Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

5 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

I mean... 500,000,000 isn't that small of a gap, and the earlier bonuses encouraged burning flags, so it won't be easy to catch up. I think it's easier to catch up earlier on due to the smaller gap. For example, it's much easier to catch up with, say, a 50,000 point gap than a 500,000,000 gap... Not to discourage anyone. :unsure:

On the other hand, it's merely a 10% gap. Either way, Linde easily closed the gap.

I am hoping people aren't burning flags that quickly and realising the multiplier by itself is enough to catch up.

So far, it's 5.063 mil versus 5.204 mil.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Jedrus Lilac said:

How is team sanaki doing? Hope she will manage to win. If linde fails I will probably join her

Julia: 1,991 million
Sanaki: 1,903 million

90 million difference, almost nothing.

As of now Team Sanaki is 1,903,010,214 vs. Julia's 1,991,080,811

I really need the feathers from this gauntlet so I'm not sure what the best strategy is. I mean obviously using flags when losing, but I'm wondering if saving all of them in the final round is better, despite my meh ranking in the team right now.

Edited by mcsilas

44 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Kagero has been pretty useful for infantry deletion, though having a Hone Cavalry unit is always welcome (as I'm also using Leo as a main for my own battles) I'm not sure if Elise will be as useful because lolstaves.  

And yeah I figured many would be using Cavalry on Team Leo, since Hone Cavalry is a very good skill that directly supports him well.  She also has Draw Back which pairs extremely well with Leo's personal tome, in the event that Leo hasn't taken a Tharja (as mine hasn't because I've not once pulled her).

Wraithfull Staff will soon be mine and all my enemies will tremble before my Hone Calvary Elise. 

Your Cecilia is actual remarkably close to mine for the same reason, abusing Draw back with Leo is just funny. I can put her up if you like but I figure most people would prefer a colorless leader due to their rarity.

Spoiler

File_000.png

7 minutes ago, Jedrus Lilac said:

How is team sanaki doing? Hope she will manage to win. If linde fails I will probably join her

Currently 1,903,010,214 vs 1,991,080,811 in Julia's favour, without us getting the multiplier. I predict we will get the multiplier in a few hours, which will allow us to close the gap again. This will leave Julia with enough time to catch up again though, so the real question is whether we will get the multiplier again after that. It's gonna be a close one it seems.

12 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

As of now Team Sanaki is 1,903,010,214 vs. Julia's 1,991,080,811

I really need the feathers from this gauntlet so I'm not sure what the best strategy is. I mean obviously using flags when losing, but I'm wondering if saving all of them in the final round is better, despite my meh ranking in the team right now.

This gauntlet has destroyed the strategy I used in the last banner. It is much better now, though.

Imo they should add more quests for flags. And more difficult ones! And they should provide more duelling crests, I almost ran out of them and was struggling wether I should use up my last ones.

What's the score between Team Robin and Team Merric?

49 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

What is your rank right now in Team Sanaki?

A score of about 260,000 is good for the top 1000 reward bracket (highest one). I'm rank 687 with a score of 271,920 and I have 700 flags left. 

44 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Currently 1,903,010,214 vs 1,991,080,811 in Julia's favour, without us getting the multiplier. I predict we will get the multiplier in a few hours, which will allow us to close the gap again. This will leave Julia with enough time to catch up again though, so the real question is whether we will get the multiplier again after that. It's gonna be a close one it seems.

It is now, 1.947 billion to 2.052 billion. For the past two updates, Sanaki has gotten ~40mil and Julia has gotten ~60mil. At that rate, Sanaki should get the 3x bonus with 4 or less hours remaining. We might just have a chance to bullshit a win out of this.

Edited by Hawk King

Leo vs Henry:

Leo 1,411,532,132

Henry 1,248,477,871

Henry has the multiplier

21 minutes ago, Locke087 said:

Wraithfull Staff will soon be mine and all my enemies will tremble before my Hone Calvary Elise. 

Your Cecilia is actual remarkably close to mine for the same reason, abusing Draw back with Leo is just funny. I can put her up if you like but I figure most people would prefer a colorless leader due to their rarity.

Reveal hidden contents

File_000.png

Eh, Fortify isn't nearly as useful as Hone, because Leo is always kiting and avoiding being attacked.  I'd say stick with Kagero/Sharena.

@Hawk King My rank os 26,965 at the moment, lost a few battles in a row because of all red matchups as teammates for a while.

Score is 5720 for now, I've used a bit over 200 flags for now, I'm kind of saving the flags for the final round when they usually had more feathers for rewards

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

@Hawk King My rank os 26,965 at the moment, lost a few battles in a row because of all red matchups as teammates for a while.

