Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

4 hours ago, Czarpy said:

3* Alter Egos and Rulers would be disturbingly op on paper.

There is absolutely no reason why they would be, because a servant isn't just their class.  It would depend entirely on their skill set.  You seem to be overestimating the Extra classes in general.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

There is absolutely no reason why they would be, because a servant isn't just their class.  It would depend entirely on their skill set.  You seem to be overestimating the Extra classes in general.

Alter-Egos especially wouldn't be that broken, despite how it seems like they would on paper. Being defensively neutral against all classes sans Berserker (weakness) and Foreigners (strength) still leaves them rather fragile. Not to mention that aside from Foreigners, they're only doing 50% more damage as opposed to the full 100% against Cavalry classes and that the Knight classes tend to be the most common ones enemy-wise.

@MrSmokestack oh yeah I was well aware of that as soon as I posted that. I was tempted to edit my post but then I had to help my mom move some shit in the house for awhile; so I didn’t.

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner Tbh it’s Salieri’s NP gain that holds him back. Sure, skill 2 can patch it here and there but it only has 3 charges worth of doing it. His skillset is fine and I only pointed out how Skill 2 is a self buff and how pointless the charges on Skill 3 are.

Also, his overcharge numbers could be better (seriously DW 10% Arts Def down at 100% OC)

Despite that, he’s a pretty fun unit to use and I’m planning to Grail him to 90 after I Grail my Bedivere to 90 on JP

Also while I’m at it, Fuck Journey to The West gameplay wise

1 hour ago, N30 said:

Also while I’m at it, Fuck Journey to The West gameplay wise

We will get some improvements from the JP Re-Run though, namely the higher drop count.
So ... hot hell or instead of scorching?

6 minutes ago, The Priest said:

We will get some improvements from the JP Re-Run though, namely the higher drop count.
So ... hot hell or instead of scorching?

i guess it went from journey to the hell into getting out of hell

"It's a bad idea.  Don't do it.  You know what will happen.  The story says it's a bad idea.  HEY, ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION?!"

Kintoki is so going to kill me. . .but on the upside, full Arts assassin team.

Got the CE I'd been fishing for since the start of the event, to boot!

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

"It's a bad idea.  Don't do it.  You know what will happen.  The story says it's a bad idea.  HEY, ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION?!"

Kintoki is so going to kill me. . .but on the upside, full Arts assassin team.

Got the CE I'd been fishing for since the start of the event, to boot!

Dammit. Put your Shuten on the supports so I can have fun farming riders :P: 

12 hours ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Yeah I'm probably overestimating them. I'll just wait to see if I wind up getting any extra class servant. (Whoo whoo Ruler Martha.)

Gears dropped to 29 when i realized i need to raise up Caesar

Good thing journey to hell had Gears and America Gears Node is comparable to Hunting Quest. Horseshoe away and i can run my planned Lancelot Meme squad

NP2 Beowulf is REALLY REALLY convenient for farming. I think with proper set up he could "solo" Gawain too. Gotta try this out lol

4 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Gears dropped to 29 when i realized i need to raise up Caesar

Good thing journey to hell had Gears and America Gears Node is comparable to Hunting Quest. Horseshoe away and i can run my planned Lancelot Meme squad

NP2 Beowulf is REALLY REALLY convenient for farming. I think with proper set up he could "solo" Gawain too. Gotta try this out lol

Beowulf seems to be a dude that's fun to use.

Can't check it atm, but does his instinct skill ever get upgraded?

7 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

Beowulf seems to be a dude that's fun to use.

Can't check it atm, but does his instinct skill ever get upgraded?

No

But its actually lowkey good. Beo is a Berserker, so when you pop it, your intended target would get it most of the time, and solo scenario it gives him 34 spread of stars to work with when backed by Anni Blonde. It really should be buffed to 20 Stars as with generic instinct(and throwing knife 14-15), but its ok. This gives him a set up where you run double Burst from his NP followed by a Crit partner

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

7 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

I know you already have a Shuten on support though, because you're still on my friend list.

What's better than one Shuten?  Two of them.

. . .well, one day.  I haven't raised her yet, so she isn't farming squat.

Finished with 416M damage done. No reason to overshoot the DP goal unless you still needed gourds because the raids are rigged anyway. Doing everything I needed for this event early on paid off since I spent that time grinding JP instead.

Looking foward to Journey to the West. My quartz are ready for Li and possibly Sanzou. I’ll likely have plenty of gacha CEs from rolling them so this should be a breeze.

4 hours ago, N30 said:

@MrSmokestack oh yeah I was well aware of that as soon as I posted that. I was tempted to edit my post but then I had to help my mom move some shit in the house for awhile; so I didn’t.

Lazy

1 hour ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

I know you already have a Shuten on support though, because you're still on my friend list.

I think you're mistaken here. I don't have a Shuten.

14 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

...I meant that I have Shuten on my support, which you have access to.

Ah sorry.

Haven't seen you pop up on my supports in quite a while. Have you changed your IGN?

Shuten's fun to use, but I kinda wish her NP was multi-hit too.

