Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Taxon said:

More Tharja talk here. Don't open if not interested.

Hide contents

I can see where you're coming from with this. I'm not the kind of person who will usually dislike a character just because they're immoral (Hazama is my profile picture for crying out loud). One of my major problems with Tharja though is that she is allowed to be immoral but is consistently presented as being a genuinely good person despite her actions. When someone like Gangrel does something bad all the other characters in the story acknowledge how bad it is. When Tharja does something bad she can just kind of get away with it and nobody will act like she did anything wrong, or they will severely underact. I mean, can you imagine if it were Gangrel who had abused his daughter into becoming a miserable, mentally ill nervous wreck? No one would tolerate that crap for a moment. His actions would be presented as irredeemably evil by the writers and everyone would hate him. Everyone. When Tharja does it though it's played for comedy. While a character like Gangrel is clearly intentionally written to be a scumbag, Tharja comes across as a character who the writers genuinely wanted the player to find endearing, but ended up coming across as a scumbag anyway because the writers had no self awareness. There's a huge difference there.

Basically, Tharja comes across as a horrible person who is also completely immune to karma and can get away with doing anything she wants to anyone she wants and never really have to suffer any consequences for it. Combine this with the "Fuck your opinion" attitude you mentioned and you've got a recipe for a truly obnoxious character. If the other characters in the story had reacted to her immoral actions more accurately instead of just letting her do whatever she wants then I probably wouldn't hate her nearly as much as I do.

Spoiler

i like Tharja but this is true. honestly i feel like they sort of had to make people blow off her actions and treat them lightly like "oh, it's a prank!" or whatever, because otherwise there'd be no way to really achieve an A or S support with her or any character that felt...like an actual support. realistically, a good bit of the supports i feel would end after the first convo lol, because most people wouldn't want to talk to her again or even be around her. of course there are some better supports, like Nowi's was sweet. 

to anyone now flocking to Robin, feel free to add me!

Merric lost and I just joined Team Julia.

I wanted to support Robin so much, but most likely he will beat Leo and lose to Tharja in the final. Last time I supported Minerva and we lost to Camilla in the final, there was just a "you lose", nothing else. There wasn't a single sprite of Minerva thanking me or honoring me, and my heart was hurt. So this time I am going to support Julia (for x3 multiplier), and then Tharja in the end.

Edited by Rosetta

5 minutes ago, Rosetta said:

Merric lost and I just joined Team Julia.

I wanted to support Robin so much, but most likely he will beat Leo and lose to Tharja in the final. Last time I supported Minerva and we lost to Camilla in the final, there was just a "you lose", nothing else. There wasn't a single sprite of Minerva thanking me or honoring me, and my heart was hurt. So this time I am going to support Julia (for x3 multiplier), and then Tharja in the end.

Welcome to the army. I'll make sure they don't take your body when we all get impaled by red blades.

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Welcome to the army. I'll make sure they don't take your body when we all get impaled by red blades.

(Un)fortunately, my blue blade hero met two blue teammates in the first round.

@Taxon @wizzard of soz Respectfully, I disagreeeeeee ~3~

Spoiler

Seriously though I think most people totally mischaracterize Tharja; IMO the Nowi support isn't out of character for her at all as a lot of people say it is, to me it's the clearest indicator of what she's really like. She's introverted and misanthropic to an extreme degree (thinking of stuff with Stahl, where she distrusts the notion that people could feel genuinely positive things about her given her demeanor and profession), no doubt, and she has a certain amount of pride in herself and her capabilities that make her somewhat dangerous, but if you look at a lot of her other supports, her willingness to help is evident if you're willing to see it-- she mind-controls Virion to help out the army by cleaning up, making food, building infrastructure, and other beneficial shit; she bosses Donnel around, but with the ulterior motive of getting him to stand up for himself and not simply do as he's told all the time (both of which, along with her join convo, characterize her as rebellious to authority-- another thing I kinda like about her lol-- if you read between the lines and think about how satisfying it must be to watch a foppish noble like Virion do such menial labor haha), and then of course there's stuff like with Libra and Nowi, where she legitimately empathizes with them.

