"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

I'd like to get your opinion on a F!Alear build I found in Arena yesterday:

Liberation + GLR + A/S Finish + Buffer 4 + A/S Pledge + DC (M)

It's the GLR, Buffer + Pledge combo in particular that stands out to me. Do you think the +1 charge from Pledge is enough for GLR to be worthwhile? I'm hoping she's on the Engage HoF myself, but I was thinking of something more offensive based on Ice's recommendations a while back (e.g. No Quarter + Potent 4/ any Dodge 4 + Incite Atk/Spd). Thanks in advance!

P.S. I don't have Emblem Marth.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I'd like to get your opinion on a F!Alear build I found in Arena yesterday:

It's the GLR, Buffer + Pledge combo in particular that stands out to me. Do you think the +1 charge from Pledge is enough for GLR to be worthwhile? I'm hoping she's on the Engage HoF myself, but I was thinking of something more offensive based on Ice's recommendations a while back (e.g. No Quarter + Potent 4/ any Dodge 4 + Incite Atk/Spd). Thanks in advance!

P.S. I don't have Emblem Marth.

Yeah, that's a pretty standard build for Godlike Reflexes, and you can run it on pretty much any unit that has the Slaying effect. Whether you run No Quarter or Godlike Reflexes is honestly your choice based on your play style and what you want your unit to do. The usual considerations when there are multiple viable builds. Godlike Reflexes obviously gives you quite a bit more damage mitigation, whereas No Quarter deals more damage.

Alear, at the least, does have a better argument for focusing more heavily on player phase compared to other melee infantry due to Liberation granting Charge for more mobility, but that the same time, Godlike Reflexes appreciates initiating the first round of combat to charge it so that you don't have to run Pulse effects.

As for Godlike Reflexes builds:

Without Emblem Marth, you're looking at:

[weapon with the Slaying effect]
[Assist]
Godlike Reflexes
Atk/Spd Finish 4 / Atk/Spd Prime 4
Spurn 4 / Velocity 4 (once released) / Buffer 4
Atk/Spd Pledge
[any Sacred Seal that grants Atk/Spd] / Distant Counter (M) / Null Follow-Up 3

Spurn 4 grants more damage, whereas Velocity 4 allows the build to counter Guard. Buffer 4 is usable, but is weaker than the others since its Pulse effect can be provided by teammates or by simply taking the first round of combat on player phase, which should be pretty easy for Alear due to Liberation granting Charge.

With Emblem Marth, you're looking at:

[weapon with the Slaying effect]
[Assist]
Godlike Reflexes + Emblem Marth
Atk/Spd Finish 4 / Atk/Spd Prime 4
Velocity 4 (once released) / Spurn 4
Incite Atk/Spd / Atk/Spd Pledge / Atk/Spd Oath 4
[any Sacred Seal that grants Atk/Spd] / Distant Counter (M) / Null Follow-Up 3

Same deal comparing Velocity 4 with Spurn 4 as above. In this case you really just want to get a Pulse effect from a teammate or initiate the first round of combat instead of wasting a skill slot for it since 1 point of Special charge is a lot easier to get than 2.

Velocity 4 in this build should be run with Incite. Spurn 4 should be run with Pledge to counter Guard unless the weapon already has +1 Special charge rate, in which case it should be run with Incite.

Incite can be replaced with Oath 4 in any combination that uses it if you want teleportation in exchange for the extra stats on player phase.

Edited by Ice Dragon

27 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yeah, that's a pretty standard build for Godlike Reflexes, and you can run it on pretty much any unit that has the Slaying effect. Whether you run No Quarter or Godlike Reflexes is honestly your choice based on your play style and what you want your unit to do. The usual considerations when there are multiple viable builds. Godlike Reflexes obviously gives you quite a bit more damage mitigation, whereas No Quarter deals more damage.

Alear, at the least, does have a better argument for focusing more heavily on player phase compared to other melee infantry due to Liberation granting Charge for more mobility, but that the same time, Godlike Reflexes appreciates initiating the first round of combat to charge it so that you don't have to run Pulse effects.