Score is 5720 for now, I've used a bit over 200 flags for now, I'm kind of saving the flags for the final round when they usually had more feathers for rewards

200 flags gets you 66,000 points with the bonus, 22,000 without. If you used 200 flags there is no way your score is that low.

Like I said, you can get the top reward and still save 700 flags. There is only 1 more chance for the bonus now though, but if you use 400 flags during the bonus you should hit the top 5000 which earns 2,100 feathers.

The top rewards for the final round are only 1000 feathers higher than round 1 and 2. You will always get more feathers by getting the top rewards for round 1 and 2 and then getting as high as possible for the final round. And with as many flags as we are going to be able to save, I fully expect to get the top reward for all 3 rounds.

Besides, there is a very real chance that there won't be enough 3x bonus opportunities in the final round to maximize your score. I have spent as many flags as possible with the bonus, and I still have 700 left. I'm not even trying to save any, I just haven't had enough 3x opportunities.

All in all, I should walk away with 10,000+ feathers for this gauntlet.

7 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

200 flags gets you 66,000 points with the bonus, 22,000 without. If you used 200 flags there is no way your score is that low.

Like I said, you can get the top reward and still save 700 flags. There is only 1 more chance for the bonus now though, but if you use 400 flags during the bonus you should hit the top 5000 which earns 2,100 feathers.

The top rewards for the final round are only 1000 feathers higher than round 1 and 2. You will always get more feathers by getting the top rewards for round 1 and 2 and then getting as high as possible for the final round. And with as many flags as we are going to be able to save, I fully expect to get the top reward for all 3 rounds.

Besides, there is a very real chance that there won't be enough 3x bonus opportunities in the final round to maximize your score. I have spent as many flags as possible with the bonus, and I still have 700 left. I'm not even trying to save any, I just haven't had enough 3x opportunities.

All in all, I should walk away with 10,000+ feathers for this gauntlet.

Ah my bad, had a brain fart and mixed it up with my other account which is Team Merric.

But fair enough, yeah I'll have to wait for the bonus then, it's been pretty even for a while.

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Ah my bad, had a brain fart and mixed it up with my other account which is Team Merric.

Out of curiosity, and I think others want to know too. What are the scores for that match-up?

36 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

What is your rank right now in Team Sanaki?

A score of about 260,000 is good for the top 1000 reward bracket (highest one). I'm rank 687 with a score of 271,920 and I have 700 flags left. 

It is now, 1.947 billion to 2.052 billion. For the past two updates, Sanaki has gotten ~40mil and Julia has gotten ~60mil. At that rate, Sanaki should get the 3x bonus with 4 or less hours remaining. We might just have a chance to bullshit a win out of this.

That would be amazing. Cant wait to join team sanaki and take revenge on that fanservice

Linde is going to need to make up like 650-700 million in the last update and Tharja can at least do around 280 million without the 3x (she did 840 million in the one time she had the 3x bonus). So Linde actually needs to do like 900 million in the last update, which doesn’t seem likely since her highest so far is 535 million and some Linde members are running out of flags by now. Like I’m at rank 177 Linde, 710 cumulative, spending 1500 flags only with the 3x. I have 10 flags left.

Basically there needs to be like 75% more “hidden” Linde supporters, we need to be just outside 10% in the last hour, and there need to be no “hidden” Tharja supporters (but they could afford to save flags, so this is very unlikely unless they just get lazy and choose not to fight the last hour). 

Henry/Merric also look to be running out as well. Julia’s team seems slightly larger but Sanaki might snipe them for the upset. Julia’s team should actually slow down so Sanaki doesn’t get the bonus. >_>

Edited by XeKr

Just now, Jedrus Lilac said:

That would be amazing. Cant wait to join team sanaki and take revenge on that fanservice

No, stay away! I want us to stay a small group!

The winner of Sanaki v Julia doesn't have a chance in hell against Tharja.

9 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Still needing Blue Allies to show up.  Guess I might have to field not-Leo if some blueys don't show up soon.

I have Oboro or Ninian if you need it.   No one has needed anything from me so Leo has been up front. I don't mind tp change it though 

6 hours ago, komasa said:

eHKmUxl.png

Orboro sprite credits to @BANRYU

Hide contents

....festival vampire Leo........

Hide contents

...so much darkness *-*....  where are you hiding your fanart??

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

@komasa @BANRYU Call me "Crowboro" ;)

What have you done to my Oboro?!?! ???

