking more about the visual interface- does it show a check, an exclamation or some combination of the two? (Also, is there a map where I might be able to reasonably check this myself?)

I believe the exclamation point takes priority, but it's been a while since I last had that situation.

If you want to test it yourself, Ursula is the boss of Story 9-3 and has Blarwolf or Blarwolf+ at all difficulties. Kagero appears in Story 6-4 and 6-5, but never has a Poison Dagger.

@phineas81707 You could do Main Story Chapter 9-3 (not sure if there's any difficulty where Ursula doesn't have Blarwolf, I haven't touched the Main Story since the Lunatic Challenge). Bring Ursula along, and have her target the enemy Ursula, and you'll hopefully find your answer.

And thanks for the advice, mate. Maria's taking her sweet time gaining SP at the moment, but when I have Assault/Panic on her I'll keep this in mind.

Although, now that I'm training up my Kagero (Maria's been healing every scratch on Kagero to level up... it's been a slow process), I have a new problem: Kagero's Retribution/Reprisal would probably be better if she was tanky like Saizo (or at least not -HP)... but she isn't, so what should I replace Retribution with?
EDIT: Never mind, I've decided to give Kagero Iceberg for now, maybe Glacies in the future.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

34 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

@ILikeKirbys My Lissa achieved high levels just by being used for softening, sniping and healing in literally every match. So I'd imagine doing both damage and healing can help.

It shows both - if flashes between the two when you've got your unit selected :) 

26 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

EDIT: Likewise, is it good/useful to have a unit who can buff both defenses, either to be used independently from or alongside the aforementioned two? I imagine that Def OR Res + Speed is actually more useful on defense than both Def and Res though, since most units will very rarely need to have both of those handled...

I mean....

That crappy -Atk/+Def Fury 3 Odin likes it, since it lets him tank literally everyone without L&D after +4Spd\Def\Res. It also let's him counter-kill a fair number of units with QR (_blade tome stronk, even with -Atk on the 2nd weakest character in the game).

Fun fact: With +4 to all stats, close counter, QR, and +atk/-hp and hp seal, Odin counter kills 100 units.

Edit: Strangely enough, Olwen can't even come close to his numbers, despite cavalry buffs being +6. Odin's bulk is stronk.

Edited by DehNutCase

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

It shows both - if flashes between the two when you've got your unit selected :) 

Thanks: as it turns out, my Ursula is nowhere near getting Blarwolf. Armoured bow users and anti-cavalry physical weapons are going to make this situation more common...

16 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I mean....

That crappy -Atk/+Def Fury 3 Odin likes it, since it lets him tank literally everyone without L&D after +4Spd\Def\Res. It also let's him counter-kill a fair number of units with QR (_blade tome stronk, even with -Atk on the 2nd weakest character in the game).

Fun fact: With +4 to all stats, close counter, and +atk/-hp and hp seal, Odin counter kills 100 units.

That is good to know xD Unfortunately Odin isn't SUPER high on my priority list (not what I'd call one of my outright favorites but I DO like him and have a soft spot for lower-tier / gimmick characters in general lol) ; I do plan to try to make something of him eventually but it's not a huge priority for me right now in that regard x3;; I will definitely keep that in mind though (I happen to have Def+/Atk- Odin lolol. Don't think I have an Atk+ one though Dx)

As it is Odin will have to compete with Henry and Camilla (if I ever get her </3) for my love in the form of any Hectors or Ryomas I happen to get as skill fodder lol ;;

32 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

@phineas81707 You could do Main Story Chapter 9-3 (not sure if there's any difficulty where Ursula doesn't have Blarwolf, I haven't touched the Main Story since the Lunatic Challenge). Bring Ursula along, and have her target the enemy Ursula, and you'll hopefully find your answer.

And thanks for the advice, mate. Maria's taking her sweet time gaining SP at the moment, but when I have Assault/Panic on her I'll keep this in mind.

Although, now that I'm training up my Kagero (Maria's been healing every scratch on Kagero to level up... it's been a slow process), I have a new problem: Kagero's Retribution/Reprisal would probably be better if she was tanky like Saizo (or at least not -HP)... but she isn't, so what should I replace Retribution with?

Moonbow and Draconic Aura are generally reliable options; Moonbow is good if your Kagero can consistently double via LaD/Spd+ boon (or both), though otherwise I'd go with DracAura. My Kagero is HP+ AND has the HP+3 special seal thing for a nice hefty 37 HP but I'm pretty sure Moonbow will still outdamage Reprisal 90% of the time lol so I'm going with that myself, being that I've got a pretty good pool of moonbow fodder haha ;; 

6 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

That is good to know xD Unfortunately Odin isn't SUPER high on my priority list (not what I'd call one of my outright favorites but I DO like him and have a soft spot for lower-tier / gimmick characters in general lol) ; I do plan to try to make something of him eventually but it's not a huge priority for me right now in that regard x3;; I will definitely keep that in mind though (I happen to have Def+/Atk- Odin lolol. Don't think I have an Atk+ one though Dx)

As it is Odin will have to compete with Henry and Camilla (if I ever get her </3) for my love in the form of any Hectors or Ryomas I happen to get as skill fodder lol ;;

Moonbow and Draconic Aura are generally reliable options; Moonbow is good if your Kagero can consistently double via LaD/Spd+ boon (or both), though otherwise I'd go with DracAura. My Kagero is HP+ AND has the HP+3 special seal thing for a nice hefty 37 HP but I'm pretty sure Moonbow will still outdamage Reprisal 90% of the time lol so I'm going with that myself, being that I've got a pretty good pool of moonbow fodder haha ;; 

Henry can't compete with Odin in his niche---his low speed means he gets destroyed due to doubles.

Odin with +Spd/-Atk, Fury 3, +3hp seal only needs a +3 buff to speed in order to survive literally every single ranged character (without B-Tomebreaker). I checked the worst case scenario via L&D 3 with a +8 buff to def and res (to simulate the best cases of L&D and Fury 3 at once).

edit: I even checked brave bows, and not even braves can kill Odin since he's bulky enough to just tank the 40+ damage double hit.

But yeah, his lackluster offenses means he won't be getting any counter kills off that bulk unless you buff him like crazy.

Edited by DehNutCase

2 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

Still wondering about a -Res/+Spd Draug (I do know the +Spd is good).

What exactly do you want out of him?  Will he still be a wall, or is he going to pretend that he's a Swordmaster?