Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally reached a score of 4800. Used a team of Julia, Ike, Xander, and Reinhardt. I usually bring a dancer with me, and it's been tough adjusting to a run without one. 

God dammit Navarre, why couldn't you have been like Zephiel. Dude does work even @ 4* vs 5* multiple merge douchebags. This guy knows exactly how to Min-Max. (He beat a Bonfire Sheena with Distant Counter to death because he's Zephiel and Sheena isn't---the rest of my team was Cordelia (lol vs. Sheena), Azura (lol vs. Sheena), and Klein (lol vs. DC Sheena).)

Edited by DehNutCase

Reached a score of 4613 with a team of Reinhard, Nino, Ike and Sharena. Currently ranked 7000ish, but I'm sure I'll need a deathless run if I want to end above the 10k.

I continued after some deaths to get a better grasp of my team, as both Reinhard and Ike are new additions. The combination of Reinhard and Nino has been working quite well for me, as Rein can kill almost anything after Nino's hone attack, and draw back is great for getting him to safety. I think I won several matches with just those two.

Spoiler

I feel like a dick whenever I get defense wins like this. I mean, how does a 4* team even get matched with mine : /

(It's still a defense win, though, cheers for 500 feathers.)

Edited by DehNutCase

So no trained bonus units for this arena season, but I am getting defence wins again. I got a score of 288 using a double blue set-up of Catria and Reinhardt, as well as the two usual frontliners of Ryoma and Hector.

Might train up Zephy and run him alongside Hector for Goad Armour. 

Edited by Luchi

7 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Hey that's almost exactly my defense team :D

I run Ninian over Azura and Julia over Camilla though (and currently Ike over Ryoma but solely bc I want Ike as my rep), but otherwise it's the same. 

I do have Julia, but I decided I wanted the flying terror for maximum carnage :D

And Ryoma because I prefer him to Ike lol. Might try Xander when he's up to 5*. His art isn't as good, but I adore his character more (from his supports rather than story actions. Xander supports are the best <3 ).

It just depends on who will do better. I'm not sure yet. I've put a lot into Ryoma :) But Xander can boost Reinhardt... If the ai knows what it's doing xD

2 hours ago, DehNutCase said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I feel like a dick whenever I get defense wins like this. I mean, how does a 4* team even get matched with mine : /

I think the heroes that display are based on their lead team, and not necessarily the team they challenged you with. A lot of people don't know how their Arena Defense team is set, after all. Either that, or a lot of people run 4* baits at the front of their teams.

That being said, I feel like a dick every season with my Defense team. :unsure: One day into this season and I already have 9 successful defenses. I've never had a season where it didn't cap out at 10, so I imagine I crush a lot of peoples' dreams with my "Who the hell runs this on Defense" Squad. And it's not like I need more than one successful Defense per season... Maybe I should unequip their weapons after my first Defense.

MkkejBE.png

Just logged my run for this week: 4794, no deaths. Hana had no trouble at all subbing in for Lucina, deleting things left and right without ever taking a hit. Also got to replace Sharena with Buffraim for +14 Atk to Nino, which was nice for nabbing some niche OHKO, especially with Hana's Spur Atk. Rank still needs to update, and I don't have any defense wins yet.

Units

Spoiler

Hana +Atk -Spd, Brave Sword / LaD / Swordbreaker / Spur Atk / Reposition / Luna

Ephraim +Def - HP Siegmund / Atk +3 / Lancebreaker 2 / Hone Spd / Rally Defense / Moobow

Nino +Spd -Def Gronnblade+ / Fury / Wings of Mercy 1 / Hone Atk / Draw Back / Moonbow

Effie +Def -Spd Silver Lance+ / Death Blow / Wary Fighter / Threaten Def / Pivot / Bonfire

Okay Hana does work when you can give her the right unit to destroy

It's very satisfying to see Hana destroy enemy Hectors.

Also, I've added Brave Sword and Spur Attack on my second account's Hana- Brave Sword is so satisfying. I did lose my streak though because a Fury Xander proc'd Bonfire against Reinhardt thanks to an enemy Olivia.

2 hours ago, Razputin13 said:

I think the heroes that display are based on their lead team, and not necessarily the team they challenged you with. A lot of people don't know how their Arena Defense team is set, after all. Either that, or a lot of people run 4* baits at the front of their teams.

That being said, I feel like a dick every season with my Defense team. :unsure: One day into this season and I already have 9 successful defenses. I've never had a season where it didn't cap out at 10, so I imagine I crush a lot of peoples' dreams with my "Who the hell runs this on Defense" Squad. And it's not like I need more than one successful Defense per season... Maybe I should unequip their weapons after my first Defense.

MkkejBE.png

Lol with this team y got to much defenses i cant do 1 per week... 

Got nino Gordin Lilina Ninian Azura.... Dont understan the match makin

Just now, ignis_z said:

How is posible you win 4800 points in Coliseum without a Hero of the week? I cant reach more than 4100...

It's not. If I didn't have Hana as my bonus unit I'd be sitting at around 2,397, give or take. Having everyone at 5* 40 with all skill slots filled in, along with merges, improves your score too.

1 minute ago, ignis_z said:

How is posible you win 4800 points in Coliseum without a Hero of the week? I cant reach more than 4100...

Deathless Run, Full 5* squad, and having your entire squad having their entire skillslot filled i guess

10 minutes ago, CorruptedChrome said:

Is 4600 score enough to keep me ranked the rest of the season? 

Pretty sure it will, although it will probably drop below 30k near the end of the week from my experience.

6 hours ago, DehNutCase said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It shows their left most leader (ie: defense team), not the leader of the team you beat.  They might be doing something similar to you and using a lower star leader for defense.

1 minute ago, Korath88 said:

Ranks are dropping surprisingly quickly this season. 4,790 is already past the 2k mark. Already have a defense victory worth 290 points so I should be set.

I can't say I'm a more than a little peeved at the 5k cutoff constantly going up every week. Unless I get Ephraim and Nino's B's maxed, I'm not expecting to do any better even if I started burning crests for high rating teams. No merges is problematic too.

As long as my 4,760+ is enough for top 10k, I'll be fine.

4,762 right now. Sharena / Lilina / Catria / Soren gives me less points than Sharena / Lilina / Catria / Michalis.

And of course I've no defence wins. Can Soren / Reinhardt / Sharena / Ninian work well enough?

24 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

4,762 right now. Sharena / Lilina / Catria / Soren gives me less points than Sharena / Lilina / Catria / Michalis.

And of course I've no defence wins. Can Soren / Reinhardt / Sharena / Ninian work well enough?

Reinhardt and Ninian are solid choices for a defense team.

Not so sure about Soren tbh, especially since I know yours doesn't have much skill inheritance on him. 

You could probably replace him with Lilina? Rein already basically covers all non-greens anyways, so having Lilina for greens would serve you better than Soren would. Plus there's no need to have a bonus hero for your defense team anyways. 

Also Lilina's a cute

30 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Don't forget to mind the positioning and unit turn order. (Units without assists always go before units with assists, and melees go before ranged (assist trumps range, however)). The FEheroes wiki has a nice page on maps and starting positions, so use that to keep your dancer and most threatening unit together.