"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Would Draconic Aura or Moonbow be better for Homewrecker Cordelia?

Are you keeping her Cupid Bow? In any case I'd recommend Luna instead, since 3 CD and 2 CD proc in the same number of rounds of combat if you're using a Brave Bow, 2, and Luna gives a greater return in that situation. To match Luna's damage against 30 Def units, Draconic Aura needs to proc off of at least 50 Atk. -Atk Bridal Cordelia only hits 44 Atk without Death Blow or LaD for 50 or 49 Atk, respectively.

Edited by MrSmokestack

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Homewrecker?

Depends on the build you're running, but I'll say what everyone else says/knows:

Moonbow is good on everyone, but 3 turn skills seem to be better. Mostly since they kill more when they proc, while all moonbow does is proc faster. You can give everyone moonbow if you want, but I always go for 3 procs instead.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Brave, decently fast... I like the sound of Draconic Aura. If I remember correctly, Moonbow is a 2 charge (hit twice and you have it) while Draconic Aura is a 3 charge (hit three tims, and the fourth hit will activate).

...Depends on which sounds nicer.

Started an alt account on my phone a couple weeks ago and hit 20k feathers. Thinking of trying this build for +def-res donnel

A- Armored Blow B- Drag Back C- Threaten Atk Special- Bonfire

Any suggestions on improving the build? 

Also a side question, I have +atk chrom and a -atk Cain for brave sword+ fodder. Does chrom's superiority over Alfonse merit him  the brave sword or should I give it Alfonse to allow him be an arena staple?

Okay, so lesser of two evils: +Res, -HP Reinhardt or +HP, -Def Reinhardt? Both are 4* by the way.

I know he wants attack and... yeah, pretty much it. Still, not sure if he'd want better mixed bulk for lower HP or higher HP for less defense which he might not care for except for the fact that as a 4*, he doesn't have Dire Thunder, so he can't nuke stuff like he normally does which could pose a problem if he needs to take a physical hit for some reason. Blarblade can remedy this, but I already have Ursula running that, so it would be nicer to have Reinhardt do his own thing.

@TearingShadows

1. Death Blow and Threaten Def all the way. His base Def is pretty decent but his Atk is actually in a very good spot at base 35 neutral for serious Brave Lance usage, which becomes 49 for ORKO'ing anything with less than 69 bulk (if you'll excuse the meme), like +Def Takumi.

2. Alfombra should take it. He comes with innate Death Blow and Spur Atk which makes building him easier and much less of a strain on your resources, though Chrom does have a 5 Atk lead with his +Atk roll which does make him technically better. Even so, arena usage tips the comparison well into Alabama's favor, in my opinion.

9 hours ago, Chelone said:

decided to ~waste~ my last 50 orbs in hopes for cordelia... it gave me a 5* Azura (have her already, she was -spd, new one is +spd) so I'm going to merge.

a -atk Kagero (didnt have her yet)

a -speed Rebecca (new archer with a terrible nature!)

a +atk/-speed Gordin (is he any good to 5* or better to wait for a better archer someday?)

I think the question has already been answered in part, but anyway:

Your Gordin has a great nature at least. He has the same attack as +atk Klein, so by giving him death blow and a breaker skill he can perform quite well as a nuke. Takumi and Jeorge can only get one more point of attack, so only B!Cordelia can run this a lot better (4 more points of attack if she's +atk, 1 more with neutral atk). The main thing that makes the other archers better is that they can run a quad hit built with Life and Death and desperation, something Gordin won't be able to do with his poor speed.

So in the end: if you want an archer who can kill flyers, squishies and almost all units of a certain weapon type, Gordin will do that well enough. If you want a life and death build who can quad hit a lot of enemies, wait for a better archer. Of course, B!Cordelia can run pretty much any offensive archer set better then any other archer, so if you're still trying for her, you might want to wait with building up Gordin for a bit.

So i have multiple duplicate 3 star Ests that I need to clear the barracks from.

i'm probably not gonna upgrade any Ests to 4 stars, so would it be better to merge them to my best natured Est or just send them home for feathers (even if it's not a substantial amount for a 3 star).

No one is probably going to need Shove and already have Virions to clear if I need Seal Speed. Just wanted to know if a +2 or even +3 Est that is 3 star is worth it. (Watch me get a 4 star Est next to troll me if I do and me wishing I just sent them home).

