"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

3 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

so i have 10k feathers now, and i'm thinking about whom to promote.

should i:

1. promote 4* catria to 5* and merge?
  2. promote 4* neutral nowi?
  3. promote 4* michalis?
  4. save them

please and thank you

ofc im talkinga bout when i get 20k

I don't know what particular 5 star units you need, so I'll give a situation for all:

1. If you're baller enough to promote units just for the purpose of merging and you have everything you need to run a successful arena team

2. If you don't have a blue tome user, you have QR2/Swordbreaker, and you have a good A skill to fit her too

3. Vaximillian has personal bias so ignore him :P. If you need an ax user that has high defense and decent HP. You'd also need a better special trigger as well as a good B skill (like QR2)

4. I always save to 40k before promotion! Just in case I want to do some emergency promoting lol

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I don't really have any idea about your team composition, but he counters all kinds of lances and opens so many cans, especially with Bonfire and Quick Riposte.

Dunno how to put multiple images in one imgur link:

Spoiler

So I am thinking of making Catria and Camilla mainstays of my team. I'll give Camilla Gronnblade+ when I can

I would like to keep Palla and Caeda but that may not be a good idea once I get better fliers and I probably shouldn't have two reds on a team. I may replace Catria's Fortify Fliers with something else in the future, but I'm not certain of that

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I don't know what particular 5 star units you need, so I'll give a situation for all:

1. If you're baller enough to promote units just for the purpose of merging and you have everything you need to run a successful arena team

2. If you don't have a blue tome user, you have QR2/Swordbreaker, and you have a good A skill to fit her too

3. Vaximillian has personal bias so ignore him :P. If you need an ax user that has high defense and decent HP. You'd also need a better special trigger as well as a good B skill (like QR2)

4. I always save to 40k before promotion! Just in case I want to do some emergency promoting lol

As for Nowi and whatever... I still haven't thought of a good team for her but I do want to use her since she seems pretty good

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

As for Nowi and whatever... I still haven't thought of a good team for her but I do want to use her since she seems pretty good

First thing, are you 100% sure that Nowi is the one you need and not want? (unless you're actually promoting her out of want XD)

Second thing, do you have no other blue tome users?

Third thing, Does Nowi bring something to your table that no other unit has done for you before?

Fourth thing, do you like waffles?

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

First thing, are you 100% sure that Nowi is the one you need and not want? (unless you're actually promoting her out of want XD)

Second thing, do you have no other blue tome users?

Third thing, Does Nowi bring something to your table that no other unit has done for you before?

Fourth thing, do you like waffles?

1. Not sure about need. I have a 5* neutral Linde too

2. Answered that above

3. A blue ranged distant counter unit, I guess!

4. lol American food

3 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

1. Not sure about need. I have a 5* neutral Linde too

2. Answered that above

3. A blue ranged distant counter unit, I guess!

5 star neutral Linde?

Are you kidding me?

You don't really need to use Nowi if you already have Linde of all people! You say "A blue ranged distant counter unit, I guess". To me, it sounds as if you're not even sure that Nowi fills a particular "hole" in your roster if you 5 star her.

I say save your feathers, unless you desperately need Michalis to be your ax user

7 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

4. lol American food

I mean, that's pretty messed up, but I don't really eat waffles anyway XD

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Waffles are, in fact, of European origin.

#EducatingThePeopleOutHereInTheseStreets

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Waffles are, in fact, of European origin.

I stand corrected

Just now, Arcanite said:

5 star neutral Linde?

Are you kidding me?

You don't really need to use Nowi if you already have Linde of all people! You say "A blue ranged distant counter unit, I guess". To me, it sounds as if you're not even sure that Nowi fills a particular "hole" in your roster if you 5 star her.

I say save your feathers, unless you desperately need Michalis to be your ax user

so what am i gonna do with nowi LOL

Ok I'll save my feathers. I probably won't merge Catria yet... :P

9 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

You let her sit there and look pretty like she's been doing for a thousand years

1. You wait until you pull a Ninian and/or they add more (buff) dragon skills into the game for an epic dragon team.

2. You don't listen to me at all, realize that you are you, say "Screw Arcanite" and 5 star her anyway

3. Do nothing! She can always be useful for Grand hero battles!

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Go Mike. Macedonian pride!

^This is pure bias btw^

I actually need to 5 star my own Michalis XD

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

If I have a Soren with neutral Atk and -Res, would Iceberg or Draconic Aura be better for a Special?  I'm thinking of doing a Gronnraven TA build for him.  I might only have TA2, if that makes a difference.

@Ice Dragon @Arcanite @MaskedAmpharos @MrSmokestack

Draconic does more damage :P

EDIT: Just realized you said Gronnraven @Rezzy!

Gronnraven means he loses some might and Iceberg does more damage! Draconic does more with Rexcalibur!