Thanks as always Ice! Was my idea for a No Quarter kit worth building too?

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Thanks as always Ice! Was my idea for a No Quarter kit worth building too?

Yeah, go for it if that better suits how you want to use Alear.

13 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yeah, go for it if that better suits how you want to use Alear.

I'm not really sure which option suits her better, but you said the Charge makes her better for offensive builds, right?

Also, which is the better boon for F!Dimitri, Atk or Spd? I thought it was Spd at first but now I'm not sure which goes better with Atrocity. Thanks as always, everyone!

3 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I'm not really sure which option suits her better, but you said the Charge makes her better for offensive builds, right?

Charge is more unique and sets the Alears apart from other melee infantry, but at the same time, they gain a comically high amount of stats when staying near their teammates, which is harder to activate when running off like that.

No Quarter is probably more future-proof, though.

37 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Also, which is the better boon for F!Dimitri, Atk or Spd? I thought it was Spd at first but now I'm not sure which goes better with Atrocity.

Do you mean Legendary Dimitri? Fallen Dimitri has Murderous Lion, not Atrocity.

Atrocity's additional damage based on Atk adds exactly 1 more damage with an Atk Asset, so an Atk Asset gives 5 more damage, whereas a Spd Asset gives 3 more Spd. I'd lean towards Spd.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

No Quarter is probably more future-proof, though.

Thank you!

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Do you mean Legendary Dimitri? Fallen Dimitri has Murderous Lion, not Atrocity.

Atrocity's additional damage based on Atk adds exactly 1 more damage with an Atk Asset, so an Atk Asset gives 5 more damage, whereas a Spd Asset gives 3 more Spd. I'd lean towards Spd.

I actually did mean Fallen, I just forgot what his Prf skill was. My bad! I assume the same logic applies and +Spd is still better though?

15 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I actually did mean Fallen, I just forgot what his Prf skill was. My bad! I assume the same logic applies and +Spd is still better though?

A Spd Asset is usually preferred. The pseudo-Glimmer effect from his weapon should be an absolute last resort, and he should be prioritizing getting a follow-up first since, most of the time, a follow-up is better.

The only reason I can see for running an Atk Asset is if you've absolutely given up on landing a follow-up against faster opponents. There are a lot of other factors to consider with this route, though, as if you're aiming towards killing faster opponents, you're going to want some form of percentage damage reduction nullification, but there are very few sources of that outside of the B slot, so you'd likely lose out on Murderous Lion's Sweep effect. Even if you run No Quarter, Dimitri has no easy way of keeping it charged without significant support (or Special Spiral, which kind of defeats the purpose).

And if you were going to be getting rid of Murderous Lion anyways, you may as well just give him Potent 4, as Potent Follow 80% does more damage than his weapon's pseudo-Glimmer anyways.

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

A Spd Asset is usually preferred. The pseudo-Glimmer effect from his weapon should be an absolute last resort, and he should be prioritizing getting a follow-up first since, most of the time, a follow-up is better.

The only reason I can see for running an Atk Asset is if you've absolutely given up on landing a follow-up against faster opponents. There are a lot of other factors to consider with this route, though, as if you're aiming towards killing faster opponents, you're going to want some form of percentage damage reduction nullification, but there are very few sources of that outside of the B slot, so you'd likely lose out on Murderous Lion's Sweep effect. Even if you run No Quarter, Dimitri has no easy way of keeping it charged without significant support (or Special Spiral, which kind of defeats the purpose).

And if you were going to be getting rid of Murderous Lion anyways, you may as well just give him Potent 4, as Potent Follow 80% does more damage than his weapon's pseudo-Glimmer anyways.

Thank you very much! I'll just keep the +Spd one then. Thanks again!

This has been on my mind for a while. But I'm finally gonna address it here.

How do I improve my Ross?

Screenshot-20240227-211445.png

You know me, I was the Matthew guy. Well this is my max investment favorite of today. I use him for pretty much all content, but he's started to plateau, so I've been trying to figure out how to take him to the next level.