Actually how many merges is needed for a 3 star to be equivalent to 4 star?

have the same problem with Oboros but at least Rally Defense can be a useful skill. Still too many 3 stars of her though, even if I love her (at least I have a 4 star to train)

5 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I think the question has already been answered in part, but anyway:

Your Gordin has a great nature at least. He has the same attack as +atk Klein, so by giving him death blow and a breaker skill he can perform quite well as a nuke. Takumi and Jeorge can only get one more point of attack, so only B!Cordelia can run this a lot better (4 more points of attack if she's +atk, 1 more with neutral atk). The main thing that makes the other archers better is that they can run a quad hit built with Life and Death and desperation, something Gordin won't be able to do with his poor speed.

So in the end: if you want an archer who can kill flyers, squishies and almost all units of a certain weapon type, Gordin will do that well enough. If you want a life and death build who can quad hit a lot of enemies, wait for a better archer. Of course, B!Cordelia can run pretty much any offensive archer set better then any other archer, so if you're still trying for her, you might want to wait with building up Gordin for a bit.

might give it another go but I'm not sure. I dont think i need another nuker/quad build (using both Rein and Nino) i'm just worried I will need a archer someday. 

Might just go ahead and level gordin for now. made him 4* already and now I only have 7 feathers left...haha. If I still get a cordelia or somethint better at least I'm closer to brave bow+

Thanks for the SI advice though! ^^

6 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

So i have multiple duplicate 3 star Ests that I need to clear the barracks from.

i'm probably not gonna upgrade any Ests to 4 stars, so would it be better to merge them to my best natured Est or just send them home for feathers (even if it's not a substantial amount for a 3 star).

No one is probably going to need Shove and already have Virions to clear if I need Seal Speed. Just wanted to know if a +2 or even +3 Est that is 3 star is worth it. (Watch me get a 4 star Est next to troll me if I do and me wishing I just sent them home).

Actually how many merges is needed for a 3 star to be equivalent to 4 star?

have the same problem with Oboros but at least Rally Defense can be a useful skill. Still too many 3 stars of her though, even if I love her (at least I have a 4 star to train)

Est actually isn't that bad - as a unit.  Her default skill set blows, though.  I copy-pasted Florina's skills onto Est, and it's much more effective.

So, if you really want Super Est, merge 'em all, then promote her once her feather cost is down to something reasonable.  Or, you can keep her as a 3*, since she really hates her default skill set.

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Est actually isn't that bad - as a unit.  Her default skill set blows, though.  I copy-pasted Florina's skills onto Est, and it's much more effective.

Est is also good with a brave lance: her Atk is relatively high and Spd relatively low.

Alright, so I want to ask what's better on Lon'qu: +Att/-Def or +Spd/-HP? I've got both knocking about but using one of them for Vantage 3 is just so tempting.

(Also, while I'm here, what are good B skills for Alfonse and Sharena and good A skills for Anna? Just wanting to ask so I can keep an eye out)

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

(Also, while I'm here, what are good B skills for Alfonse and Sharena and good A skills for Anna? Just wanting to ask so I can keep an eye out)

I gave Sharena Swordbreaker and it works great.

I have a red mage problem--as in, I only draw the lame red mages. Since I don't know when or if I'll draw one of the good ones, I want to make one of my lame ones viable.

I've got a

-- 4⭐️ neutral Sophia

-- 4⭐️ -HP/+ATK Raigh

-- 4⭐️ -HP/+ATK Henry

Is there a pretty cheap (because I'm not going to sink my best fodder troops into a hero I'll set aside as soon as possible) way to make any one of these not-so-painful to use?

I got 2 questions (for two different projects.)

The first is for my Azura which is sadly -atk. I read that when you fuze same characters you transfer over all the skills. So If I were to fuze her into another Azura later will all her SI'd skills transfer or will I have to pick 3? (Also does SP earned and unspend transfer over?)

The second question is wether you get +1 level if you merge to a lower rarity. Aka would my level 40 1* Felicia become a level 40+1 if I fuze a 3* into her? (This question is for meme purposes.)

6 minutes ago, Personette said:

I have a red mage problem--as in, I only draw the lame red mages. Since I don't know when or if I'll draw one of the good ones, I want to make one of my lame ones viable.

