Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

25 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@Rezzy, thirty-something? They should have had enough SP for sure.

It looks like the first rung is 60 SP.  I'm not sure if they expect Effie to be doubling anybody or something.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So my previous score of 4307 was just about to get kicked out of top 30k earlier today(mid 29000s) but my new run at 4380 bumped me up to 20678, nearly a 10000 rank difference. 

Finally managed deathless 7-streak --- finally got the hang of catria, though lava map with robin or linde around still fucks my shit up. 4382 should keep me in the top 30k, which is what im targeting as far as feather count goes.

7 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Finally managed deathless 7-streak --- finally got the hang of catria, though lava map with robin or linde around still fucks my shit up. 4382 should keep me in the top 30k, which is what im targeting as far as feather count goes.

Linde is brutal, especially on the lava map. I had a deathless streak going until I encountered a Linde+Azura team there today, put my attention away from them for just a bit too long and suddenly ended up trapped and having to let her kill Merric.

Just now, Othin said:

Linde is brutal, especially on the lava map. I had a deathless streak going until I encountered a Linde+Azura team there today, put my attention away from them for just a bit too long and suddenly ended up trapped and having to let her kill Merric.

I just can't wait until next season and hope they put Nino in as a bonus hero where she can just go and oneshot Linde. She wrecks my current team so hard if I don't have the terrain space to set up a close up smack before shooting her.

16 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

I'm curious actually. With a score of 4380 I'm at rank 20,757 as of the hour changing. How much of a difference does the two offense points make in terms of rank?

Just now, Ether said:

I'm curious actually. With a score of 4380 I'm at rank 20,757 as of the hour changing. How much of a difference does the two offense points make in terms of rank?

I have 20,536, evidently.

2 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

I have 20,536, evidently.

Hmm, interesting. I wonder whether everyone with the same score is lumped into a single rank bucket(ala if the top 5 in the world had 5000, 4999, 4998, 4998, and 4997 points, would they be ranked 1,2,3,3,5 or 1,2,3,4,5 using some metric to place one over the others)

2 minutes ago, Ether said:

Hmm, interesting. I wonder whether everyone with the same score is lumped into a single rank bucket(ala if the top 5 in the world had 5000, 4999, 4998, 4998, and 4997 points, would they be ranked 1,2,3,3,5 or 1,2,3,4,5 using some metric to place one over the others)

Maybe they go by Defense Score, but I guess the only way to know for sure, would be if two people here got the same score.  Mine is 4524, incidentally, if anyone else got that and wants to test my hypothesis.

Defense score has nothing to do with your ranking so it's more than likely not that. I've played games where multiple people have the same high score and basically what happens is they go by date. Whoever sets it first is out ranked by the person who sets it next, or whoever sets it next is automatically put right under the person who set it first. It's not that it really matters that much anyway since everyone's getting the same amount of feathers. Like my mom says, it's just better to leave well enough alone.

10 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Score of 4490:

• Ground Zero (1PM PST Mar 4) - #8030
  • 25 Hours Later - #9033

Ugh, so unless people really slack off over the next 25 hours, I'll probably end up at #10 100 or something stupid like that.

Damn, top 10k is getting real competitive now. Seems you need 4500+ to be safe.

Still sitting on my score of 4,444 with 14 hours left, currently rank 14,051. I think I will be safe enough to stay in the top 20,000, at least.

1 hour ago, pianime94 said:

Yeah basically :/ 

Also while we're at it, I'm currently sitting at rank 2371 with 4564 points. Hopefully I'll be able to stay within top 5k for the remainder of the season... Still paranoid after starting off last season at 9k and dropping down all the way to like 15k by the end :/

My newest highest score ever, 3912:

B5XyfK8.png

UDOjfQM.png

This places me at 83k. At least this will compensate the 500 feathers I'll never get this week beacuse of nobody losing to my girls on defence :(

11 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

My newest highest score ever, 3912:

Reveal hidden contents

B5XyfK8.png

Reveal hidden contents

UDOjfQM.png

This places me at 83k. At least this will compensate the 500 feathers I'll never get this week beacuse of nobody losing to my girls on defence :(

yeah this week's defence has been weird...usually I get 3-5 guys losing to my team. This time only once.

4270 points earns me rank 36669 currenty, with 10 hours left. Looks like I'm dropping out of top 30000 for the first time in few weeks (last time I didn't make it was the first season).

I really need to invest in some better stat totals I think, Olivia and Kagero are pretty low on that front. I was going to call Narcian's stats low too but turns out he has the fourth highest total out of all my units

Stats for this arena week. This is my best from a deathless streak. Offense 4228 Score, Defense score of 267, with a rank 42,613.  Which isn't bad consider my team was a level 40 5* Lucina, Robin M, and Takumi with a handicap... special guest star level 25 2* Narcian.

I would have done way better if I had access to higher star bonus character but only had 2* Narcian and I refuse waster feathers on him.

6 hours ago, pianime94 said:

Offense 4524 gives me Rank 6144 today.  That's with zero deaths.  I actually got a higher Offense than I did when I placed in the top 5K previously.

5 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Yeah basically :/ 

Also while we're at it, I'm currently sitting at rank 2371 with 4564 points. Hopefully I'll be able to stay within top 5k for the remainder of the season... Still paranoid after starting off last season at 9k and dropping down all the way to like 15k by the end :/

What a difference 40 points makes.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Offense 4524 gives me Rank 6144 today.  That's with zero deaths.  I actually got a higher Offense than I did when I placed in the top 5K previously.

What a difference 40 points makes.

4510 placed me at 7753 right now. Fierce indeed.

I'll better off aiming for top 30k starting next season, considering I'll probably have to switch Julia with Fem Robin for the bonus.

Score of 4490:

• Ground Zero (1PM PST Mar 4) - #8030
  • 25 Hours Later - #9033
  • 45 Hours Later - #10 009

Adding another node earlier than I normally would because it's a milestone of dropping out of the top 10k. Unlike last week, people are going psycho pushing their scores. Knew it was too good to be true.

Sad thing is that I almost improved my score mostly on free swords last night. I was more of less on track to bump up to 4500 or just below it. Then a +Spd Linde (one of the few things of significant power that can double Sharena) happened. Once I realized there was no way of getting out of that deathless (it was the lava map and Takumi was body blocking Sharena from getting to Linde in one turn), I ended up throwing Seliph and Olivia under the bus to ensure I still won the match, because that kind of scum deserves nothing.

6b8b6e4e2e.png

Sitting on this thanks to three people I can't pronounce, so this was a nice surprise 1 hour before the season ended!

My "Rank" is currently 29,696 w/ 4,328 as my Offense rank....I hope 305 people don't end up beating my score in the next hour anxiously holds on for those 500 extra feathers