A skill I got from Ganglot when I inherited Arcane Downfall on him before he got his prf. It feels outdated. The +5 Res has definitely helped him out in a few spots when he tanks a magic unit but I doubt it serves him as much as other A skills would. I want him to be able to deal with ranged threats if he can help it which is why I'm not going for a finish skill. But I'm unsure how to proceed now that the DC seal is a thing. What would be some optimal routes for him to go? ATK/SPD Finish 4 with the DC Seal? or Maybe Fire or Earthflood Boost with the DC Seal so he can deny specials? I'm open to suggestions.

Gambit 4 is pretty much his best B skill with his prf. I'm not interested in building an Arcane Prima Ross and skills like Potent 4 and Spurn 4 seem wasted on him. Still if you have any ideas you're welcome to share.

C Skill is in dire need of a revamp. I have no idea what to put here. The +DEF he gets is welcome, but the ATK boost is made pointless by the Oath skill and the debuffs he applies are less useful since his partner is my +10 Ilyana who applies DEF/RES Ploy 3, making this skill almost useless. Time's Pulse 4 is useless because without Special Cooldown +1 he still can't charge Aether in one round of combat. ATK/SPD Oath 4 is an option but ATK Oath Echo takes away a lot of the value of that C skill, so he's in an awkward spot.

The Seal depends on his kit, so right now I just have stats in there.

The Echo skill is fine until a better one comes out. A Breath Echo would probably be his best. Then with TP he could charge Aether in one round of EP combat assuming there's no Guard on his foe.

Emblem Marth is useless for him sadly, the -1 Special Acceleration makes Gambit weaker and we can't have that.

So, suggestions?

4 hours ago, Zeo said:

How do I improve my Ross?

Swap out Distant Stance for Atk/Spd or Atk/Def Prime 4 if you still want to have Distant Counter in the A slot. You can get 2 stacks towards Prime 4 pretty easily with the C and X slots, so you only need team support for 2 more to activate Distant Counter.

If you don't mind giving up stats from your Sacred Seal slot for Distant Counter (M), you can give him the Atk/Spd or Atk/Def versions of Finish 4 or Boost 4 (if or when they exist). The Atk/Res version of any of the A skill options (including Prime 4; again, if or when they exist) can also work depending on your situation.

Ross's best C skill is currently Atk/Spd Pledge, which grants him +1 Special charge rate as a status effect, which grants 1 stack to Prime 4.

If you have Pledge in the C slot, you can afford to drop 1 stack of Gambit 4 by running an Emblem Marth Engage. Yes, you lose 5 damage per hit and 10% damage reduction, but you get a functional Aether (activating on the counterattack's Brave hit on enemy phase) to make up some of the lost damage and grant more passive HP regeneration.

For the X slot, if you're running Prime 4, you're ideally waiting for Def Oath Echo or Res Oath Echo. With any other A skill, you're probably waiting for Fierce Stance Echo.

Alternatively, you can give him Atk/Spd, Atk/Def, or Spd/Def Bulwark 4 (if or when they exist) in the B slot and run that with No Quarter + Emblem Marth.

On 2/28/2024 at 8:34 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Swap out Distant Stance for Atk/Spd or Atk/Def Prime 4 if you still want to have Distant Counter in the A slot. You can get 2 stacks towards Prime 4 pretty easily with the C and X slots, so you only need team support for 2 more to activate Distant Counter.

If you don't mind giving up stats from your Sacred Seal slot for Distant Counter (M), you can give him the Atk/Spd or Atk/Def versions of Finish 4 or Boost 4 (if or when they exist). The Atk/Res version of any of the A skill options (including Prime 4; again, if or when they exist) can also work depending on your situation.

Prime would work out, but I would need Pledge like you said and that isn't readily available at this point in time. It's true that it would free up the Seal slot however, so I will consider it depending on what's coming up. It doesn't feel like Finish is really for him, but Boost 4 could have value. I will wait to see what fodder becomes available when entering the new month.

Ross's best C skill is currently Atk/Spd Pledge, which grants him +1 Special charge rate as a status effect, which grants 1 stack to Prime 4.