I've got a

-- 4⭐️ neutral Sophia

-- 4⭐️ -HP/+ATK Raigh

-- 4⭐️ -HP/+ATK Henry

Is there a pretty cheap (because I'm not going to sink my best fodder troops into a hero I'll set aside as soon as possible) way to make any one of these not-so-painful to use?

You are best off with a 1-hit meh magic attack style here. So no skills that benefit from any +speed. Ironically with -3 mt weapon and -1 base atk Raigh with a +atk nature will have only 1 less damage output then Sophia with much better speed and worse bulk. He'll also be effective vs Cavalry which can be a good thing (even if most cavalry you'll face will be very blue)

I'dd say pick him and use him as chipping damage/magic nuke. It'll be a poor man's Lilina/Sanaki though.

26 minutes ago, Personette said:

I've got a

-- 4⭐️ neutral Sophia

-- 4⭐️ -HP/+ATK Raigh

-- 4⭐️ -HP/+ATK Henry

Have Sophia eat Henry for Raudhrraven and G Tomebreaker. Then slap on Triangle Adept 2 or 3 and watch her give zero fucks about anything green. The build requires dancer support to actually kill anything that isn't a green tome, though, since she can't double anything without a Weaponbreaker.

For a more offensively oriented build, you can use Swordbreaker instead.

31 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

I got 2 questions (for two different projects.)

The first is for my Azura which is sadly -atk. I read that when you fuze same characters you transfer over all the skills. So If I were to fuze her into another Azura later will all her SI'd skills transfer or will I have to pick 3? (Also does SP earned and unspend transfer over?)

The second question is wether you get +1 level if you merge to a lower rarity. Aka would my level 40 1* Felicia become a level 40+1 if I fuze a 3* into her? (This question is for meme purposes.)

1. All skills is all skills. If the skill is already learned, it will be learned. If the skill is not learned, it will be not learned. SP does not transfer.
  2. No.

Thanks. And like that Wings of Mercy and Hone attack are on my Azura with no worries.

Pitty I cannot have a level 40+10 1* hero. Memes will be dreams.

EDIT: Maybe I'm daft but when I just went to check it seemed like it works just fine. THe first Wrys is 1* and the second is 2* It even says so in the red letters it will work.

njcBHpt.png

Edited by Silith13

6 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

Thanks. And like that Wings of Mercy and Hone attack are on my Azura with no worries.

EDIT: Maybe I'm daft but when I just went to check it seemed like it works just fine. THe first Wrys is 1* and the second is 2* It even says so in the red letters it will work.

njcBHpt.png

Yes, that does work. I think @Ice Dragon got confused and thought you meant the other way around (merging a lower star into a higher star).

23 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

Oh, you meant the other way around. Yes, you can do that.

Does anyone have any ideas on what B skill to use for a Brave Sword Alfonse build? I see Sword Breaker is recommended but it only gives him an additional 6 kills on the battle calculator, but I'm not sure what else he could use. This was actually inaccurate, the calculator messed up his stats when I was inputting his build.

Edited by Zelgius

3 hours ago, Zelgius said:

Does anyone have any ideas on what B skill to use for a Brave Sword Alfonse build? I see Sword Breaker is recommended but it only gives him an additional 6 kills on the battle calculator, but I'm not sure what else he could use. This was actually inaccurate, the calculator messed up his stats when I was inputting his build.

Swordbreaker is generally the favored choice, but if you don't want to use that then I would suggest giving him more mobility with either Wings of Mercy or Drag Back.

Wings of Mercy lets you teleport across the map to smack someone in the face.

Drag Back allows you to retreat to safety after killing an enemy (or drag an enemy you couldn't kill back to the rest of your team). 

I personally like Drag Back more, but they're both solid options. 

Does 

BRAVE Bow+

ARDENT Sacrifice

Luna

FURY 3

DESPERATION 3

Sound like a decent build for Wannabe Bride Cordelia?

What about...

Firesweep Bow+ / Rally Atk+Spd / Moonbow

Death Blow 3/Darting Blow 3/Life and Death

Escape Route

Threaten Spd

Basically a safer but weaker version of Brave Bow LaD Desperation. She's never getting attacked and depending on the A skill, she'll probably kill on the first go round.