Double edit: I pressed the wrong button on my calculator heh heh

Draconic does the same no matter what you choose so its always better.

Edited by Arcanite

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

If I have a Soren with neutral Atk and -Res, would Iceberg or Draconic Aura be better for a Special?  I'm thinking of doing a Gronnraven TA build for him.  I might only have TA2, if that makes a difference.

@Ice Dragon @Arcanite @MaskedAmpharos @MrSmokestack

44 Atk, 25 Res. Draconic Aura deals 13 damage. Iceberg deals 12 damage.

Just now, Arcanite said:

6 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

You let her sit there and look pretty like she's been doing for a thousand years

1. You wait until you pull a Ninian and/or they add more (buff) dragon skills into the game for an epic dragon team.

2. You don't listen to me at all, realize that you are you, say "Screw Arcanite" and 5 star her anyway

True..........................................................

I'll just wait for option 3 because I doubt I can ever get Ninian

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Draconic Aura only calculates based off of Atk before applying any calculations, so Triangle Adept wouldn't make a difference.

Gronnraven+, I assume? That would give Soren 44 Atk to his 25 Res. Draconic Aura thus outdamages Iceberg by one point--13 damage vs 12 damage, assuming there is no rounding up. Even if you have stock -Raven, take Draconic Aura anyway.

EDIT: Ninja'd but I like putting an explanation so w/e.

Edited by MrSmokestack

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

^This is pure bias btw^

I actually need to 5 star my own Michalis XD

Draconic does more damage :P

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

44 Atk, 25 Res. Draconic Aura deals 13 damage. Iceberg deals 12 damage.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Draconic Aura only calculates based off of Atk before applying any calculations.

Gronnraven+, I assume? That would give Soren 44 Atk to his 25 Res. Draconic Aura thus outdamages Iceberg by one point--13 damage vs 12 damage, assuming there is no rounding up. Even if you have stock -Raven, take Draconic Aura anyway.

Thanks, I figured that was the case, but wanted to run the numbers by others before committing the Skills.

Omikuji Super luck today is Xander. Got him twice in a row but ditched him for Alm (special portrait) 

Gold orbs just means that the pool of characters includes all colours. Nothing too special.

Edit: wrong thread. fml

Edited by Korath88

@Rezzy

Everyone has already said it but Draconic Aura is best. It also has the added bonus of getting even stronger when you've got triangle advantage.

Iceberg: 44 + (25/2) = 56

Draconic Aura: 44 x 1.3 = 57

Triangle Advantage Draconic Aura: 44 x 1.2 x 1.3 = 68, 44 x 1.35 x 1.3 = 77 if you're running TA2.

1 minute ago, Otorio said:

@Rezzy

Everyone has already said it but Draconic Aura is best. It also has the added bonus of getting even stronger when you've got triangle advantage.

Iceberg: 44 + (25/2) = 56

Draconic Aura: 44 x 1.3 = 57

Triangle Advantage Draconic Aura: 44 x 1.2 x 1.3 = 68, 44 x 1.35 x 1.3 = 77 if you're running TA2.

Thanks, I couldn't remember what step in the process the Atk x 0.3 was calculated.

7 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Nowi is great for walking at someone and taking them out on either the EP (QR/Vantage sets) or PP (-breaker sets). Linde is great for nuking the life out of someone on the PP, and getting danced/position-skill'ed out (or just attack from somewhere the other enemies can't reach). They're both magical and blue, sure, but they do fill different roles. There's nothing wrong with promoting her if you need a Nowi-type ally instead of a Linde-type ally (tbh I think most people prefer having a Linde-type ally, but that's down to play style). The only real caution I'd have is that Nowi kinda needs Triangle Adept if she's the only blue thing on your team, because otherwise Falchions will make her sad.

3 minutes ago, Otorio said:

@Rezzy

Draconic Aura's bonus damage increases as Atk increases, yes, but it's not affected by the weapon triangle.

@Rezzy

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Draconic Aura's bonus damage increases as Atk increases, yes, but it's not affected by the weapon triangle.

Oh wait, your Atk doesn't count as being raised by 20% during triangle advantage? So it uses your original Atk stat then?

My bad if so. Sorry for the misinformation!

Oh wait, your Atk doesn't count as being raised by 20% during triangle advantage? So it uses your original Atk stat then?

Pretty sure it's the Atk stat shown in the stat block.

Edited by Vaximillian

Yep. Effective damage and weapon triangle advantage/disadvantage don't count for Atk, just for damage.

1 minute ago, Otorio said:

It's fine. I didn't know it either until I saw a screenshot of Julia one-shotting a Palla from full (Ruby Sword) when she would have barely tickled her otherwise.

Adding to this, Glimmer / Astra add their damage multiplier after all calculations have been done already, which makes their output so poor compared to other skills.