If you have Pledge in the C slot, you can afford to drop 1 stack of Gambit 4 by running an Emblem Marth Engage. Yes, you lose 5 damage per hit and 10% damage reduction, but you get a functional Aether (activating on the counterattack's Brave hit on enemy phase) to make up some of the lost damage and grant more passive HP regeneration.

Losing the full Gambit effect is painful when you have so many units with DR that he can't cut through. But the instant Aether on retaliation does help with self sustain. That being said, I actually forgot I was trying to get Pledge fodder. But both Legendary M and F Alear will be available (likely F anyways if she beats Sanaki) so we'll see where that ends up. It's definitely his best C skill though. If I were to get that, I could potentially try him with Emblem Marth and see if it's worth the tradeoff. 

It's not so much the damage, but the loss of DR that really hurts him there.

For the X slot, if you're running Prime 4, you're ideally waiting for Def Oath Echo or Res Oath Echo. With any other A skill, you're probably waiting for Fierce Stance Echo.

Alternatively, you can give him Atk/Spd, Atk/Def, or Spd/Def Bulwark 4 (if or when they exist) in the B slot and run that with No Quarter + Emblem Marth.

If they were to come out with a Pledge Echo skill or a breath Echo skill I think that would be great honestly. I'd rather have ATK/DEF or ATK/SPD Oath 4 in the C slot and have cooldown acceleration in the X slot.

It would be really weird to go for a No Quarter build on him at this point. But either way, if I come into that fodder, it's probably going to be saved for another unit (Like Nonexistent Edward who for some reason still isn't in FEH even though we have 3-4 Micaiahs and Sothes.)

@Zeo

As long as Ross is still surviving the initial attack, at least some of the loss of one stack of Gambit 4 can be made up for with the damage and healing from Aether. This is also the reason why Finish 4 is being recommended for the A slot, as it grants an additional 7 HP recovery on the attack that activates Aether (and any attack after that).

Even without running Finish 4, I think it's still worth considering using Emblem Marth on him just to get a more consistent Aether.

This all does still require getting Pledge, though. Without Pledge (or some other source of +1 Special charge rate), you're definitely better off with 5 stacks of Gambit 4.

If you have Emblem Marth available and want to test out how well a 4-cooldown Aether performs defensively, see if you can find a teammate that can grant him +1 Special charge rate (Thorr, Duo Thorr, Legendary Hinoka, etc.) to simulate Pledge.

On 2/20/2024 at 9:57 AM, DefyingFates said:

Thanks! Having said that, given the game has gotten stingier with Orbs over time I assume the real value is around ~250 a month, so I'm still in trouble. I know luck doesn't exist but I really hope I get some in those upcoming banners...

In lighter news (I hope), I think Mauvier is the slow cavalier you advised I look out for before using R!Lif for fodder, right? I believe his best A and C skills are some combination of [Atk/Def Clash or Atk/Def Prime 4] and [Incite or Alarm Atk/Def] respectively, but I'm not sure if he's someone who wants Gambit or some other B skill, even something simple like A/D Near Trace. Does anyone have any suggestions, please?

According to this chart, the orb income for the current calendar "month" is about 321. We can also look for posts like this for previous posts for more data: for example, the Mar-April calendar last year covered about 311 orbs for the month.

At a glance at a number of others, it looks like the average is still 300+.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

According to this chart, the orb income for the current calendar "month" is about 321. We can also look for posts like this for previous posts for more data: for example, the Mar-April calendar last year covered about 311 orbs for the month.

At a glance at a number of others, it looks like the average is still 300+.

Ooh, perfect! Thank you so much for looking this up, Othin!!

Probably a dumb question to ask, but is Nudge+ (Shove) or Return+ (Reposition) the better movement healing assist? I want to give Scion Nanna and can't decide if I want to give her the latter with Dazzling Staff 3 (she has Poetic Justice atm) from Sara or get the August Manual from Divine Codes 4 for Nudge+ & Even Recovery.

Thanks as always, everyone!