Spoiler

Also here's the Vampire Leo.  I draw a lot of Fire Emblem and assorted things.  My profile picture is something i drew for a project on tumblr.

download_20170321_210543.thumb.png.bdc9f17dcb4061b8757e143a164e9c09.png

Edited by Anime27Arts

@Falcom

Team Robin is at  2,672,752,709

Team Merric is at 2,421,981,260

So Team Robin is holding fast.  Yay!  So it seems like Team Robin kept their lead against Leo when I went to bed last night.  Unless team Leo can get the 3x multiplier I don't think they can rally at this point.

Rant and thoughts on 3x multiplier

Spoiler

With 3x multipler from viewing on the other pairings.  For team purposes it seems to be working as an idea to keep balence with overall team scores.  So we haven't had any major blow outs and doesn't hurt one army's chance to win.  Which I think is good since were having really good matches with some of the teams who would be blow out by know.  The problem is the individual scores for these since it includes the 3x multipler with your personal score. If a player want to attempt to get in the high score, If they miss even one 3x multiplier.  Their out of luck.  As someone who general likes to go all out in this voting gauntlets with battle flags.  If I wanted to attempt top 10,000 for example in the Robin army.  With all 1510 battle flags I honestly don't know if I would qualify for even rank 10,0000.  From doing the math with top 50.  I know I need at least one hour of X3 multiplier to make that attempt.  Which only happen in this war so far during the first couple hours were the western Robin fans were asleep.  So unless they intelligent System can show rank numbers on a website to give player a better idea of individual score.  The updated scoring system feels like it punish players more then help them. Which is just frustrating.

9 hours ago, SniperGYS said:

You can try to call my Oboro for help: 4893369838

I have sent you a request.  On a side note, I wish they would increase the Friend limit.  50 is so arbitrarily low.

4 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Out of curiosity for the Leo people on my friends list (so @Locke087, @Rezzy, @TheTuckingFypo, and @Motendra), has Cecilia been useful?

Yep, her Cavalry buff is nice for Leo, and against the odd Blue that decides to show up.

10 minutes ago, Skids said:

@Falcom

Team Robin is at  2,672,752,709

Team Merric is at 2,421,981,260

So Team Robin is holding fast.  Yay!  So it seems like Team Robin kept their lead against Leo when I went to bed last night.  Unless team Leo can get the 3x multiplier I don't think they can rally at this point.

Reveal hidden contents

With 3x multipler from viewing on the other pairings.  For team purposes it seems to be working as an idea to keep balence with overall team scores.  So we haven't had any major blow outs and doesn't hurt one army's chance to win.  Which I think is good since were having really good matches with some of the teams who would be blow out by know.  The problem is the individual scores for these since it includes the 3x multipler with your personal score. If a player want to attempt to get in the high score, If they miss even one 3x multiplier.  Their out of luck.  As someone who general likes to go all out in this voting gauntlets with battle flags.  If I wanted to attempt top 10,000 for example in the Robin army.  With all 1510 battle flags I honestly don't know if I would qualify for even rank 10,0000.  From doing the math with top 50.  I know I need at least one hour of X3 multiplier to make that attempt.  Which only happen in this war so far during the first couple hours were the western Robin fans were asleep.  So unless they intelligent System can show rank numbers on a website to give player a better idea of individual score.  The updated scoring system feels like it punish players more then help them. Which is just frustrating.

Do you mean Merric?  Leo and Robin aren't up against each other right now.

14 minutes ago, Skids said:

Reveal hidden contents

The only reason the scores appear to be close is because the team in the lead is waiting to use their flags in hopes that they can get the 3x bonus. The losing teams however have most likely already used up most if not all of their flags.

The closest match-up has definitely been Sanaki v Julia. Julia has basically lead the whole way with Sanaki taking only slight leads after scoring the 3x bonus. Julia hasn't gotten the bonus since very early on when the thresholds were much smaller. The past 2 leads that Sanaki got weren't large enough to give Julia the bonus, so Team Julia probably has a ton of flags remaining. It's all going to come down to whether or not Team Sanaki gets the bonus again before the round ends. And even then, If we get it too early, Team Julia will definitely have the flags and the manpower to take it back without the bonus.

The question is whether people on team Julia will spend their flags just to get the win or will they purposefully lose just because they won't have the 3x for their total score ranking?

Edited by Hawk King

Just now, Jedrus Lilac said:

First u need to survive. What are the odds right now?

Julia: 2,167.8 million
Sanaki: 2,029.3 million

138.5 million difference, or 6,8%.