Tharja is actually a big softie on the inside and I love her for it, TBH. 

Anyway, I've jumped ship from Team Merric to Team Leo ~3~ I've actually got all the mage boys but as much as I'd love to rep Team Rob, I want to be able to join Tharja for the final victory sweep *3* But in the meantime I'll do my best for Leoboy!

My Leo got nothin' special sadly, but I'll add anyone who wants to add me. Chances are I'll be tossing in other units like my TriAdept Robin, LaD + Desperation Nino, and Defiant Atk + Vantage Kagero as my leader depending on my quest needs...

4 minutes ago, Rosetta said:

(Un)fortunately, my blue blade hero met two blue teammates in the first round.

Well that's unfortunate. I've had rounds where I got three Greens and the other side had a Sanaki.

Anyone have an update on how Robin v Leo is going? I'm hoping for a Robin victory, so I don't have to support someone who took out one of my initial choices (yes, I is petty).

8 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

Anyone have an update on how Robin v Leo is going? I'm hoping for a Robin victory, so I don't have to support someone who took out one of my initial choices (yes, I is petty).

Currently, Leo has the x3, which will likely shift to our side during the next hour.

So, after saving up flags for the entire round I was preparing for a glorious final charge against the Granvelle army and kind of.... fell asleep. After waking up I found out that our army lost by a smal margin. I feel like I have led my empress down...

Luckily, I managed to escape capture and now find myself in the employment of lord Leo, fighting against some white haired tactician. Unfortunatly, It seems none of my former comrades have made it here, so I need new friends...

If anyone on team Leo can add me, my Nino would gladly help you deal with that Grima incarnation. I also have a Hector and Reinhard (and several others) in reserve if people prefer them. My ingame name is Bardth, id is 9221424579. I would greatly apreciate the help in serving lord Leo.

btw, for those intrested, the current score in Leo vs Robin is 73M vs 168M.

Edited by Bartozio

Aww, both Henry and Sanaki lost. I'm jumping on over to Team Julia since she was my third choice from the beginning. The constant x3 multiplier should be nice for my rank too. Of course, first time with it I accidentally selected Soren instead of Julia and missed out on the character bonus orz

4 hours ago, L9999 said:

It's because she is a miss fanservice for creepy weeaboos and those creepy weeaboos made her popular, thus IS pushes her down our throats. Camilla is another story....

Disliking a character is fine. Essentially insulting the fans of said character with petty name calling and insults isn't. I'll kindly ask that you and everyone else refrains from doing that.

15 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

So, after saving up flags for the entire round I was preparing for a glorious final charge against the Granvelle army and kind of.... fell asleep. After waking up I found out that our army lost by a smal margin. I feel like I have led my empress down...

Luckily, I managed to escape capture and now find myself in the employment of lord Leo, fighting against some white haired tactician. Unfortunatly, It seems none of my former comrades have made it here, so I need new friends...

If anyone on team Leo can add me, my Nino would gladly help you deal with that Grima incarnation. I also have a Hector and Reinhard (and several others) in reserve if people prefer them. My ingame name is Bardth, id is 9221424579. I would greatly apreciate the help in serving lord Leo.

I might say the same thing serving this weird man who thinks he's Robin. He's got short hair, a deep voice and uses blue tomes instead of green, but he's close enough to my liege.

17 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Your Camus pic isn't just for show, huh?

27 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

2851344183 hector welcomes you to Team Leo

Edit: 590 mil Leo to 315 mil Robin(weak)

Edited by Namarid

13 minutes ago, Eleanore said:

Aww, both Henry and Sanaki lost. I'm jumping on over to Team Julia since she was my third choice from the beginning. The constant x3 multiplier should be nice for my rank too. Of course, first time with it I accidentally selected Soren instead of Julia and missed out on the character bonus orz

It was an honour to fight with you and Reinhardt. Until we meet again as allies or enemies!

@Bartozio Requested :)