12 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Probably a dumb question to ask, but is Nudge+ (Shove) or Return+ (Reposition) the better movement healing assist? I want to give Scion Nanna and can't decide if I want to give her the latter with Dazzling Staff 3 (she has Poetic Justice atm) from Sara or get the August Manual from Divine Codes 4 for Nudge+ & Even Recovery.

Typically most people seem to prefer reposition over shove, but ultimately it comes down to your own playstyle. If you have anything else in codes 4 you're considering picking up, I probably wouldn't spend codes for Nudge if I already had return fodder on hand.

8 minutes ago, Ether said:

If you have anything else in codes 4 you're considering picking up

Unfortunately everything there has been powercrept into dust. The only skill that really sticks out anymore is M!Shez's Atk/Spd Oath 4 for 4000 codes and I have enough codes to do that five times over xD

But considering I also prefer Reposition to other movement assists, I guess I should just opt for Return. Heck, maybe we'll get someone in the main pool with Dazzling Trace I could give her afterwards, I always wanted to have that skill. Thanks again, Ether! I hope your H!Mia is doing well!

Edited by DefyingFates

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I've used Nudge a lot on Elimine in Aether Raids and on Silque in my infantry monthly quest team. There are definitely times when I wish I had Return, but also times when Nudge has been perfect.

Given that it was a conscious choice to give Silque Nudge, there was a good reason to give her Nudge over other staff Assists. On an infantry-only team, it's very common that on your first turn in Training Tower maps, you'll end up putting your team in a square formation, which is not usually what you actually want since ranged enemies can attack over one of the lead units to hit Silque. Nudge allows you to push the adjacent lead unit 1 space away, putting Silque out of attack range. The main advantage of Nudge over Return here is that the usability of Nudge to get to the desired end position is not dependent on the starting positions of the team, which are not fixed in Training Tower, and are only dependent on if you can normally get your team into a square formation on the first turn.

It's also worth noting that my infantry monthly quest team consists entirely of dual-phase units (currently Sothis, Flame Lyn, and Legendary Female Alear), which is why this setup works with Silque. A team with weaker enemy-phase performance would certainly prefer Return to do standard hit-and-run strategies.

For flying units, like Fluffy Hat Nanna, it's probably better to run Return, at least for general use. Being able to Reposition an infantry or cavalry unit over impassible terrain is pretty useful and can't be done with Nudge, and Return is better-suited for the more typical hit-and-run playstyle.

25 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I've used Nudge a lot on Elimine in Aether Raids and on Silque in my infantry monthly quest team. There are definitely times when I wish I had Return, but also times when Nudge has been perfect.

It's also worth noting that my infantry monthly quest team consists entirely of dual-phase units (currently Sothis, Flame Lyn, and Legendary Female Alear), which is why this setup works with Silque. A team with weaker enemy-phase performance would certainly prefer Return to do standard hit-and-run strategies.

For flying units, like Fluffy Hat Nanna, it's probably better to run Return, at least for general use. Being able to Reposition an infantry or cavalry unit over impassible terrain is pretty useful and can't be done with Nudge, and Return is better-suited for the more typical hit-and-run playstyle.

Thank you very much, I appreciate the personal anecdote too! Another vote for Return + Dazzling Staff then!

9 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Question! Is Fem Shez a good candidate for Lucina's arcane axe? I'm wondering who I should give it to and she's the axe user I've had the most investment in. 

Comparing Thrima to Crimson War Axe:

Thrima:

-Special Acceleration

- Atk/Def -6 Spread Debuff

- Omni +5

- Penalty doubler

- Full Tempo

- Spd based NFU

- Spd refine available

War axe:

- Spd+3

- Atk/Spd+6

- Special charge +1

- First attack DR

So at a glance, Thrima has a lot more packed into it. Thrima offers a lot more in the way of raw bulk stats, frees you up from running NFU in B/S slots or support, and importantly gives you access to the slaying effect. Crimson war axe potentially offers slightly more Spd(+1 assuming spd refined Thrima, if you don't have a Spd debuff to double, alongside charge rate and pierceable DR. While War axe previously couldn't effectively run Vital Astra or Godlike Reflexes, Emblem marth patches this weakness(although emblem marth on Thrima also basically guarantees GLR looping, with either AS Pledge or charge rate support also making it incredibly easy to loop if you don't have Marth access when paired with it's inbuilt tempo)