460 mil and some change... did over 170 runs of 1bp on zerk day -> Jeanne reached 8 and same for Stheno! almost done with the snek sister

gotta resist the urge to roll TOO much for Sanzo... she looks adorable, but the enxt couple banners are bound to drain my wallet if I do not watch out

If anyone was interested in that "Reddit Riot" that was going on (the comparisons between NA and other branches), some people went and did actual research and posted evidence to the contrary. Per usual, it seems there was some misinformation present. Long story short, no server is an utopia (not even JP) and each has their ups and downs. NA is not getting screwed over (unless one wants it to be #1 in absolutely everything which is a futile desire) If anyone is interested into reading further into the matter, further details are in the spoiler.

Spoiler

Reddit Links:
Breakdown of Free Quartz till Rashomon (with bonus research)
Compilation of Quality of Life Updates across Servers

As for my updated and enlightened opinion...
- I still retain that I am content with the current pace but would not mind a faster pace like Taiwan's.
- With actual research and numbers being present for the Quartz giveaways, I can say I remain indifferent to the matter but am relieved that there is not as much disparity as originally perceived. // However, some of the event freebies are definitely missing from the NA side (or are possibly being saved for later). Other branches have also missed out on some freebies, so NA players may not feel as "screwed over."
- Reddit seems to be going nuts for the sake of going nuts and mob mentality.

= = = = = = = = = =

The biggest thing for me is finding out that battle subtitles are not actually a thing. Subtitles only exist for the shop and ascensions (which are translated and can be found on the servant's page if you have them, they are just no shown in the shop or during ascensions for NA). I would have loved battle subtitles...

Also, NA has plenty of Quality of Life improvements! Some of these things that I take for granted did not exist when FGO was initially released in Japan! I wonder where the complaints about "NA having poor QoL" came from, unless it was just people wanting more stuff.

Finally got my Georgios to Bond 10! It is a shame I really won't be able to show him off since another event is coming soon. I'm hoping to clear out its shop because I would love more Bones, Horseshoes, Gears, Hearts, Pages, Crystals, Feathers... I guess I may be in grinding hell for the arrival West than farming banana smoothies.

As for the current "bully the banana" event, I settled for merely 150M. I can't bring myself to grind out everything due to its difficulty, repetitiveness, and lack of interesting items to buy. I would have gone crazy for Mana Prisms, but I got 5k in storage for that lovely Bond CE that should be coming out later this year.

12 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

Ah sorry.

Haven't seen you pop up on my supports in quite a while. Have you changed your IGN?

Shuten's fun to use, but I kinda wish her NP was multi-hit too.

Nope.  My player name is still Zeth, and I don't think it's likely to change, as that's my standard character name for mobage.  It's kind of funny that you haven't seen me pop up, though, because I see your servants a lot.

The main reason Shuten's NP is single hit is so she doesn't get much of a refund to reduce NP loops.  It's not a huge issue in an Arts team, but it one of the things that limits her outside of those comps.

2 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Nope.  My player name is still Zeth, and I don't think it's likely to change, as that's my standard character name for mobage.  It's kind of funny that you haven't seen me pop up, though, because I see your servants a lot.

The main reason Shuten's NP is single hit is so she doesn't get much of a refund to reduce NP loops.  It's not a huge issue in an Arts team, but it one of the things that limits her outside of those comps.

ah I mistook you for someone else. There was an IGN on my supports named YM that confused me.

Gonna aim for 200k. Don't think it's worth going all the way to 300 K for my own sanity.

1 hour ago, Sire said:

If anyone was interested in that "Reddit Riot" that was going on (the comparisons between NA and other branches), some people went and did actual research and posted evidence to the contrary. Per usual, it seems there was some misinformation present. Long story short, no server is an utopia (not even JP) and each has their ups and downs. NA is not getting screwed over (unless one wants it to be #1 in absolutely everything which is a futile desire) If anyone is interested into reading further into the matter, further details are in the spoiler.

Hide contents

Reddit Links:
Breakdown of Free Quartz till Rashomon (with bonus research)
Compilation of Quality of Life Updates across Servers

As for my updated and enlightened opinion...
- I still retain that I am content with the current pace but would not mind a faster pace like Taiwan's.
- With actual research and numbers being present for the Quartz giveaways, I can say I remain indifferent to the matter but am relieved that there is not as much disparity as originally perceived. // However, some of the event freebies are definitely missing from the NA side (or are possibly being saved for later). Other branches have also missed out on some freebies, so NA players may not feel as "screwed over."
- Reddit seems to be going nuts for the sake of going nuts and mob mentality.

= = = = = = = = = =

The biggest thing for me is finding out that battle subtitles are not actually a thing. Subtitles only exist for the shop and ascensions (which are translated and can be found on the servant's page if you have them, they are just no shown in the shop or during ascensions for NA). I would have loved battle subtitles...

Also, NA has plenty of Quality of Life improvements! Some of these things that I take for granted did not exist when FGO was initially released in Japan! I wonder where the complaints about "NA having poor QoL" came from, unless it was just people wanting more stuff.

. . .yeah, still glad to be F2P, and this probably won't change.  First anniversary's coming up, so let's see what happens.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

. . .yeah, still glad to be F2P, and this probably won't change.  First anniversary's coming up, so let's see what happens.

Spoiler

Server Shutdown