"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Do leg units of the same element give bonuses to each other during that season?

Nope. Only units with blessings receive bonuses from Legendary Heroes, and Legendary Heroes cannot receive blessings.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Nope. Only units with blessings receive bonuses from Legendary Heroes, and Legendary Heroes cannot receive blessings.

Oh that's disappointing, I guess the devs don't want players free Fjorm and vIke to self buff themselves.

Is there merit to a HP bane over a bane in one of the defensive stats? Does that change if the unit has mixed bulk where Speed is not a dump stat? I've noticed that more people over at Reddit prefer a HP than a Def or Res bane and I can't help but disagree. 1HP = 1Def/Res when it comes to bulk so wouldn't it make more sense to take a bane in one of Def/Res if the unit wants to preserve their Speed? I understand if you're trying to get into a HP threshold to activate a skill like Desperation after recoil damage but other than that, what are the other benefits of taking a HP bane?

20 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Is there merit to a HP bane over a bane in one of the defensive stats? Does that change if the unit has mixed bulk where Speed is not a dump stat? I've noticed that more people over at Reddit prefer a HP than a Def or Res bane and I can't help but disagree. 1HP = 1Def/Res when it comes to bulk so wouldn't it make more sense to take a bane in one of Def/Res if the unit wants to preserve their Speed? I understand if you're trying to get into a HP threshold to activate a skill like Desperation after recoil damage but other than that, what are the other benefits of taking a HP bane?

HP is superior when you take exactly one hit over the entire fight because it acts like both Def and Res at the same time, this is true. However, HP becomes worse than Res/Def once you get hit multiple times. Doesn't matter if it's twice with a Brave weapon, or from getting doubled, or even if it's from separate attacks across multiple turns, so even if we're talking about the fastest unit in the game who never gets doubled, the logic still applies. If you get attacked twice, then you've prevented 2 damage per point of Def/Res, leaving you one point better off than having one extra HP.

It's an edge-case sure, but imagine for example you have 21HP. You get hit for 11 damage, twice. You die. Add one point of HP to this scenario. You still die. Add a point of defense instead, and you live with 1hp remaining.

As a secondary thing, you might also want to keep your Res intact to resist/apply Ploys I guess, but that means you're more vulnerable to Panic Ploy so I guess it's a wash. (Preserving Def on the other hand... I guess it'd theoretically help you double Myrrh? Still unlikely of course.)

Edited by Humanoid

5 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

hmm

thanks. LOL i guess i'm now defending in the arena then. lol sorry team!

There is always exactly one team set as your Arena defense team. I believe it defaults to your first team if you've never hit the button before.

@silveraura25 @XRay Thanks for the advice! I'm gonna keep her around for now, either until I really need Res tactic or she gets useful for Easter shenanigans.

I have another question. I just free pulled a +Spd -Res Zelgius off the BHB banner. Since he is basically BK except better, and I rarely use armour teams outside of specific quests, I thought I could fodder my OG BK off now. I originally gave him Steady Breath from a superfluous Brave Ike, so I could give that to another unit now. I have a Myrrh waiting to be built in my barracks and of course Zelgius himself would like Steady Breath a lot. However, BK is still very limited as a unit, and might still come in handy for certain challenges and AA (although I don't play that much). Thoughts?

hi just need some 2nd opinions but is it worth to merge micaiah? i have like 4 extra copies and I love micaiah as a character. Reason why I'm hesitant though is cause she has Distant def and drive atk for skill inheritance. But then I watched a phoenixmaster1 vid saying that those skills are not as premium anymore since there are seals for it. Any thoughts?

5 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Fliers can't have Steady Breath.

Aww damn. That really sucks. Guess I'll just transfer it over to my Zelgius then.

15 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

This reason beats everything else. Go for it.

Even as a F2P player? As much as I love her. I haven't used her in a while and I want to make sure my resources are well allocated

If she didn't have good SI skills I would have merged her in a heartbeat xD

30 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

hi just need some 2nd opinions but is it worth to merge micaiah? i have like 4 extra copies and I love micaiah as a character. Reason why I'm hesitant though is cause she has Distant def and drive atk for skill inheritance. But then I watched a phoenixmaster1 vid saying that those skills are not as premium anymore since there are seals for it. Any thoughts?

Merging is the best thing. Her skills aren't the best around fodder-wise, you'd gain more from merging her in the long run. If you keep playing, more Micaiahs will eventually turn up and you might have her at +10 sooner than you think.

4 minutes ago, Raven said:

Merging is the best thing. Her skills aren't the best around fodder-wise, you'd gain more from merging her in the long run. If you keep playing, more Micaiahs will eventually turn up and you might have her at +10 sooner than you think.

Ok Thanks! I will merge her then!

6 hours ago, Raven said:

unless you are me, and just suck at getting her lmao 

6 hours ago, ScarletSylph said:

Ok Thanks! I will merge her then!

that would have been my response :)

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

There is always exactly one team set as your Arena defense team. I believe it defaults to your first team if you've never hit the button before.

thanks much :)

13 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

From a Player Phase perspective, generally, -Def/Res is basically maximizing first round performance by dumping the bulk that is least useful to you. -HP is when you are willing to give up a little bit of your first round performance for easier access to Desperation.

For Spd tanks, I prefer dumping Def/Res since Spd tanks are not likely to be doubled; Spd tanks are more vulnerable to one shot nukes, so dumping only one bulk makes it a little harder for one shot nukes to kill your unit if they target the bulk that is not dumped.

So Book 3 is getting closer, do you think it comes with anything that might worth saving orbs for in advance?

Edited by Garlyle

2 hours ago, Garlyle said:

So Book 3 is getting closer, do you think it comes with anything that might worth saving orbs for in advance?

We didn't know LHBs would become a thing before book 2 so I dunno. You can save up your orbs if there's something big that might happen, but I'd advice on pulling on LHBs with good color(s) as you'll get the most value out of your orbs there

12 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

Just got my Clair up to LVL 40 and her atk is so bad but her speed is crazy. Any way to make her a good unit? some better weapon maybe?

The rhomphaia refined with Flashing Blade effect is her best weapon, especially with +Atk nature. Effective damage against knights and cavalry plus increased generation of special charges? Gimme.

So Fury + Desperation + Iceberg would work amazingly on her. Replace Fury with Swift Sparrow if you’ve got the fodder.

You can also build her for enemy phase mage countering with Distant Counter. She is basically blue Caeda, so LordFrigid’s analysis on Caeda would also apply fully to Clair (except the colour match-ups for obvious reasons).