Thrima is definitely an upgrade on Shez' prf, especially as DR piercing becomes more widespread, negating the main advantage of Crimson War Axe. As for whether Shez herself is a worthwhile use of the axe, i think so. There are currently no axe infantry with higher BST than her, although we could very well get one soon. Her statspread is competitive Spdwise with Effie and Fallen linus at -1 spd, but she loses a fair amount of Atk to those two in return for a hefty res lead. Fast mergeable axes in other movement types aren't in particularly high supply either. 

The main negative towards giving Shez Thrima is that her prf itself is still plenty usable in it's own right. Compared to someone like VEffie or the ninjas who doesn't have prfs but have comparable stat spreads, she would gain more benefit than Shez. Still, if you're invested in and want to improve Shez without much care for her comparable infantry then she'll see an appreciable boost from Thrima. And for what it's worth, AS Clash is a reasonable pickup, especially if you don't already have something like Finish on her already.

2 hours ago, Ether said:

Comparing Thrima to Crimson War Axe:

Thrima:

-Special Acceleration

- Atk/Def -6 Spread Debuff

- Omni +5

- Penalty doubler

- Full Tempo

- Spd based NFU

- Spd refine available

War axe:

- Spd+3

- Atk/Spd+6

- Special charge +1

- First attack DR

So at a glance, Thrima has a lot more packed into it. Thrima offers a lot more in the way of raw bulk stats, frees you up from running NFU in B/S slots or support, and importantly gives you access to the slaying effect. Crimson war axe potentially offers slightly more Spd(+1 assuming spd refined Thrima, if you don't have a Spd debuff to double, alongside charge rate and pierceable DR. While War axe previously couldn't effectively run Vital Astra or Godlike Reflexes, Emblem marth patches this weakness(although emblem marth on Thrima also basically guarantees GLR looping, with either AS Pledge or charge rate support also making it incredibly easy to loop if you don't have Marth access when paired with it's inbuilt tempo)

Thrima is definitely an upgrade on Shez' prf, especially as DR piercing becomes more widespread, negating the main advantage of Crimson War Axe. As for whether Shez herself is a worthwhile use of the axe, i think so. There are currently no axe infantry with higher BST than her, although we could very well get one soon. Her statspread is competitive Spdwise with Effie and Fallen linus at -1 spd, but she loses a fair amount of Atk to those two in return for a hefty res lead. Fast mergeable axes in other movement types aren't in particularly high supply either. 

The main negative towards giving Shez Thrima is that her prf itself is still plenty usable in it's own right. Compared to someone like VEffie or the ninjas who doesn't have prfs but have comparable stat spreads, she would gain more benefit than Shez. Still, if you're invested in and want to improve Shez without much care for her comparable infantry then she'll see an appreciable boost from Thrima. And for what it's worth, AS Clash is a reasonable pickup, especially if you don't already have something like Finish on her already.

Thanks! Guess I'll give Arcane Axe Shez a go then.

What are some skills that can be inherited by mages regardless of movement type? I want to give Nino and Caeda Arcane Thunder but only passing Def/Res Smoke and the weapon is a little wasteful. Looking over the list of A/B/C skills, there's the Remote/Boost tree for A, Occultist's Strike for B, and the Smoke/Menace/Ploy tree for C. Highly likely I missed a skill since I was going off of the restrictions on the top of my head. 

1 hour ago, Flying Shogi said:

What are some skills that can be inherited by mages regardless of movement type? I want to give Nino and Caeda Arcane Thunder but only passing Def/Res Smoke and the weapon is a little wasteful. Looking over the list of A/B/C skills, there's the Remote/Boost tree for A, Occultist's Strike for B, and the Smoke/Menace/Ploy tree for C. Highly likely I missed a skill since I was going off of the restrictions on the top of my head. 

I'll go through all of the options (that are worth duplicating) that can be passed from Reinhardt to other movement types:

• Special:
    • To infantry:
      • Ruptured Sky: While this is the only option available from Reinhardt, it has competition with Flare.
    • To armors and fliers:
      • Ruptured Sky
  • Passive A:
    • To infantry and armors:
      • Remote: For player-phase units.
      • Boost 4: For enemy-phase and dual-phase units.
      • Infantry have access to Finish 4 and Ideal 4, but Remote is typically better if the unit is player-phase and has no other defensive effects on other skill slots.
    • To fliers:
      • Flared: For player-phase units. Lacks any defensive effects, so you typically want a defensive effect on another skill slot.
      • Remote: For player-phase units. Less offensive than Flared, but has a defensive effect.
      • Boost 4: For enemy-phase and dual-phase units, which are very uncommon among tome fliers.
  • Passive B:
    • To infantry and armors:
      • Occultist's Strike: The highest-damaging option for this slot.
      • Brash Assault 4: Comes with a defensive effect, extra damage, and a guaranteed follow-up that can occasionally be useful against fast units if the opponent happens to not have the defensive half of Null Follow-Up. However, it grants no stats.
      • Desperation 4: Really good defensive effect and grants some Spd. Pairs pretty well with Arcane Thunder due to Arcane Thunder having +1 Special charge rate to make up for not gaining Special charge from a counterattack.
      • Escape Route 4: Escape Route 4 weaker offensively than other options for this slot, but grants teleportation and Canto.
      • Sabotage 4: Very strong, but only useful if the unit has a high Res stat. Note, however, that you're unlikely to run Still Water 4 on a unit with Arcane Thunder, so the unit will typically have to rely on their natural Res.
      • Infantry have a lot of competition in this slot, namely with Special Spiral 4 and Tempo 4. Lull 4 is technically an option here, but Arcane Thunder already nullifies stat bonuses to Spd/Res, so it loses a lot of its value.
      • Armors also have a lot of competition in this slot with the many Fighter skill options, even if you give them one of these skills, they probably won't use it often or at all.
    • To fliers:
      • Occultist's Strike: Same as above.
      • Far Trace 4: A bit less damage than Occultist's Strike, but grants Canto in return.
      • Brash Assault 4: Same as above.
      • Desperation 4: Same as above.
      • Escape Route 4: Same as above.
      • Sabotage 4: Same as above.
      • Unlike infantry and armors, fliers don't actually have any other alternatives for this slot, so you're going to want to transfer at least one of these skills.
  • Passive C :
    • To infantry:
      • Incite: The strongest option for this slot most of the time. Even with the huge competition for this slot, Incite is a strong option.
      • Smoke 4: Lacks immediate stat boosts of any kind, but the Def/Res version provides Pathfinder. The Atk version is pretty much useless with Arcane Thunder. The Spd version is only useful on dual-phase units.
      • Menace: A bit outdated, but not actually bad. Unlike the Smoke 4 skills, Menace actually grants immediate stat boosts.
      • Ploy 4: Very strong, but only useful if the unit has a high Res stat. Note, however, that you're unlikely to run Still Water 4 on a unit with Arcane Thunder, so the unit will typically have to rely on their natural Res.
      • Infantry have a lot of competition for this slot, namely with Oath 4, Pulse Up, Time's Pulse 4, and Infantry Pulse 4. Note that Pledge isn't useful in this slot because Arcane Thunder already has the same effect.
    • To armor and fliers:
      • Smoke 4: Same as above. Pathfinder is a bit less useful on fliers than it is for other unit types due to mobility effects being relatively common as support effects on other fliers. It's a bit more useful on mixed teams, though.
      • Menace: Same as above.
      • Ploy 4: Same as above.
      • Armors generally have way better options for this slot in the form of the Far Save skills and the mobility skills, so even if you transfer one of these, it probably won't see too much use.
      • Fliers have a lot of competition for this slot from Oath 4, Hold, and Deadly Miasma, so even if you transfer one of these, it probably won't see too much use unless it's Ploy 4 and the unit has a ton of Res naturally.
Edited by Ice Dragon